bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Spiritual Edification  (Read 13393 times)

mharrell08

Spiritual Edification
« on: November 07, 2008, 12:57:47 PM »

THE IMPORTANT STUFF:

This forum and how it is moderated, is different than most all religious based forums on the internet so please read carefully.

If you are considering joining this forum before reading and studying  www.bible-truths.com, please reconsider.
It would be beneficial to all involved if you take the time to familiarize yourself with the teaching of L.Ray Smith first.

This is not the place to decide if you agree with the teaching of L.Ray Smith, but a place you can retreat to when you do.

This forum is primarily a place for people of a like mind to fellowship, and secondarily to discuss and question what they learn on bible-truths.com.

If you seriously disagree with Ray, please email him directly.

If you come here to teach us, please take your teaching elsewhere.

THIS FORUM IS NOT TO BE USED TO DEBATE RELIGIOUS TOPICS

The above is an excerpt from Dennis regarding the purpose and moderation of the bible-truths.com forum. The thread is entitled 'Please read this before joining and posting' located under Forum Rules.

I believe there is a reason why this section highlighted is important. We are all here for fellowship and spiritual edification. That's why it is important to read and STUDY Ray's teachings before posting. What happens when a member does not read and study before posting? The subject content always leads to speculative discussions which have zero spiritual edification. Do these speculating members care how anyone else is edified? Of course not, they are too busy trying to interpret a verse themselves instead of relying on scripture for a 2nd and 3rd witness as well as a spiritual match.

1. Is any scripture of it's own interpretation? No, so why do we attempt to interpet any one scripture ourselves?

2. If one is confused or not understanding any of Ray's teaching, which part is confusing? What statement of Ray's do you believe the scriptures say otherwise?

3. When a member is attempting to answer and help you understand a topic or question that YOU POSTED, why ignore their assistance and jump all over the place to another issue?

4. Why do we assume more from a member's comments than what's posted? What I mean by that is, why do we respond to another member on a completely different issue than what the original member posted? When you quote another member to respond to their statement, you will be surprised when you take the time to look at that person's statement to see they may not have meant what you thought.

5. Are not the scriptures 1 message? 1 parable? Why are we so quick to believe a notion that a scripture, doctrine, or message state otherwise? Remember the 1 parable: Creating is God humanity in His image.

6. If a counsel of members give you the same answers with scriptures, maybe it is YOU that don't completely understand what you yourself are trying to say.

7. Reading and studying...are we reading through the LOF series again? The 12 spiritual truths to understanding His word? Why stop...does anyone think they have it all figured out? Let's keep going!

Let us be beneficial to everyone...not our own little personal beliefs. But we must familiarize ourselves with scriptures and Ray's teachings to do this. Otherwise, not only are we not building up our brothers and sisters here on the forum, but we stunt our own personal spiritual growth.

Thanks,

Marques

Vangie

Re: Spiritual Edification
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 02:09:58 PM »

Thanks Marques, you make some very good points.  I for one am easily sidetracked and do appreciate what you mean about staying focused. 

Love in Christ,
Vangie

hammerandnails

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 03:54:51 PM »

Dear Marques, I urge you to read my last post in the spirit and soul thread!!!

Altough you make very good points, you yourself is missing the point entirely!!
Is not necessarily what someone said, is your approach to what they say that makes you separate, different, ELECT!!!

I pray to God that this is not the way the moderators approach this subject,
because this will be a very painful blow to my walk with God.

I am deeply troubled at your lack of love!!

I pray now with tears, that this is not the everybody's approach!!!!!

There are other ways to make someone see your point!!!!
I pray that you will humble yourself before you are humbled by the Lord!!!

Brother, if you have not love you are NOTHING!!!!!!

What I thought that separate this forum from the others is LOVE!!!!

And if we are a family, like any family we disagree!!!
But as long as is done in love that is no harm done.
This is the image of the elect????

Than I ashamed I am one!!

Marques, I am stumbling on your monuments!!!!!
You make me stumble!!!!!

You are not portraying Christ, you are portraying NEBUCHADNEZZAR!!!! :o :o :o

I wonder what Ray would think of your approach?

You might be right, but this is not the way to address it.

I am ashamed that I am not so learned as you are, and if I should be afraid to ask a question with the expectation that I will
be scourged, may be I don't belong here!!!!

You got offended at what Scarlet has wrote??
Than prove your point in the spirit of love, or throw him out, BUT COME DOWN FROM YOUR THRONE!!!!
I am afraid for you, and if you don't have love, ALL YOUR LEARNING ID IN VAIN. :'( :'( :'(

Grace and peace
Ariel

mharrell08

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 04:34:11 PM »

Dear Marques, I urge you to read my last post in the spirit and soul thread!!!

Altough you make very good points, you yourself is missing the point entirely!!
Is not necessarily what someone said, is your approach to what they say that makes you separate, different, ELECT!!!

I pray to God that this is not the way the moderators approach this subject,
because this will be a very painful blow to my walk with God.

I am deeply troubled at your lack of love!!

I pray now with tears, that this is not the everybody's approach!!!!!

There are other ways to make someone see your point!!!!
I pray that you will humble yourself before you are humbled by the Lord!!!

Brother, if you have not love you are NOTHING!!!!!!

What I thought that separate this forum from the others is LOVE!!!!

And if we are a family, like any family we disagree!!!
But as long as is done in love that is no harm done.
This is the image of the elect????

Than I ashamed I am one!!

Marques, I am stumbling on your monuments!!!!!
You make me stumble!!!!!

You are not portraying Christ, you are portraying NEBUCHADNEZZAR!!!! :o :o :o

I wonder what Ray would think of your approach?

You might be right, but this is not the way to address it.

I am ashamed that I am not so learned as you are, and if I should be afraid to ask a question with the expectation that I will
be scourged, may be I don't belong here!!!!

You got offended at what Scarlet has wrote??
Than prove your point in the spirit of love, or throw him out, BUT COME DOWN FROM YOUR THRONE!!!!
I am afraid for you, and if you don't have love, ALL YOUR LEARNING ID IN VAIN. :'( :'( :'(

Grace and peace
Ariel

I answered your lengthy post from the 'Spirit and Soul' thread. I'm not doing it again here.

Excerpt from Ray's paper on Fools, Hypocrites, Snakes:

"FOR HE TAUGHT THEM AS ONE HAVING AUTHORITY"

I fully realize my papers grind on the spirits of those who oppose God’s Word. And well they should. Why shouldn’t we quote the Scriptures with authority--the Scriptures are authority.

"For He [Jesus] taught them as one having AUTHORITY and not as the scribes" (Matt. 7:29).

Jesus got His authority from His Father, and He used it. In fact, the very words He spoke were the words of His Father and not His own (John 17:8), hence the Father too uses sarcasm and anger in teaching us (our Lord and His God have more personality than most have ever imagined). What a broad range of colorful metaphors, parables, and colloquialisms they used. Add to these sarcasm, exaggeration, satire, irony, and true anger, and we have very powerful, persuasive language and teaching.

JESUS TALKED NATURALLY

First, let’s be clear that Jesus did not go around speaking as if He were a performer on a Shakespearean stage. Jesus did NOT speak in archaic King James English! Jesus never said:

"Verily, verily, I say unto thee, when thou wast young, thou girdest thyself, and walkedst whither thou wouldest: but when thou shalt be old, thou shalt stretch forth thy hands and another shall gird thee and carry thee whither thou wouldest not" (John 21:18, King James Version).

No, that is NOT what Jesus said in modern English. That is what He would have said had He been speaking archaic King James English to the residents of England back 1611. But to our ears this archaic English now sounds strange and affected. We no longer speak in archaic King James English. If Jesus were to speak to us today in the English of the 21st century it would sound more like this:

"The truth is when you were young, you were able to do as you liked and go wherever you wanted to; but when you are old, you will stretch out your hands and others will direct you and take you where you don’t want to go" (John 21:18, The Living Bible).

Jesus spoke the language of the people, the language of the day. He was natural, He was colloquial, He was precise, He was articulate, He was emotional, He was sincere. Jesus spoke EXACTLY AND PRECISELY as He was inside, because it is a Scriptural truth that, "…out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" (Matt. 12:34).

Marques

P.S. What made you believe this thread was directed to either you or ScarletWren? Was this a PM or an open thread for EVERYONE including me?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 04:38:21 PM by mharrell08 »

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 06:00:32 PM »

ANOTHER IMPORTANT FORUM RULE:

If you have a problem with a moderator, the way the forum is managed, or another user of the forum then address this through private mails.  Publicly airing your grievances could be grounds for banishment, and will get your post deleted.

Learn to use the private mail function.  If you don't know how then ask.

All who are guilty of breaking this rule, please adhere.

Peace,
René

Richard D

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2008, 06:54:50 PM »

Why so much sorrow or anger over a thread? I find no malice in what brother Marques said and reminders are good for us as a whole every now and then.

Ariel, I’m sure if you were face to face with Marques and heard the tone of his voice and seen his countenance as he spoke these words you would of not become offended or angry or even hurt by what he said.

I’ve found Marques to be a very helpful brother in the Lord and I don’t believe Marques to have posted this thread with malice of heart.

The only problem I see with this forum is that one can read more into a thread than what is there, Lords knows I’m guilty of this myself.

P.S. Blessed are the peace makers for they shall be called the sons of God.

In God’s Love. Richard.

dewey

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2008, 07:05:28 PM »

I would love to add my 2 cents to this post, but there's a good chance that I would say all the wrong things.  But there are a number of people on this forum that the Lord has shown us (Dewey & Paula) wisdom in their posts.  But there are two that we feel have an excellent understanding of what it's all about.  Lord willing, they will post on this specific subject.  and I'm gonna tell you who they are right now - I would love and believe that Roger and Indiana Bob have the capacity of wisdom to set this whole thing straight and to cut off at the path the stampede that is sure to happen the way this conversation is going.  From past posts, the Lord leads me to believe that either one of these 2 gentlemen would be able to explain/moderate this controversy before it goes out of control.  

Ariel, I do see what your talking about when you speak about a lack ot love and I have done this myself.  And at this point, I have to say he who is not guilty of this, chunk the first rock.  

Ariel, please don't quit this forum; you're not here by accident.  I'm sure that there are many more replies to come on this particular post.  There are many more to follow, I'm sure, Lord willing.

Please don't take this the wrong way when I say I do agree with everything that Darren said.  However, I see your point because he didn't temper with love and feelings.

I'm gonna post a few scriptures for you to read and it's possible that they don't mean anything to anybody but me, but this is what came to me while reading this particular topic of spiritual edification:

1  Co 1:17
Pr 19:11
Pr 19:10
Job 28:12

Love y'ans in the name of Christ

Dewey & Paula

goin' out on a limb for Jesus - why?  'cause that's where the fruit's at

Richard D

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2008, 07:26:16 PM »

Dewey.

I’m really offended that when you spoke of two people on this forum who have much wisdom in their posts and did not mention my name I was shocked………..LOL.

In God’s Love. Richard.

dewey

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2008, 07:36:39 PM »

your killing me richard LOL
 love ya brother

dewey

hammerandnails

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2008, 07:43:24 PM »

Dear Dewey, Paula and Richard,

I will not quit this forum unless the moderators ask me too.
And if they do, [that will be a first] I will take it like Paul when he was thrown out of the synagogue,
and I will add it to my biiiiiiiig list of failures.

Here I am, me and my big mouth, getting in trouble!! :'( :'(
But I cannot stand injustice!!!

I am sure that Marques was right, but his approach is my issue.

How can you get edified like this???
And I did not read anywhere that knowing Ray's teaching by heart is a prerequisite.

If we cannot bear with each others folly in love, than we are nothing, and all our learning is in vain!!!!
He did not offended me, he directed his long list of to dos at another brother, and I
could not, well, take it!!

If I cannot stand for justice, I am worse than the scum of the earth!!

I was deeply troubled by this, but I'll get over it!!
Another thing to conquer, right??

Thanks for you kind words.
It helped a lot!!!!!

Your sister in Christ,
Ariel

Falconn003

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2008, 08:46:36 PM »

I would love to add my 2 cents to this post, but there's a good chance that I would say all the wrong things.  But there are a number of people on this forum that the Lord has shown us (Dewey & Paula) wisdom in their posts.  But there are two that we feel have an excellent understanding of what it's all about.  Lord willing, they will post on this specific subject.  and I'm gonna tell you who they are right now - I would love and believe that Roger and Indiana Bob have the capacity of wisdom to set this whole thing straight and to cut off at the path the stampede that is sure to happen the way this conversation is going.  From past posts, the Lord leads me to believe that either one of these 2 gentlemen would be able to explain/moderate this controversy before it goes out of control.  

Ariel, I do see what your talking about when you speak about a lack ot love and I have done this myself.  And at this point, I have to say he who is not guilty of this, chunk the first rock.  

Ariel, please don't quit this forum; you're not here by accident.  I'm sure that there are many more replies to come on this particular post.  There are many more to follow, I'm sure, Lord willing.

Please don't take this the wrong way when I say I do agree with everything that Darren said.  However, I see your point because he didn't temper with love and feelings.

I'm gonna post a few scriptures for you to read and it's possible that they don't mean anything to anybody but me, but this is what came to me while reading this particular topic of spiritual edification:

1  Co 1:17
Pr 19:11
Pr 19:10
Job 28:12

Love y'ans in the name of Christ

Dewey & Paula

goin' out on a limb for Jesus - why?  'cause that's where the fruit's at

ME !! wisdom.........hehehehehe i just should ya , i can not built a good dog house  ;D

Peace and thank you for your kind words.......
Rodger
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 03:40:48 PM by Falconn003 »

Kat

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2008, 11:50:58 PM »

Here is an email from Ray on this subject, not real resent, but still applies here.

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,1608.0.html ------------

I am fully aware of the fact that everyone wants to be a teacher, but that is one thing that we don't allow on our form for the obvious reasons that it usually gets into unscriptural heresy, and I don't have the time to then read dozens of pages of discussions to sort it all out and comment on it. I don't have enough time to do the important things I need to do.  Our Forum is not the place to try out new ideas and teachings on Biblical themes. You can send them to me, but then again I cannot answer all of these teachings and questions either. There are just too many of them, and our moderators are not trained, nor do they have the time (they all have full-time jobs) to answer all of the different teachings people wish to interject into the Forum.  Hope you understand.

God be with you,

Ray

Longhorn

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2008, 12:54:58 AM »

Everbody over to Longhorns for some Pecan pie and some hot apple cider.

Love in Christ

Lonhorn

walt123

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2008, 05:03:07 AM »

wow

All that was a little disturbing.

Longhorn what was time for that together?

walt

PS "why can't we all just get along"

winner08

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2008, 04:42:50 PM »

Hey is this post about me?? what?? temper with love and feelings what?? maby It is not easy for some to express love and feelings It doesn't come easy for me. Is this about me??

Darren

Richard D

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2008, 05:49:15 PM »

Hi Darren.

The tone of one’s voice and their countenance and body language are all use in communication skills and communicating on a forum looses all these things that help one understand the mood of the one who is communicating.

So it now becomes so easy to read more into what a brother or sister is saying in a negative way than a positive way. Why is this, human nature? Just one more reason to understand our need of God.

I’m also guilty of this very act myself so now I understand how this sort of stuff can happen. I say live and learn but God says love and forgive.  :)

Hope this helps Darren. In God’s Love. Richard.

mharrell08

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2008, 05:54:44 PM »

Hey is this post about me?? what?? temper with love and feelings what?? maby It is not easy for some to express love and feelings It doesn't come easy for me. Is this about me??

Darren

No Darren...the post that mentioned your name was regarding me. The member mixed up our screen names: mharrell08 & winner08.

Marques

dewey

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2008, 06:55:18 PM »

Reply #16

Thanks, Richard, for clearing that subject of tempering of love up.  I think you did good. 

Reply #17
Yes, Marques, you were the one I was speaking of and with all respect due to, my Brother.  And I agree, it can be really hard to show love.  I, too, have had a hard time givin' mine away; but I'm gettin' better at it and here's an example.

Hey, Darren, I'm really sorry for putting your name in that post.

In Christ, love y'ans

Dewey

winner08

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2008, 07:04:28 PM »

No problem dewey: I was just trying to figure out what I said now. ??? ???

Darren

Jackie Lee

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2008, 07:13:57 PM »

I discovered by God showing me of course, love can be displayed in many different ways, it is not all touchy or words.
In my family growing up years ago no one ever said I love you but we always had food on the table and a warm bed to sleep in.
I felt there was something missing yet I repeat that with my own two daughters.
Love is more than an action but it is nice to hear the words, I fall short in that department but anyone need anything at all if I can I will help.
Maybe that is love incomplete, not sure.

OOPS sorry I thought this was about Love.
Moderators please delete if not spiritually edifying.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 07:17:03 PM by Jackie Lee »
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 23 queries.