bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: football  (Read 31711 times)

Extol

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: football
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2008, 12:02:13 PM »

St Louis Rams, die-hard
 8)

daywalker

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2008, 02:14:59 PM »

Packers fan here, GO CHEESEHEADS!

I grew up in Orange County around the corner from Angels Stadium, where the LA Rams once played. When I was 11, my Nana promised to take me to a Rams game, but the next year they moved to St. Louis!  >:(

Well, that ticked me off, so I disowned them. During that season, I watched a lot of Brett Favre, and loved the way he played. He is the reason I became a Green Bay fan.

Of course, this has been an awkward year for me. The first time I've seen a Packers QB that wasn't Favre, and to make matters worse, he's playing for the Jets! But I do like Aaron Rodgers, and if he stays healthy, we have a good team. Don't know if we are Super Bowl contenders yet, but we aren't that far off...

- Christopher -

geokuhns

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2008, 03:08:44 PM »

The Steelers and the Steel Curtain are back!   8)

musicman

« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2008, 06:59:44 PM »

Another 2 and 0 weekend.

mharrell08

« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2008, 07:01:32 PM »

Falcons loss first home game of season...this is going to be the game to keep us out of the playoffs.  :(

The Falcons are rebuilding anyways, but it would have been nice to squeeze out that victory.

Marques

gmik

« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2008, 01:52:22 PM »

Gooooo  Lions!!!!  Yahhhooooooo....

No seriously GO Lions- please GO somewhere else!!!!

But Uof M is still cool!!!   Go Blue!!!  RichRod will get us back the glory!!

winner08

« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2008, 02:50:38 PM »

I hope the loins win. The bucs or in my division and we need all the help we can get.

chav

« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2008, 07:05:08 PM »

Hi
My team is the mighty Grecians (Exeter City) they play proper football with their feet (not with their hands)  I think you call it soccer.We have a similar game to yours called rugby, but without all this body armour nonsense.Why do you call it football when it is played with hands ? Hope I'm not provoking an international incident here. ;D
I went and watched an American football match some years ago.It went on for hours and hours and went completely over my head.There was an endless procession of players on and off the field every couple of minutes.Perhaps if I come to states one day someone will have to take me to a game to show me what I have been missing all these years
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 07:50:47 PM by Dave UK »

musicman

« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2008, 07:52:55 PM »

0 for 2 this week.  Excuse me, 0 for 3.  I got a masters at FIU and they also lost.  God must hate my teams now.

winner08

« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2008, 08:58:24 PM »

My team plays mon. night. Saints and they need all the help they can get. Dave in the UK the NFL is american as apple pie and cheverlot. Soccer is so boreing and way toooo long. and slow. The NFL is fast and furious. They need that amor. Even with the amor they get hurt sometimes very badly. The NFL is Great and I for one love it.

Darren

chav

« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2008, 11:48:46 AM »

Hi

Soccer is so boreing and way toooo long. and slow.

How can you describe 'the beautiful game' in such terms.Do I detect a hint of bitterness because you're not very good at it over there ? ;D ;D

Dave

Samson

« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2008, 12:21:01 PM »

Hi

Soccer is so boreing and way toooo long. and slow.

How can you describe 'the beautiful game' in such terms.Do I detect a hint of bitterness because you're not very good at it over there ? ;D ;D

Dave

Hello Dave UK,

Actually, I loved playing Soccer, used to play Goalie and Halfback on a Summer Camp Soccer
                      Team during my teen years, however, although I love playing soccer, don't enjoy watching it.

I would have joined my High School Team, but they didn't have a soccer program, until my
                      Sophmore year, so I never tried out. Soccer is great for the Legs and Reflexes.

Thanks for your Comment, Kind Regards, Samson.

winner08

« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2008, 09:46:47 PM »

Yes Dave that's what it is I'm bitter. Not only can I not play soccer but I cant play football or baseball or basketball. I have trouble walking. So yes i might be a little bitter. Also I still find it too long and boreing.
(I) myself find it this way. I sure I would feel different if I was brought up on the other side of the pond.

Darren

musicman

« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2008, 10:46:42 PM »

Wow, for a change, my Dolphins can control their own destiny by winning their last four games (Jet's r gonna kill us).  We have a solid chance against Buffalo because it's in a dome in Toronto and the Miami players won't be slipping and sliding all over snow (Jet's r gonna kill us).  Then we have sorry San Fran and KC and those we should win (Jet's r gonna kill us).  Well, I guess that about does it. . . . .oh, we are playing one more team the last week.  Yeah right, like we're gonna be denied the playoffs on the seasons last Sunday?  From 1-15 to division champs.  Dolphins rule!!  (I think Favre is gonna have a cold fish sandwich for lunch on that final Sunday.)

Extol

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2008, 12:19:54 AM »

musicman i wish you all the best in beating the evil favre and the jets!

soccer=zzzzzzzzzz

winner08

« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2008, 01:19:10 PM »

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!! Nov. football for all of us who are football fans this is an exciting time. teams can make or brake their chances for the playoffs. who and how are your teams doings where do they stand health wise alot of players ore beat up bad.It is a sad moment for me and my team. The Saints have to win everyone of their games and hope pray certain teams loose for them to even stand a chance for the playoffs. Do you know what our mantra is? Wait till next yr. :'(   :'( :'( :'(

Darren

PS what do y'all think about  Burress The Giant receiver who shot himself in the leg while at a night club?? My opinion WHAT AN IDIOT?? he just singed a multimillion dollar contract. OH speaking of money heres a side note I sure all you sports fans know who the Boxer Oscar Delihoya  he fought last night an got his buttbeat bad but in his last 3 fights (that lasted 36Min's) he made over 100million dollars not bad for the golden boy.

Vangie

« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2008, 02:51:25 PM »

Darren, I take the Falcons over your Saints today.  Sorry, gotta root for the home team!

Edit:  I meant MY home team, not where they're playing, better clarify that! :D  (I've been listening to Terry Bradshaw too long). ;)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 02:58:56 PM by Vangie »

winner08

« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2008, 05:10:15 PM »

Falcons are a threat. These two teams go at it everytime.

Darren

PS the next game is going to be a great one. cowboys and the steelers.

frecklegirl417

« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2008, 01:51:34 PM »

Darren,

I like the Baltimore Ravens and they are 8&4, but Samson likes the Oakland Raiders. I feel real sorry for him. Has for the Buress thing I think he was just plan down right being an idiot. I just can't understand people who have so much talent have to act like that. I guess to me in my opinion they should be good role models for the boys/girls who look up to them. It just lets them down and shows them a bad example. Has an athlete who has lots of fans and are probably scared for their life is understandable so why would you put your self in those situations. I was discussing this with a Giants fan at work and he was upset and all he could say was why be that good at a sport make all that money and still act like a thug? He said that his son looked up to him and had to explain that not all athletes are like that. I think that is what made him even more angry.

Ninny

« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2008, 02:36:45 PM »

Football! :P Not that I don't like it, it's that I had to suffer through Monday Night Football, thanksgiving day football, NFL, college... football for 30 years and NOW my husband goes around saying "Well I just could care LESS about football!" WHAT?? After I had to listen to the football EVERYTHING for all those years?! What are you SAYING you pitiful oaf?! ugh... I am so disgusted! Our sons are University of Alabama fans and every year when they play against Auburn University and lose, their dear daddy goes around saying Ha. ha Alabama can't even beat Auburn!  And since they clobbered Auburn this year he's been saying "oh, ha! One time in six years they beat Auburn Whoopee!"  >:(
Grrr... If I was woman enough I'd knock him out! ;D :o  Bummer, I'd have to stand in a chair to reach his head! ;D ;D

Well, anyway that's my rant! ;D
Y'all be good now!
Kathy ;)

Pam, you are right about the thugs, some people, you could hang em with a new rope and they still wouldn't be satisfied with what they have! It proves that no matter how much money or fame you have you are still who you are inside. Sad! :(
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 22 queries.