bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: football  (Read 32862 times)

winner08

Re: football
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2008, 08:30:37 PM »

Many superstars in the NFL go out to clubs and party. The smart ones have a few body gaurds around them  instead of carrying guns. They go out and are safer than the ons carrying the guns. Why? Because they don't shoot themselves in the leg. Dummies.

musicman

« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2008, 11:49:25 AM »

They need security.  So I'm going to prop a new exciting security firm. 

Dick Chainey Security Inc.!!

Yeah, they may shoot the wrong person but even the thugs will have to watch their backs.  There's no telling where the bullets will fly with Dick Chainey Security Inc.

So remember athletes, don't accedently shoot yourself, let someone else do it with,

Dick Chainey Security Inc.!!

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2008, 01:51:34 PM »

Speaking of THUGS,

Did we ever consider that the whole professional sports system is run by thugs?

I mean the owners, bankers, stock holders, Networks, Universities AND the players to a great extent.
Ditto the POP music industry.
Las Vegas promoted this substitute for the Lions eating the Christians, 40-50 years ago before everyone had TV and sports bars were popular.  Even the Olympic Games are corrupt.

"Winning isn't everything, it's the ONLY thing".  Vince Lombardi

So, doing our best is not good enough, right?

We idolize winners, but don't want to work that hard ourselves.

Perhaps a little introspection is in order here.    ;D

Friendly Old grouch, Bob

winner08

« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2008, 02:09:37 PM »

Big game tonight. Saint vs bears, at soldier field. Man it is going to be tough to beat the bears up there. I heard it will be freezing and maby snow. That's weird. the day the day of the game it snows down here. What a trip. Saints have to win in order to stay in the wild card hunt. The bears beat us in our sec. play off game in soldier field 2yrs ago. If we would have won we would be in the superbowl. Last yr in the last game the bears beat us again. It seems to be the Saints have a very hard time in the elements. They are great at home in the dome. If they cant get a win outdoors they will never be a superbowl team.

PS They already had 3 semis that jackknifed cause of the snow and ice on the roads. we def. don't know how to drive in this kind of weather.

winner08

« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2008, 01:46:36 PM »

well another sunday and its football time these are important games more so then some. Who's team is fighting for a playoff spot. who's in and who's out

My Saint are out well not totally I think everybody in my division has to loose the rest of their games for us to get in. anyway what about you?

musicman

« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2008, 08:10:31 PM »

From 1 and 15 tooooooooooooo 9 and 5.

You think they've shown improvement?

musicman

« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2008, 09:23:13 PM »

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssss!!

10 and 5 baby.

Who Let the Dogs Out!!!??

musicman

« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2008, 03:36:54 PM »

Again

Who?

Let? 

The dogs?

Out?

Who,,who,who,who??!!!

AAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

FFFFFFFFFffffffffffffffffff

CCCCCCCCccccccccccccccc

East

Champs!!!!!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 11:40:43 PM by musicman »

musicman

« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2008, 03:41:01 PM »

Wow, for a change, my Dolphins can control their own destiny by winning their last four games (Jet's r gonna kill us).  We have a solid chance against Buffalo because it's in a dome in Toronto and the Miami players won't be slipping and sliding all over snow (Jet's r gonna kill us).  Then we have sorry San Fran and KC and those we should win (Jet's r gonna kill us).  Well, I guess that about does it. . . . .oh, we are playing one more team the last week.  Yeah right, like we're gonna be denied the playoffs on the seasons last Sunday?  From 1-15 to division champs.  Dolphins rule!!  (I think Favre is gonna have a cold fish sandwich for lunch on that final Sunday.)

I wish to withdraw this the above post.  Santa gave us a great gift. .... ...well, he gave Favre a spastic throwing arm for the last few weeks.  Best wishes Brett, but I think it's time to ride into the sunset.

Hey Jet fans?  Where did we get our quarterback?  Would ya'll like your quarter. . . . . .back?!!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 11:43:57 PM by musicman »

daywalker

« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2008, 05:08:30 PM »

Wow, for a change, my Dolphins can control their own destiny by winning their last four games (Jet's r gonna kill us).  We have a solid chance against Buffalo because it's in a dome in Toronto and the Miami players won't be slipping and sliding all over snow (Jet's r gonna kill us).  Then we have sorry San Fran and KC and those we should win (Jet's r gonna kill us).  Well, I guess that about does it. . . . .oh, we are playing one more team the last week.  Yeah right, like we're gonna be denied the playoffs on the seasons last Sunday?  From 1-15 to division champs.  Dolphins rule!!  (I think Favre is gonna have a cold fish sandwich for lunch on that final Sunday.)

I wish to withdraw this the above post.  Santa gave us a great gift. .... ...well, he gave Favre a spastic throwing arm for the last few weeks.  Best wishes Brett, but I think it's time to ride into the sunset.

Hey Jet fans?  Where did we get our quarterback.  Would ya'll like your quarter. . . . . .back?!!

Lol. Well Brett should've never left his familia in Green Bay... Especially to go to (ewww) New York!?! (ewww)

Being a Packer fan, I had to cheer on Favre (especially since GB got eliminated like 5 weeks ago  :() But I think it's over, he needs to wrap it up and call it a career.

Well, Congrats to Miami for the biggest NFL turn-around in history ...

Congrats to San Diego (where I live) for getting some redemption on Denver, and making Referee Ed Hochuli that happiest person in America  ;D (everyone here is going crazy... 8-8 and first place? Go figure! Lol) ...

Congrats to the Eagles for dismantling the Cowboys and to Oakland for helping them out with a Xmas Miracle in Tampa ...

Congrats to Detroit for ... well... ummm... err... at least it's over right? ...  :D

Congrats to HOTLanta for getting out of the 'dog house' ...

Congrats to New England for becoming the first 11-5 team to NOT make it to the playoffs (I'm so sorry  :o) ...

And uh.. ok .. I'm done for now..

Over & Out,

Daywalker.

Beloved

« Reply #50 on: January 01, 2009, 12:04:36 PM »

I am going to watch the Rose Bowl today, My alma mater Penn State is playing and the 82 yr old coach Joe Paterno will be coaching them from the press box.

He is one heck of a coach...it is all about the team, his prime effort is directed at developing  the characters of these players. The teams have not suffered because of this ...

Since becoming the Penn State coach in 1966, Paterno's teams have a 383-126-3 record and a 23-10-1 mark in bowl games. The 383 wins and 23 bowl victories are the most in college football history

This guy is so gracious and unpretensious. I probably love him because he reminds me of my itlaian relatives.

beloved

musicman

« Reply #51 on: January 01, 2009, 11:57:59 PM »

Seriously!!  He's coaching from the press box.  You think it's time for him to move on?  I'm sure he has grand kids to play with.  Actually, he's probably got great grand kids to play with. 

Ninny

« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2009, 09:47:27 AM »

Is Paterno still coaching ??? Wow! I'm with Musicman, he needs to play with the grandkiddies! That is an amazing career.. :o

daywalker

« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2009, 12:21:31 PM »

Coach Paterno has probably got Great Grand kids in College!  ;)

Beloved

« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2009, 12:34:31 PM »

Penn State Lost . Paterno is a really nice man never the less.

beloved

EKnight

« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2009, 02:31:14 PM »

Go New York Giants!!!!  Oh wait, they don't have to play this weekend 'cause they're awesome!!!

See you at the superbowl folks!!!  :P

Eileen

musicman

« Reply #56 on: January 03, 2009, 03:09:41 PM »

If they don't shoot themselves.

Vangie

« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2009, 07:20:14 AM »

I heard an announcer for a college game say something about doing a Plaxico.   It's the term for "what a stupid move" I guess?! ;D ;D

Well, the Falcons are out--Phoenix beat them fair and square.  Atlanta kept drawing those penalty flags, plus got away with a couple the refs didn't even catch!  Good year for the players and coach though.

musicman

« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2009, 10:36:14 PM »

Oooohh, the pain.  The pain!!

EKnight

« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2009, 10:43:43 PM »

Gee Musicman, I wish i could say "I feel your pain" but I can't.   :)

Go Giants!!!!!!

Eileen
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 22 queries.