bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: "Peaceful Oasis" Under Attack By Who, (or is it whom)?  (Read 11298 times)

hillsbororiver

"Peaceful Oasis" Under Attack By Who, (or is it whom)?
« on: November 19, 2008, 07:17:51 PM »

From LOF Part 10;

THE FOLLOWING FOR MATURE READERS ONLY

I stated that Satan has his part in the spiritual salvation of mankind. When God created our first parents in the Garden of Eden—Satan was there. When God called out the nation of Israel—Satan was there. When God wanted to test Job, one of the most perfect and righteous men who have ever lived—Satan was there. Whenever God chose to show mercy rather than condemnation on His people—Satan was there. When our Lord was being tested in the wilderness in preparation for His ministry—Satan was there. When Jesus chose Peter to possess the keys to the kingdom of God—Satan was there. Wherever God’s true gospel is preached in the world—Satan was there. Whenever God first shines the light of His Truth in man’s heaven—Satan was there. When God wanted to Sacrifice His Son for the sins of the world—Satan was there. When Ananias and Sapphira lied to God’s Holy Spirit—Satan was there. When Paul needed assistance in correcting a fornicator and a blasphemer—Satan was there. Whenever saints are tempted to disobeySatan was there. When Paul himself was in danger of being lifted up because of transcendent spiritual revelations—Satan was there. Whenever, even the saints are fooled by great power and lying signs and wondersSatan is there. When we look for the source of all the lying deception of the whole world—again, Satan is there!

http://bible-truths.com/lake10.html

Sometimes peace and understanding must be strived for,

Joe

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Re: "Peaceful Oasis" Under Attack By Who, (or is it whom)?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 07:32:10 PM »

Also labored/fought for and protected.

Craig

Marlene

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 10:53:16 PM »

Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marlene

enigmoxical

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2008, 12:21:42 AM »

From LOF Part 10;

THE FOLLOWING FOR MATURE READERS ONLY

I stated that Satan has his part in the spiritual salvation of mankind. When God created our first parents in the Garden of Eden—Satan was there. When God called out the nation of Israel—Satan was there. When God wanted to test Job, one of the most perfect and righteous men who have ever lived—Satan was there. Whenever God chose to show mercy rather than condemnation on His people—Satan was there. When our Lord was being tested in the wilderness in preparation for His ministry—Satan was there. When Jesus chose Peter to possess the keys to the kingdom of God—Satan was there. Wherever God’s true gospel is preached in the world—Satan was there. Whenever God first shines the light of His Truth in man’s heaven—Satan was there. When God wanted to Sacrifice His Son for the sins of the world—Satan was there. When Ananias and Sapphira lied to God’s Holy Spirit—Satan was there. When Paul needed assistance in correcting a fornicator and a blasphemer—Satan was there. Whenever saints are tempted to disobeySatan was there. When Paul himself was in danger of being lifted up because of transcendent spiritual revelations—Satan was there. Whenever, even the saints are fooled by great power and lying signs and wondersSatan is there. When we look for the source of all the lying deception of the whole world—again, Satan is there!

http://bible-truths.com/lake10.html

Joe

Of course satan [Hebrew: adversary] is there, especially when we come to learn that "satan" is merely a metaphor for the sinful nature within man.

Selah

Kat

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008, 12:39:54 AM »

Hi enigmoxical,

Of course satan [Hebrew: adversary] is there, especially when we come to learn that "satan" is merely a metaphor for the sinful nature within man.

Here are a few emails concerning the idea that Satan is our sinful nature.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,6300.0.html -----

Dear Ray, On the subject of satan and who or what he is or isn't, I have this suspicion that WE, OUR, carnal mind or our twisted intellect is [MAYBE] this thing called satan. Are we not our own worst enemy? Isn't our evil thoughts our own? I have pondered this for a long time, please take a look at it and tell me what you think. Thank you! God bless you! Mark

Dear Mark:  Was it "the carnal mind" that presented itself to God in the opening chapters of Job?  Did Jesus tells HIS OWN "CARNAL MIND" to "get behind Me, SATAN?" (Luke 4:8)?  Did Jesus have a "carnal mind?" A "satan" within Him?  Is God going to chain the "carnal mind" in the abyss for a thousand years (Rev. 20:1-2)?  Is He then going to release  the "carnal mind" for a little season?

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2121.0.html ---------

"Surely he cannot be the wicked part of our carnal nature."
Surely you cannot believe that "Jesus was led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of THE WICKED PART OF HIS CARNAL NATURE," do you? (Matt. 4:1).  Do you really believe that Jesus had a CARNAL WICKED NATURE?  Sorry, but I don't have the time to do a major paper on Satan at this time. See my "Lake of Fire" series on the "Origin of Sin and Satan."

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,75.0.html -------

Was Jesus really tempted by His "fallen carnal mind--His evil nature?"  Was Jesus referring to"His own carnal nature" that Jesus said, "Get thee behind Me, Satan?"   Was Jesus' "carnal evil nature," "enmity against God?"  Did Jesus really HATE HIS OWN FATHER?   It's an "idol of your heart," Timothy, give up.

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,1707.0.html ------

I am familiar with the "Santan is your carnal mind" theory. Just two Scriptures might help you understand this cannot be Scripturally true:

[1] Rev. 20:1-3--Is God really going to "bind the carnal mind of all mankind" for a thousand years, and then give it back to them once again?  If no one has a carnal mind (sinful nature) how could they become sinful once again, and only for a short season?

[2] I Cor. 5:5--How can our flesh (sinful nature) destroy our flesh (sinful nature)? This is in contradiction to our Lord's statments concerning "Satan casting out Satan" (Matt. 12:26).

ALL THE SCRIPTURES must agree.

God be with you,
Ray

Samson

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2008, 01:45:47 AM »

Hey Joe,

I like this point and paragraph from this Installment.

Hardly a person alive would admit to being deceived by Satan the devil, and yet God tells us that Satan, "deceives the WHOLE WORLD." The "whole world." Isn’t that just about everybody? Well, who pray tell, are NOT deceived? Answer: "The very elect" (Matt. 24:24). And how many is that? Answer: "Few" (Matt. 20:16). Who are the "Few?" Answer: "He that overcomes" (Rev. 3:21). Overcomes what? Answer: The same thing that Jesus overcame—"the world" (John 16:33). "The World?" Could you be a little more specific? Answer

"Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is NOT in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is NOT of the Father, but is of the world" (I John 2:15:16).

And none of us have overcome yet, until we endure until the end.

Kind Regards, Samson

hillsbororiver

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2008, 01:25:30 PM »

A big AMEN to that Samson......

Peace,

Joe

Marlene

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2008, 02:31:00 PM »

Hello, Since only a few are chosen. Good thing there is no Hell!!!!!!!!!

In His LOVE,
Marlene

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2008, 03:10:54 PM »

Just spoke with Samson on the phone at noon Thursday 11/20/08.
Thanks Joe and Brad for your comments below.  Well said and helpful.
Indiana Bob

Hey Joe,

I like this point and paragraph from this Installment.

Hardly a person alive would admit to being deceived by Satan the devil, and yet God tells us that Satan, "deceives the WHOLE WORLD." The "whole world." Isn’t that just about everybody? Well, who pray tell, are NOT deceived? Answer: "The very elect" (Matt. 24:24). And how many is that? Answer: "Few" (Matt. 20:16). Who are the "Few?" Answer: "He that overcomes" (Rev. 3:21). Overcomes what? Answer: The same thing that Jesus overcame—"the world" (John 16:33). "The World?" Could you be a little more specific? Answer

"Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is NOT in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is NOT of the Father, but is of the world" (I John 2:15:16).

Kind Regards, Samson

hillsbororiver

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2008, 11:34:56 AM »

Admittedly there are some scriptural verses when taken by themselves might lead one to consider that perhaps Satan and devils are only our carnal self destructive instincts, but if we take all the references to devils written of it becomes clear that these are real entities with a real taste for tormenting and attempting to destroy mankind.

The emails that Kat provided from Ray really hit some major points, this is one that stands out for me;

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,6300.0.html -----

Dear Ray, On the subject of satan and who or what he is or isn't, I have this suspicion that WE, OUR, carnal mind or our twisted intellect is [MAYBE] this thing called satan. Are we not our own worst enemy? Isn't our evil thoughts our own? I have pondered this for a long time, please take a look at it and tell me what you think. Thank you! God bless you! Mark

Dear Mark:  Was it "the carnal mind" that presented itself to God in the opening chapters of Job?  Did Jesus tells HIS OWN "CARNAL MIND" to "get behind Me, SATAN?" (Luke 4:8)?  Did Jesus have a "carnal mind?" A "satan" within Him?  Is God going to chain the "carnal mind" in the abyss for a thousand years (Rev. 20:1-2)?  Is He then going to release  the "carnal mind" for a little season?

You know even if one were to believe that Christ's flesh gave Him a "carnal mind" (I certainly don't) and that is the devil He was being tempted and challenged by we have our Lord's own Words to dispel that thought.

John 8

48Then answered the Jews and said unto him, Say we not well that thou art a Samaritan and hast a devil?

Joh 8:49  Jesus answered, I have not a devil; but I honor my Father and ye do dishonor me.

If indeed flesh and blood and the carnal mind is Satan then Jesus would have been lying or the experiences He had of being tempted by the devil never happened, in fact there is an adversary who dines on the dust of carnal men's minds, what better ploy than to try to get people to believe you don't even exist as you plot and work tirelessly to destroy them.

Just as a covert agent or spy does not let his enemies know his true identity or even that he really exists this is one of Satan's strategies to give him the advantage as he deals with mankind.

Matthew 4

1Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.

2And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungred.

3And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.

4But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

5Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple,

6And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.

7Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

8Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;

9And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.

10Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

11Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him.

Matthew 17

14And when they were come to the multitude, there came to him a certain man, kneeling down to him, and saying,

15Lord, have mercy on my son: for he is lunatick, and sore vexed: for ofttimes he falleth into the fire, and oft into the water.

16And I brought him to thy disciples, and they could not cure him.

17Then Jesus answered and said, O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him hither to me.

18And Jesus rebuked the devil; and he departed out of him: and the child was cured from that very hour.

Was the child cured of his flesh and blood, carnal mind?

Peace,

Joe

jennie

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2008, 12:18:14 PM »

Much here to think on.... It will come to our understanding in time I believe. Has anyone heard Appalachain mountain people refer to the "way"? Not a religious thing or denomination or anything like that ...just our journey. My Grandfather and Grandmother were both Cherokee. My Grandfather died when I was still a child but he and Grandmother told me of "the way". They observed nature, learned from it, lived from the land and made their medicines from the berries, leaves and barks of various plants. The way was the journey we take through this lifetime, learning from what and who is around us and always keeping your face headed forward even if you get knocked down by the wind. It is a learning process. When I think of what I thought I knew when I was 20 , 30, 35 years old I realize how much I still have to learn. We can learn together and face into the "wind" but stand as we do so. Blessings to you all, Jennie

aqrinc

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2008, 01:01:28 PM »

Thanks Jennie,

I like that (Face into the wind, but stand as we do so). The more we learn the more we know we do not know. ???

george. ;D

OBrenda

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2008, 01:54:24 PM »

Thanks Joe,

This is a question I struggled with.  
As far as I understand it today, as God prunes my error, and grows new understanding in me daily, this has helped me so far...!

I think the confusion is Satan speaks to us in our mind, with an inaudible voice, just like our Carnal Mind does.  If I call my Home and the person answering the phone says "Hello"  I can immediately discern if it is my Husband or my Daughter speaking through the sense of hearing.

Oh that God will give us "ears" to hear the tones and intent of those voices in our head!

Has anyone ever experienced "Mind Chatter" thinking about something...going over and over it again and again like a computer program caught in a loop in your brain, and you tell yourself get over it....and you may even roll your eyes at what is going on in your head?

The fact that we talk with correction to that part of ourselves (carnal/egoic mind) is the awareness of the Beast within.  And God manifesting his Holy Spirit in us to become a new creature with a different "Christ Consciousness"?

18And Jesus rebuked the devil; and he departed out of him: and the child was cured from that very hour.

Was the child cured of his flesh and blood, carnal mind?

Peace,

Joe

That answer Say's it all for me that Satan is a separate entity!  He seems to have power limited by God to inhabit the minds of mankind to effect their behavior and sometimes sickness in the body.   ???

Just For Fun   ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qAkEA-H_zE
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 01:56:24 PM by OBrenda »

Marlene

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2008, 11:13:34 PM »

Hi Brenda, Yes, I remember him. Yes, for sure our mind is a battlefield. Been having some battles last couple of days. Hope you are doing well after your surgery.

In His Love,
Marlene

hillsbororiver

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2008, 12:18:26 PM »

Hi Brenda,

Thanks for your comments and it is great to have you back posting again, you were missed!

Has anyone here wondered why this thread was started, what was the motivation behind it?

Peace,

Joe

Beloved

« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2008, 12:47:13 PM »

Yes Joe

Whenever God's Truth is presented....Satan comes in with his lies. The forum is no exception

False doctrines abound in the churches because they fell for the lies
they could not "handle the truth" wherever they went and split and split into all the denominations.

Ray deals with all the time...he takes the brunt of nasty accusations, we here get the more craftier forms, people who say they have come out and they espouse understanding but still want to hold tightly to their own pet beliefs and they come here to persuade others.

beloved

« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 02:33:23 PM by Beloved »

hillsbororiver

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2008, 02:33:34 PM »

Yes Carol you nailed it!

It is rather obvious that the influence of our adversary and accuser is never very far away, we really need to discern the spirits constantly and once we begin to see rotten fruit whether it be our own or another's we have to thoroughly remove it. I am not saying to remove the person but to remove the nasty taste and indigestion that spoiled fruit can inflict on those who consume it.

Peace,

Joe

jennie

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2008, 02:48:10 PM »

I wonder... you know many churches start out okay but then a group gets disgruntled and they go off and start another and it just goes on and on. That thing of "divide and conquer"... does it perhaps apply to Satan and the battles that we have. If we become divisive and all maybe that is the "chink in the armor of the truth which comes from God. Now I am not saying that the churches are right because I don't think they are. There is far too much of people wanting thngs their way in church and leaving God out of it. We as brothers and sisters in the Truth are stronger as a team , unit or family if you will....but divided by the deceit of Satan ....the chain can become weak. I wish I knew how to better write what is in my heart and mind but maybe it will make some sense. Much love from the hills, Jennie

Beloved

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2008, 03:49:19 PM »

Jennie perhaps this will help

Mat 16:18  And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Do not worry about division..... The True church is built on the Truth, the Rock that is Jesus Christ....they will not prevail

If some will listen and understand the lies

(Jud 1:21)  keep yourselves in [the] love of God, waiting for [or, expecting] the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to eternal life.
(Jud 1:22) And be having mercy on some, making a distinction [between persons],(Jud 1:23)  but others be saving with fear, snatching [them] out of a fire, hating even the tunic [or, garment] having been polluted [or, defiled] by the flesh.
If they people do not like what is said and decide to go elsewhere  then so be it.... remember their rock is not our ROCK    Deut 32:31

1Jn 2:19  They went out from us, but they were not of us: for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

The big lie in Babylon is that you have to get along and be nice.....that is a distortion and in the True church of Jesus Christ .....it only holds for true brethern....who are able to handle all of these tribulation and trials with humility

Heb 4:12  For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

beloved

jennie

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2008, 07:37:22 PM »

That getting along with Babylon is surely the truth of it! I got so tired of being put down just because I would try to puzzle things out in my own mind!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 23 queries.