bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why Mary  (Read 11240 times)

hammerandnails

Re: Why Mary
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2008, 04:12:01 PM »

ANYTHING and ANYBODY that you place above the Lord in your heart, is an idol, hence idolatry! (Math.10:37

Whoever and whatever is on the altar of your heart you will worship!!

Him alone must be in your heart! ;D

If you study the tabernacle, in the Holiest (where the Ark of the Covenant is), where the high priest entered
once a year to offer sacrifices for him and for the people, THAT PLACE IS SO SMALL THAT THERE WAS NO ROOM IN THERE EXEPT FOR THE PRIEST AND THE ARK.

NO ROOM FOR ANYTHING!!!

LOVE,
ARIEL

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2008, 03:05:51 PM »

Here is a question to ponder...why did Jesus at the cross give John "custody" of His Mother and not Peter, or John's older brother James or to his half younger brother James (who later became part of the church)?

beloved

Hey Carol,
Maybe John was more "mature"?

Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

indianabob

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2008, 12:40:34 PM »

Ariel,

Thanks for the information and concordance references.

Regarding the name Mary indicating that Jesus' mother was neither HOLY or SWEET as you indicated below.  I refer to Luke 1:38 where Mary seems to be obedient and compliant with the instructions given by the angel Gabriel and later in verse 46-50 she praises God for what has been done to her.

Certainly she was surprised and concerned for her future, but that doesn't seem to convey bitterness/rebellion.  Of course we don't know all of her feelings, but contrast her reaction with that of Zacharias the priest, the father of John the baptizer, who was blameless and yet didn't believe the angel of God and was struck dumb.

Regarding her "holiness" I refer to Strongs #40 (Gk) hagios where the definition is as follows:  "fundamentally signifies separated, or devoted to God's service", and Strongs #6944 (Heb) godesh = "dedicated, consecrated, as "a holy vessel".

Certainly she was not without sin as was the life conceived in her, but why should we attribute to her an attitude of bitterness or rebellion?  I think perhaps we are reading into scripture something that may not have been intended by the author.

Thank you for considering my comments.

Kindly, Indiana Bob

Hello, Eileen,

excerpt:

Mary means rebellious, bitter (gk.#3137) from #0413 (Heb) meaning the same thing, from #04805 (Heb.) which means rebellion, bitterness.

"And when they came to Marah (#04785, bitter, from#04751-Mar, bitter, the root word for Mary)
                  they could not drink of the waters of Marah, for they were bitter: therefore the name of it was called Marah." Exo.15:23

"And Moses cried to the Lord; (see v. 24) and the LORD show him a tree[the cross], which when he
                  had cast into the waters (see James3), the waters were made sweet:....." v.25

Mary was neither holy nor sweet, but bitter and rebellious (before the Lord was born), as from the seed of the apple
that Eve ate (the tree of knowledge of good[sweet] and evil[bitter]), which came to us through generations!
We are bitter, made sweet by the cross!!! ;D
We carry the seeds of bitterness:

"Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God(after we have been made sweet);
                       lest ANY ROOT OF BITTERNESS SPRINGING UP TRUBLE YOU, and thereby MANY BE DEFILED;" Heb.12:15

I hope this helps.

Lost in His Love
Ariel

hammerandnails

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2008, 03:27:54 PM »

Dear Bob,

The norm of your kindness, patience and love that you portray humbles me every time.
Your advice toward me never failed. In Romania there is a saying: If you don't have a wise older father in your house, go and buy one!
I value and respect your opinion as an older father, and I promise that I will look into it.
Perhaps I jumped into conclusions. Please do not show any catholic my post! I have enough
persecution to deal with for the time being. LOL ;D ;D
I will get back to you on Mary after I had studied a bit more.

And since we are robed from being face to face that I might give you a holy hug,
I warmly greet you with a holy kiss :-*

Yours truly,
Ariel

indianabob

« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2008, 04:27:56 PM »

Why thank you Ariel,  Much appreciated.

I will anticipate your researched response.

However, you should know that I show all my messages to my lovely wife so I must share that holy kiss with her.

Love and hugs, "ole" Indiana Bob
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.