bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Boiled Peanuts  (Read 6250 times)

Ninny

Boiled Peanuts
« on: November 10, 2008, 06:53:58 PM »

Hi everyone I just thought of something funny. We moved here to South Alabama from the West in 1981, I was born in Oklahoma, but my parents moved the family to Arizona when I was a year old. I lived in Arizona until I was in my twenties so my knowledge of the South was very limited. My husband was in the Army and when the time came to retire we decided to stay in AL.

Right after we moved here I called my sister in Phoenix, I told her it was really funny here because after they pick the peanuts they gather all the plants and leaves up put them in big rolls and call it hay! ??? Now in Arizona hay comes in square bales! She just laughed and said Oh I guess you're too young to remember the "peanut hay" from Oklahoma! (Ya Think?) Imagine my shock :o when someone gave me BOILED PEANUTS!

Well we've been in Alabama for 27 years and I never go a year without boiled peanuts!! Ha! It's so cute now to see people who come here from anywhere other than the South and they are like eeewwww BOILED PEANUTS, that's just nasty! ;D :D talk about culture shock!! :D

So, that's what happens when you adapt to your surroundings! ;)
Just thought I'd share!
Kathy :)

aqrinc

Re: Boiled Peanuts
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 08:31:36 PM »

Kathy,

eeeaaaggghhh boiled peanut  ???, you got to be kidding. What tha @($*%& or (*&^)%$ were
they thinking  :-X. We always roasted or burnt them never boil them in Belize. :o

george. ;D

Ninny

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 10:20:58 PM »

Well, George, let me tell you I reacted much the same way, whoever came up with that??
Get this, my grandsons like Garbanzo beans (Chick peas) because they taste like BOILED PEANUTS!!! Ha!
I tell ya boiled peanuts taste like peas (field peas, not green peas). They really are good, it is an acquired taste. If you ever come to Alabama in Oct or Nov. be sure you try them you might like them! Not taking away from roasted ones mind you, but just give them a try!

Now Longhorn probably knows about peanuts and beer, but I wouldn't say that boiled peanuts would go with beer, but then again I've never tasted beer!  The smell of beer is enough to keep me teetotaling!!!  (spell checker says that's not a word! :(
Happy eating!
Kathy ;)

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 12:57:19 AM »

Yuck.
Never even heard of boiled goober's until I worked in the Newport News, VA area. They'd hang ya if ya tried that in West TX.

Ninny

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 01:15:55 AM »

Ha! I can understand that! They would hang you for lots of stuff in West Texas! :o
 ;D Did you ever try a boiled goober when you were in VA? :D
I have family that lives in Lubbock, it is really windy there! :D I have been all over Texas but don't worry I won't boil any peanuts if I'm there! I've been to San Antonio, to El Paso, to Amarillo, even been to Childress!
 :D :D :D there is no longer road than Interstate 10 across South Texas! Loooonnngg road! ;)
Peace!
Kathy :)

Patrick

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 01:38:41 AM »

Yes, I tried boiled goobers while in VA.
I grew up in a really small farming/ranching town about 2 hrs S-SE of Lubbock; Coahoma.

Ninny

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2008, 01:52:35 AM »

Cool! Small world! Texas is a really great place, all kidding aside! Well, I'm glad you at least tried the boiled peanuts! ;D
Boiling peanuts right now!
Kathy ;)

Richard D

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2008, 03:41:38 PM »

Kathy.

I always wondered how they made peanut butter, so tell me what to do sister, I bring the water to 212 degrees and then what?  ;D

P.S. Please don’t leave anything in the recipe out. Thank you.  :)

In God's Love. Richard.

Ninny

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2008, 04:12:37 PM »

Richard, you so silly! ;D they don't make peanut butter out of boiled peanuts! They are roasted you silly goose! Are you making fun of my boiled peanuts!!?? ??? AHa, ha ha! Yeah.  ;)
You have to boil RAW peanuts! Water, salt, raw peanuts, what could be easier? ;D  :P
I know you, you are tryin' to mess wit my mind! ;D
 ;D ;D ;D
Kathy ;)

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2008, 03:58:07 AM »

You leave 'em in the shell when you boil them, yes?
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Samarnon

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2008, 05:28:59 AM »

yes Dave in Tenn, you leave 'em in the shell when you boil them.

Most of us filipinos if not all eat boiled peanuts. It's one of my favorite food especially when watching TV or when i'm reading. Yummy. :D

Joy  :)

Richard D

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2008, 12:43:05 AM »

Kathy.  :)

Now what makes you think a city boy like me was kidding about the peanut butter recipe. I have been sitting here with the jelly and a loaf of bread awaiting further instruction.  ;)

Kathy, if this is a secret family recipe of your’s you could send it to me in a pm. Your secret recipe will be safe with me, I’ll take it to the grave with me…….LOL……I really will.  ;D

:) In God’s Love. Richard.  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 22 queries.