bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Funny and True  (Read 5736 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead

Ninny

Re: Funny and True
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 12:50:27 PM »

Oh Craig! That was too funny! Can you imagine? I could relate to the wires and the outlets, yep!

I always ask my husband "Now how do I turn on the DVD player?" Ha! Well he's got it all wired in with the surround sound and the satellite dish and all the controllers  are confusing! I like things simple! Gone forever are the days when you just turn the tv on and there it is!
It's sad and funny old folks just don't always understand technology!! I don't think I'm elderly yet, but sometimes I do feel a bit "outmoded"! >:( :(

I had an elderly uncle whose battery died in his hearing aid so instead of asking for help he just stuck the battery in his ear! He had to go to the ER to get it removed! I have never forgotten that it was back in the 60's. I always feel bad when people give old folks a hard time. :'(
I do give three cheers for the lady in that video I'd says she's trying to keep up! :D
Kathy :)

Longhorn

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 01:20:11 PM »

If Yall knew how to apply aluminum foil on the rabbit ears, yall wounld't be bothered by all those technical problems.  Turn the antenna 20 degrease to the right, and stick your right leg towards the ice chest while humming the theme song of All in the Family, and im pretty sure channel 54 will come in clear as a bell.  P.S.  Who's the stupid Idiot that came up with the term, Clear as a Bell.  I'll be thinking about that and get back later when I have the correct answer.

Love in Christ

Longhorn

indianabob

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2008, 05:16:12 PM »

Pure as the sound of a bell; also, readily understood. For example, Did you understand the message I left you?--Yes, clear as a bell. This simile, which alludes to the bell's clarity owing to lack of overtones, was already a proverb in John Ray's English Proverbs (1670).

If Yall knew how to apply aluminum foil on the rabbit ears, yall wounld't be bothered by all those technical problems.  Turn the antenna 20 degrease to the right, and stick your right leg towards the ice chest while humming the theme song of All in the Family, and im pretty sure channel 54 will come in clear as a bell.  P.S.  Who's the stupid Idiot that came up with the term, Clear as a Bell.  I'll be thinking about that and get back later when I have the correct answer.

Love in Christ

Longhorn

Beloved

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2008, 07:33:30 PM »

Love it Craig and enjoyed the other clip she did, Mae Mcain...like the where's the beef lady...gets you right there.

This belongs on my Idiot thread...I do not have dish or cable and have not gotten my box yet and dread it when I do.....

Is Hulu a You tube copy cat

beloved

Samarnon

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2008, 11:37:38 PM »

"We're sorry, currently our video library can only be streamed within the United States". ;D

Sorry for us who does not live in the US. :(

cjwood

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2008, 02:50:30 AM »

Oh Craig! That was too funny! Can you imagine? I could relate to the wires and the outlets, yep!

I always ask my husband "Now how do I turn on the DVD player?" Ha! Well he's got it all wired in with the surround sound and the satellite dish and all the controllers  are confusing! I like things simple! Gone forever are the days when you just turn the tv on and there it is!
It's sad and funny old folks just don't always understand technology!! I don't think I'm elderly yet, but sometimes I do feel a bit "outmoded"! >:( :(

I had an elderly uncle whose battery died in his hearing aid so instead of asking for help he just stuck the battery in his ear! He had to go to the ER to get it removed! I have never forgotten that it was back in the 60's. I always feel bad when people give old folks a hard time. :'(
I do give three cheers for the lady in that video I'd says she's trying to keep up! :D
Kathy :)

kathy,
the story about your elderly uncle was as funny as the video of the little old lady. i can imagine the er staffs' reaction.

claudia
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 22 queries.