bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Peaceful Oasis" Under Attack By Who, (or is it whom)?  (Read 11291 times)

aqrinc

Re: "Peaceful Oasis" Under Attack By Who, (or is it whom)?
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2008, 08:31:33 PM »

Hi Joe and other mature ones, may this child speak  ???.

Just a little levity; Cat herding anyone ::).

GOD Is Creating a people for HIS NAME and HE Has Chosen how this will be accomplished. The Rock Of
our Salvation and Inheritance Jesus Christ Is doing the Work without our help in any way. The Adversary
already knows he cannot win but since our nature is fertile ground for works of evil and rebellion he will
continue until That Day.

Ephesians 6:12:
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers
of the darkness of this world (age), against spiritual (hosts) wickedness in high (heavenly) places.

The above Scripture says against the rulers of the darkness of this world. Now most have accepted that
Satan rules this world but; does not the above scripture contradict that belief.

The scriptures below address the princes of this world: they rule the darkness of this world ?

John 12:31:
Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.

John 14:30:
Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world comes, and has nothing in me.

I Corinthians 2:6:
However, we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of
the princes of this world, that come to nothing:

I Corinthians 2:8:
Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified
the Lord of glory.

Ephesians 2:2:
Wherein in time past you walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of
the power of the air, the spirit that now works in the children of disobedience:

george.

Beloved

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2008, 09:17:31 PM »

George
What is cat herding eluding to?

I do not exactly understand your question ?

Ephesians 6:12:
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world (age), against spiritual (hosts) wickedness in high (heavenly) places.

The above Scripture says against the rulers of the darkness of this world. Now most have accepted that Satan rules this world but; does not the above scripture contradict that belief.

The scriptures below address the princes of this world: they rule the darkness of this world

Just to let you know that you can preview your posts and edit them so your verses do not get chopped up . It makes them easier to read

Ephesian to me is addressing the spiritual realm...just like the earth has individual, states and countries, the spiritual realm works on different levels

Satan can direct Demon(s) to possess an individual who are not in Christ
Remember the man with 2000 demons and the son who the disciples could not rod of demon  Satan entered Judas. This could be possession or he addressed Juda lust for power

Satan can communicate with any personal mind and presents lies that feed the carnal flesh
From Eve down to the present,  Peter was warned about this, David was urged to count his forces  and then there is Geraldine

Satan and the spiritual also controls the activities of the world politics, music arts religions etc He can facilitate the Powers that effect the states and nations.
Remember in Daniel where Michael was detained over a battle over Persia, when Satan told Jesus that all of these were given to him. Satan is contolling the powers in the world through their lust for power money and sex

1Jn 2:16  For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.  These are the three areas that Satan tried to use On Jesus in the Wilderness but failed.

(Luk 4:5)  And the devil, taking him up into a high mountain, showed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time.
(Luk 4:6)  And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it.
(Luk 4:7)  If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine.

God has placed Satan in control all carnal aspects of this age as he did in the past. He was dashioned to consumet dust...and he is till feeding on it.

Did you ever wonder about the statement to the seven sons of Sceva

(Act 19:14)  and there were certain--seven sons of Sceva, a Jew, a chief priest--who are doing this thing;
(Act 19:15)  and the evil spirit, answering, said, `Jesus I know, and Paul I am acquainted with; and ye--who are ye?'
(Act 19:16)  And the man, in whom was the evil spirit, leaping upon them, and having overcome them, prevailed against them, so that naked and wounded they did flee out of that house,

Being spirit they know that Jesus was Spiritually untouchable for them , they were aware that Paul was under the protection of God.also ..but the seven sons...were not any threat to those in the spiritual realm.  So they prompted the possessed man to beat them up.

That is why Jesus said
John 14:30: Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world comes, and has nothing in me

George I am not sure that I understand where the contradiction is that you see. Can you explain more

beloved

« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 10:00:24 PM by Beloved »

aqrinc

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2008, 09:45:34 PM »

Hi Beloved,

(cat herding) i liken GOD keeping us in line to cat as opposed sheep herding. (ever seen a movie of it) ;D

I was not asking a question, just expressing a thought on who actually rules this World.

Not a contradiction of Scripture; contradiction of Ruler and Prince. A Prince is under a Higher Power, this is
something Ray alluded to in one of the LOF Series (re the Ruler of this World).

I have to run right now but can take this up later, thanks for your reply.

On the formatting, i do that deliberately to make shorter and more even lines for reading.

george.

Beloved

« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2008, 10:23:00 PM »

You now say

Not a contradiction of Scripture; contradiction of Ruler and Prince. A Prince is under a Higher Power, this is something Ray alluded to in one of the LOF Series (re the Ruler of this World).

Look and see how the word "Prince" is used...this is not about someone like Prince Charles waiting to be king

Prince in the Old testament means... exalted one , one in charge do a word search on it, In the New Testament the word prince can also refer to someone in charge

G758  ἄρχων  archōn 
Thayer Definition:  1) a ruler, commander, chief, leader Part of Speech: noun masculine 

I also want to make this point here, You all say that you agree admire and understand what Indian Bob posted under Church Leader thread , then I do not understand why I sense a little sarcasm and redicule in your post. 

To me your post did not indicate an observation  but seemed more like a question since you said there was contradiction and as Ray would point out that there are no contradicitions in His Word

1Co 14:33  For God is not the Author of confusion

beloved
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 01:22:08 AM by Beloved »

jennie

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2008, 12:39:14 AM »

I have read Mr. Ray's papers for about 3 years now and again I say I amaze myself in what I thought I knew and understood and how little I truly know and understand. Life is a journey of learning isn't it? Ya'll probably get tired of hearing this "child" say how lovely it is to be able to learn and converse here and the freedom to do so. We may disagree from time to time but about the big things... I think we stand in agreement. God is the Truth and the True church isn't a building or denomination but instead a lot of us who are going along the path of life, learning the way and heading into the wind sometimes. Much love to all of you siblings in the Lord ( I always wished for a big family!) and a goodnight to all, Jennie

aqrinc

« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2008, 01:03:26 AM »

Beloved,

There is no sarcasm in any of my posts. I have no axe to grind and only learn and do what i can to edify
the brethren. If you detect any sarcasm it is not from me or my comments, those were observations about
my understanding of Royalty and not meant to besmirch or question anyone's statement. Again i say any
contradiction was as to rank not of anything else. I do spend most of my day and evening reading or
listening to Ray's Audios.

Ray has alluded to some question about the Ruler of this World ie:  GOD Blinds while Satan decieves.

Please do not see conflict when there is none; there has been more than enough of that lately i think.

Peace and Understanding Sister,

george.

Beloved

« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2008, 01:56:53 AM »

The purpose of this forum is for us to be able to discuss Rays teachings and help us understand them. Joe started this topic was trying to look at this issue of satans distortion of truth.

Your post started
Hi Joe and other mature ones, may this child speak  .
Just a little levity; Cat herding anyone .

You then wrote a lot of confusing scriptures and I replied to what I perceived to be a question

I did not see where you were making any clear statements and I guess I did not appreciate the idea that your original opening implied somehow that we posters have this attitude about ourselves...All genuine opinions are respected here.

Also I tried to be diplomatic about the format...it is extremely difficult to read sentences that are disconnected.  Then when you wrote that you did this deliberately...it made me think that you were purposely making your post hard to read.

We have seen too much of Babylonian ideas being perpetrated recently here on the forum and many feel the need to rebuke these. So a people ma be  edgy. ..heavens are being shaken....We all need to strive to be more mature and clear in presenting our views. We all need to be growing, because time is at a premium.

I love humor but it belongs in off topics, I do not appreciate it very much when I perceive that it disrupts a serious topic.

This is not about any conflict George, we are to be of one mind and each of us just needs to express ourselves better.   

beloved

hillsbororiver

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2008, 11:12:08 AM »

Hi Joe and other mature ones, may this child speak  ???.

Just a little levity; Cat herding anyone ::).

Hi George,

Like Beloved I was a little unsure of what you were trying to say here, I am going to attempt to further explain my good fruit/rotten fruit observation.

In reading your quote above I was wondering if this was directed at me sarcastically saying that I have a high opinion of myself as a "more mature" member, if it was then perhaps it could be counted as a piece of rotten fruit that would have ill effects on those who may be stirred to resentment toward me for my puffed up ego. Please understand that I am not saying this was your intention as I really do not believe it was.

On the other hand if I had responded to you after assuming I knew exactly what you meant with more sarcasm or even an impassioned, carnal rant against what (I myself assumed) you wrote against me. Had I written intemperate statements then it would have been me who produced the rotten fruit of divisiveness, strife and contention.

The purpose of this forum is for us to be able to discuss Rays teachings and help us understand them. Joe started this topic was trying to look at this issue of satans distortion of truth.

My point in starting this thread was exactly how Beloved perceived it, to attempt to illustrate how close by Satan is whenever those who seek a better understanding of God and His plan and purpose gather together. We all must use godly discernment as we patiently seek to understand each other, not jumping to conclusions or being overly defensive and especially not ascribing our own imaginations/temptations of evil upon others without first attempting to see what motivated them.

The subtitle about "Mature Members" was in Ray's article, not a self description of my own self, now in reality I am a more mature member than I was 3 1/2 years ago, or two years ago or even six months ago but I am comparing me to me not anyone else.

George I have always appreciated your contributions here and I knew there was more to your post than what my first impression was.

His Peace to you Brother,

Joe
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 17 queries.