bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2 URGENT dilemna's  (Read 10566 times)

hebrewroots98

Re: 2 URGENT dilemna's
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2008, 09:32:25 AM »

Yes, ladies, you understand, thank you!  I Do have peace in my heart when I just give them over to God to work out for me.  Right now I MUST honor my husband/spiritual covering first and yes, I am praying both for DH as well as brothers.  I think that I would dishonor my DH and bring chaos into our family life (I already have just by bringing it up) and DH would loose all trust in me if I ever lied to him or did this behind his back (he has already told me to not do this behind his back), so I can't in good conscience.  God will have to provide a way for my brothers too.  I have no extra time, energy, or strenght to spend on them right now, unless HE gives it to me (if they lived closer by, yes , but they are 3 hrs away and it's nearly impossible right now with all of the medical appts, litigation, paperwork, insurance attorney, homeschooling, etc....)  Lord knows my heart.... :) 

Till later,
Shalom and blessings,
Ssuan

Ninny

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2008, 09:50:54 AM »

I agree with Lin for sure! and I am glad that you will honor your husband! Your brothers brought their situation on themselves and God will have to deal with them in His way and in His time. It will happen just the way God will have it go.
Many prayers,
Kathy

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2008, 08:18:05 PM »

Dear Friend Susan,

I don't know your situation and am in no position to make any judgments, but I would like to try to help you to see the facts as others may see them.
Please let me begin with the accident.
I don't know the rules or traffic laws in your State so I'll have to estimate a little.
If called to the scene after an accident, the traffic officer in most states takes statements from each driver and any witnesses and to record any physical evidence.  It is not his task to determine who is responsible; not according to the law.  Of course officers sometimes do offer an opinion but that is not binding on the Insurance Company or a Court of Law.  Under insurance regulations the Insurance Company may not sue another person for you.  The insurance contract they have with you is to defend you in the event that you are sued by another.  Another part of the contract is to reimburse you for accidental losses no matter who is at fault.

Of course the officer's report will be taken into consideration by the insurance claims dept., but that is their choice.  There is often misunderstanding after an accident so be careful what you assume.  Also, the officer cannot change a report that has already been filed.  Perhaps a superior officer can add information that was not previously included.
The insurance agent that you use has an ethical obligation to provide good service and keep you informed (within reason) but that is a judgment call.  If you asked for changes in your policy last summer, an ammended policy or a "binder" good for ten days, should have been issued by the agent or by the insurance company home office.  It is your responsibility as driver to be sure that the revised policy was issued or to have a copy of the application that you signed when you asked for the change.  If you didn't ask for a paper copy on official stationery and just trusted the insurance agent to remember then the situation is at least partly your responsibility.  I know that we get used to trusting our agents, but the law doen't require the agent to remember.  That is why we have paper, just in case he has a heart attack and doesn't file the request.  So, my point is that the police officer and the insurance agent don't have ALL the responsibilities that you hoped.

Finally, the person who turned right at a red light after stopping was not in violation of the law by making the right turn.  She may have underestimated your speed and pulled out in front of you at the last minute thinking that she could make it before you got to the intersection.  Can you prove any differently?  Are there witnesses that can prove that she saw you and carelessly caused the accident?  Or was it just human error?  If it was just human error, as far as the evidence indicates, then the police officer was correct to file a "no fault" report.  Each driver is expected to keep their auto under control and be able to stop in case an animal or a child runs out into the street.  Usually both drivers have some partial responsibility for an accident, in that they could have done something to avoid the accident even if they had the right of way.  This may not be the case in your accident, but the insurance company wasn't there and they have to go by what can be proven.

So your options now are to file a civil suit in court at your own expense and hope to recover enough to pay the court expenses and your lawyer IF YOU WIN.

My Family,

Along with the normal pressures and stressors of living a very busy life, I now have two urgent and different situations in which I am currently having to face and I would greatly appreciate your prayers during this trying time.

1-My two adult brothers and their dog are literally DYING from malnutrition as we speak (one was taken by ambulance the other day to the hospital for falling out (malnourished) while attempting to work at roofing (... in exchange for their one bedroom slum apartment that they share.)  I want to help them out by taking them food and some basics since they are too poor to help themselves (they have zero money (till the first of each month when one brother gets only a tiny sum of SS Disability money), no food, personal items, furniture, vehicle etc.. due to the heavy drug lifestyle that they chose to live over the past 30 yrs of their lives...they are in their 40's now and have barely have anything to their names...and no one to help them out except for a church that gives out one free meal on a daily basis and they must walk very far to get there since they are on the outskirts of town and have no vehicle!)  So, my DH (as well as my other siblings) refuse to help these two guys out since "they made their bed, let them lie in it and they have ignored all of our advise in the past."  My senior parents would help if they could, but they are barely making it themselves and yet they want to help and can't.  I do not want to usurp authority over my husband  and disrespect his adamant stance here (he thinks that they guys are still doing drugs),  (all of us have dished out ALOT of money, time, energy, patience, etc...on them in the past with NO THANKS, WITH ONLY DISRESPECT AND HARD TIMES GIVEN TO US BY THEM) but neither can I handle it if they died from me not helping them out.  I feel stuck and do not know what to do here...any thoughts/suggestions?  I am too emotionally involved to see things clearly right now I guess.

2-
2 wks ago I was in a truck crash that TOTALLED my truck (F150 Supercrew Cab...big truck...) as well as (the F-150) truck that the woman who pulled out in front of me was driving; thus I am struggling in different areas  and need some divine intervention here with the following...((we are now at home from the hospital and recovering, thankfully, and are ready to get back into our normal routines again...)
1-my 10 yr old and I both suffered head trauma's...the cat scans showed that all was normal, but I need to feel peace about this particular delicate type of injury...(as well as both of my knees as well as my leg (right above the ankle nearly broke, I have lots of pain and swelling still there.)

Also, the Police officer at the scene of the accident issued a NO FAULT citation/police report to both of us drivers, and clearly it was the fault of the girl whom did not yield while turning on a green light,  when I had the green light (I have been going through this intersection for 28 yrs now without a wreck...) I feel that the girl is lying and that the cop was not willing to put forth the effort to get my side of the story (I was whisked off in the ambulance while the other driver was not even taken to the hopsital), so he spent time with her and then took her word and now I am getting ready this morning to call him and ask him to change the police report since it will make all the difference in me paying my medical and gettin another vehicle bills or not! 

I must go see an attorney tomorrow to see if there is anything that I can do about this police report and it being her fault and not just a NO FAULT ACCIDENT; as well as that my Insurance agent did not do what I asked of him (to change my policy/PIP coverage to a higher amount this last summer,) and how I will be cheated out of what is due me if he doesn't make it right by me; Ugh!!!

thank you so much!
Blessings,
Susan

Ninny

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2008, 10:29:07 PM »

Wow! Indiana Bob!
You are so smart! I am impressed :)
We should know the laws a little better. How do yo know these things? Are you a retired lawyer? Oh maybe you're a retired Judge?! Or are you just really informed!? Now don't tell me it because you've "been around awhile" That's what I tell my grand kids when they say "Wow, Ninny how did you know that?!"  :D :D :D

Oh well, that was great advice, as usual. That is very helpful to know!
Kathy :)

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2008, 01:31:25 PM »

Thanks for the compliment Kathy,

Actually, I'm not that smart, just very curious and experienced.
Much of my life I wanted to know why I had to do some things.
I didn't take well to people ordering me to obey, when they weren't well informed.
So, I went to the source to find out what the rules really were.

In addition I have held several jobs, so I am the example of "a jack of all trades and master of none" always seeking something new and interesting.

Civil Engineering surveyor 1 year, U. S. Air Force 4 years, U.S. Steel mill 1 yr., U.S. Post Office 1 year, City Police Officer 6 years, Insurance agent 5 yrs, Plumber in City Water Dept and Wastewater plant operator then plant manager 20 years, Lab manager in Civil Engineering Dept, U. of Notre Dame 15 years.  Then the most valuable experience was married with four children 47 years.
So, no exceptional successes, lots of failures that taught me some lessons.

I guess that I just like to help and you know where "good intentions" can lead.
The real trick is to wait until we are asked, to give advice.

Anyway, I am finally on the right track and God dragged me over some interesting if painful experiences along the way. 

Wow! Indiana Bob!
You are so smart! I am impressed :)
We should know the laws a little better. How do yo know these things? Are you a retired lawyer? Oh maybe you're a retired Judge?! Or are you just really informed!? Now don't tell me it because you've "been around awhile" That's what I tell my grand kids when they say "Wow, Ninny how did you know that?!"  :D :D :D

Oh well, that was great advice, as usual. That is very helpful to know!
Kathy :)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 07:57:02 PM by indianabob »

Ninny

« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2008, 12:20:28 AM »

Wow! Now I'm even more impressed! That's really cool. I like to learn too, mainly I learn from all the mistakes I make! ;D
I do enjoy your posts!
Kathy :D

Vangie

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2008, 09:03:27 AM »

I hope things are working out for you Susan.  Keep us posted!

Bob, I enjoy your posts as well.  I think I met you in Mobile last year, but was too shy to get to know you or anyone at the time!  Thanks for your thoughtful and timely advice.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

Love in Christ,
Vangie

hebrewroots98

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2008, 02:06:10 AM »

Samson, Indiana bob and ladies...

thank you for the in depth and thoughtful remarks.  The auto accident is in litigation as we speak, so God is ultimately in control as you said.  Soooo much paper work just b/c a girl was too impatient to wait her turn and in her own words to my Dh "I thought I could make the yellow arrow"...which btw, she did recant immediately, lol!  My witnesses saw what happened and they will testify if it comes to that!

As for my brothers, I too have suffered financially b/c of these brothers (whom have the 'I don't care what you think' attitude toward us )(as your experience has been too.)   Thank you for understanding that it is the brothers whom are at fault for their plight and not my DH (sorry if it sounded as though I thought he was to blame...)  You see, I have struggled recently with trying to justify wether my DH was correct in his handling of this matter (of feeding my brothers or not)  (b/c I have a friend whom listens to her (spiritually erring) husband and he is leading her astray from the Bible truths that I had shown her and that she was 'getting' until her husband put a stop to it...therefore she submitted to an erring husband just to appease him when she knew the truth quite well and was too afraid of her husband to create any waves with him...so she is back into living the lies that her DH does...which I think is wrong of her to submit to him under these circumstances, but, that is her life and apparently where God has her for now.  I had compared her submitting to her husbands' spiritual lies versus me submitting to my DH's sound spiritual truths (advice) of not allowing these (whom he believes that they are still lying about doing their drugs) to be around us to where we could possibly lose our child if they were to be in the same vehicle with us and have some drugs on them or plant some drugs in our vehicle)...DH just cannot feel good about protecting us from these lying druggies if he goes into their lives to feed them...I hope you can make the connection between me submitting to a husband who lives the truth versus  my friend whom submits to an erring husband... 

God is going to have to deal with them in HIS way without us in the picture for now...we must know for certain that they are not lying or drugging before DH will help them out!  What a hard decision for me to make too!  I will trust that HE will get the outcome that HE has in HIS plans for them...please just keep these 2 guys in your prayers (Scott and Tim...thank you so much too!)

Blessings,
Susan

hebrewroots98

« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2008, 11:09:04 AM »

Hello everone and blessings in HIM!

I hate to burden youall anymore  but I just found out that my two bothers and the 6 yo boy will be getting evicted tomorrow and that they will have no food, vehicle, place to stay, nor any money to their names;!  There are no homeless shelters in their town, so Please pray for them...  DH does notwant us in their lives or them in ours b/c of the hurt that they are always causing our 10 yr old son who loves them dearly and they care nothing for him....thanks you so very much again for your understanding and prayers...they mean so much to me right now!

Blessings In HIM,
Susan

Ninny

« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2008, 01:39:39 PM »

Susan,
When there is nothing more we can do then God is at his best doing what He CAN do! Prayer is all we can do so that is what we have to do! Pray and believe that God will provide the answers.
Love,
Kathy :-*

hebrewroots98

« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2008, 02:44:24 PM »

AMEN Kathy!  Earnestly praying here and knowing that HE will provide for them...(I just hate to see them suffer...it is only 18 degrees outside right now and I hear that they all have colds as well.)  I am patiently waiting to hear their outcome...
blessings,
Susan

Ninny

« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2008, 04:02:39 PM »

Susan, I know that it hurts you to love them so and not be able to help, but God is not far from you.
Praying for your strength.
Kathy

Jackie Lee

« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2008, 04:56:36 PM »

AMEN Kathy!  Earnestly praying here and knowing that HE will provide for them...(I just hate to see them suffer...it is only 18 degrees outside right now and I hear that they all have colds as well.)  I am patiently waiting to hear their outcome...
blessings,
Susan
I am praying for all, it is so hard to see the ones we love suffer.
Unfortunately there are some that just can't seem to survive regardless.
It seems like many families have those that have gotten mixed up with drugs etc along the way.
We can only love them and pray for them.

hebrewroots98

« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2008, 12:34:16 AM »

Thank you Jackie Lee!!!  (Ijt's working so far b/c the Landlord has not come by to kick them out today....) :)

hebrewroots98

« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2008, 02:10:54 PM »

GOOD NEWS TODAY FRIENDS!  I just learned that my brother got a house to stay in with his boy and his boys' mother.   It is not ideal, but they are out of the cold for  the next month, whew!!!!  (WHAT AN AWESOME AMAZING GOD THAT WE HAVE AND WHO BLESSES THE DISIRES OF OUR HEARTS!!!!) 

THANKS FOR YOUR PRAYERS BROTHERS AND SISTERS; AND PLEASE CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR THEM AS THE SPIRIT LEADS YOU...

BLESSINGS,
SUSAN 

OBrenda

« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2008, 02:15:01 PM »

Good to hear of God's mercy,
Brenda
 :)

gmik

« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2008, 11:14:38 PM »

Amen!!!  God is Faithful.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 23 queries.