bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: who went kicking and screaming(draged)  (Read 7475 times)

winner08

who went kicking and screaming(draged)
« on: November 16, 2008, 01:35:18 PM »

I was reading the post Jonha's Gourd and it got me thinking about free will. You know how many people say we choose to come to God or we can reject God. Well we know this is not true. We know that If and when God wants us He will Drag us to him kicking and screaming if that is what it takes. Question: can you name someone in the Bible whom God called, that did not want to go. What I guess I am trying to say is someone like Paul who was totally against God and His people. Somebody like that.
1. Darren :D
2. Paul

those who are not interested need not to apply. :D :D

EKnight

Re: who went kicking and screaming(draged)
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 01:42:15 PM »

I was reading the post Jonha's Gourd and it got me thinking about free will. You know how many people say we choose to come to God or we can reject God. Well we know this is not true. We know that If and when God wants us He will Drag us to him kicking and screaming if that is what it takes. Question: can you name someone in the Bible whom God called, that did not want to go. What I guess I am trying to say is someone like Paul who was totally against God and His people. Somebody like that.
1. Darren  :D
2. Paul
3. Eileen

those who are not interested need not to apply.  :D :D

Richard D

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 02:19:04 PM »

Hi Daren,

I believe Paul always loved God and would of died for God in fact Paul did die for God in the end but in the beginning Paul believe Jesus was not the messiah and had a zeal to destroy those who would pervert the faith he believe in.

But on the road to Damascus Paul said Lord who are you and followed Jesus ever since.

Now I know Joanna tried to go one way when God told him to go another way but in the end Joanna went where God told him to go……..LOL… Joanna reminds me of me.

I’ve read this expression on the forum here about being dragged or screaming and I know Ray had said one of the words from either the Greek or Hebrew manuscript meant dragged which was referring to our coming to Christ.

I personally never felt this happening to me but what I have experience was a desire for God all my life as far as I can remember back. I think everyone here probably felt this desire as far back as they can remember too.

We always knew something was not right or that something was missing in our lives and in the churches we had attended and this is why most of us search the truth in other churches but never really found it and then one day we were lead to bible truth .com and this forum.

Now God has lead us to the truth which I’m thankful for. I guess we all need to spend time wandering in the desert before we reach the promise land.

Well, someone might say its hard believing in God ,you know there is this party down the street but I can’t go because it’s not the kind of party God would approve of. But I find God takes away the desire to go to the party or there is this awesome movie that was just released from Hollywood but I can’t watch it because it’s filled with sex and murder and all the abominations under heaven but again God takes the desire away.

The problem I see in it all is this, I have a sin in me and I know its wrong so I try to conquer the sin and discover I am powerless over it and I go through this and through this and one day its just gone, no desire to do that anymore. But I realize it’s God who took it away.

So I see I cannot boast now because it’s all of God. The most I can do is simply be thankful in all things.  :)

In God’s Love. Richard.   

Marlene

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2008, 03:34:15 PM »

Richard, You are so right on that. I was small when he first drew me. I have always loved him even though, I have not always pleased him. But, now that I know he directs our steps I see he did all this to bring me where he wants me to be. I believed in hell. Although, I hated it that is how he brought me to him. I sinned what was a great sin to me, and Hell made me feel he could never forgive me.

Praise God that the hate of hell released me of this sick doctrine of men. I can say in all truth it scared me to death. I found myself never able to please him. I gave up that sick doctrine I also, was delivered from some various trials and sins. Now, I see his LOVE for all because when we believe this we are really blind. Some, I believe are not. But, I know I was. Lots of it comes because of translations. I suffered for 17 years with a neighbor that all I did was show her love. She, got mad and every gift she had given us over the years for Birthday, Christmas, or any reason she asked for it and we never did anything back as revenge. Her fence is on part of our property so she can have a dog. We would never think to aske her to remove it . Although, my husband will not do any work for her. He is afraid of what she might say he did, if he did something wrong. She did all this and in doing this God has told us to cut all ties with her so we can live peacfully.

She has said"Things to me over the years that my family would never think of." I like peace and so I gave her 17 years of love. But, she does not think I love her. She is blind. God taught me patience in this situation. Now , he says be in peace for you and your family.

He does draw or drag us, but what he has drug us from is the Beast within and it is a hard thing to leave. But, I now want the traits of God not of the Beast cause the beast it a terrible thing. We give the Beast up with a fight. Like a war with in us. The Beast likes to rise. I only pray that I give that Beast up more and more and never want to retain any of it, I believe we will give up more and more of it with his teaching us. Even, teaching is painful, but my what comes out of it.

I love you all, aren"t you glad he draws or drags us and the Beast cries out.

In His Love,
Marlene

Beloved

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2008, 04:02:41 PM »

We all have our ups and downs....

Dan 4:33  The same hour was the thing fulfilled upon Nebuchadnezzar: and he was driven from men, and did eat grass as oxen, and his body was wet with the dew of heaven, till his hairs were grown like eagles' feathers, and his nails like birds' claws.

Dan 4:34  And at the end of the days I Nebuchadnezzar lifted up mine eyes unto heaven, and mine understanding returned unto me, and I blessed the most High, and I praised and honored him that liveth forever, whose dominion is an everlasting dominion, and his kingdom is from generation to generation:

Dan 4:37  Now I Nebuchadnezzar praise and extol and honor the King of heaven, all whose works are truth, and his ways judgment: and those that walk in pride he is able to abase.

can't see the queen of England or any of the world politician doing this right now...but ....it is comforting that they will all learn righteousness

beloved

Marlene

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2008, 04:56:18 PM »

Amen!!!!!!!!! I second that , Beloved

Marlene

winner08

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2008, 05:31:04 PM »

now that I really think about it, I have been kicking and screaming over 20 yrs now and I;m still kicking and screaming. Just not as loud as I use to. ;)

aqrinc

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2008, 05:40:42 PM »

Lest any of us get too selfrighteous; GOD Is Always Dragging us to Himself from our own desires and Idols.
Many times even on this forum we are tugged gently back and sometimes jerked and dragged back to our
First Love. Yes some of us had a kind of love for GOD And His Word early but we all learned from whatever
church we or our parents attended. Most of us were willing to defend our brand of hell and damnation to the
death and would no more be here except we were dragged.

Remember that demons also know and believe there is GOD but He is not calling or dragging them now and
they do not have love for the Truth.

Hope not too many feathers are ruffled by this but all of us must always Remember; It IS GOD'S Grace
Through His Faith that brought us and keeps us every step of the way. It IS The GIFT of GOD; Not of our
works, lest any should boast.

We must remember and never forget; there but for The Grace Of GOD go I. (I am dragged many times)

Peace Love and Grace,

george.

Robin

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2008, 06:21:22 PM »

I kicked and screamed and cried the whole way. Believing the truth isn't the hard part. Obedience to the truth can be very hard and very painful. My mind said yes, but my emotions said no. I had magical thinking. I wanted to be cozy in this world with relationships, family, home, and comfort. Having my heart circumcised is no picnic. Long suffering is not fun.

I often think of the way Jesus chose his disciples. He said follow me and they got up and left everything and followed.

Luke 18:28-30
 28Peter said to him, "We have left all we had to follow you!"

29"I tell you the truth," Jesus said to them, "no one who has left home or wife or brothers or parents or children for the sake of the kingdom of God 30will fail to receive many times as much in this age and, in the age to come, eternal life."

Marlene

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2008, 12:16:26 AM »

Hello, I agree none of us can  boast. I only see where God has taken me. We will have to fight that Beast till death. I agree with George and MG. It is definitely a hard one to fight that man within. I just get all excited when I see God deliver me from one thing at a time. It makes me want to keep fighting. Doing Gods will is all I pray for now for the most part. I know it takes time and some are futher along the way. It will just be so wonderful when the whole world can be together in peace and harmony. It doesn't matter what God uses to get rid of that beast or when he gives us victory.Its all his to boast of. It just amazes me everytime he shows me that the beast within can be tamed by him.

In His Love,
Marlene

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2008, 02:53:06 AM »

i am going out on a limb here but i think everyone that God calls comes to Him kicking and screaming and kicking and screaming with road rash and blood and pain and then more kicking and screaming and more road rash, etc , etc.

claudia

aqrinc

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2008, 03:45:44 AM »

Claudia,

That is as true as it gets.

george.

i am going out on a limb here but i think everyone that God calls comes to Him kicking and screaming and kicking and screaming with road rash and blood and pain and then more kicking and screaming and more road rash, etc , etc.

claudia

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2008, 09:44:00 AM »

We all have our ups and downs....

Dan 4:33  The same hour was the thing fulfilled upon Nebuchadnezzar: and he was driven from men, and did eat grass as oxen, and his body was wet with the dew of heaven, till his hairs were grown like eagles' feathers, and his nails like birds' claws.

Dan 4:34  And at the end of the days I Nebuchadnezzar lifted up mine eyes unto heaven, and mine understanding returned unto me, and I blessed the most High, and I praised and honored him that liveth forever, whose dominion is an everlasting dominion, and his kingdom is from generation to generation:

Dan 4:37  Now I Nebuchadnezzar praise and extol and honor the King of heaven, all whose works are truth, and his ways judgment: and those that walk in pride he is able to abase.

can't see the queen of England or any of the world politician doing this right now...but ....it is comforting that they will all learn righteousness

beloved

Thats Very Interesting Carol!!
I never knew that about King Nebuchadnezzar
Wasn't he King of Bablyon?

Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

dogcombat

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2008, 11:14:39 AM »

was reading the post Jonha's Gourd and it got me thinking about free will. You know how many people say we choose to come to God or we can reject God. Well we know this is not true. We know that If and when God wants us He will Drag us to him kicking and screaming if that is what it takes.

I'll give a solid AMEN to that.  The greater question to those who still think people "choose" to reject God's word is this:

"HOW CAN ONE CHOOSE TO REJECT, WHAT ONE WAS NEVER CHOSEN TO RECIEVE IN THE FIRST PLACE?"

With God dragging us to Him via Holy Spirit, we are given the chance to experience what MANY get to do.  Those NOT dragged will LEARN the truth at Judgement (Isa 26.9).

Ches

hillsbororiver

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2008, 12:18:22 PM »

was reading the post Jonha's Gourd and it got me thinking about free will. You know how many people say we choose to come to God or we can reject God. Well we know this is not true. We know that If and when God wants us He will Drag us to him kicking and screaming if that is what it takes.

I'll give a solid AMEN to that.  The greater question to those who still think people "choose" to reject God's word is this:

"HOW CAN ONE CHOOSE TO REJECT, WHAT ONE WAS NEVER CHOSEN TO RECIEVE IN THE FIRST PLACE?"

With God dragging us to Him via Holy Spirit, we are given the chance to experience what MANY get to do.  Those NOT dragged will LEARN the truth at Judgement (Isa 26.9).

Ches

Hi Ches,

I really like what you posted, especially this
"HOW CAN ONE CHOOSE TO REJECT, WHAT ONE WAS NEVER CHOSEN TO RECIEVE IN THE FIRST PLACE?" so true Brother, so true!

Peace,

Joe

Beloved

« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2008, 12:31:15 PM »

Thanks for bumping this post Joe

This is just one example where we need to learn to be more cognizant of the words that we use. (I first thought choose our words but see this implies that we are doing the choosing but in reality it is the old /dead man that does this because our tongues are not bridled) it is the spirit within that will help us do this and it is a tedius endeavor.

In our joy we want to share what we have learned but we all have these little pecadillos that need to be adjusted or removed from our minds.

beloved

aqrinc

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2008, 03:51:43 PM »

Beloved,

I agree with you about how we express what we learn. We are living this now in our Home, as i get to
speak and answer the questions from my Wife very carefully. I learn more of how far from any Truth
this pseudo gospel the church preaches is from The Gospel Of The Kingdom.

When we get out of the way, GOD Puts the very Words in our mouth that Tells HIS Truths. Because
the old man in me is still waging a life or death struggle i will still make many mistakes. Now though
i do understand better what it means to: Seek ye first The Kingdom Of GOD and HIS Righteousness.

george.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 19 queries.