bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Healing and prayer?  (Read 4262 times)

nightmare sasuke

Healing and prayer?
« on: May 25, 2006, 07:37:28 PM »

I realize that the mission of Bible Truths is to heal people spiritually. However, I have a question:

In Jesus’ day Jesus healed people physically. The apostle’s healed people physically too. While the flesh prophets nothing, physical healings are necessary for babes in Christ and unbelievers. So my question is, how can we obtain the Biblical gift of healing, as the Apostles did?

The Apostles were God’s elect, and healed physically. We’re God’s elect, shouldn’t we too?

What I’m getting at is… we’re all one body of Christ. So shouldn’t some of us seek these gifts?

Physical healing is just as necessary to the babes in Christ just as much as spiritual healing is necessary for those that are beginning to have eyes to see.

What do you think?

I want to eventually be a preacher... or something... I should be able to help people physically like the Apostles did.

jennifer

Healing and Prayer
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 08:15:36 PM »

The miraculous gifts of healing which were witnessed in the early Christian congregation passed away by the first century.  By that time Christ's disciples were busy with the work of sharing (telling) the Good News.   In today's world Christ's disciples are only admonished to do God's will, namely sharing the knowledge of eternal life, so that all come to an accurate knowledge through the wisdom and grace now offered.  Our biggest obstacle in helping those who cannot see, hear or understand is accepting the fact that our carnal mind is always trying to overshadow God's will.  (Remember, Man is the Beast!)  The gifts of fruitage of the spirit are the armor we should now use in our work.   The final healing will be done on all mankind by God. (Rev. 22:12)
Grace be with you.

love_magnified

Healing and prayer?
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 09:50:11 PM »

For me it is simple. You attain it through the faith Christ has allotted to you. If his plan is for you to be a sign for him, he will do it. If his plan is for somone to be healed, he will work through you to do it or not do it. If his plan is not for that purpose, it won't happen.

gmik

Healing & Prayer
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 10:17:27 PM »

There are plenty of times we get healed.  I know of miraculous ones and ones that doctors and medicine healed.  Ray has said he has prayed for people to get healed and some did and some didn't. I believe we should always pray for healing if it be His Will...

SteveB

Re: Healing and prayer?
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 01:00:02 AM »

Quote from: nightmare sasuke
I realize that the mission of Bible Truths is to heal people spiritually. However, I have a question:

In Jesus’ day Jesus healed people physically. The apostle’s healed people physically too. While the flesh prophets nothing, physical healings are necessary for babes in Christ and unbelievers. So my question is, how can we obtain the Biblical gift of healing, as the Apostles did?

The Apostles were God’s elect, and healed physically. We’re God’s elect, shouldn’t we too?

What I’m getting at is… we’re all one body of Christ. So shouldn’t some of us seek these gifts?

Physical healing is just as necessary to the babes in Christ just as much as spiritual healing is necessary for those that are beginning to have eyes to see.

What do you think?

I want to eventually be a preacher... or something... I should be able to help people physically like the Apostles did.

NS, remember that the flesh profits nothing. I'd love to be able to heal physically but we need to be concerned with REAL healing.

Personaly i have a GREAT thorn in my flesh that i wish was healed but I know its there to keep me humble because of the revelations i've been given.

And everymorning i wake up and that thorn is still there i can glory in it because i know its for my good:)

IF you recall Paul's gift was taken from him for physical healing. Thats written for our admonition. We need to be concerned the 'greater things' and not with the 'these things'.

Those (physical healings) were for a wicked and perverse generation and were because of the unbelief. Healing flesh needs not be on our list. We pray and ask for healing but greater faith comes when our prayers are not answered. But the fervant prayer of a righteous man avails much so pray Gods will be done.

And good luck with the preacher gig:) Its a tough crowd out there in the world.  :?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 16 queries.