bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Where are they now?  (Read 15429 times)

Amrhrasach

Where are they now?
« on: November 06, 2008, 01:33:34 PM »

Some of you may, or may not, spend a lot of time reading old posts.  I do.  There is a wealth of information and many, many views are shared.  Some of the old posts do, and some do not, agree with Ray’s teachings or questions are posed in order to clarify points that Ray is teaching.  Normally, however, it’s all good.  One thing has struck me rather oddly and makes me very curious.  I see many, many forum member names that are no longer posting.   Some of these folks are very intellectual and their posts prove that they have studied Ray’s teachings to a very in-depth level having taken them to heart and habit, or so it seems. 

It makes me wonder why those forum members are no longer seen posting.   

Faith loss? 

Returned to the church system?  (I personally can’t see myself being induced into the “church” system again.  But, I never say “never” any longer knowing that God does work in strange ways.)

Loss of interest as a result of posts that dwell on the personal and do not offer viable information to growth?

Did God *blind* them (for a time) in their walk?  Is that possible?

Have they just simply chosen to be *readers of forum* now and have no interest in posting?  (I normally see a lot of “guests” on the forum.)

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Where are they now?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 01:52:22 PM »

All of the above, plus, someone insulted them (too much pride), they found one point they could not agree with (baby out with the bath water), the walk was too hard (couldn't overcome, so just quit), or they were permanently banned (they were never one of us to begin with).

Kat

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 03:10:35 PM »

There are several parables that deal with this.

The Parable of the Sower

Mark 4:1 And again He began to teach by the sea. And a great multitude was gathered to Him, so that He got into a boat and sat in it on the sea; and the whole multitude was on the land facing the sea.
v. 2  Then He taught them many things by parables, and said to them in His teaching:
v. 3  "Listen! Behold, a sower went out to sow.
v. 4  And it happened, as he sowed, that some seed fell by the wayside; and the birds of the air came and devoured it.
v. 5  Some fell on stony ground, where it did not have much earth; and immediately it sprang up because it had no depth of earth.
v. 6  But when the sun was up it was scorched, and because it had no root it withered away.
v. 7  And some seed fell among thorns; and the thorns grew up and choked it, and it yielded no crop.
v. 8  But other seed fell on good ground and yielded a crop that sprang up, increased and produced: some thirtyfold, some sixty, and some a hundred."
v. 9  And He said to them, "He who has ears to hear, let him hear!"

The Parable of the Wheat and the Tares

Mat 13:24  Another parable He put forth to them, saying: "The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field;
v. 25  but while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat and went his way.
v. 26  But when the grain had sprouted and produced a crop, then the tares also appeared.
v. 27  So the servants of the owner came and said to him, "Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have tares?'
v. 28  He said to them, "An enemy has done this.' The servants said to him, "Do you want us then to go and gather them up?'
v. 29  But he said, "No, lest while you gather up the tares you also uproot the wheat with them.
v. 30  Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, "First gather together the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn.""'

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Craig

• There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 03:55:45 PM »

Some do not like the restrictions on topics and keeping things centered on the teachings of Ray.  Even though they agree with this when they join. ::)

They can't understand or are too hard headed to realize that we know Ray does not have the answer to all questions, that is why we limit discussion to the ones he has covered.  A person can belong here and not agree with everything or anything, we just ask they keep this between themselves and God.

Some have quit and join other forums and spend their time talking about how those of us here are unloving and puppets of Ray.  The hate they spew forth in their posts on other forums and emails they send to me are very revealing to their character.  I find many of these to be very tortured souls, who face hardship after hardship after hardship.  Even though they won't believe it they are remembered in prayer.

Craig
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 10:30:37 PM by Craig »

Martinez

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 04:28:44 PM »

Just because they are not here does not mean that they are a dead loss.
God is sovereign and He has every individual where He wants them at this time, for good or for evil.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008, 05:20:02 PM »

Also, if a member does not visit at least once in any three month time frame, they are automatically dropped.

Other forums do not do this. If we did the same as other forums we would show thousands of active members and all those names you see would still be active.

Martinez

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2008, 05:33:07 PM »

Man, that bath thing is the grossest thing I have ever heard!

Even if I miss one shower I feel completely disgusting.

:o

Craig

• There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2008, 06:09:17 PM »

Also, if a member does not visit at least once in any three month time frame, they are automatically dropped.

Thanks Dennis, I should have said that is what happens to the majority of the members.  Many times they will rejoin.

Craig

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2008, 06:12:29 PM »

Man, that bath thing is the grossest thing I have ever heard!

Even if I miss one shower I feel completely disgusting.

:o

Yea, me too. If I miss my monthly shower the cat wont play with me anymore.

Longhorn

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2008, 06:48:04 PM »

My Mom threw me out of a wash tub, landed straight on my head, at least that's what her cosmatoligist-psychologist-aroma therapist-professional snake handler told me years later, you know, when I was able to comprehend.  Ray's teachings have made those lost years less painfull. Gotta go, rabbits got out of there cage, one's heading to Lula's next door, and the other is hauling tail towards the RR tracks.  Gonna be a busy night.

Love in Christ

Longhorn

Marlene

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2008, 08:30:53 PM »

Hello, I am fairly new to here. I had read Ray's articles for almost a year before joining. I wanted it for fellowship with people who believe like me. My husband treats me fine over how I believe now. He really doesn't miss church. He doesnt
like to type cause he doesnt do it so well. The other night I saw the pink hair lady on tv as I switched channels and he said"Good Lord Who Is That." They were acting crazy that night and he said"That sure is not a good example."

Christmas has always been so big to His Family not as much for mine. Not sure how he is feeling. Though, his work has a Christmas Party no Drink because his boss is of

christian faith. Not, sure how I should handle that, being that is about all they do for them each year. He is one of the most faithful workers I have ever known he only missed once in 17 years for a snow storm and when they rushed me to the hospital. He won't care so much about the decorating because he is so busy, because he is a Baker. He has been in the field for years. He loves to work with all kinds of foods. If, he doesnt go to the party they do not get there gift. He could get extra week vacation and money, so that would be hard for me to not want him to go being he earned it. Plus, he likes me to go.

But, being off topic. It is very hard on people who believe, like this and when you live with someone not real certain what you are teaching. I know I feel really out of place sometimes cause you all find scriptures and I am still learning. But, I don't have no pride about it I want to learn and I mark all my scriptures in my Bible and now am using different Bibles and such.  I am very happy that I have someone to ask things, when I am not sure. So, I love that. I am learning all over. Some things I believed right while in Babylon, but kept my mouth shut there. All, I can say is I pray now that I believe like this God will enable me to follow through with it. It has saved my life as far as I am concerned.

In His Love,
Marlene

digitalwise

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2008, 09:24:17 PM »

All of the above, plus, someone insulted them (too much pride), they found one point they could not agree with (baby out with the bath water), the walk was too hard (couldn't overcome, so just quit), or they were permanently banned (they were never one of us to begin with).

NOT true of me ..too many commitments back home in Aussie with my own web site and congregation.

A bit of too many generalisations Dennis. Yes we spell with "s" and not a "z".

digitalwise

dewey

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2008, 09:30:34 PM »

Hi there A,
   Just had to put my thoughts in on this one.  I sure hope that none of the things that I say are offfensive to you or any one reading them.  I have to say that there are many reasons why people are not posting in the quantity that you think they should.  Just to name a few,
 1.  there are many people on this fourm that just pm each other back and forth
 2.  there are many people that e-mail back and forth
 3.  there are many people that have to go to work every day and don't have time to post
 4.  there are many that are tired of posting all the time, and would rather sit back and read all the things that other people post
 5.   maybe some believe that God will tell them to post when He wants them to
 6.   and what was that scripture about idol talk -  meaning when someone really doesn't have anything to say? or maybe asking a question that they know that man cannot answer, at least spiritually.

So, my brothers and sisters,  just because we, followers of Christ, are not posting all the time, does not mean that we/they have left the teachings that L. RAY. SMITH has put so much of his life into.  
I cannot imagine anyone going back to church after reading Ray's teachings about God, even though it can happen if it be the Father's will.  If it is not the Father's will, that person will not be able to come back to the truth; and therefore what ressurection will he be in?  Please reply, A.

Here are a few scriptures to ponder:

Eph 4:29 Benefit Those Who Listen
      James 1:19 Quick to listen
      1 John 4:6  Listen to us
      Psalms 46:10 Be Still
      Mark 4:39 Be Still

Just read all these scriptures, A, and think about them; and see if there is any kind of a spiritual meaning that comes to you.  I would love to tell you what my scriptural meaning is, but I can't and won't.  Otherwise, uhhhh, never mind.

A, here is your answer to the question "Did God blind them......Is that possible?"

All I have to say is that history has it Jesus slapped Paul with a beam of light and he didn't see for 3 days.  After that, he went into the desert for 15 years and was taught by the Holy Spirit and when he came back he was preaching Jesus Christ, Saviour of all men.  HALLELUJAH!!!

Hey, folks, Paula and I love each and every one of ya and we say that freely because tomorrow we may never get to tell you again.

love y'ans

Dewey & Paula

goin' out on a limb for Jesus; why?  'cause that's where the fruit's at

P.S.   One of the most intelligent things I've seen on this post was by Martinez.  He says, "Just because they are not here does not mean that they are dead loss.  God is sovereign and He has every individual where He wants them at this time, for good or for evil.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 09:40:03 PM by dewey »

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2008, 08:28:12 AM »

NOT true of me ..too many commitments back home in Aussie with my own web site and congregation.

digitalwise

What would you prefer digitalwise? Actual names and events?

Pretty hard not to speak in generalities when you are talking about thousands of individuals.

joyful1

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2008, 12:05:04 PM »

The freedom afforded me by discovering that God will save all men has also brought me to the place in my life that I don't have to "worry" all the time about the details of "daily living" including whether or not I've "responded" enough on this forum. I did go elsewhere recently to discuss a subject that was not being discussed here. My conclusions of this quest were congruent with Ray's teaching, but I didn't "report" it here because I understood that this particular topic was not to be discussed here, that's all.  ???

This is a HUGE forum now, in both membership and posted comments. I look at it as a field, a planting that Ray started years ago now. The field has several "crops" of topics, each one producing fruit of various yield. If a person had a "general" question about almost every major "topic" in life, most likely, they could find a discussion about what Ray and various forum members think about it by simply doing a search.

It's got to be exhausting to Ray on some days to go on and on about the same thing in his response to the many emails he receives, especially now with his routine to maintain his health. And I see the forum "oldies" as doing the same. I get tired too, its just human. But if I see someone post a particularly stressed out request for information that I may have an opinion on, I do respond, God willing. We cannot be in total agreement with eachother on every single topic until we are ALL gathered unto The Lord and "fitted together" in oneness with Him. So, in spite of minor disagreements, I like visiting here and listening and learning. I am a work in progress, a student of the Word.

The "freedom" to come and go here proves that it is NOT a cult. In my opinion, Ray respects the freedom of an individual to experience whatever God has in store for them personally. He would not become subject to anyone or any institution, but lovingly offered what God taught him to others. I think most everyone here does the same, in my opinion.

As well, absence from "the body" of believers here, sometimes, IMHO, is simply taking more time to be "present" with the Lord. I am not trying to misuse Scripture here, I'm simply being "me" in wording it that way.  :)

My best to all!
Joyce :)

Marlene

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2008, 08:37:35 PM »

Hello, I am just glad as a new person to have the support of others. Yes, I am well aware Ray is ill. I do not care if he would answer an email of mine or not. I suffer with many illnesses every day, but I love knowing I have people to uplift me in prayers. Having someone to love you and know you have others like you helps you to get through a day. I know I love my time with the Lord it is what really keeps me close.

In His Love,
Marlene

hammerandnails

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2008, 08:58:46 PM »

Dear Mr. Vogel, Craig and Kat

I am new to the forum, and as you know, I runed in some trouble already.

But if you can bear with me, I have a some questions:

In which way your comments supposed to edify me, a babe in the true church?
What am I supposed to think about this forum as I read this thread?
In which light I am to look at Ray's teachings if his disciples talk like that?
What I have to look forward to if I don't post correctly or I disagree?
How will I be categorized after this post?

Furthermore,
I thought that you said that the threads are specifically for discussing Ray's teaching.
What happened to that?

How this comments bring honor to God?

I will respectfully await your response.
Please forgive if I speak as a fool, but these are issues of great importance for
me.
I work my salvation with fear and trembling, and I look up to you as a big brother and sister for direction,
and if we are suppose to imitate our elders, which portion of your conduct am I to imitate?

Your humble servant, in the presence of Christ,
Ariel

digitalwise

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2008, 09:11:04 PM »

digitalwise

Pretty hard not to speak in generalities when you are talking about thousands of individuals.

Hi Dennis,

I thank you for firstly for your even handedness on this forum and your fairness. For me it shows the true fruits of the spirit. There is polarisation of Christain beliefs for sure. I have seen this particually in your country.

The statement: "Not one of us" - may well be true [even in the thousands] and personally I can only watch on in dismay sometimes at the state of extremism in the fundamentalist churches in the States. This spills over into the forum at times. I have no doubts and illusions about that. You do a fine job along with others in keeping the balance. Perhaps this is are not the best wording, "not one of us" in the light of simular words said politically and in extremist churches.

Striking a balance is the wisdom of Solomon. We are "called out" to be different.

I also pray things will settle down nationally and your newly elected president by the will of God can go about his calling with freedom as God intends without some religious nut case doing something stupid. May your nation be blessed and fulfill its own unique calling in the purposes of God.

As I said before I do not have much time on hands to post but I do drop in read with interest the many fine posters you have on this forum.

I do pray God's wisdom on your life and fulfilling your own destiny as God intends for you,

digitalwise

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2008, 09:52:03 PM »

digitalwise

Hi Dennis,

I thank you for firstly for your even handedness on this forum and your fairness. For me it shows the true fruits of the spirit. There is polarisation of Christain beliefs for sure. I have seen this particually in your country.

The statement: "Not one of us" - may well be true [even in the thousands] and personally I can only watch on in dismay sometimes at the state of extremism in the fundamentalist churches in the States. This spills over into the forum at times. I have no doubts and illusions about that. You do a fine job along with others in keeping the balance. Perhaps this is are not the best wording, "not one of us" in the light of simular words said politically and in extremist churches.

Striking a balance is the wisdom of Solomon. We are "called out" to be different.

I also pray things will settle down nationally and your newly elected president by the will of God can go about his calling with freedom as God intends without some religious nut case doing something stupid. May your nation be blessed and fulfill its own unique calling in the purposes of God.

As I said before I do not have much time on hands to post but I do drop in read with interest the many fine posters you have on this forum.

I do pray God's wisdom on your life and fulfilling your own destiny as God intends for you,

digitalwise

1Jn 2:19  They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2008, 10:06:19 PM »

Dear Mr. Vogel, Craig and Kat

I am new to the forum, and as you know, I runed in some trouble already.

But if you can bear with me, I have a some questions:

In which way your comments supposed to edify me, a babe in the true church?
What am I supposed to think about this forum as I read this thread?
In which light I am to look at Ray's teachings if his disciples talk like that?
What I have to look forward to if I don't post correctly or I disagree?
How will I be categorized after this post?

Furthermore,
I thought that you said that the threads are specifically for discussing Ray's teaching.
What happened to that?

How this comments bring honor to God?

I will respectfully await your response.
Please forgive if I speak as a fool, but these are issues of great importance for
me.
I work my salvation with fear and trembling, and I look up to you as a big brother and sister for direction,
and if we are suppose to imitate our elders, which portion of your conduct am I to imitate?

Your humble servant, in the presence of Christ,
Ariel

Ariel,

How you are edified is between you and God. The moderators are here to keep this forum civil.

Php 2:3  Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.

Dennis

« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 10:07:33 PM by Dennis Vogel »
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 19 queries.