bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Blind can't see...  (Read 5544 times)

mharrell08

The Blind can't see...
« on: November 05, 2008, 05:08:23 PM »

I know the blind can't see but it is still absolutely amazing to witness firsthand.

I have never seen so many people happy as I have within the last 8-12 hours. But these same people when told that God Almighty, creator of the universe, who loves humanity so much he died for them; when told the true gospel, these same people absolutely spit on it! Utterly amazing!

Another fascinating observation: the same way all different people have been crying in the streets, whooping and hollering...is exactly how I and many of you here on the forum felt when God opened your eyes to the truth. Like Ray once said, "They have no idea what it is like to be blessed". [What is the Gospel of the Kingdom transcript].

Now anyone of us could have been still in the world, whooping it up and all that...I know...but it is STILL utterly amazing to witness so many people place their faith and trust in anyone or anything but God. I'm not trying to poo-poo the rest of humanity and all that just making an observation. As the children of Israel were strangers on the earth which was a type, I feel as a stranger as well...

Acts 13:17

The God of this people of Israel chose our fathers, and exalted the people when they dwelt as strangers in the land of Egypt, and with an high arm brought he them out of it.

Hebrews 11:13

These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

Marques

P.S.  I don't mean to be a damper or have an excess negative tone but it has really hits home that we are not of the world...because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world [John 17:14]

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: The Blind can't see...
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 05:38:27 PM »

Hi Marques,

I feel you.

I have had the opportunity many times today to say that NO earthly man is our Saviour.  I, naturally, feel caught up in the excitement of today, however, I continue to keep my "eye on the prize" and rejoice because I am being blessed with spiritual understanding and knowledge of God's word.  Now, that's something to get EXCITED about!! :D

René

Richard D

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 07:37:20 PM »

Hi Marques.

I’m seeing the same excitement out there as well but I’m thinking to myself that this is of God’s doing. Sometimes I feel that we who have the truth lock God up in a box, God is working out His purpose with everyone, believers as well as non believers.

No man becomes a king or president unless God says so and so we should be excited because of what we see our God doing. The difference for the believers is that we know who truly rules and we put our faith in Christ.

God put Obama in office by His decree, we can be confident that God is working out His purpose and what a beautiful thing to watch. When God is ready for all their shouts he will get them. For every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess Christ is Lord.  :)

In God’s Love. Richard.

aqrinc

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 08:17:35 PM »

Amen to that,

I used to be one of the happy ones when my Elephants won and sad when they lost. Now it is
just another step in the direction God has me going. Knowing just the little bit that has been
understood by me now, it seems so hollow to get caught up in the world.

Recently i have been having quite a bit of chastening done to me, so i know that God is Working
His Will in my daily life. One thing i can say, chastening hurts and severe chastening really hurts
even more but; now i know that God Cares that is why He chastens.

In Obedience and Love,

george.

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 09:03:03 PM »

I understand how you feel Marques,
Temptation is all around to be caught up in the excitement.
To be caught up in what it means.
To move with the crowd.
To smile back as if we agree.
To believe that real change is going to come.
All lies my friend!
We all here know real change is through the work of our lord and true and only savior!!
What an amazing thing it would be if people shouted in the streets because of the truth.

Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

mharrell08

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2008, 10:24:38 PM »

Thank you all for your replies but this is not so much about politics. Politics is just one of many idols of the heart that people continue to worship.

The emphasis was not about who's in office...it's about how people place so much faith and trust in any one person but reject the gospel. That is why I stated I feel as a stranger in a heathen land. All these nations on this earth reject the true gospel and follow their many idols of the heart.

This is not about putting God in a box...it's about how people 'think' they can put God outside of their own box. We all know all is of God...but that does not change the fact that Satan is the head of the nations. Was Christ lying when He stated His kingdom is not of this world? Or when He stated that WE were not of this world?

I get excited as God draws me closer to Him...as well as my brothers and sisters here on the forum. A leader who does not worship the truth and follow after Christ does not excite me in the least. That's why I will always continue to feel as a stranger looking afar off for the promised land. That's where Christ is leading his spiritual Israel...not to continue to wallow in Egypt.

Thanks,

Marques

aqrinc

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2008, 11:04:08 PM »

Marques,

I thought that is exactly what you were saying Brother and totally agree, i am on The Christ
Train heading off to Spiritual Israel.

george.

Marlene

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2008, 01:55:06 AM »

Marques, I  so agree with you. I just feel like I don't belong here. I am sure God has a plan in his selection. But, we as his children should know that world is not
ever perfectly happy. It still has sin and it still has trials and we still die. To me it is much like the let down I use to have after Christmas. Its all an illusion.

I am just so happy to have friends to fellowship with on here. I feel like a stranger in my home. All, I can say we can thank God when he chastens us.
Besides not having it so good can keep us close.

In His Love, Marlene

cherokee

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2008, 08:59:57 AM »

Hey Marques,

I can relate to feeling like a stranger in a strange land.
Have felt that way most of my life.

Suzie

Richard D

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2008, 02:00:31 PM »

Marques.

I apologize as I don’t always convey my thoughts properly but my meaning about putting God into a box is this. Before God called me I believed in God as the world does without the truth of God because the ability to see God’s truth was not in me.

I never had anything to do with choosing Christ, he chose me, I accept God’s truth because He has open my eyes to it and I really had no chose here either as God has made it as clear as day to me.

Now I believe in God with His undeniable truth but this is God’s doing not my doing. So when we encounter people that don’t except God’s truth we find it amazing but what I find amazing is that I believe the truth. It was right there in my face all along but I never saw it. I now wonder how I ever believe that God actually sends people to hell.

It’s not a person’s fault they do not believe, its God’s doing. I talk to some people about God’s truth and they look at me like I’m out of my mind or way off course. You know, they feel people are wicked and evil and God just has to torture these people forever.

So we who know the truth should not be surprised or shocked or even amazed that people don’t except the truth but if we are surprised or shocked or amazed that is to deny God’s truth that He is not calling the whole world at this time.

So when I see people cheering for their favorite football hero or screaming over some rock star I expect that. When I hear people speaking evil of God or don’t believe in God or reject the truths of God I’m not surprise at all, I’m not even shocked, its God’s purpose.

But if I become shocked or amazed am I not in contempt of God’s truth? I guess that is what I mean about putting God into a box.

But that’s just where I’m at with my walk with God right now. The truth is, the more I understand about God’s truth the more I understand God’s love for humanity.

Let’s face it, if God wanted to open everyone’s eyes now, everyone would accept God’s truth and no one would place their trust in any man or women but only in God.

The wonderful truth and Good news is that one day God will open everyone’s eyes and save all people.

In God’s love. Richard.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 02:01:51 PM by Richard D »

mharrell08

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2008, 02:38:00 PM »

But if I become shocked or amazed am I not in contempt of God’s truth? I guess that is what I mean about putting God into a box.

No.

A sunset is amazing but for one to feel that way is not implying that the sun's radiance and awesomeness is greater than God. Being amazed at God's work has nothing to do with having contempt for the truth. The apostles were shocked and amazed when Christ resurrected...does that mean they had contempt at that very moment for the truth? Were they upset that Christ resurrected and was standing before them?

John 12:25  He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.

Matt. 6:24  No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other.

Despising the carnality in life and hating that which is not of God is NOT showing contempt for God's plan. Was it not part of God's plan to have merchants buying and selling in the temple? Did Christ not know his own's Father's plan? Did not Christ overthrow the merchant's tables? Was Christ showing contempt for the plans of God?

This post was not about hating the sinner but the sin itself.

Marques
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 04:35:53 PM by mharrell08 »

Richard D

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2008, 05:18:07 PM »

Marques.

You brought out some great points in your arguments for me to think about. Like I said, it’s where I’m at right now. Understand, I went from believing lies about God to coming into the truth about God and then getting angry at those who won’t believe the truth about God to just being mellow in the Lord right now.

Nothing in this life surprises me, maybe God is just getting me to except I’m not in control and I don’t have control over anyone not even myself as my life was written out before I was born.

I find with God I take two steps forward then one step backwards, I see myself as righteous and then realize I’m a sinner in transitions.

I guess what I’m saying is that I except what people do knowing its God’s purpose and therefore I don’t get excited over much these days but only because I understand why people do what they do where as before I believed we all had free will and so I passed judgment on people as if they could control themselves.

Maybe I misunderstood your thread but I’m thankful I did because you have given me some great prespectives I had not weighed out before.

Thanks Marques,                     In God’s love. Richard.

mharrell08

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2008, 05:24:05 PM »

No arguments intended Richard...a lot gets lost in translation with only a forum for communication instead of face 2 face time. You had valid points yourself...good discussing with you.  :)

Marques
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 23 queries.