bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prayer  (Read 4515 times)

Decky

Prayer
« on: November 10, 2008, 05:27:42 PM »

Hello Everyone,

This is just a brief testimony. You may not think it's all that, but to me, it's such a breakthrough. I'm sure many of you know my struggles with prayer, and how most of it stems from the loss of my Dad and God's refusal to heal him. In fact my last post just prior to this one was pretty much a temper tantrum culminating with a declaration that prayer is a joke. Over the weekend, it felt like God was really dealing with me and breaking down that resentment I held. Last night before bed, I knelt at my bedside(Which was once a nightly custom. I know it's not all in the posture one takes, but this is how I've done this for so many years)and I actually communicated with God. It was rough, and not many words came out, but I was able to ask him to give me the desire and the ability to pray. Since then, a good deal of the anger in me has subsided. I know I have a long way to go, but I am so grateful for what happened last night.

A humble thank you to all those who have helped me get to this point by your prayers and emcouragement.

Richard D

Re: Prayer
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 07:32:56 PM »

Deckey.

Praise the Lord, that is so wonderful to hear and you know God always has our best interest at heart even when it hurts us emotionally. Your message was uplifting to me and I wanted to thank you for sharing this.

I can relate to what your saying my friend because I lost my Dad when I was young and my mom back in 1993 but I know one day I will see them both again but I remember the pain I went through with the passing of both parents.

Now I have the sweet memory of my parents but without the pain, keep praying because talking to God brings us closer to God and you’ll find God is our quiet place.

In His Love. Richard.

mharrell08

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 07:34:08 PM »

Hello Everyone,

This is just a brief testimony. You may not think it's all that, but to me, it's such a breakthrough. I'm sure many of you know my struggles with prayer, and how most of it stems from the loss of my Dad and God's refusal to heal him. In fact my last post just prior to this one was pretty much a temper tantrum culminating with a declaration that prayer is a joke. Over the weekend, it felt like God was really dealing with me and breaking down that resentment I held. Last night before bed, I knelt at my bedside(Which was once a nightly custom. I know it's not all in the posture one takes, but this is how I've done this for so many years)and I actually communicated with God. It was rough, and not many words came out, but I was able to ask him to give me the desire and the ability to pray. Since then, a good deal of the anger in me has subsided. I know I have a long way to go, but I am so grateful for what happened last night.

A humble thank you to all those who have helped me get to this point by your prayers and emcouragement.

Wonderful testimony Decky...may the Lord continue to strengthen you and guide you into His perfect Will.

Marques

ez2u

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 12:31:43 AM »

Decky   how beautiful  for you to begin  to move forward with your life.   it is time that we need when we lose someone   God is faithfull and patience and full of love for you.   the pain in losing some one you love is like a knife that has cut a whole in your heart   a heaviness that is laying on your chest.  I praise the Lord He is bring some healing to your soul   thank God for His mercies.   we are like the grass of the field   very perishable.  Jesus know this and He is faithful  death is not final   thank God that we know this  when i lost my son i did not laugh for many months  than one day i was looking out the window typing and i saw my children running through our back yard  playing  and it made me laugh   it was strange at first to hear  once again laugher  coming from me    but i have laugh a lot since then   thank God.

Ninny

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 01:02:50 AM »

Decky,
You know sometimes our minds just won't quiet down. satan uses every opportunity to slam us onto the ground and tries to hold us 'down for the count' it happens to all of us at times. God knows all of this.

I remember when my mom died, she had a "mild" stroke. She was 55 years old! She was diabetic and was blind, but a more beautiful soul you would have never known. She was in a coma and was suffering from kidney failure which ultimately is what she died from. But at the hospital that day I went to the chapel and I prayed and I still remember my prayer and it was 35 years ago. I said "God I love my mother and I know you do too. If you would heal her completely from all of her sicknesses then please do it. If you won't heal her completely then please let her go, she has suffered too much for too long." Before I got back to her room I learned she had passed away. I have always thanked God for not letting her suffer any longer. I miss her terribly, but I have always had peace because I knew and I know that God is in control. Losing someone you love is never a good thing, but God is in control at all times.

My Dad died in 1989 and he lived only a few months after learning he had cancer, but again I am thankful that his illness was short and his suffering ended in God's time.
None of this is probably helpful to you, but just remember if God is in control then he knows what the next thing is and He has it in store for you.
With love and prayers,
Kathy :)

pylady

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 01:20:41 AM »

Hi Decky,

It's good to hear that you are praying to God again, and perhaps unburdening whats in your heart, even if it is anger. 
You say you're angry, and that God refused to heal your father.
About 15 years ago my mother and brother were both diagnosed with terminal lung cancer.  I, too, prayed and prayed for them to be healed, but they both died within a few weeks of each other.  So I can understand your anger, because I felt God had not answered my prayers.  This led to a loss of faith for many years. 

But now I look back and know that God did hear my prayer.  He had already made provisions for their healing by raising His Son from the dead.  If He had immediately answered my prayer and healed them at that time they would have had to suffer and go thru the dying at a future time.  But the Bible tells us the day of our death is better than the day of our birth.  Because now they are no longer
suffering.  They are sleeping and God has preserved their spirit to return them to life.  Then He will really heal them, not just for a few short years, but it will be a spiritual healing which will put them on path of real life.  How much better God's way is then ours!

So be of good cheer, Decky.  Let God heal you now while you wait on Him to answer your prayer.  Enjoy the memories of your father, and look forward to that wonderful day when our loved ones will be returned to us - we will never lose them again! 

When I think  now of my loved ones who have died it seems more like they have gone away for a time, like on a trip abroad, so I won't see them for awhile, but  I am waiting for their return.  All praise to our merciful God!

Your sister in Christ,
                                Cindy :)

Marlene

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2008, 03:24:09 AM »

Hello Decky, What Cindy wrote I cannot say better. Tonight my neice who is 21 called to talk to me. Her Father passed away. He had been in the hospital for 7 months. They called her and said he had taken the turn for the worse. He suffered so with his breathing and loss of blood they could not find where it was coming from. But, she called me cause she was sad. I told her about the salvation for all. That he is at peace and we would someday all be united in the ressurection together. That we would cry no more. We would have the reunion of a life time, and get to be with our Saviour who loves us even more then we love him and even more then we love our love ones. So, keep close in fellowship and I know you will survive this pain.

In His Love,
Marlen

Heidi

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2008, 05:31:17 AM »

When I think now of my loved ones who have died it seems more like they have gone away for a time, like on a trip abroad, so I won't see them for awhile, but I am waiting for their return.  All praise to our merciful God!

That is so beautifully put Cindy, how wonderful to know this truth that they (our loved ones who are sleeping) and we/us will all be together again by God's grace.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 05:32:26 AM by Heidi »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 17 queries.