bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Turkey Trivia Quiz  (Read 7112 times)

Kat

Turkey Trivia Quiz
« on: November 19, 2008, 11:49:04 PM »

Turkey Trivia Quiz

How much do you know about the turkey?

1. When was the first Thanksgiving celebration?
O 1492
O 1567
O 1621
O 1777

2. Where was the turkey first domesticated?
O Canada
O Mexico and Central America
O New Zealand
O India

3. What is a female turkey called?
O a rooster
O a cuckoo
O a chick
O a hen

4. What is a male turkey called?
O a larry
O a clark
O a harry
O a tom

5. What great American statesman lobbied to make the turkey the national symbol?
O Benjamin Franklin
O Thomas Jefferson
O John Adams
O Andrew Jackson

6. What sound does a female turkey make?
O gobble
O cluck
O chirp
O peep

7. What sound does a male turkey make?
O gobble
O click
O chirp
O peep

8. About how many feathers does a mature turkey have?
O 1,500
O 2,000
O 3,500
O 5,000

9. Which state produces the most turkeys annually?
O Kansas
O Ohio
O Arkansas
O Minnesota

10. How fast can wild turkeys run?
O 5 mph
O 15 mph
O 25 mph
O 45 mph

11. How does Arkansas rank among the other states in turkey production?
O first
O third
O eighth
O fourteenth

12. What Native American tribe celebrated the first Thanksgiving with the colonists?
O the Wampanoag tribe
O the Sioux tribe
O the Choctaw tribe
O the Arapaho tribe

13. Can wild turkeys fly? If so, how fast?
O No.
O Yes, up to 25 mph
O Yes, up to 40 mph
O Yes, up to 55 mph

14. Approximately what percentage of American homes eats turkey on Thanksgiving?
O 49%
O 67%
O 82%
O 90%

15. Approximately what percentage of American homes eats turkey on Christmas?
O 34%
O 50%
O 67%
O 89%

16. What is the name of the skin that hangs from a turkey's neck?
O snark
O wattle
O garble
O swag

17. Which U.S. president specified that Thanksgiving would fall on the last Thursday of November?
O Martin Van Buren
O Andrew Jackson
O William H. Taft
O Abraham Lincoln

18. Which president attempted to move the Thanksgiving holiday to the fourth Thursday in November to create a longer Christmas shopping season?
O Franklin D. Roosevelt
O Dwight D. Eisenhower
O Harry S. Truman
O Gerald R. Ford

19. Which country consumes the most turkey per year per capita?
O The United States
O Israel
O Spain
O The United Kingdomr year per capita?

20. What is the best way to defrost a turkey?
O with a hair dryer
O in the refrigerator
O in cold water
O in the microwave oven

Turkey Facts

Here turkey, turkey, turkey
~Turkeys are able to adapt to a wide variety of habitats. However, most turkeys are found in hardwood forests with grassy areas.
~The best time to see a turkey is on a warm clear day or in a light rain.

They what?
~Turkeys have heart attacks. When the Air Force was conducting test runs and breaking the sound barrier, fields of turkeys would drop dead.
~Turkeys can drown if they look up when it is raining.

Eat, sleep, gobble
~Turkeys spend the night in trees. They fly to their roosts around sunset.
~Turkeys fly to the ground at first light and feed until mid-morning. Feeding resumes in mid-afternoon.
~Gobbling starts before sunrise and can continue through most of the morning.

Eyes in the backs of their heads?
~A wild turkey has excellent vision and hearing. Their field of vision is about 270 degrees. This is the main reason they continue to elude some hunters.

And they're fast, too!
~A spooked turkey can run at speeds up to 20 miles per hour. They can also burst into flight approaching speeds between 50-55 mph in a matter of seconds.

So close, yet so far
~Benjamin Franklin wanted the national bird to be a turkey

Answers to quiz.
1.  1621
2.  Mexico and Central America
3.  a hen
4.  a tom
5.  Benjamin Franklin
6.  cluck
7.  gobble
8.  3,500
9.  Minnesota
10. 25 mph
11. third
12. Wampanoag tribe
13. Yes, up to 55 mph
14. 90%
15. 50%
16. wattle
17. Abraham Lincoln
18. Franklin D. Roosevelt"
19. Israel
20. in cold water

« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 11:51:45 PM by Kat »

youthfortruth

Re: Turkey Trivia Quiz
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 07:43:08 AM »

Lol interesting quiz Kat, really boosts my Thanksgiving mood. I've also heard turkey can make you sleepy if eaten in large quantities. Can anyone here verify that?  :)

God Bless

-Andrew

Kat

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 11:11:29 AM »

Hi Andrew,

This link should give you all the info you need about the myth... hint hint, that turkey makes you sleepy.

http://www.standard.net/live/news/148771/

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Samson

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2008, 12:08:16 PM »

Lol interesting quiz Kat, really boosts my Thanksgiving mood. I've also heard turkey can make you sleepy if eaten in large quantities. Can anyone here verify that?  :)

God Bless

-Andrew

Hi Kat,

I'm not very good at those Trivia type things, but enjoyed the information. The guys at work are slavishly
         trying to figure out those newspaper crossword puzzles and it seems they always ask questions that
         most people wouldn't have the answer to. I prefer something like Marilyn Vos Savant, she's very smart.

Andrew: The reason Turkey might make you tired is because it has lot's of the Amino Acid Tryptophane,
                      which is supposed to promote " Tranquility", calming the nervous system.

Kind Regards, Samson.

OBrenda

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008, 06:28:34 PM »

Good Grief...Now I'm really hungry!
 ;D ;D
Brenda

« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 06:30:11 PM by OBrenda »

Longhorn

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2008, 08:40:32 PM »

I can answer No. 10 for ya.  How fast can a Turkey run? 

Not fast enouph.

Not sure they could adapt to space though.  Looks like old Longhorn will be spending my first Thanksgiving orbiting around Saturn, so yall take care.

Longhorn

youthfortruth

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2008, 09:54:27 PM »

God Bless

-Andrew

Hi Kat,

I'm not very good at those Trivia type things, but enjoyed the information. The guys at work are slavishly
         trying to figure out those newspaper crossword puzzles and it seems they always ask questions that
         most people wouldn't have the answer to. I prefer something like Marilyn Vos Savant, she's very smart.

Andrew: The reason Turkey might make you tired is because it has lot's of the Amino Acid Tryptophane,

Kind Regards, Samson.

Samson,

Thanks for sharing that bit of info. As one who likes the science of Neurology, I found that very enlightening.

You seem to know your foods. From the carrot thing before, to the turkey thing, your quite the expert. Maybe now you can share with us the infamous Mr Sanders KFC secret ingredient!!  lol  ;)

Hope everyone has a nice Thanksgiving!!

-Andrew

Samson

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2008, 05:09:08 PM »

God Bless

-Andrew

Hi Kat,

Kind Regards, Samson.

Samson,

Thanks for sharing that bit of info. As one who likes the science of Neurology, I found that very enlightening.

You seem to know your foods. From the carrot thing before, to the turkey thing, your quite the expert. Maybe now you can share with us the infamous Mr Sanders KFC secret ingredient!!  lol  ;)

Hope everyone has a nice Thanksgiving!!

-Andrew

Thankyou for the Kind Words Andrew,

Andrew, I'm no expert about anything, just one of those Rank/File, one
                                                     of the masses trying to sift through all the Bologna mixed with the Truth
                                                     that is presented to us in this Journey- called life.

If I was an expert, I wouldn't be a member of this Forum finding the Truth
                                                     presented by Ray.

My only assets are a desire for Truth in everything and a fairly good memory
                                                     for retaining information, otherwise, I'm just one of the foolish things of this
                                                     World, happy that everyone is going to eventually be saved, because none of
                                                     us on our own deserve it.

Your Older Brother, Samson.

musicman

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2008, 12:45:43 AM »

So, what ya'll think about that White House ritual where they pardon a turkey every year.  In other words, giving it a stay of execution?  As opposed to what?  Sacrificing one santeria style?  What did the turkey do to actually desearve death?  How is it a pardon if it lived a moral life, anyway.  And how about that other turkey there?  Should it be pardoned?

Ninny

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2008, 12:53:30 AM »

Musicman,
What if the turkey you eat for Thanksgiving got a pardon? That would mean you don't get no turkey! ;D
Have mercy on a turkey! eat meatloaf for Thanksgiving! ewww yuck! ha! :P What about all those pumpkins that get sacrificed every year for the pies ??? :'(
Laugh y'all ;D
Kathy ::)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 17 queries.