bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Joy  (Read 4894 times)

Nikoa

Joy
« on: November 21, 2008, 05:41:10 PM »

It seems like the more "stuff" we have the more we worry about losing it.  I find my self visiting news sites and checking stock updates about 20 times a day worrying about my future as I am a small business owner.  We have so much more in this country than most of the world and still we are mostly a society of depressed people attached to our "stuff". I love this video as it shows people who really have nothing yet have everything.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSdP6PqsbJY

Vangie

Re: Joy
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 06:50:40 PM »

So true.  Thanks for sharing that link.

Love in Christ,
Vangie

Ninny

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 08:46:29 PM »

Oh, man that video really touches you!  :'( I've been a little sad today for no real reason. I'm writing a little story for my grand son. He had a brain tumor removed on Oct. 6th, I have already shared that his tumor was benign.  :D I wanted to write my feelings down for him for when he is older. He is 2 and he won't remember any of the trauma from his surgery, thank God! But there are some things you can never forget that's what the video reminds me of. Once you see it and you know it you can never forget. What you see and experience changes your life it's that simple.
Thanks for sharing that!
Kathy :)

Marlene

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 09:07:09 PM »

Hi, If , that doesn't humble us nothing will. Like Ray talks about in one of his articles he falls asleep thaking God. I like doing that cause it gives me a peaceful feeling  before I go to sleep. The more you have the more you worry. But, really I am  content I have my needs and some wants like the computer. I am so  blessed to have fellowship with people of like mind. We, just have to trust in God. United States has helped many of these countries. There is only so much we can do as individuals. I just think as a nation we need to turn from sin and also not take blessings for grant.

In Gods Love,
Marlene

Marlene

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2008, 09:09:53 PM »

Kathy, That is so awesome what you are doing for your grandson. 

In His Love,
Marlene

Beloved

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2008, 09:30:33 PM »

I used to enjoy these types of videos but now I wonder...what are these artists really doing about it. I am suspect when I see heart string being tugged comercially.

The songs says it really impressed her.....but .....how much? 

Everybody feeds the poor at Thankgiving and Christmas........but what do they get to eat the rest of the year?

Here is one email to ray  that is somewhat close to the subject

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4099.0.html

The problem is Nikoa that when you totally REST in the Father.....then your small business is TRULEY becomes irrelevant....You know that .....He will provide your need.

Every person we meet has a need.   This world certainly has enough of everything... YET why do some lack? 

Since God is sovergn then there is a purpose to it. Perhaps getting luxory goods would lead these particular people to greed and the need to attack others.  Perhaps they are poor to turn some hearts toward GOD. God will provide their need....either through you or even this singer, if it is Gods will then it will get there

Joh 12:8  For the poor always ye have with you; but me ye have not always.

Jesus did not care that the money for the Spinekard nard was used on Him by Mary

That does not lessen these people in the videos needs or excuse any from giving. The poor represented in this video is a phyical state... it is not the same as being spiritually poor.

Paul tells us

Co 13:3  And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

Even though I said that God would provide remember that Jesus taught...the who 

(Mat 25:33)  and he shall set the sheep indeed on his right hand, and the goats on the left.
(Mat 25:34)  `Then shall the King say to those on his right hand, Come ye, the blessed of my Father, inherit the reign that hath been prepared for you from the foundation of the world;
(Mat 25:35)  for I did hunger, and ye gave me to eat; I did thirst, and ye gave me to drink; I was a stranger, and ye received me;
(Mat 25:36)  naked, and ye put around me; I was infirm, and ye looked after me; in prison I was, and ye came unto me.
(Mat 25:37)  `Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when did we see thee hungering, and we nourished? or thirsting, and we gave to drink?
(Mat 25:38)  and when did we see thee a stranger, and we received? or naked, and we put around?
(Mat 25:39)  and when did we see thee infirm, or in prison, and we came unto thee?
(Mat 25:40)  `And the king answering, shall say to them, Verily I say to you, Inasmuch as ye did it to one of these my brethren--the least--to me ye did it

(Mat 25:46)  And these shall go away to punishment age-during, but the righteous to life age-during.'

I try to give whatv ever I can to who ever comes across my path...I know that cannot solve every problem...but I know that God will lead me to those problems that He wants me to address

Mat 6:3  But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:  

Do not let your carnal side know what the spiritual side is doing. Do not think about it too long...when the spirit leads you, do it.  Pay your bills, postpone buying something that month or give something you have your time or your goods. 

Do not do it with the intent of  "being" righteous.  (Just share your toys)

Most importanly When you can ...DO it as secretly as you can. 
I love sending anonymous packages.  This leads the recipents and their family to seeing the world a little differently and perhaps remind them of their FATHER.

beloved

Ninny

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2008, 09:35:01 PM »

Hi Marlene,
Well, his mom and dad have been going around to some of the churches here to give his testimony of his healing. His mom emails tons of people who want to know all about how God healed him.  She keeps up his little care page from Children's Hospital.

I haven't had the opportunity to put my thoughts and feelings in writing so I decided to write it in the form of a child's story so that when he's a little older he will know what I went through during the whole ordeal. I'm telling him what is has been like for me and his older brothers.

I have taken care of him since he was born, as I did his older brothers I took care of them until they started to school :D I even taught them preschool and the older one I taught him kindergarten. I have a very close bond with these little boys. It's great! :D
Well I guess this is going on a bit!  ;D
Like I said once you experience something like that it changes you!

Beloved, you are right what good is seeing it and knowing about it if you don't make a difference? And what we do should be done as low key as possible for yes we are definitely do do things in secret.
Correct, as usual! :D
Kathy :D

EKnight

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2008, 09:50:00 PM »

Hi Nikoa,

Beautiful video.  It's always humbling to be reminded of how much more some have than others.  Like you, I worry about my family's financial future until I take a step back and realize that even with less, I am better off than most.  Thanks for that reminder.

Eileen

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2008, 01:18:27 AM »

thank you nikoa for sharing the video. we don't know if the singer who made the video is or isn't doing more behind the scenes to help those she met, all we know is that she made a video to share showing those less fortunate than we are. those in the video obviously have less material possessions than we do, and the adage "less is more" is no doubt true. again, thanks for offering a reminder to stay thankful every day of the year. welcome to the forum.

cheers,
claudia
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 23 queries.