bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Will "WE" remember our sin  (Read 6453 times)

Longhorn

Will "WE" remember our sin
« on: November 13, 2008, 01:18:59 PM »

I was studying in Job chap 11, and while reading verse 16, I noticed (more like God opened my eyes for a second) how quickly and easily it is to miss the heart of the scripture.  Job Chap 11: verse 16 (NKJV)  thou shalt "FORGET" thy misery(sin) and "REMEMBER" it as waters that pass away.

In only 2 lines of one verse we are told we will Forget our sin, and Remember also.  At first I thought this "Remembering" of our sin referred to only while we are still in the flesh.  But are we not still referred to "As Beast and Seraphim" even after the resurrection and we are perfected and are around the throne of God?  I makes me think we will always have knowledge where we came, "Out of the ground, Out of Darkness. 

Or maybe it is referring to the "Elect" after the resurrection ( spiritual bodies, but still with CARNAL MINDS)  before going into the LOF.  I hope and pray someday I will not remember my sins.

Notice is said the ELECT not the CHOSEN.

Love in Christ

Longhorn

mharrell08

Re: Will "WE" remember our sin
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 01:39:50 PM »

Or maybe it is referring to the "Elect" after the resurrection ( spiritual bodies, but still with CARNAL MINDS)  before going into the LOF.  I hope and pray someday I will not remember my sins.

Notice is said the ELECT not the CHOSEN.

Hello Longhorn,

1 Cor 15:50  Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

Rom 8:7  Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Carnal minds do not inherit spiritual bodies. Also, the Elect are the chosen and faithful. They are the Lake of Fire along with Christ.

Excerpt from LOF series #12 (http://bible-truths.com/lake12.html):

Therefore, we, the Saints, the Body of Christ, the consuming fire ministers of God, the saviours of Mt. Zion, the manifested Sons and Daughters of God, along with our Head, Jesus Christ, also ARE THE LAKE OF FIRE!

THERE IS NO LITERAL LAKE, AND THERE IS NO LITERAL FIRE. Jesus Christ and His Body of Saints ARE THE LAKE OF JUDGING, PURIFYING, CONSUMING SPIRITUAL FIRE!!!

Also, having knowledge requires knowing good and evil. What would be the purpose of overcoming the world if we don't remember what we overcame? Christ did not forget everything regarding his earthly ministry once he was resurrected, so why would we? Just something to think on...

Marques

Kat

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 01:51:50 PM »

Hi Longhorn,

I do not believe that "misery" is referring to 'sin.'

Job 11:16 For you would forget the misery (trouble, labor, toil); You would remember it only like waters that have passed. (CLV)

If you think of this as when a women gives birth, she is indeed in "misery."  But afterwards she does not remember all the pain so much.  You still remember the experience, but the pain is in the pass "like waters that have passed" and it is not distressing to think on it anymore.  Well this is my experience with this anyway  :)

John 16:21  A woman, when she is in labor, has sorrow because her hour has come; but as soon as she has given birth to the child, she no longer remembers the anguish, for joy that a human being has been born into the world.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Richard D

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 04:04:07 PM »

Longhorn.

I find these scripture to be of help as far as us remembering our sins.

Rev 21:4  and he shall wipe away every tear from their eyes; and death shall be no more; neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain, any more: the first things are passed away.
Rev 21:5  And he that sitteth on the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he saith, Write: for these words are faithful and true.

So it sounds like to me even if we do remember our sins it won’t be a condemning type of remembering.

Hope that’s helps.  In God’s Love. Richard.

Martinez

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2008, 04:14:27 PM »

There would be no point to us not remembering our sins anymore, since that is why We have had to go through this who thing in the first place, to have a knowledge of good and evil.

Gen 3:22  And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

Here is what I think is the spiritual match for that verse in Job.

Rom 8:18  For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

Ninny

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2008, 04:29:14 PM »

Hi Longhorn!
I think these answers you got are right. Since everything will have been made new, that has to mean every other thing will have been done away with! Our sins are not going to be remembered. Remembering them would only serve to make you sad and condemned, also there is no more 'accuser of the brethren'. satan plays your life back to you like a seemingly endless video loop to make you feel hopeless and lost. God doesn't play mind games with you  Longhorn, satan does that and if there is any remembrance of past sins I think it will be like Kat and Richard have described! You won't be condemned then.
Peace my brother!
Kathy ;)

Robin

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2008, 04:41:23 PM »

I have a few sins that I am no longer bound to. God freed me with the truth. When I remember those sins I remember the great power of God that overcame and the love and mercy and forgiveness he showed me through that time when I deserved it the very least. My love for God grew during those times. I learned humility and extreme gratitude. It is like being a slave in Egypt and seeing the power of a loving God part the Sea and deliver his people from bondage.

I don't want to forget that.

Martinez

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2008, 04:49:44 PM »

We no longer feel condemned for the naughty things we did as children do We?

What M.G said about His love for God growing, it made this verse of scripture come to mind.

Luk 7:47  Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little.
Luk 7:48  And he said unto her, Thy sins are forgiven.

hillsbororiver

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2008, 10:07:50 AM »

Hi Longhorn,

Thanks for bringing up this topic, I concur with the others who stated that although we will remember our trials and tribulations we will no longer bear the guilt or misery our sinful state can produce within us.

Once we have a better understanding (after "the change") of this creation process we are now experiencing we will see how necessary it was for God to give us this experience of good and evil in this flesh. We will then see why each of us were given different obstacles to overcome, different temptations to be susceptible to and different weaknesses to be strengthened by. It will become perfectly clear that these things had to happen to make each and every Son and Daughter of God a unique creation. This understanding will certainly dissipate any shame or guilt that we may currently deal with, believe me I know the feeling!

I kept reading through Job Chapter 11 and it became evident to me that this was indeed a prophecy of the Elect's journey with Job being a shadow of the fulfilment, reading Chapter 10 really helped to put this into perspective for me.

Look at Job in his real broken, ground to powder condition;

Job 10

1My soul is weary of my life; I will leave my complaint upon myself; I will speak in the bitterness of my soul.

2I will say unto God, Do not condemn me; shew me wherefore thou contendest with me.

3Is it good unto thee that thou shouldest oppress, that thou shouldest despise the work of thine hands, and shine upon the counsel of the wicked?

4Hast thou eyes of flesh? or seest thou as man seeth?

5Are thy days as the days of man? are thy years as man's days,

6That thou enquirest after mine iniquity, and searchest after my sin?

7Thou knowest that I am not wicked; and there is none that can deliver out of thine hand.

8Thine hands have made me and fashioned me together round about; yet thou dost destroy me.

9Remember, I beseech thee, that thou hast made me as the clay; and wilt thou bring me into dust again?

10Hast thou not poured me out as milk, and curdled me like cheese?

11Thou hast clothed me with skin and flesh, and hast fenced me with bones and sinews.

12Thou hast granted me life and favour, and thy visitation hath preserved my spirit.

13And these things hast thou hid in thine heart: I know that this is with thee.

14If I sin, then thou markest me, and thou wilt not acquit me from mine iniquity.

15If I be wicked, woe unto me; and if I be righteous, yet will I not lift up my head. I am full of confusion; therefore see thou mine affliction;

16For it increaseth. Thou huntest me as a fierce lion: and again thou shewest thyself marvellous upon me.

17Thou renewest thy witnesses against me, and increasest thine indignation upon me; changes and war are against me.

18Wherefore then hast thou brought me forth out of the womb? Oh that I had given up the ghost, and no eye had seen me!

19I should have been as though I had not been; I should have been carried from the womb to the grave.

20Are not my days few? cease then, and let me alone, that I may take comfort a little,

21Before I go whence I shall not return, even to the land of darkness and the shadow of death;

22A land of darkness, as darkness itself; and of the shadow of death, without any order, and where the light is as darkness.

Now in the next chapter he receives the message of hope and promise;

Job 11

1Then answered Zophar the Naamathite, and said,

2Should not the multitude of words be answered? and should a man full of talk be justified?

3Should thy lies make men hold their peace? and when thou mockest, shall no man make thee ashamed?

4For thou hast said, My doctrine is pure, and I am clean in thine eyes.

5But oh that God would speak, and open his lips against thee;

6And that he would shew thee the secrets of wisdom, that they are double to that which is! Know therefore that God exacteth of thee less than thine iniquity deserveth.

7Canst thou by searching find out God? canst thou find out the Almighty unto perfection?

8It is as high as heaven; what canst thou do? deeper than hell; what canst thou know?

9The measure thereof is longer than the earth, and broader than the sea.

10If he cut off, and shut up, or gather together, then who can hinder him?

11For he knoweth vain men: he seeth wickedness also; will he not then consider it?

12For vain men would be wise, though man be born like a wild a@@'s colt.

13If thou prepare thine heart, and stretch out thine hands toward him;

14If iniquity be in thine hand, put it far away, and let not wickedness dwell in thy tabernacles.

15For then shalt thou lift up thy face without spot; yea, thou shalt be stedfast, and shalt not fear:

16Because thou shalt forget thy misery, and remember it as waters that pass away:

17And thine age shall be clearer than the noonday: thou shalt shine forth, thou shalt be as the morning.

18And thou shalt be secure, because there is hope; yea, thou shalt dig about thee, and thou shalt take thy rest in safety.

19Also thou shalt lie down, and none shall make thee afraid; yea, many shall make suit unto thee.

20But the eyes of the wicked shall fail, and they shall not escape, and their hope shall be as the giving up of the ghost.

Peace,

Joe

Martinez

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2008, 08:59:10 PM »

Longhorn,

When God speaks of remembering, I'd say it's not a stretch to say that He means to dwell on something the way We do now when We fall short.

Here's a few examples that I found where God remembered things.

Gen 8:1  And God remembered Noah, and every living thing, and all the cattle that was with him in the ark: and God made a wind to pass over the earth, and the waters asswaged;

Gen 19:29  And it came to pass, when God destroyed the cities of the plain, that God remembered Abraham, and sent Lot out of the midst of the overthrow, when he overthrew the cities in the which Lot dwelt.

Gen 30:22  And God remembered Rachel, and God hearkened to her, and opened her womb.

Gen 30:23  And she conceived, and bare a son; and said, God hath taken away my reproach:

Exo 2:24  And God heard their groaning, and God remembered his covenant with Abraham, with Isaac, and with Jacob.

I'd say it was pretty fair to say that God hadn't forgotten those things.

With human beings, We tend to forget a lot, but with God it is just not possible to forget and We will like Him.

Marlene

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2008, 10:48:11 PM »

Hello , I think there were many good replies. All I want to add is that I can already see when I look back in my life many pieces fitting the puzzle. The trials that I have had in past already speak for themselves. I have learned from them. The fall into sin has been teaching me also. Some he has given me victory over and others he will in his time. Now, I can look back at trials and sins I hated and see they brought me to where he wants me. I don't want to forget them because they I believe keep me from repeating them. But, now I know when I fall he will deliver me. When, trials come he is with me. It took me years to learn and go through them all. Goes to show he is patient and longsuffering. Wow, what a Great God we serve. He never forsakes us.

In His Love,
Marlene

EKnight

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2008, 04:44:51 PM »

First off, I think Kat hit the nail on the head.  I would have used the same "birthing mother" analogy.

Secondly, this verse
and "REMEMBER" it as waters that pass away.

Do you remember waters that pass away?  I would think this means that you DON'T remember.

Just my take.

Eileen

Marlene

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2008, 05:43:15 PM »

Maybe we will not remember our sins, because will will be sin free and have no need to remember like Eileen and Kat showed scripture.  I personally don't think I would be to happy remembering those days in the next life.

In His Love,
Marlene

I think in my present life I need to remember where I came from so as not to return to it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.