bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can the gray haired lady change God’s mind?  (Read 13816 times)

Ninny

Re: Can the gray haired lady change God’s mind?
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2008, 01:18:00 AM »

I think America has been blessed as a nation, but I wonder if we have squandered the blessing. I think we have had opportunities that we have missed. We are a generous nation giving money and aid to countries who hate us. I have told my husband many times that governments stand and fall by God's design and command. God chooses who does what. What is our part? To obey God.  to give our selves over to him. How do we do that? We are bombarded everyday with stuff that is intended to draw our focus off Jesus Christ and our direction in him. Our fight is is most definitely against principalities, powers, spiritual wickedness in ALL places. Sometimes it is overwhelming! We have to keep going to God and asking him to put us back on the right path.

I am not a deep thinker like the rest of you! I only know that the only hope I have is the hope I have in Jesus! I know what God can do and what He has done and trust in Him to keep dragging me back when I stray off the path! ???
Kathy :)

aqrinc

« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2008, 01:32:22 AM »

Did not Jesus Say this to believers or unbelievers or is it; Was - Is - and Is to come:

Text:

Matthew 25:40:
And the King shall answer and say to them, Truly I say to you, Inasmuch as you have done it to
one of the least of these my brothers, you have done it to me.

Matthew 25:45:
"Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the
least of these, ye did it not to me. "

Context:
                                                  *  everlasting= aionian                 
Matthew 25: 31-45

31-When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

32-And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep
from the goats:

33-And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

34-Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, all of you blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for
you from the foundation of the world:

35-For I was an hungered, and all of you gave me food: I was thirsty, and all of you gave me drink: I was a stranger, and all of
you took me in:

36-Naked, and all of you clothed me: I was sick, and all of you visited me: I was in prison, and all of you came unto me.

37-Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we you an hungered, and fed you? or thirsty, and gave you drink?

38-When saw we you a stranger, and took you in? or naked, and clothed you?

39-Or when saw we you sick, or in prison, and came unto you?

40-And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as all of you have done it unto one of the
least of these my brethren, all of you have done it unto me.

41-Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, all of you cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for
the devil and his angels:

42-For I was an hungered, and all of you gave me no food: I was thirsty, and all of you gave me no drink:

43-I was a stranger, and all of you took me not in: naked, and all of you clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and all of you
visited me not.

44-Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we you an hungered, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick,
or in prison, and did not minister unto you?

45-Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as all of you did it not to one of the least of these,
all of you did it not to me.

46-And these shall go away into everlasting
punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

george.

Richard D

« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2008, 07:24:14 AM »

George.

I would say these scriptures Jesus is saying here is to come however some of these things have already happen which( was )and others are being fulfilled now which ( is )and other will be fulfilled which (is to come )

These things are being fulfilled in the life of the believer in each generation but not everything to every believer in each generation.

All I was saying is that not every person is a child of God as of yet but one could say we are God’s offspring inasmuch as we are offspring to Adam and Adam is offspring to God but Jesus is talking about spiritual fathers when He said to some of them you are of your father the devil and also if you had loved the Father you would of love me.

So my meaning was that not all are God’s children. But if we say all are God’s children now that is not accurate information or it goes against scripture.

In God’s love. Richard.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 20 queries.