bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bible Interpataions  (Read 5995 times)

Marlene

Bible Interpataions
« on: November 11, 2008, 02:39:57 AM »

Hello, I have been reading and comparing my King James and Niv when I read scriptures. I have been very shocked at what I see. I am aware of Ray's teachings about words meanings can be different in the English then Hebrew or Greek.
In the last church I belonged there was an argument because the preacher was teaching and there were scriptures in the King James that were not in the NIV.

So, today I was reading and ran across another one.
The NIV leaves out Matthew 18:11 :For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.

The NIV deletes Acts 8:37 "And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou maybes. Ane he ansered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God"
The NIv leaves out "Through his Blood" in Colossians 1:14
In 1 John the NIV omits the words: and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

The NIV deletes Mark 11:26 Matheww 24:14 is left out, also the last sentence of Mark 6:11 as well as many other verses and word.

This really scares me because with out the blood of Christ our believe is in vain.
I also, wonder because I know some New Agers teach we don't have sin and also act like they are a God to themselves. I know there is more scriptures but I cannot think of a few I found.  Without that blood we believe in vain.

I want some opinions on this. Also, where could I purchase a good Literal Concordant.  Also, do you know if they have any in large print as my mother would like one. I mean God spoke of those who would add to or take away. They can do that also, by the way they interpret the scriptures.

Has anyone ran into this. Ray has made me what to look at scritpures from other Bibles. I have an New International Version and so far it mathes with the King James. Well, that sure shows us God knows everything. He would never leave us lost. I think now we can see that he does save all. This is really tricky.

In His Love Marlene

aqrinc

Re: Bible Interpataions
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 04:36:42 AM »

Hi Marlene,

Download the esword project: http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4470.0.html
once you set it up you can compare many versions. One thing, you said early in your post
that NIV and KJV do not match; then at the end NIV and KJV match. I think you meant
something else  ??? so please check it and correct.

george.

Hello, I have been reading and comparing my King James and Niv when I read scriptures. I have been very shocked at what I see. I am aware of Ray's teachings about words meanings can be different in the English then Hebrew or Greek.
In the last church I belonged there was an argument because the preacher was teaching and there were scriptures in the King James that were not in the NIV.

So, today I was reading and ran across another one.
The NIV leaves out Matthew 18:11 :For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.

The NIV deletes Acts 8:37 "And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou maybes. Ane he ansered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God"
The NIv leaves out "Through his Blood" in Colossians 1:14
In 1 John the NIV omits the words: and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

The NIV deletes Mark 11:26 Matheww 24:14 is left out, also the last sentence of Mark 6:11 as well as many other verses and word.

This really scares me because with out the blood of Christ our believe is in vain.
I also, wonder because I know some New Agers teach we don't have sin and also act like they are a God to themselves. I know there is more scriptures but I cannot think of a few I found.  Without that blood we believe in vain.

I want some opinions on this. Also, where could I purchase a good Literal Concordant.  Also, do you know if they have any in large print as my mother would like one. I mean God spoke of those who would add to or take away. They can do that also, by the way they interpret the scriptures.

Has anyone ran into this. Ray has made me what to look at scritpures from other Bibles. I have an New International Version and so far it mathes with the King James. Well, that sure shows us God knows everything. He would never leave us lost. I think now we can see that he does save all. This is really tricky.

In His Love Marlene

Heidi

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 05:45:30 AM »

Marlene, benieth is an emailed reply from Ray regarding translations:

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3239.0.html

Translations
« on: January 26, 2007, 07:45:01 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Ray Hello,

Are you reading the Received Text or another Greek version.  How about the Old Testament?

How do we know the translators are translating correctly.  I if you have a chance please call me

At ..................  I have many more questions that I would like to ask you.

By His Grace,       

Albert

Dear Albert:

There is no giant difference in most texts. Most translations from the oldest manuscripts compare all the best manuscripts in their Versions. I consult a dozen or more versions in my study, however, truth is not found in the "most perfect manuscript." The spiritual teaching is found in all manuscripts. The only really GIANT problem with most modern Versions is one of interpretation, not translation. There is no equivalent in either the Hebrew or Greek manuscripts to justify the use of such words as "for ever and ever," "everlasting/evermore," and "eternal." That's it!  Translate olam/aion/aionios properly, and ALL translations will contain the truths of God regardless as to whether some are better or more accurate than others.

I'm sorry, Albert, but there are many people who wish to talk to me on the telephone. I even made the mistake of giving out my number to a few people who would "never abuse" it.  They ALL abused it. I get tens of thousands of emails, and it is not possible for me to chat by emails or telephone with hundreds of people who have thousands of questions. Not to mention the fact that most want to tell me their entire life history in detail. I just can't. I just don't have the time. Hope you understand.

God be with you,

Ray

Kat

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 09:56:35 AM »

Hi Marlene,

Have you seen Tischendorf’s list of spurious Scriptures?  Here is a link. 

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,6638.0.html

He did a very careful study of the Oldest Manuscripts and these listed are not found in them.  It might be helpful to review this list to determine what exactly is Scripture and not a translators addition or deletion.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Marlene

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 02:45:02 PM »

George, That was a mistake they do not match. But, I really am concerned about the scripture where blood was left out. When, we were in church we were never taught to check these things out. I am new to this stuff. I have e-sword now. Thanks for drawing my attention to that.

In His Love,
Marlene

aqrinc

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 05:50:44 PM »

Cool Marlene,

It is so much easier to find and match scriptures most times with esword. I thought that was
a mistake, just wanted to touch with you on it.

george.

Martinez

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2008, 06:51:06 PM »

I have found the NIV to be very doctrinally slanted.

My first bible was a life application bible which was an NIV and it had stuff that had been worded to sound a certain way, you know like the way Christian's do to try and make God fit their image of him.

I can't remember what they are off the top of my head but they were things that would seriously hamper anyones spiritual understanding.

Do yourself a favour and steer well clear of the NIV.

Marlene

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2008, 08:29:15 PM »

Martinez, what do you usually use? I have not liked the NIV thats what the minister from our last church changed to. He was quite the smart alec. He thought know one was smart enough to read there Bibles.

In His L ove Marlene

Martinez

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2008, 10:24:00 PM »

In theory, I use a Rotherham emphasised, but in practice I use a large print KJV and if I'm not sure of a certain passage I'll check it against the Rotherham.

The reason I find myself reading the KJV is because it's just plain easier to read than the Rotherham.

That's just Me though, plus I use e-sword a lot.

Marlene

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2008, 10:46:50 PM »

Thanks Martinez that will help. I have a large print King James Version and so I will use it and e-sword . I am new to all this. Before, I would just read at home or at Bible studies at church and you know how that goes.

I hope you have a better day tomorrow. I have always been a person who likes to help hurting people.

God Bless
Marlene

Martinez

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2008, 11:02:02 PM »

Thankyou very much Marlene ;D

AK4

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2008, 09:18:42 PM »

Both the NIV and KJV leave out this 10,000 precepts in Hos 8:12.  I found this in the NASB. This verse in Hosea adds more to the talents parable given by Jesus in Matt 18.

If i a verse doesnt seem to fit i tend to go to Youngs Literal Translation.  But i also check other translations also. 

I use esword and crosswalk.com to find many translations

Anthony
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 20 queries.