bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Entering through the 'strait gate' and the 'narrow way'...  (Read 4017 times)

chrissiela

Was going through some old studies and came across this one...

Mat 7:13  
Enter ye in at the strait [stenos] gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

Mat 7:14  Because strait is the gate, and narrow [thlibō] is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.[/list:u]

What is interesting is how this word thlibo; is used in other verses.

Check it out:

2Co 1:6  And whether we be
afflicted, it is for your consolation and salvation, which is effectual in the enduring of the same sufferings which we also suffer: or whether we be comforted, it is for your consolation and salvation.

2Co 4:8  We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;

2Co 7:5  For, when we were come into Macedonia, our flesh had no rest, but we were troubled on every side; without were fightings, within were fears.

1Th 3:4  For verily, when we were with you, we told you before that we should suffer tribulation; even as it came to pass, and ye know.

2Th 1:7  And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,

1Ti 5:10  Well reported of for good works; if she have brought up children, if she have lodged strangers, if she have washed the saints' feet, if she have relieved the afflicted, if she have diligently followed every good work.

Heb 11:37  They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented;[/list:u]

Now notice this verse:

Act 14:22  Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that
we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.[/list:u]

Chrissie

love_magnified

Entering through the 'strait gate' and the 'narrow way'...
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 06:49:32 PM »

Here is the followthrough:

Kingdom = life

From Paul: "For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves" (Colossians 1:13)

And we know what the purpose of the kingdom is...

Daniel

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 07:06:16 PM »

Amen Love_Magnified

Rev 3:8 I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door[/u], and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.

2Peter 1:11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Col 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the "power of darkness", and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

Rev 21:25 And the gates of it shall not be shut at all BY DAY: for there shall be NO NIGHT "THERE".[/u]

Ye were "sometimes in darkness" but now ye are LIGHT in the Lord WALK as Children of the light

Rev 22:5 And there shall be no night THERE; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

Daniel

Daniel

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 07:43:46 PM »

Hey you guys see the connections? These are spiritual words to me

1Thes 5:5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of THE DAY: WE are NOT of the night, NOR of darkness.[/u]

Children of THE DAY... Think this "day" is AS a "thousand years"? Given its being "children OF IT"? Notice how its written a Day is WITH "The Lord" is AS a thousand years and as thousand years as a day. 2Peter 3:8

The way its "worded" it goes back and forth between WITH and IN, hidden like, you know how He does that :lol:

Romans 5:17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more THEY which RECEIVE abundance of GRACE and of the GIFT of righteousness SHALL REIGN IN LIFE BY ONE, Jesus Christ.)[/u]

1Titus 4:8 For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of THE LIFE that NOW IS, and "of that" which IS TO COME.[/u]

1Cr 15:19 IF IN THIS LIFE ONLY we have hope in Christ, "we are of all men" most miserable.[/u]

Just have me looking in this direction, you guys get me stirred up thinking always :lol:

Daniel
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 20 queries.