bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Diverse beliefs  (Read 4159 times)

orion77

Diverse beliefs
« on: May 25, 2006, 05:54:22 PM »

My wife and I were working in the garden today, when a couple of Jehovah Witnesses came by to visit.  They believe in the annihalation of the wicked, instead of eternal fiery hell as most.  We were talking of this subject, when a sister-in-law came to visit, now she is a strong believer in hell.  

She calls the JWs crazy people for what they believe.  The point is, they are both wrong, but try and explain it, is like banging my head against a wall.  They think they are both wrong and crazy, so I must be a little extra crazy to believe the way I do.   :lol:  :lol:

Some can get so indoctrinated, they simply will not listen to any number of scriptures.  They simply follow blindly without searching for the truth.  It is much easier in this world to be socially religious, to go along with the flow.  

Coincedence or not, it was interesting that this happened while we were working in the garden.  If you grow your own vegetables, you know it takes a lot of work to have a good harvest.  

God bless,

Gary

Becky

Diverse beliefs
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 06:01:39 PM »

thanks for sharing gary!   The frustration can drive ya crazy!  I was just watching Mikes video on trying the spirits again, and it had to do with waht you are talking about.  If you've watched/heard it, I hope it encoouraged you in this event!

orion77

Diverse beliefs
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 12:55:38 AM »

Thanks Becky,

I have had to learn the hard way, that people will not come to the truth until God Himself drags them.  This is the way it was for me and it is this way for all of us.  So, it is easy to discern who God is working in.  To try and argue with these people is futile.  

When we have the eyes and ears to see and hear, then we will be receptive.  The best thing is to be loving and not judgmental.  They will look back one day and see our sincerity.  

These JWs have been coming back over and over again.  They have told me, wow, you have a very good knowledge of scripture without going to church.  I tell them, church is when two or more come together in His name.  God requires more than one day a week, or two, or maybe even three days a week and 10% of our income.  We must follow Jesus and give our life, which the truth is, it's not our life in the first place.  They don't know what to say, trying to thumb through their bibles to refute what I say.  They have come to our home with two carloads of people to discuss scripture.  It has been interesting to me, not to brag, but God has given me very strong faith.  And this has only occured through much trials, tribulations and persecution.

Trials, tribulations, and persecution is not what mainstream christianity wants to talk about.  They seem to like to talk about the conclusion or the end of things, without letting you know about the things we must go through to achieve the ends.

People who believe in hell or annilation, deceived they are, but I still love them no matter what they might say or think about me.  The whole matter of faith has nothing to do with me, per se, it is a gift from God.  Just because God has allowed me to see things and others not, should I judge them and call them names, the way they do me?  No, not at all, because we now know the day will come for them, that they shall see these things.  Then we shall be equal having no preminence over one another.  All the glory goes to Him, period.

Sorry, Becky, sometimes I get going and cannot stop.  The truth is the best thing I've come across in this life.

God bless,

Gary

Becky

Diverse beliefs
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 10:25:59 AM »

naaah that's great! That is definately a true struggle that we are to face... i feel like it sometimes relates to my dogs... how i want then to understand me , but they just can't... i don't love them anyless though.  I dont judge them because they dont understand.. it's just who they are made to be!  

gee I was really meant to be thinking deeeply today... my head hurts ;)

(do you know how to insert a picture that i use as wallpaper)

Becky

Diverse beliefs
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 11:02:41 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 16 queries.