bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: e-sword Live!  (Read 6996 times)

eggi

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
e-sword Live!
« on: November 18, 2008, 06:46:51 PM »

Hi all,

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but I didn't know about this so I decided to mention it for you.
There is a new service (new to me at least) at www.e-sword.net. It's called e-sword live and it leaves other online bible study sites in the dust.
It's free and a great resource! I switched to Mac recently, and the only application I miss is e-sword, but I think this is good enough.

http://live.e-sword.net

God bless you,
Eirik
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

Jackie Lee

Re: e-sword Live!
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 07:08:02 PM »

Thank you I put that in my favorites. :)

EKnight

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 08:47:23 PM »

I've been using it too.

Don't you just love your Mac though?

Eileen

eggi

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 04:55:06 AM »

Yes, I love it. It doesn't wear you out like Windows Vista does. XP was OK, but when a lightning took out my old PC I decided to give Mac a try. So I bought a Mac mini since I already had a monitor. I have a feeling that the Mac makes you more productive and efficient. I have been using Vista at work and had nothing but trouble! It crashes often, is slow... I think I'll stick to Mac from now on. Too bad there isn't e-Sword for the Mac though... God bless you, Eirik
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

indianabob

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2008, 06:04:59 PM »

Eirik,

You may want to try this site for Mac e-sword  if you have ver 10.5

http://www.whatisrazar.com/macesword/

Yes, I love it. It doesn't wear you out like Windows Vista does. XP was OK, but when a lightning took out my old PC I decided to give Mac a try. So I bought a Mac mini since I already had a monitor. I have a feeling that the Mac makes you more productive and efficient. I have been using Vista at work and had nothing but trouble! It crashes often, is slow... I think I'll stick to Mac from now on. Too bad there isn't e-Sword for the Mac though... God bless you, Eirik

eggi

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2008, 05:38:19 PM »

Bob, THANKS A LOT!
I'm now running e-sword on my Mac! Great!

God bless you,
Eirik

EKnight

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2008, 07:38:17 PM »

Eric,

What is the difference between the e-sword live and the link that Indianabob gave you?

Eileen

indianabob

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2008, 10:01:59 PM »

Eileen,

I think e-sword live is stored on a server somewhere for us to log onto and use as long as we have a web link.  Whereas the Mac version may be down loaded to the local computer and used off-line.  There is a Windows version of e-sword that one can down load to a local computer also.

Check me on this to be sure.

Indiana Bob

eggi

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2008, 05:38:13 AM »

Hi, yes, e-sword live is an online app like Google Apps, you sign up and then you can use it from anywhere, also on computers which do not have e-sword installed. I used e-sword on my Windows PC, but when I bought a Mac I couldn't use it because there was on Mac version. That is, until Bob led me to that webpage. There are other Bible study applications available for Mac, but most of them are not free, or/and not as good and intuitive as e-sword in my opinion.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 23 queries.