bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: To many ifs.  (Read 10916 times)

eggi

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: To many ifs.
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2008, 07:13:54 PM »

Hi Richard,

I appreciate how you took the time to mention each one of the persons who replied to your post! That's priceless!
God bless you! i hope your doubts are disappearing little by little.

Thank you brother for sharing so open-hearted!

Eirik
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

Fester

• Yes a pancake!
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2008, 07:54:06 PM »

JUST A CLOSER WALK WITH THEE

Just a closer walk with Thee,
Grant it, Jesus, is my plea,
Daily walking close to Thee,
Let it be, dear Lord, let it be.

I am weak, but Thou art strong;
Jesus, keep me from all wrong;
I’ll be satisfied as long
As I walk, let me walk close to Thee.

Through this world of toil and snares,
If I falter, Lord, who cares?
Who with me my burden shares?
None but Thee, dear Lord, none but Thee.

When my feeble life is o’er,
Time for me will be no more;
Guide me gently, safely o’er
To Thy kingdom shore, to Thy shore.
"Christianity began as a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. When it went to Athens, it became a philosophy. When it went to Rome, it became an organization. When it went to Europe, it became a culture. When it came to America, it became a business."

Marlene

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2008, 05:12:27 PM »

Hello, All , this post touched me. My computer broke and I have not been online for two days. I have a new one and am so excited to be back with all the people I love. I have had  one of the hardest times of my life. I have lived my a nieghbor of mine for 17 years. She has been very hard to handle for years. Her husband is dead and my husband cut her grass for years and fixed things for her at no cost for 5 years. Then we ran into hard times because I am waiting for my disability. She  would call me all times of the day when whe was not working. Even talk to me while we ate. Get my husband to do crazy thinks like call her dog to come into the house if it would not come in. Never, once did we complain or tell you. It got to where she was getting into all our private business. She would buy us something for our birthdays and christmas and the other day she got mad at me for nothing and asked that everything she bought us be  returned. We would often have her over for meals and he would go the extra mile to help her because she had no husband. If, something seemed good to happen to us she acted jealous. I have many health problems and she is aware of it. She wanted me to take her over to the hospital to have a shot because she was not suppose to drive after it. It was a planned procedure so my husband took his day off to do it . She called and had changed her mind. She was mad. Sometimes since I have been seriously ill my sugars go high for no reason and I have not drove for two years. I was afraid to drive her car or mine. So, I am pretty sure this all started it.  Anyways, my husband took the things over very nicely and told her she would have to find someone for the work she needs. My husband is a hard worker and barely has time for us. We let alot of our work go in our home for her. She even had my 87 year old mother upset and she has heart problems and was not able to sleep well for two days. I had about this on prayer request for advice and Joe  helped me. I am sure there are other post since I have been there, but I know now that she made the decision to take gifts back that the only way to live by her is not to contact each other. All, I want is to live in peace. I actually think that she over step her bounds and a neighbor. We have another neighbor who lives on the other side of us who is widowed and my husband helps her , but she has never overstep her bounds.

I really had great sadness about all of this, but now I have peace because we gave her 17 years of ourselves. We cannot live peaceful and I believe God would rather this , then for her to fight with us. My husband is one of the kidness human beings I have ever known. I am not well and don't need it. I believe god knows our heart and that there is some personalities you can't get along with. She fights with all her Sisters who live away from her. Talks to them terrible.

But, what I want to say is I missed you all dearly for the last two days, and every one of you who posted touched me and helped me see the beauty in people who God is making in his image.

In HIs Love,
Marlene

Richard D

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2008, 06:16:31 PM »

Hello Marlene.

Glad to hear you purchase a new computer and have access to the forum again, I was ready to call red cross to see what’s going on and where you been……..LOL

Good to hear from you again. I have read your story about your neighbor and it sounds like something right out of a Steven King movie, anyways my advise to you would be simply move on with your life and be sure to check caller ID when your phone rings and place a do not disturb sign for your front door.

In plain English put your neighbor into God’s hands and let the relationship go as to me it does not sound like a mutual relationship anyways but never stop praying for her.

Life is filled with many ifs we call gray areas and some people are like a gentle breeze while others are like a stormy night we wish we could calm but between the contrast of the two we grow like the flowers do when they receive the rain along with the sunshine and in the end we know we will all be in His family.

While we are on this journey God place before us let us take things in strive unto the day we die knowing our ending will far out weight our beginning and God will wipe away all tears and turn our sorrow into joy for evermore.

And when we look back at this craze life we all have experience we will understand why God did it this way and the tears we cried today will make perfect sense when God puts upon our face a smile that shall never fade because death and sin shall be a thing of the past and for this we shall all truly be thankful at last.

In God’s Love. Richard.

Richard D

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2008, 06:19:05 PM »

Fester.

That’s a beautiful poem, thank you for taking the time to post it. How true it is my friend.

In God’s Love. Richard.

Fester

• Yes a pancake!
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2008, 09:11:21 PM »

Fester.

That’s a beautiful poem, thank you for taking the time to post it. How true it is my friend.

In God’s Love. Richard.

A beautiful hymn too!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x32jnm_randy-travis-just-a-closer-walk-wit_music

"Just A Closer Walk With Thee" is a very old hymn and the author is unknown.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 09:15:45 PM by Fester »
"Christianity began as a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. When it went to Athens, it became a philosophy. When it went to Rome, it became an organization. When it went to Europe, it became a culture. When it came to America, it became a business."

Richard D

« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2008, 09:29:06 PM »

Fester.

I was not sure if it was a poem or a hymn but one thing I do know, if Musicman finds out I did not know the difference I’ll be sure to get a big fat F from him. Life is full of surprises……………LOL   ;D

Richard.

Marlene

« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2008, 03:30:59 PM »

Hello, That song is beautiful. It is one of my Mothers favorite. When, I was in Babylon churches I often sang solos. I have a song I use to sing called Broken and Spilled out. Now, I just sing for him. I often catch myself sing that one to him when, I go into my closet. After, all I like it because no one aplauds me. But, the glory is all his.

Richard, Thanks for you discussing how my friend has treated me. It was taken of by God. She got mad and asked for any gifts she ever bought me back. So, we gave them to her. I never askedc for anything back I did it because I wanted to. I do Pray for her evernight. I do thanks god that I am at peace now and don't have to cringe every time the phone rangs. Also, she told me I hold grudges. I cannot tell you how many times she liked to fight. I hate fighting and I always forgave her. Times I did not want to,but I know the Lord wanted me too. But, he also wants us to live in peace and if that means to give up something that is hurting us and always fighting its not good. I belive the Lord knows some personalities you can not have peace with in this world of ours. I gave her my heart and love, I did my best. I would pray for her all the time. When, she was ill with a cold I called her and checked on her and also gave up my cough med that I had just bought. This was all recent. If, I held grudges do you think I would have put up with this for 17 years. She wants to control people she is not able to even treat her flesh and blood nice. But, there was times she would seem geninue and then a few weeks after doing something nice throw slams at you. My conscience is clear that I did all I could do to promote peace. I know, that is was only god doing it through me. I believe he thought now was the time to break it off. But, he actually took care of that too. I did not break it off she is mad. It was a very bad situation.  But, I Love her and I pray for her. All, that I can do.

Sometime I will put the words of Broken and Spilled Out on here for all to read. This song was always hard for me to sing because I wanted to cry even when I was in Babylon.  I know that I learned many things there. But , on here I find truths that have set me free. I love you all.

In His Love,
Marlene

Richard D

« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2008, 08:40:21 PM »

Marlene.

I’m delighted to hear your issue has come to its end and you finally have peace in your life again. :)

I don’t believe you hold grudges Marlene but this I will say, after giving everything she had given you back to her upon her request, you should of charge her storage interest for the space they took up in your home…..LOL………….Just kidding.  ;D

I can hardly wait for you to post that song Broken and Spilled Out cause that’s how I feel sometimes too.  :(

God Bless and take care, your friend and brother in the Lord Richard.  ;)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 18 queries.