bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: I choose to go to hell  (Read 18100 times)

hebrewroots98

Re: I choose to go to hell
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2008, 11:55:20 PM »

I hear ya!  I call those numbing sessions "DBS" (DEAD BUTT SYNDROME), LOL ;D ;D ;D ;)

faith2faith

« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2008, 03:55:13 AM »

[quote author=phazel link=topic=6454.msg51902#msg51902 date=1203021246
Hi phazel :)

While I do not believe in Hell.

According to basic Christian theology, we  (we being believers) are responsible to evangelize the world and we will be held accountable for those that we do not spread the word to.

The reasons why we fail at evangelizing the world are many,  complacency, fear, lack of care, not willing to sacrifice (whatever it would take)  money,  time, etc.   

Once during  my church going days I had a thought about just how terrible I was at witnessing, how thoughtless I was to feel great about my salvation while those I failed to witness to are either burning in hell forever or simply eternally separated from God doomed to an eternal sorrow and regret.

Sorry,  Christians, the appeal to emotion to trivialize eternal separation from God by saying it is not "torture"  but eternal sorrow have NO clue the torture depression really is.  So to say separation from God would not be torture is pathetic.

trish here.
I can sympathize :'( with what you are saying, and separation from God and his presence or place of peace/love/ and rest
in him, well I wouldn't wish that upon anyone.......those who don't know Jesus or have a personal relationship with God
Are suffering....torments of, just to name afew..fear..sickness..diseases..depression..opression..demon possession.

experiencing these kinds of torments can seem to those without God's presence, may seem like eternal torture and weather
we like it or not reality is people do live their lives in darkness..we have an enemy who does torment or torture lost souls or
unsaved....I think sometimes we can for get where we came from before ever having any kind of relationship with God,
going through some sort of calamity....I personally am grieved at some of the response on here...seems insensitive and numb.

I agree with you we are accountable if we do anything or if we don't, and i am reminded of what God will say to us on the
day we stand before him;

(matt 25:34,35-40)
Then the King will say to those on his right, "Come, you who are blessed by my Father;
take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world.
for I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you
invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.
then the righteous will answer him, "Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink,
when did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you, when did we see you sick and in prison and
go to visit you; The King will reply, ' I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did
for me.

May the Holy Spirit comfort you, your not alone and he understands and knows your heart, I share your tears and heart felt...If
I am grieved at some of the unsupportive response here then i am sure the holy spirit is too....let not your heart  be troubled :(

May God truthly Bless you in every way!!
trish ;)

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2008, 04:58:13 AM »

With respect, Trish, you left out in your quotation the OP's words "I am playing Devils advocate with this post."

While you may be able to sympathize with what you think he is saying, you are misunderstanding or misrepresenting what he actually was saying.

"Sorry,  Christians, the appeal to emotion to trivialize eternal separation from God by saying it is not "torture"  but eternal sorrow have NO clue the torture depression really is.  So to say separation from God would not be torture is pathetic." is speaking of the attempt by churches to make Hell more palatable by calling it 'eternal separation' rather than eternal torment.  So he's pointing out the inherent contradiction in that Doctrine of "basic Christian theology".  To simply concieve of a sort of Hell-light to make the churches' message more palatable flies in the face of logic when one understands what an eternity of seperation from God would be like. 

In truth, there is no eternity and there will be no ultimate seperation, with or without torture.  Therefor the churches message is flawed at best and hateful of God at worst. 

Understanding that, there was no 'insensitive or numb'  or 'unsupportive comment' made in reply to his post.  He wasn't expressing any depression...he was taken aback by the contradiction.  From that, he got full support.

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

faith2faith

« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2008, 05:27:52 AM »

thank you Dave in Tenn :)

for your reply and clarification of that, really appreciate your input
however i have read several post here and it still grieves me of some
of the responses, that of others who don't read between lines, i am
specking metaphorically of other responses on this forum Dave, but
thank you for clearing that up. ;)

bless you Dave.
trish.

Richard D

« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2008, 05:53:16 AM »

Phazel.

Ray has proved beyond any doubt that hell is Christendom propaganda. Ray has proved this using many scriptures. I was a big time believer as a Roman Catholic in the hell doctrine.

People may live in fear of this all there life but in the end they will discover they had not been told the truth.

Besides, we don’t save ourselves or anyone else only God can do this. All will be eventually saved.   :)

In His Love. Richard.

Longhorn

« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2008, 11:12:11 AM »

I was in hell for 13 years......... but the divorce ended that torture. :D

Love in Christ

Longhorn

gmik

« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2008, 01:26:35 PM »

;D ;D Hey Longhorn, good one! 

Interesting thread to re read.

iris

« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2008, 01:48:31 PM »

Funny Longhorn!!!  ;D ;D ;D

We can benefit sometimes from re-reading old posts.

Iris

aqrinc

« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2008, 01:54:42 PM »

Roger,

Thank you for the clarification on the OP. The scriptures you quote are very appropriate for this day (time period) as it
appears the wolves are circling outside; while the roaring Lion is already inside seeking whom he may devour. We are
indeed receiving Great elucidation of the Scriptures in this Time and Place. Meat and Milk are being served up together;
so the meat eaters must jealously guard the flock. I have read many of your posts and discerned that protecting the
flock is what you are about. Admonition is hard to accept for most; especially when delivered unvarnished but, the
Scriptures below are ample evidence of (what saith the Scriptures).  

Ezekiel 38:7:
Be you prepared, and prepare for yourself, you, and all your company that are assembled to you, and be you a guard to them.

Matthew 7:15:
Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Matthew 10:16:
Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the middle of wolves: be you therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

Acts 20:29:
For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.

In Thanks and praise of Our Lord Jesus Christ.

George.

Falconn003

« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2008, 02:19:16 PM »

Ezekiel 38:7:
Be you prepared, and prepare for yourself, you, and all your company that are assembled to you, and be you a guard to them.

George.

Tis......i hope to be....anything less, anything more is by the Grace and Will of God.

Peace
Rodger

daywalker

« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2008, 04:45:22 PM »

Good post! It's too bad the most self-proclaimed "Christians" never stop and think about these things. Their pride barrier is so high that they cannot see the foolishness.

Funny thing, since I "came out of Babylon", I have shared my new beliefs, with my wife, a few family members and friends. Though, so far they all agree with what I've showed them, several times they've asked me to go to Church with them.

My wife was upset with me this past Mother's Day because I refused to go to her Church, even after she said "do it for me, please?"   :o

But I told her that if I went, that I most likely would speak out, and if I know anything for sure, I know that there is no such thing as "free speech" in Church!  :D

Though, I have been tempted to go to my old Church one day, and speak out, just to see what happens, ... if they would listen, or cast me out like Jesus and the Apostles were many times. Guess if it's GOD'S Will, then one day I may...  8)

Falconn003

« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2008, 06:28:36 PM »

Good post! It's too bad the most self-proclaimed "Christians" never stop and think about these things. Their pride barrier is so high that they cannot see the foolishness.

Funny thing, since I "came out of Babylon", I have shared my new beliefs, with my wife, a few family members and friends. Though, so far they all agree with what I've showed them, several times they've asked me to go to Church with them.

My wife was upset with me this past Mother's Day because I refused to go to her Church, even after she said "do it for me, please?"   :o

But I told her that if I went, that I most likely would speak out, and if I know anything for sure, I know that there is no such thing as "free speech" in Church!  :D

Though, I have been tempted to go to my old Church one day, and speak out, just to see what happens, ... if they would listen, or cast me out like Jesus and the Apostles were many times. Guess if it's GOD'S Will, then one day I may...  8)

make sure you bring a cushion too land on when you're tossed out.  ;D

Rodger
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 06:49:58 PM by Falconn003 »

cjwood

« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2008, 02:51:53 AM »

I was in hell for 13 years......... but the divorce ended that torture. :D

Love in Christ

Longhorn

ok longhorn, now that was funny.

claudia

cjwood

« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2008, 03:13:35 AM »

just a sidebar to the post by trish. in your post trish you said that "those who don't know Jesus or have a personal relationship with God are suffering...torments of, just to name a few...fear, sickness, diseases, depression, oppression" (i purposely left out the demon possession one). even people who know Jesus and have a personal relationship with God (and have been shown by God the Truth of His Word) are going through torments, trials, tribulations, sufferings of "fear, sickness, diseases, depression, oppression, etc. ".

claudia

Richard D

« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2008, 08:48:13 AM »

Phazel

I could not help but to reflect that I also heard it more than once how God does not send people to hell, people send themselves there. And you’re post reminded me of this fact. Evangelist also believes it’s up to them to save people.

Like Ray says, if evangelist gets a flat tire on the way, someone might end up in hell. That’s just ridiculous when you think about it.

I’m so thankful I’m not apart of that garbage any longer. The more I think of Christendom in contrast to the truth, I believe the religious leaders should all be arrested and put into prison the rest of their lives for teaching such heresy as their hell doctrine.

Seeing where you say you don’t believe in hell but are playing the Devils advocate be God’s advocate and give Bible truths .com address to as many as possible and help expose those who contradict.  ;)

In His Love. Richard.

Chris R

« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2008, 09:16:49 AM »

Ray also teaches,

Remember always as we attempt to enlighten those whom God is calling, that we are NO BETTER than those whose doctrines we condemn. God loves and DIED for these heretics of the modern Church. They are precious to God—and they had better be PRECIOUS TO US, or we too will receive a great condemnation for feeling anything but LOVE TOWARD THEM! They may be, in fact, our enemies, but Christ instructs us to: "…LOVE YOUR ENEMIES"!! [Ray Smith]

Peace

Chris R

Jackie Lee

« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2008, 11:17:23 PM »

Ray also teaches,

Remember always as we attempt to enlighten those whom God is calling, that we are NO BETTER than those whose doctrines we condemn. God loves and DIED for these heretics of the modern Church. They are precious to God—and they had better be PRECIOUS TO US, or we too will receive a great condemnation for feeling anything but LOVE TOWARD THEM! They may be, in fact, our enemies, but Christ instructs us to: "…LOVE YOUR ENEMIES"!! [Ray Smith]

Peace

Chris R

Oh absolutely Chris, Thanks for this reminder.
 I needed it.

Marlene

« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2008, 01:08:32 AM »

Hello, I cannot add much more then this. Except when I believed in Hell. I had a sin that I felt could not be forgiven. And, from that sin I felt like I was in hell. I was then delivered from the sin  and led to truth. Well, he burnt that nasty sin
of believe of Hell and nasty belive of his character. He led me to truth when I read Rays messages with scripture to back it up, and not just one but two or more witness like all should do when trying to show the truth. Yes, I was let out of the Hell my mind had me in. I sure love not being a prisoner any more.
Love You All
Marlene

AK4

« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2008, 07:00:14 PM »

Concerning the title of this thread:
No, I don't choose to go to hell.  I choose to choose as God intends me to choose at this time.  I choose to mock those who believe such hatefull hell garbage.

They will also say that God doesn't send you to Hell, you choose to go there

I heard someone say just yesterday that not only do we choose to go to hell, but but because He loves us so much, God will not stop us from making that choice. 

I am beginning to understand more, and in the process, I get very disgusted with these kinds of sayings.
Who am I to judge them though, I was once there too.

Thank you Lord for showing us the truth! :)

Matt

I would tell that person: If a child wanted to run out into the road should the parent respect that child's wish?

Oh, and Joe, I have some hell believing friends whom I would like to shove the truth down their throats.  Unfortunately, they rarely bring up the subject so I don't feel welcomed to bring it up.  I seriously lack the understanding of people who believe that doctrine. 

I second that musicman

I dont choose hell i choose God to judge in righteousness. I choose God to save all like He is saving me--I dont deserve it, but Hes doing it for me and since He doesnt show partiality or favoritism He must save them too.  Even Abraham expected this with Lot.

I choose righteousness to be done

daywalker

« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2008, 04:17:23 PM »

make sure you bring a cushion too land on when you're tossed out.  ;D

Rodger

Haha.. great advice!  :D
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 23 queries.