bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: I have a question that might seem dumb  (Read 11415 times)

Marlene

I have a question that might seem dumb
« on: November 09, 2008, 01:58:59 AM »

I know of people who think we will eat food in our next life with Christ. Is this true, or is the feast not literal.

In His Love,
Marlene

Ninny

Re: I have a question that might seem dumb
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 02:21:04 AM »

Hey Marlene,
That is an interesting question. I've never given that much thought. I'll be interested to see what kind of answers you get! Be warned though of the answers and ideas you may get from certain characters on this topic board. They know who they are! They will NOT really be helpful unless you need to laugh until you're breathless!  ;D   umm hmmm no names mind you, but don't worry they WILL show up! ;)
Hope you get some real answers!
Kathy :)

aqrinc

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 03:09:34 AM »

Ok,

I am biting, oops  ;D , Kathy, do not throw pearls  :P to dogs or the pigs may feel slighted  :D

Hi Marlene, is there a scripture that you are quoting from or can we take this to the dance.  ???

??? ???  :-\ , george.

I know of people who think we will eat food in our next life with Christ. Is this true, or is the feast not literal.

In His Love,
Marlene

« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 03:13:03 AM by aqr »

Richard D

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 09:54:30 AM »

Hi Marlene.

I know after the resurrection Christ ate breakfast with the apostles on the beach and again he asked for some food to eat to prove he was not a ghost. I don’t know if this proves that we eat food in heaven. ;)

In God’s Love. Richard. 

Beloved

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2008, 10:17:22 AM »

I think you have to ask...why do we eat....answer to provide material to be digested to build and repair our physical carcass.  Eating is the recycling of physical molecules...dust to dust thing.

It is also easy to see that when you are born, life in imbued into one cell and the cell takes in nutrients from the mother and grows and multiplies, until it is born and then still needs nourishment. When you die, all cells lose the nutrients back to earth except for physical structures, like bones that would decay if left to the right mix of elements. Bones will remain in certain dry environments etc, whereas in bogs or mummification more body elements are stabilized. 

Richard, I think when Christ ate, he took covered his spiritual linen with phycial wool and entered the physical realm....It will be no problem to pull subatomic material together from the spiritual. The spiritual can walk through the material and ascend and move in all direction.

He did not eat because he was hungry but as a jester as you mentioned. It is simply one thing that a physical body can do. Since the Word of God is Spirit I would expect that a spiritual body would draw nourishment from the Father through the Son.

The way Jesus used the phrase, eat my body and drink my blood points to this I think. He was talking in spiritual sense but the audience heard the physical.
I think there will be communion of the believers, that is why He drawing all men to Himself.

beloved

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2008, 11:05:42 AM »

John 4 : 31 But in the meantime the disciples asked Him saying, Rabbi, eat? But He said to them, I have food to eat which you do not know. Then the disciples said to one another, No one brought Him food to eat?  Jesus said to them, My food is that I should do the will of Him who sent Me, and that I may finish His work.

Luke 12 : 23 The life is more than the food, and the body than the clothing.

Arc

winner08

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2008, 02:36:16 PM »

If we are going to be in the true image of God we wont or need food. Food is for the  physical body. after we put on incorruptible bodies or from mortality to immortality we wont need food. The image of God is spirit and we will be also this is what I though Ray had said. I though I read this in one of his papers (read). then again I could be wrong.

Darren
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 02:37:40 PM by winner08 »

Marlene

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2008, 03:43:07 PM »

George, The scripture that Richard pointed out about him eating with the disciplies is the one I am speaking of.

In His Love,
Marlene

Richard D

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2008, 03:57:56 PM »

I certainly hope what I’m reading could not be further from the truth as this will be a most difficult transition for me to make no doubt. The thought of never biting into some Kentucky fried chicken or having Chinese’s food for all eternity sends shivers down my spine.

I can go without McDonalds and Burger King but please don’t ask me to go without pizza and Greek salad with my favorite soft drink….. Ok, you want to talk about breakfast too and midnight snakes, Oops I hope my doctor does not read this thread………….LOL

In God’s Love. Richard.

Marlene

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2008, 04:05:43 PM »

Richard, This is the one my husband will have trouble with. LOL He is 6"5 and I am 5"2 he is healthy as a horse and I have bad health. I eat a little and it finds me. I hate to have to eat, but with my medical problem of diabetes I often crave it. But, he can eat and never have a problem.

In His Love,
Marlene

Marlene

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2008, 04:42:04 PM »

Hello, I have to say something. I am a little hurt at some of the replies on here. But, now I know that you do not realize why I asked this. I am new to Ray's teaching. Yes, we never know who believes like this about food. It just might not always be the organized church. But, it has taught me not to be hurt. Because, Christ is right "Father They Know Not What They Do.". I still love you all.

In His Love,
Marlene

aqrinc

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2008, 05:15:29 PM »

Hi Marlene,

Thanks for the Scripture, i will defer to a senior member in this as currently that answer from (Arc) fits.

Do not get angry if sometimes we seem to make light of some questions; many times it is an attempt to
ease someones perceived by us (pain or confusion).

In some cases before answering, we (I) should follow the adage: It is better to remain silent
and be thought a fool; than to speak up and remove all doubt.

Love in learning Sister,  :-*

george.

George, The scripture that Richard pointed out about him eating with the disciples is the one I am speaking of.

In His Love,
Marlene

John 4 : 31 But in the meantime the disciples asked Him saying, Rabbi, eat? But He said to them, I have food to eat which you do not know. Then the disciples said to one another, No one brought Him food to eat?  Jesus said to them, My food is that I should do the will of Him who sent Me, and that I may finish His work.

Luke 12 : 23 The life is more than the food, and the body than the clothing.

Arc
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 11:42:46 PM by aqr »

Beloved

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2008, 05:15:53 PM »

(Joh 21:7 KJVR)  Therefore that disciple whom Jesus loved saith unto Peter, It is the Lord. Now when Simon Peter heard that it was the Lord, he girt his fisher's coat unto him, (for he was naked,) and did cast himself into the sea.

(Joh 21:9 KJVR)  As soon then as they were come to land, they saw a fire of coals there, and fish laid thereon, and bread.

(Joh 21:10 KJVR)  Jesus saith unto them, Bring of the fish which ye have now caught.

(Joh 21:12 KJVR)  Jesus saith unto them, Come and dine. And none of the disciples durst ask him, Who art thou? knowing that it was the Lord.

(Joh 21:13 KJVR)  Jesus then cometh, and taketh bread, and giveth them, and fish likewise.

Marlene the disciples were in physical bodies and Jesus who was now spiritual ate with them. At the Resurrection all will be spiritual and in incorruptible bodies....there will be no reason to eat... "food" ... (which by the way is corruptible and is already in the state of decaying)

Snap out of it Richard.. ;D  there will be no mcdonald or other junk...

Revelation tells us

Rev 7:16  They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat.  

You will be face to face with God....anything carnal will seem absurd and insane

Beloved
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 05:36:06 PM by Beloved »

Ninny

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2008, 05:54:58 PM »

Ok everyone, I stand corrected! I am sorry I made light of Marlene's question! :-[ I was just trying to prepare her for some answers that might seem odd to her. :D
I think you all have had some pretty good answers! As I said I never really gave that about eating much thought! Sorry Richard that you won't be able to have your Big Macs!  :'( I'm thinking that we'll have something a whole lot better! I'll be really happy if we won't be eating! That means I won't have to cook! OR watch my weight! (Sorry :-X)
My cheeks are red!  :-[
Kathy :D

aqrinc

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2008, 06:41:55 PM »

Please Kathy,

None should misconstrue my post as being aimed at them. I speak of myself only always keeping in mind:

Mote in my friends eye; Large log in my eye, thus a major problem of perception for me.

george.

Richard D

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2008, 07:09:05 PM »

Kathy.

I don’t care about the Big Macs it the Kentucky fried chicken I’m talking about…..LOL
I believe I’ll find at the Wedding banquet Kentucky fried chicken and some down to earth biscuits with lots of butter.

In God’s Love. Richard.

Ninny

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2008, 08:26:11 PM »

Well, George we can all take a look at ourselves and I am not easily offended!  ;D  I think I saw a little splinter in my eye earlier today!  :D

Richard Shut up about the KFC already! Can't you see that we are going to get in trouble?  ::) You know that pretty soon Craig is going to wake up and then we're in for it! (yum biscuits!)  :-X

I'm sorry Marlene, it is so hard to keep these guys in line!  ;) It is a hard job, but someone has to do it!  ;)
Just listen to Beloved and Arc, they will give you sound advice! (for real).

We love you, praying for you!
Kathy :)

aqrinc

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2008, 09:13:52 PM »

If any one thinks it is easy carrying this huge piece of lumber around in my eye try it a bit.  8) Notice i wear dark glasses.

Two steps forward daily; it seems i always move backward :o that way my log doesn't obscure my peripheral vision.

george.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 09:15:04 PM by aqr »

Longhorn

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2008, 09:43:07 PM »

Just as long as there is Pretzels and Beer Im good to go for the ions and ions and ages to come.

Love in Christ

Longhorn

Marlene

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2008, 10:43:07 PM »

Hello, You all are something else. I love you all. But, all I was saying is anyone can believe this, but does not make it so. Beloved scriptures helped me out. You all are just too much sometimes, but I would not trade you for the world. You all mean so much to me.

Lots of my medications make me hungry and I struggle so much with not wanting to over eat. I will be glad not to have that to deal with. Free indeed.

Love,
Marlene
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 20 queries.