bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Children in the pulpit  (Read 6725 times)

mharrell08

Children in the pulpit
« on: November 09, 2008, 12:02:51 PM »

Matt. 23:15  Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte [Gk. convert], and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=7818944&version=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

Marques

Beloved

Re: Children in the pulpit
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 12:44:24 PM »

They take one phrase in the Bible and build an empire around it

Psa 8:2  Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength because of thine enemies, that thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger.

Sawyer isn't just the altar boy, but the preacher.

"It is an honor to speak to you again about an eight letter word…patience," said Sawyer to a crowded church one Sunday

Job 15:6  Thine own mouth condemneth thee, and not I: yea, thine own lips testify against thee

He certainly did not even follow the example of John the baptist and especially as Jesus as a BOY

(Luk 2:49)  And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?

(Luk 2:50)  And they understood not the saying which he spake unto them.

(Luk 2:51)  And he went down with them, and came to Nazareth, and was subject unto them: but his mother kept all these sayings in her heart.

(Luk 2:52) And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man.

Where is this person's  patience...except as talk

beloved

Vangie

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 03:57:48 PM »

At 40+, I'm still looking for patience, at 11 years old--that's asking a lot for a child to even know the meaning of the word.  (i.e. long-suffering is one definition....at 11?)  Wonder what his other sermons are about.

Vangie

Richard D

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 04:06:54 PM »

Vangie.

The young lads other sermon is about how many years it takes to acquire this virtue of patience………..he’s leaving that for last………Just more worldly deception. May he come to know the true God of the bible.  :)

In God’s Love. Richard.   

Martinez

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2008, 05:47:21 PM »

Like minded teaching like minded!

Isa 3:4  And I will give children to be their princes, and babes shall rule over them.
Isa 3:5  And the people shall be oppressed, every one by another, and every one by his neighbour: the child shall behave himself proudly against the ancient, and the base against the honourable.

Ninny

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2008, 06:56:57 PM »

Oh my! I watched that and thought, if people let children teach them from the pulpit who will be wise? Where will he learn wisdom? My 11 year old grandson is one of the sweetest little Christians I know but he is a child and he has childish ways.  :o
He was allowed to get up in front of his chapel service at school and give the testimony about his baby brother being healed of the brain tumor and we thought he would need CPR before he went to school that morning, he was suffering terrible stage fright! He has gone to school with these kids since he was 6!!
What kind of kid thinks he can shepherd a flock of adult sheep?! What kind of adults take counsel from a kid?  ???
this is really strange!
Learning new things every day!
Kathy  :)

Ricky

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2008, 07:09:20 PM »

lol
Your heart is God`s gift to you, what you make of it, shall be your gift to Him.

martincisneros

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2008, 05:13:30 AM »

Most of the preachers in the pulpits every Sunday and Wednesday night are children, regardless of what their birth certificate says on how long ago the stork dropped them off.

Heidi

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2008, 06:04:51 AM »

un...be.....liev......a......ble!  What next.................. ;D

Martinez

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2008, 06:32:02 AM »

Just remember, nothing new under the sun!

daywalker

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2008, 04:49:09 PM »

Like minded teaching like minded!

Isa 3:4  And I will give children to be their princes, and babes shall rule over them.
Isa 3:5  And the people shall be oppressed, every one by another, and every one by his neighbour: the child shall behave himself proudly against the ancient, and the base against the honourable.

Haha! I couldn't have put it better myself!  ;D

aqrinc

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2008, 01:46:22 AM »

Very interesting; out of the mouth of babes. That is one child who is way beyond his years in The Word.

This is a Strange Work God is Doing.

george.

kweli

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2008, 07:02:12 AM »

They are going to justify this to the world with their magic hocus-pocus mambo-jambo open-sesame jibberish-nonsense like:
  • Young David killed gigantic Goliath
  • God can use a donkey to speak
  • All things are possible with God
  • Jesus was already in His Father's business at a young age (and they'll use the word 'business' to do their business in church, spearheaded by the young)

And then, some clergyman will quote this passage and bring in all sorts of angles to the equation (including the tithes of toddlers):

Matthew 18
1 At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, "Who is the greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven?"
2 And Jesus called a little child unto Him, and set him in the midst of them,
3 and said, "Verily I say unto you, unless ye be converted and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the Kingdom of Heaven.
4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven.
5 And whoso shall receive one such little child in My name, receiveth Me.
6 But whoso shall cause one of these little ones who believe in Me to fall, it were better for him that a millstone were hung about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.
10 Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you that in Heaven their angels do always behold the face of My Father who is in Heaven.
14 Even so it is not the will of your Father who is in Heaven that one of these little ones should perish.

These are indeed the last days:

2 Timothy 3
1 This know also: that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, without selfcontrol, fierce, despisers of those who are good,
4 traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God,
5 having a form of godliness but denying the power thereof. From such turn away.
6 For of this sort are those who creep into houses and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
7 ever learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

As Ray puts it in one of his audios, "We have a lot of work to do". And I'm sure he didn't mean make disciples - he has a complete study on that very subject. But indeed, we have a lot of work to do. Fortunately, it is all finished from the foundation so we will just have to walk in those works under HIS guidance. I think we should rejoice because we are able to see and hear. We know that the lost dont really know that they are lost.

All Glory to GOD
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 19 queries.