bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Different personalities.  (Read 5762 times)

Richard D

Different personalities.
« on: November 08, 2008, 11:55:31 PM »

There are as many different personalities on this forum as there are people. Although the apostles wrote under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit they were also writing with their own personalities too.

Yes God used their personalities also. Just like God uses our personality when we talk to other people about God.

I believe there is much wisdom in understanding and believing any replies to any post from any brother or sister should always be considered out of love and love only.

Any body language and tones of the voice and countenance that we use in everyday communication to express ourselves are indeed lacking on any forum.

I once heard it’s not what we say but how we say it. But here we say it by writing it. This leaves a huge void in the other expressions such as tone of voice and facial expression and body language we use in everyday communication.

This is what I always remember when reading a reply from any of my brothers and sisters on this forum.

God bless you all and thank you for reading this thread and may you all receive this in the love and gentleness in which my heart is speaking.  :)

In God’s Love. Richard. 
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 12:57:45 AM by Richard D »

winner08

Re: Different personalities.
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 12:12:15 AM »

Richard D. that is so ture we express ourselves when talking to people all kinds of different ways. WE use our hand, eyes, facial expressions even our eye browess. To try to express oneself when writing can be diffucult, when like me who is not very good at it to begain with. It's hard for me to express through writing. Some of the people here do a great job others don't. Like you said we are all different. Great point Richard D.

Darren

walt123

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 03:22:37 AM »

Hello  richard and darren

I agree 100%, I couldn't have say it any better.

There will never come a time when we will not learn something new.
we can't be everything for everyone ,but understanding differences,
an how we express ourselves.

walt

Heidi

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 04:04:20 AM »

Amen to all the above......we have to know that love never fails and if we take this on board then we can start crossing many bridges.  Remember as Christ is so are we in the world.....who do you want to represent.

Ninny

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2008, 06:20:01 PM »

Richard, you are so right! It is hard to judged a person's motive when you can't hear their voice or see their body language. We really do have to be careful and give a lot of thought to what we say to each other here. My voice is soft in my mind, but when I type there is no volume UNLESS I YELL!! ( I try to reserve that for only the most deserving!)  ;D  Hopefully we will follow your wise counsel.
Thanks for the reminder!
Kathy :)

aqrinc

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2008, 06:54:14 PM »

Well and Truly said Richard and All Others,

I only have one mite to add; please never stop talking to each other. (Be Angry And Sin NOT)

Sorry for the yelling; Kathy made me do it. :o

george.

Jackie Lee

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2008, 07:40:46 PM »

Personality, I just wish I had one. :D
Most in my family are out going and lots more fun than me. (They think)
I am quiet and don't need lots of people around me.
I guess I am a loner but I am ok with that most of the time.
The only drawback to that it makes people to tend to think you are of no great importance.

Ninny

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2008, 07:59:27 PM »

Jackie Lee!
Oh now I just saw your personality! :D Even if you're a little bit of a loner, you make a difference to some one! Your family may think they are funny and outgoing, ha! some of them may just be obnoxious! I'll bet they look to you for strength at times, huh?  ;)

My mother-in-law was kind of a loner, but she was a hard worker and she wasn't a busy body! She minded her own business and took care of her stuff, ya know? So even a quiet person has a personality! When you post on here we don't care what anyone thinks of you because when you share your thoughts and ideas you are valuable to all of us! ;D

Enjoying your input!

Jackie Lee

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2008, 11:28:34 PM »

Hi Ninny, I do have an obnoxious sister...LOL ;D
I often wonder why in families there is one member that is opposite of the others.
My 82 year old mother asks me why I don't ride in the mountains with her and my sister, I tell her I live on a mountain and I can enjoy the beauty without going anywhere but my Patio.
She calls me a stick in the mud. :D ;D
That is why I said I have no personality, my mother and siblings thinks I am boring... ;D
 I have noticed all the different personalities here some very serious and some fun loving some a bit of both.
It is all good. :)

Heidi

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2008, 05:49:50 AM »

LOL.....we are your family in the spirit....remember, first the physical and then the spiritual.  I believe it was Beloved that said in another post that "we are on a spiritual journey in physical bodies"......that made so much sense to me.  You are valued here and together by God's grace we can all endure to the end and learn to become overcomers.  May God help you to overcome my fellow sister in the Lord.

Richard D

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2008, 10:34:48 AM »

Kathy.

Your kind words towards me about giving wise counsel is of the Lord, its what God has shown me or taught me through misunderstandings of my own. God has also shown me when I become angry with what a brother or sister says it’s because I’m more self centered than God centered.

Being God centered is where patience reigns and anger dissipates. Being self centered is where anger reigns and patience dissipates.

In God’s Love. Richard.

Jackie Lee.

You’re a wonderful sister of mine in the Lord and after reading your reply I could not help but to think how your personality comes shining through with all the replies you post.

Jackie, just be you because that’s the way God made you and that my friend is good enough for me.

With love, your brother in Christ. Richard.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 10:36:10 AM by Richard D »

Marlene

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2008, 04:21:28 PM »

Hello, When, I think of all the personalities it comes to my mind that the scriptures say we are all one body. We have many members. All are needed.

I have often thought that when something doesn't seem clear to me take it to all my brother and sisters in Christ. I never think I have all the answers or I would not be asking.

I can tell much about all the personalities, but seeing a person helps alot. But, this is what we have and I never want to loose that.

1 Corinthians 12 verse 4 There are different kinds of gifts, but the same spirit.
There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord There are different kinds of working, but the same God works all of them in all men.

1 Cor. 12 verse 12 For as the body is one, and all the members of that one body
being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

I Cor. 24 For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked:
Verse 25 That there should be no schism in the body; but that the memebers should have the same care for another.

In 1 Cor. 13 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity , I am become as sounding brass, or tinkling cymbal.

And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my foods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity it profiteth me nothing.
 I just wanted to take some verses that shows gifts that we have but not all may have them. But, having all the gifts profits nothing if we do not have charity (LOVE)
I believe that we are made of many personalities and all is needed, but always seasoned with (LOVE
I find Love on here. I find us all one in spirit.
We are many personalities with one body and spirit.

In His Love,
Marlene

Ninny

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2008, 05:04:45 PM »

Marlene, beautifully said! We do need each other whether we are the serious ones or the quirky ones! God loves us all, it's a good thing! ;) They will know we are Christians by our love! :-*
Smiles,

Richard D

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2008, 05:35:59 PM »

Marlene.

Your reply really touches my heart as I read through it and wanted to say thank you for adding to this thread also. One of the things I most delight in is witnessing the progression of any thread and seeing the abundance of knowledge that enlightens each and every one of us throughout the thread.

Could anything like this be found in a church? There is no doubt in me this is truly a God ordained forum and those who hearts God has touch will feel at home here.

Thank all of you who have read this thread and also those of you who have added another pearl to this thread that our brother and sisters in the Lord may make these pearls their very own.

:)    In God’ Love. Richard.  :)

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2008, 07:40:28 PM »

"being God centered is where patience reigns and anger dissipates, being self centered is where anger reigns and patience dissipates". wow!!!! God is truly working in your heart richard. thank you for sharing what He is doing in your life. the more we learn, the more we have to learn.

claudia

Samson

« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2008, 08:42:19 PM »

Hello Everyone,

Enjoyed all your Posts on this timely topic. This type of thread has been
                      presented before(In the last six months) and will probably be presented
                      again, as a necessary reminder.

Although I agree with much of the above, still, there are certain ways to
                      minimize the possibility of offending another Forum Member and hurting
                      others feelings. True, we can't read ones facial expressions, tone of voice
                      and volume of ones words. However, there are Tools at our disposal available
                      at this Forum. The little icons above: (  ;D  :D  ;) ), etc, etc, can help convey
                      ones Mood or disposition relating to the words presented. Also instead of having a

situation where words are verbally outpouring from our mouths uncontrollably, we have a
                      Key board with letters and a backspace at our disposal. Unlike a disagreeable
                      or unloving or argumentative Spouse, face to face, we have a Geographical
                      Distance, so we can remove our hands from the keyboard and easily " Take
                      Our leave before a quarrel or argumentative words burst forth".

Also, as mentioned earlier and often in the past, we have the PERSONAL MESSAGE
                      OPTION at our disposal. When confronted with undesirable Workmates, Spouses or
                      Relatives, our options are more limited, NOT HERE.

Whenever I've witnessed what I perceive to be an unloving, blunt or illmannered or curt
                      comment, I don't respond, I send a consoling Personal message to the " victim "
                       as some of you already know.

Also, as a suggestion, save your unrelated and personal opinions and your personal
                       feelings for Off Topic Discussions, Who Am I and Testimonies, etc. General Discussion
                       Topics are meant for discussing Rays Articles. This suggestion applies to me too. For
                        this reason, I don't Post on General Discussions too often, unless I make ample
                        preparation. With work, other matters and taking care of my wife, since her Surgery,
                        I'm not willing and prepared to do so as often as I'd like to. It requires more time,
                        reflection, study and preparation.

None of the above is meant as an affront or attack on anyone, but just some thoughts
                        to reflect on,  ;).

Kind Regards & Carry On, Samson.

ez2u

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2008, 12:20:55 AM »

this was a good post  makes people feel accepted.  with what we understand  in the Lord  sometimes it could seem isolating and like an odd ball     i am glad so much was said here that was heart felt and warm.

Marlene

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2008, 03:37:36 AM »

Claudia, Your post was so true. To be self-centered is the cause of disputes. I think it is wonderful how we all have something to share and give. We all are truely needed, and we all have to learn to let go of self.

In His Love
Marlene

Heidi

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2008, 05:21:25 AM »

Amen to all you said Samson.

Richard D

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2008, 01:31:23 PM »

Hi Samson.

Thank you for the additional input Samson. It’s the little things we can do to show love to our brothers and sisters that are so important. You have added some great advice to this thread that hopefully we can all adhere to as well.

I believe if we all remember why we are here and what this is all about we will be a perfect family of God right here on earth.

In God’s Love. Richard.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 19 queries.