bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I don’t understand my vegetables.  (Read 5197 times)

Richard D

I don’t understand my vegetables.
« on: November 04, 2008, 06:32:31 PM »

I went to the grocery store yesterday and now I’m thinking about these peppers I had bought, you see I always buy green peppers unless I see the yellow or red peppers on sale then I buy those.

So I see this bin that have green peppers in them that are on sale for 1.29 a pound but they are mix in with yellow peppers and red peppers too so I get a hold of the produce guy and ask what’s up with the peppers in the bin, you know I’m talking about the different color peppers.

He tells me they are on sale but I asked him why are there red peppers and yellow peppers in the same bin. He tells me they are green peppers so I said why do some look yellow and others red, he had no answer.

Well I started to inspect the peppers and discovered the red peppers and the yellow peppers had some green on then. So I felt confident that when I got to the cashier if she tried to charge me for the price of red peppers or yellow peppers I would have shown her the green part of the peppers.

You know she rang up the peppers and sure enough they only cost 1.29 per pound. Now I’m thinking that all peppers start out by being green but some turn red and others yellow. I just wish they all cost the same amount as the green peppers. ???

Ninny

Re: I don’t understand my vegetables.
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 08:21:07 PM »

Hmmm. I can see your point! It must be a plot! You know a conspiracy! Everything is a conspiracy!
I'm not a conspiracy theorist, really I'm not!  ::)
I think they are trying to do something to our food... ;D
Kathy :)  ;D

Richard D

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 09:00:53 PM »

Ninny.

I was thinking we all been being taken advantage of. I understand the longer one leaves a pepper on the pepper plant it starts to turn red I’m not sure about the yellow ones although…LOL….. I’m not a farmer.

I see yellow peppers and red peppers around here as much as 3.99 a pound. I see they are selling a head of letters for 2.30 a head as of yesterday. >:(

In God’s love. Richard.

Longhorn

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 09:36:16 PM »

Richard,  I think old Longhorn might be able to help you out here.  Next time you see a Yellow pepper you need to ask the produce guy if he knows wether or not a hybrid Rhoad Island Red Tee-Teed on the second row of peppers facing the south.  Don't take no for an answer.  E-mail ASAP.

Love in Christ

Longhorn

Ninny

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 01:07:35 AM »

Longhorn!
a  hybrid Rhode Island Red? Facing South? Now that IS a conspiracy!! Ha! Are those chickens prejudiced? They Tee-Tee facing South? Oh man, I knew it!!  ;D >:( ;D Uh, by the way don't birds tee-tee & poop all in the same, you know motion?  ??? Well, I don't know much about birds! :P but I'm laughing! :D :D
Kathy :D

Ninny

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2008, 01:15:19 AM »

Oh, yeah Richard, lettuce $2.30 a head? That is worse than a conspiracy! That is highway robbery!! I get really angry when lettuce is a dollar a head! I mean iceberg lettuce isn't even that nutritious! It will cramp you up for 2 bucks? Fa-get about it! I'd rather eat frozen spinach! :P
Kathy :)

Richard D

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2008, 07:41:45 PM »

Hi Kathy.

I’m boycotting lettuce until the price drops I can still by green beans three cans for .99 cents. Just as long as I get my greens……………LOL.

In God’s Love. Richard.

Ninny

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2008, 11:43:10 PM »

I'm with ya on the green beans! They ain't all that tasty out of the can, but hey you can throw a little bacon in there and flavor it up a little! If I wasn't so lazy I'd plant a garden!  :P
Kathy ;D

Richard D

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2008, 07:04:26 PM »

I went back to save a lot today to pick up a few odds and ends and had notice the lettuces jumped from $ 2.30 to 2.99 cents but I did want to make a correction although, it was the price of romaine lettuces I was looking at.

That’s a .69 cent jump in two days but I did find a salad mix for 2.50 cents but it doesn’t use Romaine lettuce in the mix…………..LOL.

In Hid Love. Richard.

Ninny

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2008, 02:03:20 PM »

Where to you live, Richard? Now I do expect to pay more for romaine lettuce- but what? Do they think there's gold in them thar leaves  ??? How rude! 

Laughs!

Richard D

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2008, 07:16:53 PM »

Kathy.

I live in Massachusetts not far from Cape Code. I don’t know what Romaine lettuce cost where you live but where I live I’m in boycott mode…..LOL

Its not about the money Kathy it just seems like a rip off, you know, total greed to me.

In God’s Love. Richard.

Ninny

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2008, 11:53:04 PM »

What is up with that? You know they blame it on the price of fuel, but c'mon! I don't even know what lettuce sells for here. I live down here in south Alabama. I'm gonna check out the price of the stuff the very next time I go to the store. If it's that outrageous, I'll join your boycott!! The last time I looked fresh spinach was pretty cheap it makes a pretty good salad!

Well, when I find out I'll let you know! :D What happened to Longhorn? he left us right in the middle of this important topic!! No doubt he's researching the Rhode Island Red habits! ;D
Oh, yeah ya know I don't know how green a thumb you might have, but you could get you a pot (not the one in the bathroom) pour in some potting soil and throw some lettuce seeds in and when it starts to come up eat it! If you have a warm enough spot to put it you could really grow it!
Even if it's too late to grow your own lettuce-it sounds cool living near Cape Cod! :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 20 queries.