bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 11 going on 30!  (Read 3713 times)

Ninny

11 going on 30!
« on: November 04, 2008, 12:26:42 AM »

Hi Everyone!
I just have to tell you about someone very special to me. His name is Justin and he is 11 years old going on 30! He's my oldest Grandson and he is one of those kids that you just don't come across very often. totally 11 years old, but with an older spirit!

He is just chomping at the bit to read the information on the BT site! I told him he has to wait for his parents to read it with him! They let me condense down part of the LOF for them over the summer. He has an 8 year old brother who is very smart, but who isn't as interested in the details as Justin is! (These boys are the older brothers of my little Grayson who had the brain tumor.)

He had heard somewhere that someone had lowered a microphone down into the earth and could hear screams coming from hell! He thought that was really dumb!
I told him," You know the mantle of the Earth is over 1500 miles thick, how do you suppose they could get a microphone down that far?" He shook his head and said,  "And if hell is as hot as they say then it would melt the microphone. I can't believe that people actually believe that stuff!" 

Well, what can I say? SOMEONE has to question STUPID science!! I think it will be very interesting when Justin is allowed to read all the stuff on Bible Truths! He goes to a Baptist School and already questions most of the stuff they teach, it won't be long before he will not be able to go there because he always says, "well, they believe like they believe, and I believe what I believe!" I'm wondering how much longer it will be before those beliefs really start to clash. His parents always tell him he has to obey God above all. He's a smart kid, but he has a tender heart he has a very sweet spirit. He knows his Bible and how to find anything he has questions about. I just pray that I am able to convey the things I have learned at Bible Truths to him and his family in such a way as to help them and not turn them away. So far they understand the truths I've shared with them. They now use their "tithe" money to help people in need. They understand that tithing is not scriptural for new testament believers. They have read a few other things that Ray has written but I just give them things in small bites! They are in agreement that NO one is burning in hell and that God will not burn anyone for all eternity. That's a good start! :D Well, that's all I have to say about that! ;)
Kathy :)

Marlene

Re: 11 going on 30!
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 01:20:56 AM »

Hi Kathy, That , is so awesome. Its wonderful he has you to teach him and Ray . I have a great grand nephew who comes and stays with me some. He is also, so sweet. He is 3. I hope as he gets older I can teach him. I have never had children , but I had been blessed to play a big part in many neices and now a great nephew.

In His Love,
Marlene

aqrinc

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 03:45:57 AM »

Those young ones, we allow them to grow with only enough guidance, to keep them out of trouble it is a
wonder to behold. We have a 3yr old and an 11 month old granddaughters, they are priceless joys for us 3
or 4 day per week. So smart both of them it is sometimes scary to imagine how far they can grow. Now
there you made me feel prideful. ;D

george.

Ninny

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 04:37:23 PM »

It's hard not be prideful, George when you look at your little ones! They so reflect what you want to be! They have a courage and spirit about them, I guess it's just their innocence. :) :D

ez2u

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 01:20:08 PM »

Kathy  it seems, at times, when children go through a crisis times as your grandson did they have new perspectives on life.

Ninny

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2008, 01:50:14 PM »

Oh yeah, I think we all do, you know? Life is so much dearer to me now that our baby has gone through the brain tumor his big brothers play with him more and pray for other kids who are sick and injured. It's amazing!

We have been praying for a little boy named Elijah who was in children's Hospital when Grayson was and he is still there going through chemo, but a little boy in the room next to Elijah passed away a couple of days ago from cancer and we all cried even though we didn't know that little boy. We continue to pray for Elijah even though he is not ours, but he is God's and my grandsons know this and remind us of this every day! We learned that Elijah has finished his first round of chemo and is going home today. My grandsons ask every day if we've heard from Elijah's parents! Justin keeps saying "I know that everything is going to be ok with Elijah."  kids have such open hearts! It just hurts so much when someone destroys their trust!
Depending on the Goodness of God!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 20 queries.