bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yesterday when I was young.  (Read 5254 times)

Richard D

Yesterday when I was young.
« on: November 17, 2008, 11:30:31 PM »

This is a song by a man named Roy Clark. He might of wrote the lyrics but God gave him the words, when I heard this song I had to write it down but remember I cannot type that fast but I did and ok job I think.

Yesterday when I was young, the taste of life was sweet as rain upon my tongue, I teased at life, as if it were a foolish game, the way the evening breeze may tease a candle flame, the thousand dreams I dreamed the splendid things I planed, I always built to last on weaken shifting sands, I lived by night and shunned the naked light of day, and only now I see how the years ran away, yesterday when I was young so many happy songs were waiting to be sung so many wild pleasures laid in store for me, and so much pain my dazzled eyes refused to see, I ran so fast that time and youth has run out I never stopped to think what life was all about and every conversation I can now recall and signs itself at me and nothing else at all, yesterday the moon was blue and every crazy day brought something new to do, I used my magic age as if it were a wand and never saw the waist and emptiness beyond, a game of love I played with arrogates and pride, and every flame I light to quickly quickly died, The friends I made all seem somehow to drift away and only I’m left on stage to in the play, there are so many songs in me that won’t be sung I feel the bitter taste of tears upon my tongue the time has come for me to pay for yesterday when I was young. 

In God’s Love. Richard.   

Ninny

Re: Yesterday when I was young.
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 11:52:47 PM »

Richard that song is true and sad :'( :'( :'(
You missed a phrase- you see I know that song, too. "and every conversation I can now recall concerned itself with me and nothing else at all"  "...I always built to last on weak and shifting sands." Pretty good typing on your part! ;D
I always get sad when I hear that song, it is true so true.
That's all our stories, not just you!  ;)
God's got you, dude! :)
 Kathy :D

Marlene

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 12:08:07 AM »

Hello, Yes, it is all of  us. When, I look back I see how patient God is. When, I look forward I see how patient God is. Longsuffering towards us. His Mercy endures  forever.

In His Love,
Marlene

Richard D

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 08:49:16 AM »

Hello Kathy.

I just had to post this song, when I heard it last night it pierced my heart, I knew it was about me but others too. It only takes God in our life to show it, and then we know it.  :)

Kathy, I’m not sure it was a typographical error rather than a listening problem …lol Thanks for correction with lyrics. ;)

In God’s Love. Richard.

Marlene.

Yes, it about all, it’s about the wretched state of the human race. No wonder God died for us. We really don’t have a clue outside the little that we know. With few words an entire life is written about, Roy may have written this song but God gave him the lyrics.  :)

In His Love. Richard.

Samson

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2008, 11:50:09 AM »

Hello Richard,

I remember that Song, now, thanks for Posting that. I will play that on YouTube.
                   I sent you a Personal Message that contains a Song that relates to this one, hope
                   you like it, check your messages.

Kind Regards, Samson.

Richard D

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2008, 05:07:58 PM »

Thanks Samson.

I remember hearing that song you sent me, but that was yesterday when I was young…LOL…….Me old man now you know.

You are right about a connection between the two songs but I don’t miss those days but if I had it over to do again I would of preach Christ to my friends but then I probably wouldn’t of had any friends either, they would of thought me strange and stopped calling me……..LOL.

That song yesterday when I was young was like God telling me about me. You know, we all know we need Jesus but knowing that and feeling that at the same time takes on new meaning.  :)

Thanks Samson and God Bless.

In God’s Love. Richard.

Jackie Lee

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2008, 07:14:12 PM »

Being originally from the South I remember that song, at that time I never thought to much about it but now, the words are beautiful and true.

Fester

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Yes a pancake!
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2008, 11:26:30 PM »

« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 11:38:20 PM by Fester »
"Christianity began as a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. When it went to Athens, it became a philosophy. When it went to Rome, it became an organization. When it went to Europe, it became a culture. When it came to America, it became a business."
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 18 queries.