bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: John 4:10 salvation  (Read 4591 times)

jll

John 4:10 salvation
« on: November 18, 2008, 09:28:51 PM »

Hi. New here and first post. Thanks for replying.

In a discussion with someone they told me that you have to ask to be saved and quoted John 4:10.

1) What does "thou wouldest have asked of him" mean relative to salvation?

2) If the woman "knewest the gift of God" in a spiritual sense, wouldn't she already be saved (chosen) and not need to ask?

3) Is Jesus telling this woman to ask for her salvation(living water)?

John 4:10 (KJV) Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.

EKnight

Re: John 4:10 salvation
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 09:39:08 PM »

Have you read the transcripts from the 2005 Conference:

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3849.0.html

Maybe this will help. ???

And welcome to BT.

Eileen

eggi

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 04:59:33 AM »

Hi and welcome! I guess the key is that she DIDN'T know. For IF she knew she would have asked! And why didn't she know? Because flesh and blood CANNOT reveal this to us, but only our Father in Heaven! She would have asked if it was given to her to ask.
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

Samson

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 08:26:48 AM »

Hello Jill,

I'm not positive if this will help in regards to John. 4:10, I didn't see anything specific on
             that particular Scripture, but to add to what Eileen Posted to you(How hard is it to get Saved),
             I added this Sub-Heading from the Transcript(Can we lose Eonian Life), See Below.

HOW WE GET SAVED:

Rom 10:13  For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

That’s how you’re saved, you call upon the name of the Lord, you call Jesus - Lord?  He is your Lord and Master.  Whoops… “line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little there a little” “The sum of Thy word is truth.”  'He’s your Lord, so now you’re saved.'  This reader would have you believe that if you say that, you are now saved.  But what says the Scriptures?

Luke 6:46  "But why do you call Me 'Lord, Lord,' and not do the things which I say?"

Boy that puts a damper on a lot of these Scriptural lies, doesn’t it.  'I believe the Lord, so I’m saved.'  Is that right?  Is that why you are stealing from your employer… Is that why you are still cheating on you wife… Is that why you are damning God’s name?  In other words, when He says, “why do you call Me Lord, Lord, and not do the things which I say?”  He saying; if you call Me Lord Lord and don’t do the things I say… then it’s meaningless, forget it, you might as well curse My name.

Mat 10:22  And you will be hated by all for My name's sake. But he who endures to the end will be saved.

Now here is where these god of context people come in.  They say, ‘oh no, that’s only in Matt, that’s only this situation, that was only meant for the Jews in Palestine back in that day.’  In other words, that statement is not true.  That is what they are saying.  They’re saying that “he that endures to the end will be saved” is not a true statement, it is only a contextual truth under certain circumstances.  You move that out to the eighteenth century, the twenty century or the second century AD and that statement is no longer true.  You don’t have to endure to the end anymore, only under that one situation do you endure to the end to be saved.  That’s blasphemy. 

The whole Christian theological seminary system has strangled the word of God to where it can not be understood.  Much of it the damnable doctrine of context, context, context. 

Do you see it?  No, that statement is true.  It was true then and it is true now.  It is true in Africa, it is true in Palestine, it is a true statement.  Does it have a context?  Of course it does, it was said at a certain time, to a certain person, at a certain place, under certain circumstances.  I don’t care, it is still true. 

One day I would just like to talk to about six at one time, of these context people.  They say, ‘well you can prove anything by context.’  Oh really… do it.  Show me by context or take all the Scriptures out of context that you want to show me that Jesus Christ did not go around doing good or that God is not love.  Show me.  Pull all the Scriptures out of context that you want to and you prove that to me.  It’s nonsense.
People parrot these phrases that they hear so many thousands of times, that they think are true.  There is no truth in that stuff at all.

Now I understood when God said to build an ark, I understand that He was talking to Noah, I understand that.  I’m not going to go out in the back yard and build a 300 ft. ark, I know He wasn’t talking to me. 
But spiritually, maybe He was.  Maybe we do need to build an ark, but we need to know who is our ark and all that.  It does apply, but no we’re not going to go out and physically build an ark.  He told Noah to do that.  I know the context, we’re not talking about things that silly.

Hope this helps to some extent, since it provides some aspect to the
                process of getting saved. Most of the people that Christ preached to in his ministry
                never listened, understood or followed him and were not converted until receiving
                Holy Spirit at Pentecost, it's all a process, that's why it's so hard to be saved, not hard
                from God's involvement in it, but hard for us.

Kind Regards, Samson.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 22 queries.