bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The God of Abraham and Jacob and his servant Jesus  (Read 5005 times)

eggi

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
The God of Abraham and Jacob and his servant Jesus
« on: November 03, 2008, 04:33:39 PM »

Hi all,

I'm doing a lenghty Bible study, and when reading in Acts 3 I stopped to this verse:

The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob-the God of our ancestors-has glorified his servant Jesus, whom you betrayed and rejected in the presence of Pilate, even though he had decided to let him go. (Acts 3:13)

We all know that Jesus was "before Abraham" and that He was "I am". I have a problem with the above verse. Did Christ glorify Himself? Was Christ His own servant? Could anyone direct me to an explanation for this? I feel blind as a bat!

God bless you,
Eirik
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

mharrell08

Re: The God of Abraham and Jacob and his servant Jesus
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 04:48:02 PM »

2 Pet 1:20

Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

Matt. 18:16

But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.

John 8:50

And I [Christ] seek not mine own glory: there is one that seeketh and judgeth

Hey Eirik,

This is speaking of the Father as it is the Father who glorifies Christ. Remember like Ray says, a statement of fact is not a statement of limitation. Take for example, 'All is of God'. Though we know all was created through Christ that still does not limit all (including Christ) being from the Father. Though Christ spoke to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob who did He speak for?

John 12

49  For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.

50  And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

Christ, the same yesterday , today, and tomorrow. He STILL does not speak of himself...only what the Father has him speak as it has been from the beginning.

Hope this helps,

Marques

« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 12:58:53 AM by mharrell08 »

eggi

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 05:19:56 PM »

Thank you so much Marques!

That cleared up all about that verse. Funny how I get stuck sometimes!

God bless you,
Eirik
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

mharrell08

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 05:23:15 PM »

Thank you so much Marques!

That cleared up all about that verse. Funny how I get stuck sometimes!

God bless you,
Eirik

No problem...that's why God has us all here for...edifying and uplifting.  :)

Marques

indianabob

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 08:21:48 PM »

Hey Marques,

Pretty good for a new guy.   ;D

Thanks for sharing your wisdom.

Bob

aqrinc

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2008, 11:38:04 PM »

Me too, thanks Marques.

george.

Heidi

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2008, 06:05:11 AM »

Me three, thanks Marques.... ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 22 queries.