bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A sick mind at work???  (Read 6117 times)

winner08

A sick mind at work???
« on: November 01, 2008, 09:42:19 PM »

Please tell me what y'all think. God creates man.
God know how hard and stressfull a b#@%*  it will be for man to live on earth
God makes the plants and herbs of the earth
God knows man will use these plants and herbs for stress relief and for medicines
God is in control of all things
we have no free will
we make our own choices
God creates the circumstance we are in OR do we put ourselves in these circumstances?
All good gifts come from the Father of Lights.
Do the bad things come from Satan?

I am in this situation because I took a good gift and chose to turn it into a bad one?

Is this how an additive mind works?

just thinking out loud. Before the $%#^ hits the fan.

Darren

Beloved

Re: A sick mind at work???
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 10:55:56 PM »

You are going through the exact tribulation that God planned for you...he knows how your mind works and what it will take to bring you to repentance, now .......or later.

when you see you misssed the mark, then you see your standing in relation to God.

If His commandments are written on your heart then you will want to correct your actions, if your heart is hardened then you will know what that rebelliois part of you is.   

The sick mind is the beast

beloved

aqrinc

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 11:52:55 PM »

Beloved, Darren,

I have met the beast and the beast is me. I thought it was killed already several times but it keeps coming
back all the time. Thank God The Father and The Lord Jesus Christ that; the beast hates light and God's Light
keeps Shining even through the darkness of this ones life.

george.

Beloved

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 12:27:58 AM »

yes George it is a battle ....that beastie is hard to kill.....that is why you have to have armour and the SWORD

Beloved

KristaD

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2008, 12:46:52 AM »

Are you talking about marijuana?

ETA: Nevermind I just read your other post lol. You're talking about pain pills, right?
YOU didn't turn God's gift into a bad one, the pharmaceutical companies did. Powerful pain killing drugs are not the same as herbs in their natural state. Many many people suffer from addictions to prescription medications.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 12:51:54 AM by KristaD »

Beloved

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2008, 12:56:46 AM »

Withdrawing from pain meds...can take you down some dark roads...there are areas both physically and mentally that you never realized were being altered by these meds.

beloved

aqrinc

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2008, 01:00:17 AM »

So very right on Having the Sword Beloved, i used to use my intelligence to argue the Word. Now by Prayer
and Supplication with Thanksgiving Always to God Nothing can stand in His Way that He has set for me. Now
if i can learn to do the same when talking with my Wife of 35 years we will have conquored the first windmill.

george.

yes George it is a battle ....that beastie is hard to kill.....that is why you have to have armour and the SWORD

Beloved
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 01:58:19 AM by aqr »

Marlene

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2008, 01:51:52 AM »

Hello, That beast likes to arise.  I think of Romans 7 verse 24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death. verse 25 Thanks be to God-through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God's law, but in the sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.

Yes, that man is at war within us. Praise be to god we want his will! He is able to take this from us. He is able to take our trials and turn them into Joy.

I believe Darren this is a trial that he will help you to overcome. I will keep you in my prayers. I have always feared medications cause someone I once loved was addicted to drugs and he did not need them for pain. God will help you, I belive this is a battle and he will enable you to win. I sugger in pain and have often asked God why, but he has enabled me to withstand it without too many medications and its a good thing cause I have so many health issues as it is.

We all have a battle inside of us. I felt that beast today what to arise. It had some victory and then with Gods help it backed down. The it being me.

In His Love,
Marlene

winner08

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2008, 02:16:27 AM »

Krista: I wish :D if it were weed I don't think I'd have a problem. When I was a teen until I was in my late 20s i smoked weed but I quite with no problem. One day some friends came over and lit one up and I say no I'll pass not realizing that it had been a while since I did smoke. That was 20yrs ago. Haven't touched it since. I use to tell people that God knew how hard it would be for humans so He created weed to ease the stress ???. I don't smoke or drink ,unfortunately I am hook on these pain meds. first it started out 1 every 4hr. then more and more and more, stronger pills and stronger pills until it was 10yrs later and needed them to function. It sucks. so I am doing something about it. If it is Gods Will I will accomplish this. If not then it wasn't in God's Will and maby I need to learn more from this. maby  This is some kind of mission from God? A test,trail or a mission. There's has to be a reason that I am going through this, is it not??? Or maby I just messed up and that's all there is to it. no reason or rhyme. But we know that is impossible because there is a reason for everything and God is in control of all things. Is it not??

Thanks

Darren

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2008, 02:42:28 AM »

Withdrawing from pain meds...can take you down some dark roads...there are areas both physically and mentally that you never realized were being altered by these meds.

beloved

AMEN to that!!!  been there, done that...

claudia

walt123

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2008, 03:49:39 AM »

Hello Darren

It is hard to go throught physcial pain and not knowing when relief will come.
I think it is important to search out alt.medical help,perhaps looking into a naturopathic medical doctor
may help you get better sooner,it seems to me as I have heard that traditional doctors almost alway looks first to
treat the symptom than the cause,
 as we need to remember GOD helps with trials and cures us in many different ways,along with prayers from your spiritual family.
Hope to hear you getting well soon.

walt.

Robin

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2008, 04:01:18 AM »

I've learned through many trials that in the midst of battle and crisis I am plagued with thoughts that attack God's character. This happens every time. I used to question God's character through those trials. Every evil thought about God there is came to mind. Through the years God has strengthened my faith and I now know that every thought I have that attacks God's character is a lie. I might not always know the truth at the time, but God is always faithful and always good. I can stand on that even when I don't have all the answers. I have been through dark places that were so dark I never thought I would find my way out. Those are the times when we are the most vulnerable.

1 Peter 5:
 8Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 9Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings.

10And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast.

Do the bad things come from Satan?
I am in this situation because I took a good gift and chose to turn it into a bad one?

I experience these thoughts also and then I see that this too is an attack on God's character. I am not the God of my own life and my own circumstances. Satan is not the God of my life and my circumstances.

God is in charge of all my circumstances. He uses evil and my weakness to fulfull his plan and purpose in my life.

This does not excuse me of sin. I am accountable and pray that God calls me to repentance in every area of my life. I know that I can't even repent on my own.

2 Corinthians 12:
 9And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

10Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

2 Peter 1:
 3His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. 4Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.

KristaD

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2008, 10:58:42 AM »

I've suffered with addiction and experienced withdrawls as well, Darren. Never doubt that there is a point and purpose. He would never subject us to any pain for no reason. You will get through this and you will be a different person, a better person, that you would not be had you not experienced what you have. You'll be in my prayers as you go through this.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2008, 01:46:13 PM »

I think we give Satan way too much credit.  It's a way, I believe, to hang on to the notion that we are basically good and if it weren't for the Devil, we'd have no problem with sin.  Sin springs out of our own hearts and the great majority of the time we need no 'temptation' other than what we gladly supply to ourselves.  In a way, all continued sin is an addiction...addiction to thrills, to safety, to comfort, to 'feeling good'.

There's nothing 'natural' about pharmacueticals.  Every pain killer that I know about is either synthesized in labs or heavily processed from nature.  Man made them from his knowledge and desire. 

People who have been drunk have a slight leg up on others when it comes to understanding being filled with the Spirit of God.  People who have been high have a slight edge over others in understanding that perception does not equal reality.  God also made the sun, however, and as 'good' as it is, it will harm us if we stare at it unprotected.  Wisdom trumps all experience.  When this is past for you, you will have gained wisdom. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

aqrinc

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2008, 06:03:15 PM »

Dave,

This is not at all a frivolous question, can you explain the comment i pulled out of you post.

(People who have been drunk have a slight leg up on others when it comes to understanding being filled with the Spirit of God).

As to the rest, you are correct in that we give Satan too much credit and us (wild beast) to little credit.
As long as we can blame Satan our wild nature can hide behind that and keep doing what it does best
(It Us is enmity against God). We in the flesh cannot be subject to God's Law; this is why we must
first die to flesh.

george.

I think we give Satan way too much credit.  It's a way, I believe, to hang on to the notion that we are basically good and if it weren't for the Devil, we'd have no problem with sin.  Sin springs out of our own hearts and the great majority of the time we need no 'temptation' other than what we gladly supply to ourselves.  In a way, all continued sin is an addiction...addiction to thrills, to safety, to comfort, to 'feeling good'.

There's nothing 'natural' about pharmaceuticals.  Every pain killer that I know about is either synthesized in labs or heavily processed from nature.  Man made them from his knowledge and desire. 

People who have been drunk have a slight leg up on others when it comes to understanding being filled with the Spirit of God.  People who have been high have a slight edge over others in understanding that perception does not equal reality.  God also made the sun, however, and as 'good' as it is, it will harm us if we stare at it unprotected.  Wisdom trumps all experience.  When this is past for you, you will have gained wisdom. 
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 06:04:22 PM by aqr »

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2008, 06:33:25 PM »

George, I don't think it is for no reason that Paul wrote to the Ephesians:

Eph 5:15  See, then, how exactly ye walk, not as unwise, but as wise, 16  redeeming the time, because the days are evil; 17  because of this become not fools, but--understanding what is the will of the Lord, 18  and be not drunk with wine, in which is dissoluteness, but be filled in the Spirit, 19  speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord, 20  giving thanks always for all things, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, to the God and Father;...

Getting drunk is an example of giving over oneself to another influence.  Those who have been drunk have a slight edge in understanding this, in the same way that people who have had sex understand better becoming one with another person, and the bride/bridegroom relationship of Christ and His people.

It's interesting to me in those verses that the life under the influence of the Spirit is characterized by some of the same things that characterize a time of influence under alcohol.  There have been many times (the drive home after the Nashville Conference being the latest) where I am caught up in the Spirit, speaking to myself in Psalms and spiritual songs, making melody in my heart to the Lord, giving thanks for all things.  This isn't just from following a commandment.  It flows out of a heart being influenced by the Spirit of God and is 'social' in the sense of fellowship with Him.

I am not equating 'drunkeness' with being full of the Spirit...in what ways they are similar, the first leads to dissipation and foolishness, the latter to wisdom and understanding.  Nor am I equating being full of the Spirit with 'drunkeness' as some of our more pentacostal friends exhibit. 

I hope that answers your query.     

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

aqrinc

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2008, 08:28:49 PM »

Thanks Dave,

That was a very good explanation, in my youth getting drunk was fun for me. I was around a lot of dope
users but Thank Be To God for His Grace; i used marijuana once (did inhale) and decided i liked liquor much
better.

Probably why i never graduated from alcohol to other popular drugs was that i did not like the weird
experience that smoking the marijuana gave me. Today i find that there is no need or want for any sort
of drink to change my mood (although i will still tip a couple with friends). 

I believe that we are being put through all these things because when we are finally sent out to do battle;
our Swords (The Word Of God) will be sharp and the killing (the unrighteousness of this world) will be plentiful.

So now we are learning how to use our Armor (The Scriptures) to protect us from the darts of the Enemy
(heresies, idols of the Heart, The Wild Beasts in the world) and most of all to Serve (Be Humble and Merciful).

Isaiah 23:3:
And by great waters the seed of Sihor, the harvest of the river, is her revenue; and she is a mart of nations. (Working on this)

Jeremiah 51:33:
For thus said the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; The daughter of Babylon is like a threshing floor, it is time
to thresh her: yet a little while, and the time of her harvest shall come.

Matthew 9:37:
Then said he to his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the laborers are few;
Matthew 9:38:
Pray you therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth laborers into his harvest.

Matthew 13:39:
The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.

Mark 4:29:
But when the fruit is brought forth, immediately he puts in the sickle, because the harvest is come.

John 4:35:
Say not you, There are yet four months, and then comes harvest? behold, I say to you, Lift up your eyes,
and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest.

Revelation of John 14:15:
And another angel came out from the temple, crying with a great voice to him that sat on the cloud, Send
forth thy sickle, and reap: for the hour to reap is come; for the harvest of the earth is ripe.

george.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.