bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where are they now?  (Read 16450 times)

Kat

Re: Where are they now?
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2008, 11:40:08 PM »

Hi Ariel,

The answers you get on this forum are from many different perspectives and you take them all together or one answer may speak to you more than another. 
But the question of this thread was, Where are they now?  In the parables we can see that very 'few' continue on to be faithful to the end.  Instead of this being a discouragement, it should spur you on to stay in the race.

1Co 9:24  Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain it.

Also I this question seems to be asking can we lose the Holy Spirit once it is given.  As the parable of the sower indicates that all that receive the truth do NOT stick with it.  This does address what happens to some and with that is mind in March '08 Ray had a Bible study 'CAN WE LOSE GOD’S SPIRIT AND EONIAN LIFE?'  Is “once saved always saved” - Scripturally true or false?  And what does it matter? Are not all saved ‘anyway’? 
Here is an excerpt from the transcript.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,7047.0.html -----

1 John 3:15  Whosoever hates his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal (eonian or age lasting) life abiding (the Greek is “staying or “REMAINING”)  in him.

So the Greek is staying or remaining.  Now if you just read that without all the background that I’m giving you, then you get the feeling that, well he won't be given God’s abiding life.  No, he already has it.  The only way something cannot stay in you or not remain in you, is if it’s in you.  Do you follow that?  It’s in you. 

He’s not talking to Barbarians here or infidels, he’s talking to the congregation who have the spirit of God.  But he says if you hate your brother the spirit of God will no longer stay with you, it will no longer be in you.  If the Spirit of God is not in you, you are no longer His.  Then you are going to the judgment.  That’s just how simple that is.  All through these Scriptures if you read carefully, maybe it doesn’t have it just like this, but this is just a poor translation.  But if you read Concordant and Rotherham and all, they will tell you to ‘stay’ - ‘remain.’  It means to remain, but it won’t remain.  You see it’s there, but it’s coming out. 
----------------------------------------------------------------------

There are so 'few' that even accept this truth in the first place, but this is not a guarantee of the first resurrection.  So we need to strive to be one of the faithful that do make it to the end. 
Here are a few emails that Ray expresses, the chosen are the very few.

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2931.0.html --------

[1]  I am not "MANY" but one person. I have a staff of ONE--my Web Master.
[2]  I know of no one who is teaching what I teach on the worldwide web.
[3]  I assure you that not MANY follow my teachings.  MANY read our site, but very very FEW live by it.  There are so few in fact, that if I had a dollar for everyone who has read our site and then turned to God and accepted Jesus as the Saviour of their wretched carnal selves, and began living godly, and righteously, and forsaking the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the pride of life....if I had a dollar for every one of them, it would not be enough to pay my utility bills for one month.

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2059.0.html -----------

Those whom God has foreordained to be the elect will always be the elect. The chosen elect cannot be lost.  But you and I do not know exactly who is and who isn't an elect. Only God's knows those who are His, and therefore, we can never let down our guard, because we might only think that we are elect.  I have seen and witnessed this with my own eyes where those who appeared to be elect, turned and now blaspheme the name of the Saviour they claimed to worship a short while back.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,7390.0.html --------

Mat 7:13 "Enter through the cramped gate, for broad is the gate and spacious is the way which is leading away into destruction, and many are those entering through it.  Yet what a cramped gate and narrowed way is the one leading away into life, and few are those who are finding it."

I quoted it from the Concordant Literal New Testament so as to get the tense proper. Notice that it is the broad way that the many "are entering."  This is still going on, and it is through the narrowed way that "few are finding." This is nothing more than Jesus' statement that "many are called but few are chosen." But this pertains to this life only. In Judgment all will be judged as God's "House of God" is BEING judged NOW (See I Pet.4:17; I Cor. 11:31-32, etc.).
---------------------------------------------------------------

I hope this is helpful and not discouraging.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 09:54:13 AM by Kat »

digitalwise

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2008, 04:00:45 AM »

Kat I disagree. God's called ones are not of only just Ray's beliefs. They embrace the truth of God's Word as well as they can, including fellow Australians who know God's way and believe in him as well as you do.

There are NOT one apostle, not one teacher, not one pastor, not one prophet and not one evangelist. There are many serving God faithfully throughout all our nations, all our peoples, all our tongues, all our races - all CALLED by God and respond to that call.

Dennis the verse:

1Jn 2:18  Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

1Jn 2:19  They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

1Jn 2:20  But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.

1Jn 2:21  I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.

1Jn 2:22  Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

digitalwise

Martinez

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2008, 04:45:56 AM »

HMmmm?

Maybe it's worth taking a closer look at that "denying the Father and the Son" statement.

What exactly does the spiritual meaning of "denying" mean?

digitalwise

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2008, 06:22:27 AM »

HMmmm?

Maybe it's worth taking a closer look at that "denying the Father and the Son" statement.

What exactly does the spiritual meaning of "denying" mean?

My understanding is simple:

A Father begats a son. God overshadowed Mary the mother of God and Jesus was conceived. The seed of God came into the world and the world could not comprehend or know him.

Real antichrist's deny Jesus came in the flesh of a human and dwelt with men. The incarnation of Christ is NOT just spiritual but travervses the natural element of our existence and that of God as Spirit taking on humanness. Real antichrist's deny the uniqueness of the ONE. Real antichrist's tell of another way to God. Real antichrist's would have you attempting salvation without a judgement seat for all humanity.

And the greatest of these is the reality that human flesh of man now is in heaven for the body never saw  corruption [decay].

Likewise we as believers are linked to this humanity [hence promise of resurrection]. The scenes in Revelation depict a Lamb before the throne. We all know what that symbolic lamb is if we do not then we are of antichrist and its spirit.

digitalwise

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2008, 09:35:24 AM »

Digitalwise, you are lacking some basic understanding of what we believe and understand (the antichrist for one). This forum is for those with a like mind.

I want you to actually read the lake of fire series for the next month. In the meantime you'll need to take a break from this forum.

Dennis
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 09:44:04 AM by Dennis Vogel »

hillsbororiver

« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2008, 11:04:20 AM »

The freedom afforded me by discovering that God will save all men has also brought me to the place in my life that I don't have to "worry" all the time about the details of "daily living" including whether or not I've "responded" enough on this forum. I did go elsewhere recently to discuss a subject that was not being discussed here. My conclusions of this quest were congruent with Ray's teaching, but I didn't "report" it here because I understood that this particular topic was not to be discussed here, that's all.  ???

This is a HUGE forum now, in both membership and posted comments. I look at it as a field, a planting that Ray started years ago now. The field has several "crops" of topics, each one producing fruit of various yield. If a person had a "general" question about almost every major "topic" in life, most likely, they could find a discussion about what Ray and various forum members think about it by simply doing a search.

It's got to be exhausting to Ray on some days to go on and on about the same thing in his response to the many emails he receives, especially now with his routine to maintain his health. And I see the forum "oldies" as doing the same. I get tired too, its just human. But if I see someone post a particularly stressed out request for information that I may have an opinion on, I do respond, God willing. We cannot be in total agreement with eachother on every single topic until we are ALL gathered unto The Lord and "fitted together" in oneness with Him. So, in spite of minor disagreements, I like visiting here and listening and learning. I am a work in progress, a student of the Word.

The "freedom" to come and go here proves that it is NOT a cult. In my opinion, Ray respects the freedom of an individual to experience whatever God has in store for them personally. He would not become subject to anyone or any institution, but lovingly offered what God taught him to others. I think most everyone here does the same, in my opinion.

As well, absence from "the body" of believers here, sometimes, IMHO, is simply taking more time to be "present" with the Lord. I am not trying to misuse Scripture here, I'm simply being "me" in wording it that way.  :)

My best to all!
Joyce :)

Hi Joyce,

Your response got my attention as it really summarized my present state of mind in many respects, as one who has posted over 3000 times and started hundreds of threads my participation (especially in writing anything) has been minimal lately. I have been content to read and observe the interactions here and how moderators and members respond to the constant barrage of questions and even accusations being presented here daily.

In the approximate 3 and a half years I have been a member I have seen remarkably similar activity repeated over and over and I have responded often until lately as I must admit to a certain weariness when I perceive people are attempting to gorge themselves with knowledge but seem to spend little time chewing, swallowing and digesting (meditating on) what has been presented to them and then jump right into something else often in the very same thread!

It takes very little time for me to recognize when people join here without doing much reading of the articles, I used to respond to these questions (or statements) repeatedly but after a while it was like giving your friend the answers to a test so they did not have to study themselves, it may not be the best analogy but it is as close to my point as I can get, the pattern I have witnessed consistantly is if people are not going to read the articles with an open bible and an open mind but are content to receive sound bites, opinions and the Readers Digest version then they are very likely not going to be here very long, they will be off in search of some new thing somewhere else soon enough.

The other thing I have been observing is how the other Mods and some members patiently handle the accusations from some newer members (another consistant pattern) of being terse, or unloving or whatever as they themselves are being sarcastic, terse and unloving, a fascinating thing to behold for sure. To me it is like inviting someone into your home and they immediately complain about the color combinations, the furniture the bland food, etc. It would be more prudent to take the time to know and seek to understand before making unsolicited suggestions and complaints.

I have to apologize for not being a very good participating moderator lately contenting myself to quietly observe and seek His Wisdom from above as I peruse the Forum, there are so many members old and new who are sincerely and diligently searching for the knowledge of our Lord and when I see these positive interactions my heart really does jump for joy! On the other hand when I see the scratching at the specks in other people's eyes with the clawed end of a hammer I say "here we go again...."  ::)

There is no doubt in my mind that there are some who were just as weary of my posts as I can be answering the same questions over and over, this is another reason I have held back and waited for His Breath of fresh air to clear my mind and refresh my spirit, it is in the hope that at some point I can be a better servant to our Lord here and in all facets of my life. Thankfully we have many members who have a good grasp of the material presented by Ray and are enthusiastic in helping others find the answers they seek.

His Peace to you all,

Joe

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2008, 11:32:23 AM »

It takes very little time for me to recognize when people join here without doing much reading of the articles, I used to respond to these questions (or statements) repeatedly but after a while it was like giving your friend the answers to a test so they did not have to study themselves, it may not be the best analogy but it is as close to my point as I can get, the pattern I have witnessed consistantly is if people are not going to read the articles with an open bible and an open mind but are content to receive sound bites, opinions and the Readers Digest version then they are very likely not going to be here very long, they will be off in search of some new thing somewhere else soon enough.

The other thing I have been observing is how the other Mods and some members patiently handle the accusations from some newer members (another consistant pattern) of being terse, or unloving or whatever as they themselves are being sarcastic, terse and unloving, a fascinating thing to behold for sure. To me it is like inviting someone into your home and they immediately complain about the color combinations, the furniture the bland food, etc. It would be more prudent to take the time to know and seek to understand before making unsolicited suggestions and complaints.

Joe,

Excellent points you brought out and I am in total agreement with you.  Thanks.

René

mharrell08

« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2008, 11:44:48 AM »

Joe,

Excellent points you brought out and I am in total agreement with you.  Thanks.

René

As am I...thanks for your comments Joe. And more of your posts will be greatly appreciated.  :)

Marques

CEO

« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2008, 12:13:27 PM »

I cannot understand finding great treasure and then discarding it.

New posters help keep it polished, then they leave.

Askseeknock
Charles

hillsbororiver

« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2008, 12:51:13 PM »

Rene, Marques & Charles,

Thanks for your responses!

Very interesting point.

Peace,

Joe

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2008, 12:56:14 PM »

I cannot understand finding great treasure and then discarding it.

Askseeknock
Charles

Some new posters come here to set us strait and consider themselves our teacher.

Dennis

aqrinc

« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2008, 02:18:07 PM »

To all Moderaters and members,

I am just happy to know that God cares enough about me to lead me here.
Thanks to each and every one of you for being here in this day and hour.
And Thanks Be To God And Our Lord Jesus Christ for Saving us All.

In Love and Humility,

george.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2008, 05:44:57 AM »

Hi Amrhrasach

For two and a half years I was a daily participant here and now am only able to come to the Forum on weekends at best. Why am I here? Because this is where God has me to be and I am blessed, comforted and the studies, questions, answers and dialogues here, have been integrating and helping my understanding.

Where I am now is in deeper trials and tribulations than ever before and heading into more with no sign of relief which is thoroughly going to test and hopefully prove my faith in the end.

Arc
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 05:47:47 AM by Arcturus »

Amrhrasach

« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2008, 10:26:05 AM »

Hi Arcturus,

Yes, I've read many, many, posts of yours in past topics.    Never a let down and always fruit.

As for your trials, your forum friends will be praying for you and that whatever goal God has set for you, you will be blessed.

Thanks for your reply Arc.

Best.

A.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 23 queries.