bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: rev 3:20  (Read 16120 times)

jll

rev 3:20
« on: November 23, 2008, 09:08:25 PM »

Rev 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Can someone please help me with what the part "and open the door" means and why is it said this way if the choice is not ours? Are there any teachings about this verse on bible-truths?

Thanks

Kat

Re: rev 3:20
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 09:32:39 PM »

Hi Jill,

Rev 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

I think the key to this verse is in the statement "if any man hear My voice."  You can only open the door IF you hear His voice.  Who hears His voice?

John 10:27  My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.

These "sheep" are those that the Father has given or dragged to Christ.

John 10:29  My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father's hand.

John 6:44  No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day.

I hope this helps.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

daywalker

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 05:41:45 PM »

Hi Jill,

Jesus said: "I AM THE DOOR: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture." - John 10:9

Jesus Christ is the door. "...No one comes to the Father except through me.." - John 14:6

When you open a door you see what's on the other side. Jesus Christ is the door, and on the other side is the Father.

"...Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father." - John 14:9

Because "...I and the Father are one." - John 10:30

Other than that, I believe Kat hit it on the nail by stating, "I think the key to this verse is in the statement "if any man hear My voice."  You can only open the door IF you hear His voice.  Who hears His voice?"

-Christopher-
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 05:42:51 PM by daywalker »

CEO

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 06:58:40 PM »

Jill

The amazing thing is God causes "any man" to want to, with all his heart, with all his might , with all he is,to 'open the door'.  God causes it, whether we realize it or not.

Askseeknock
Charles O

dewey

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 09:29:53 PM »

reply to Jill, Rev 3;20

Jlll,  the Bible plainly speaks of those that have been called.  I  hope to clear up a couple of post thoughts at this time.  This should cover a couple of different topics and if you have been given a touch of the  Holy Spirit, it will. 

Romans 5:5  When a Christian receives God's Spirit he receives some (a very small amount at first) of the love of God.  Over time, through actively exercising it, the depth and amount of love grows.  It is actually one of the nine "fruits of the Spirit"

Christ himself spoke on many occasions about the Christian calling.  We hope all of you are familiar with his statement .  For many are called, but few are chosen.  And that's found in both Matthew  22:24 and 20:16.  Later adding meaning to the second part of this phrase  he said to his disciples YOU HAVE NOT CHOSEN ME  BUT I HAVE CHOSEN YOU (John 15:16)  But I have chosen you out of the world.  Therefore, the world hates you (John 19).   

There are a few people that understand that the Bible makes sense and that it is not as hard to understand as they had previously thought.  Then, feeling a growing need to act on what they are learning many wonder, am I BEING CALLED BY GOD?  Sometimes this question takes the form of am I undergoing conversion or  have I come in contact with God's true church?  At best, most are unsure howto answer these basic questions.  And many have no idea absolutely whatsoever how to address that question.

Actually, people of all ages and backgrounds puzzle over just what a CALLING is.  Many reduce it to little more than a particular feeling that comes over them which they attribute to God.    Millions in the world feel (called) .  In some cases to the church, and in other cases to the ministry or missionary work.  and still other cases to work with children.  And yet others to serve in the medical profession or even in the military.  Ignorant of what God says, so many people are left to rely on mere feelings.  Assuming that their lives and the past they chose are divinely inspired, they attribute this inspiration to being called by God.  Sadly, most never learn that these "callings" have nothing to do with following the true God of the Bible.

At this point,  I would like to state that a true calling from God is far more than a kind of an abstract feeling that human reasoning concludes is from God.

DEFINING A TRUE CALLING  And that is why Ray Smith says that getting saved is the hardest thing you'll ever encounter. 

In John's gospel account Jesus stated , "No man can come to Me, except the Father which has sent Me draw him..." (6:44)  Nineteen verses later, He repeated to His audience, "Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto Me, except it were given unto him of My Father" (6:65).  In the next verse, John records that "From that time many of His disciples went back, and walked no more with Him."

Many who heard Christ simply could not understand that God has to "draw" people and that a calling is something that is "given" to them.  While many today appear to understand that they must in some fashion be called, they do not seek to understand - from the Bible - how to know for certain that it is God who is calling - drawing - giving to them whatever it is they are to receive.

More to follow

love ya

paula said it

dewey

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2008, 10:36:11 PM »

And here's the rest of the story.

Let us consider a few scriptures that make plain what it is Christians are "given" when they are called.  We must clear up all possible confusion.

In Matthew, Christ's disciples asked, "Why speak you unto them [the multitudes who heard Him] in parables?" (13:10).  His answer summarizes how and with what God calls:  "He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven (or kindgom of God), but to them it is not given" (13:11).  The next several verses amplify what He meant, explaining how many in the world can hear the truths of God (the "mysteries of the kingdom") but not grasp them.  Since the overwhelming majority of mankind are not being drawn by the power of God's Spirit, they have not been given the ability to comprehend God's Word.

How does this apply to you?  The answer directly explains how to know if God is calling you:  A calling, in the simplest terms, is understanding the truths of God when you see, read or hear them.

Ask yourself:  "Do I understand Bible teachings and truths when I hear them?  Do the scriptures about the gospel of the Kingdom of God; the plan of salvation and the purpose of human existence; climactic, soon-coming prophesied events; God's warning message to His people; His Law ; including the Sabbath command - the Holy Days; tithing; clean and unclean meats; the one true Church; and many other teachings make sense to me?"

MAKES NO SENSE TO ANYONE  - DON'T MEAN NOTHIN'!!!!  WHAT DOES?  FAITH AND GRACE (PERIOD)    HALLELUJAH

WHY WOULD GOD MAKE A LAW THAT HE KNEW NONE OF US WEAKLINGS COULD FOLLOW?

love y'ans

Paula said it; Lord willin' another post shortly

thank you,Father  Amen

dewey

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2008, 11:25:15 PM »

Hi, A

I'm doing this just as fast as the Lord gives it to me. 

Now then,

RESPONSIBLE FOR KNOWLEDGE GIVEN

Babies are born knowing nothing.  They do not know even the basics of right and wrong.  They have to be taught virtually everything.  Similarly, the world does not know the things of God - spiritual right from spiritual wrong.  But with the knowledge of these things comes the responsibility to act on it.

Two Bible passages demonstrate that God holds people accountable for what they understand.  Notice James 4:17:  "Therefore to him that KNOWS TO DO GOOD, and does it not, to him it is sin."  Now read Hebrews 10:26:  "For if we sin willfully after that we have received the KNOWLEDGE OF THE TRUTH, there remains no more sacrifice for sins."

Let's understand.  Each time you learn more of God's truth (what is "good"), and it makes sense to you - you at least generally understand it - you are being given extraordinary spiritual knowledge for which God holds you accountable.  Once you have crossed that line, it's like a secret oath between you and Him - break the oath and the punishment is forthcoming.  And you will say "I'm sorry" but you can't be forgiven right then - another age - he knows you know.  It all comes back in your own time - you'll be saved.

This is part of the calling process - and is actually central to it.  Further, it makes understanding how God calls one much more serious than most have believed.  Recognize that God will only call each human being once.  Therefore, you are responsible now for the knowledge that you are being given.  If one does not act on what he is learning, God will take that understanding away (Rom. 2:13; Psa.111:10), and such a person is in a grave spiritual condition.

THE GREATEST FREEDOM

God's truth is most exciting to understand.  It is the path to all the wonderful, good things in life - things God wants you to have.  It is also the path to the greatest freedom that there is!  Christ told certain Jews professing to believe on Him:  "If you continue in My word [the truth - John 17:17], then are you My disciples indeed; and you shall now the truth, and THE TRUTH SHALL MAKE YOU FREE" (John 8:31-32).  You must be willing to "continue" in your studies of God's Word, learning ever more of His truth, which Christ explains will "set you free" from world cut off from God and held captive by Satan.  Even this understanding is precious knowledge.

Your associates in the world probably understand none of these things.  Neither do your relatives.  Without God's calling, they have no possible way of enjoying now what is being offerered to you - if you are understanding and acting upon God's truth.

It is also vital that you make certain the things you are learning.  You should find yourself wanting to PROVE the doctrines of God.  Pauls also told the Thessalonians to "PROVE all things; hold fast that which is good" (I Thes. 5:21).  If you know God is calling you, take time to prove that He exists.  Then prove that the Bible is truly His inspired Word for mankind.

Finally, prove the identity of God's church.  Remove all doubt, leaving no room for confusion.  there are many conterfeit churches - many spiritual "look-alikes" in the world.  Do not be fooled by any of them.  Christ promised, "I will build My Church" (Matt. 16:18).  Determine to know for certain if you have come in contact with it.   Make no mistake, folks, I'm not talking about a building.

At the same time you are proving these things, pray fervently about what you are learning.  When you are unclear on a matter, remember that Christ taught, "Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and you shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you" (Matt. 7:7).

Now I have to ask the older members of this forum, doesn't that sound a lot like some of our newer members?  Are they asking?  Should we be tolerant of them asking the same questions over and over again or versing their opinion on something?  Maybe its not the truth that they speak part of the time; but can't we see that they're searching for the truth?  We must show love.  That's okay, I'll get into that later.

John 14:17 explains how those coming toward conversion begin to find that they can see clearly the things of God.  Notice what Christ said when speaking to His disciples about the Holy Spirit they were soon to receive:  "Even the Spirit of truth; [which] the world cannot receive, because it sees [it] not, neither knows [it]: but you know [it]; for [it] dwells with you, and shall be in you."

At this point, the disciples were much like many today - perhaps like you, too.  They were seeing many spiritual truths in part, but did not yet fully grasp the enormous importance of learning God's Plan and way of life.  Through the Holy Spirit working with them, God was revealing certain things that they would only understand in a greater way once it was in them, beginning at conversion.  Ultimately, to fully understand all the things of God - all the mysteries of the kingdom of God - one must be begotten of the Holy Spirit.  This occurs when it enters directly into the mind!  Lacking baptism in Christ (without hands) and the vital receiving of God's Spirit, it is completely impossible for anyone to truly understand even a single biblical truth!

Sorry it took me so long for this last post.  I had to get some sleep.  My own head was spinning from all the revelations my Father was giving me (and still is).  There's another post to come yet - after I've had my coffee and think it out.  In the meantime, love y'ans.

Paula said it

« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 11:54:07 AM by dewey »

Marlene

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2008, 12:01:29 AM »

Wow, Dewey,  I have been thinking about that. It is a high calling. I learned many truths from Rays papers which are all in scriptures. I do take this serious. I just pray I continue to take heed quickly and not fall. I want to keep learning truths. But, when I learn a truth I want to learn it, but wantto obey it. This race all depends on God. We have to listen to his voice.  Wow, that was some great things to think about. We are held more accountable cause he has shown us truths. We have to apply these truths to our walk.

In His Love,
Marlene

winner08

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2008, 01:02:34 AM »

Recognize that God will only call each human being once.  Therefore, you are responsible now for the knowledge that you are being given.  If one does not act on what he is learning, God will take that understanding away (Rom. 2:13; Psa.111:10), and such a person is in a grave spiritual condition.

Many yrs ago I was (saved) the conventional way. I went on stage where a preacher put his hands on me and I repeated whatever he said and I was saved. Now we all know now that this is not how it is done. At the time however I thought I was saved. About a few months past and I was back to my old ways. I guess my question is was I being called at that time? Since God only calles once did I miss my calling? Yes maby I was called, but I don't think it wasn't until God lead me here to Rays teachings where I was (maby) being chosen to know and understand His truth. I've been here for months and I have not cease to study and learn everyday His word. With the above statement I wonder what my spiritual condition is?

Darren

Kat

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2008, 01:51:40 AM »

Hi Darren,

Many are 'called,' the churches are filled with the called.  But there are a few that He brings further those that are destined to be 'chosen.' 

Here is a part from the article no. 8, 'Where is the church that Jesus built?'

http://bible-truths.com/lake8.html ---------------------

One more important verse regarding our calling, that I will cite out of the Concordant Literal New Testament because I believe they translate the Greek aorist tense properly, whereas the King James uses the past tense:

"Now we are aware that GOD [it is unfortunate that the King James leaves out "God" even though it is in the manuscripts. Most translations do put "God" in this opening phrase. Things don’t just ‘work’ together without GOD doing the ‘working’] is working all together for the good of those who are loving God, who are [being] called according to the purpose that, whom He foreknew, He designates beforehand, also, to be conformed to the image of His Son, for Him to be Firstborn among many brethren. Now whom He designates beforehand, these He calls [not ‘called’ as all are NOT YET called, it is the aorist tense] also, and whom He calls, these He justifies, also; now whom He justifies, these He glorifies also" (Rom. 8:28:30).

Now, pay attention: All which God foreknew, He then designates beforehand (He hand-picks them, if you will). And therefore, since He has already designated them beforehand, when they are born in whatever generation God designates; He then calls them. Now it is true that God calls MANY OTHERS whom He has NOT designated to be "conformed to the image of His Son" AT THE TIME that each generation appears in history.

There are many more "called" in each generation than are actually, "chosen" to be conformed to the image of His Son at that time.

All that are not chosen will be in the second resurrection/white throne judgment/lake of fire. These will go the "broad way into destruction" from which they will await judgment at the great white throne. But, those which God foreknows and designates beforehand, He definitely does call, but these designated ones GO ON to be JUSTIFIED AND GLORIFIED. They are not just the "called," but the "called AND CHOSEN" which will go on to glorification in service with Christ, as the manifested Sons and Daughters of God, in the Kingdom of God, to bring the rest of heaven and earth to SALVATION!
----------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Beloved

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2008, 06:33:44 AM »

Jill I think that we have to be careful that we not look at this scripture like they do in Babylon ....they think we have free will and are the ones who choose to open. This is not a direct calling it is about the process of being called out.   

You have to look to the meaning in relation to the other verses in scripture
He is talking to Laodociencean one of the seven churches which from Rays teaching represents one aspect of the church, it is not one actual church or age as babylon teaches.

(Rev 3:15)  I have known thy works, that neither cold art thou nor hot; I would thou wert cold or hot.
(Rev 3:16)  So--because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I am about to vomit thee out of my mouth;

(Rev 3:17)  because thou sayest--I am rich, and have grown rich, and have need of nothing, and hast not known that thou art the wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked,

(Rev 3:18)  I counsel thee to buy from me gold fired by fire, that thou mayest be rich, and white garments that thou mayest be arrayed, and the shame of thy nakedness may not be manifest, and with eye-salve anoint thine eyes, that thou mayest see.

(Rev 3:19)  As many as I love, I do convict and chasten; be zealous, then, and repent;  

He is talking to the part of carnal man that waffles, is wrapped up with worldly goods, and is blind to the fact that they are poor and naked. They are told to repent snd He is about to chastize them out of love... The is phileo love and not the agape love spoken in

(Joh 3:16)  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Then he says

(Rev 3:20)  lo, I have stood at the door, and I knock; if any one may hear my voice, and may open the door, I will come in unto him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

The way I see this read...
I jesus am standing as The DOOR, I am always here showing you things in creation, if you are blessed to have ears you will be able to open to me, I am always moving toward you and you will have your evening meal / bridal dinner ...with me  He is speaking this to his chosen who are alive

(Rev 3:21)  He who is overcoming--I will give to him to sit with me in my throne, as I also did overcome and did sit down with my Father in His throne.

Being the lukewarm means you lose the valuation of coldness (unworthiness) and do not know the value of hotness (worthiness). So here is the way to attain the needed fire. The Holy Spirit the Baptism of Fire that will purify you.

(Rev 3:22)  He who is having an ear--let him hear what the Spirit saith to the assemblies.'

He is calling all the time ...finding eardrums that will recieve his sound waves

The many called heard a small sound but they left their first love and are in Babylon, they are now deaf and blind to His Word.

It is the chosen/called out who will hear, the will deny self, carrry their cross and be obedient to His Word. They are totally the work of God

beloved

mharrell08

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2008, 07:38:06 AM »

This is part of the calling process - and is actually central to it.  Further, it makes understanding how God calls one much more serious than most have believed.  Recognize that God will only call each human being once.  Therefore, you are responsible now for the knowledge that you are being given.  If one does not act on what he is learning, God will take that understanding away (Rom. 2:13; Psa.111:10), and such a person is in a grave spiritual condition.

Rom 2:13  (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

Ps 111:10  The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.

I guess my question is was I being called at that time? Since God only calles once did I miss my calling? Yes maby I was called, but I don't think it wasn't until God lead me here to Rays teachings where I was (maby) being chosen to know and understand His truth. I've been here for months and I have not cease to study and learn everyday His word. With the above statement I wonder what my spiritual condition is?

Darren

Paula & Darren,

There are no scriptures and/or Ray's teaching that speak on God calling an individual only once. As well as anyone being 'responsible' as Ray covers the difference between being responsible and accountable. Please see the section labeled 'Responsibility' in Ray's letter to Dr. Kennedy (http://bible-truths.com/kennedy2.htm).

Rom 8:29-30  For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

John 6:44  No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw [Gk. 'drag'] him: and I will raise him up at the last day

Eph 2:10  For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Those whom God calls, He does the work in them. As such, they will not fail because God does not fail. Though He brings fiery trials to develop a Godly character, those He predestinates will walk in and through them to come out the other side purified.

No one has ever 'missed' their calling because God never misses the mark (which is what sin is: missing the mark). We are all in the spiritual condition that God has us in which by the way means we are PERFECTLY where He has us to be. Whether one has much understanding or little, it is the PERFECT and EXACT position to be in as God's plan for each of us will result in PERFECTION. No matter where any of us feel we are, God's plan for each and every one of us is PERFECTION, crafted into His image, so this place where we're in is the path to that PERFECTION.

Paula, if I misconstrued your words, please take the time to correct me. It will be for the benefit for all members.

Thanks,

Marques

dewey

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2008, 12:16:27 PM »

Darren,
I'm going to take a minute and reply to your post where you say you wonder if you were saved before or you weren't.  NOBODY has been saved yet.  But if you had been touched by the Holy Spirit, you would have understood things then that have only become apparent to you now through Ray's teachings. 

And Marques, you're absolutely correct.  I did not see that in Ray Smith's papers.  I got it from somewhere else.  You know what the scriptures say once you've been shown the truth and go the other way.  That indicates to me that you had been called and rejected his word.  Just my thoughts.

love y'ans,
     Paula

dewey

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2008, 01:26:04 PM »

Dear Claudia,
Thank you for your kind words.  The reason I posted like I did was because I too have become disillusioned with this forum lately and it appears that to find love here a person has to search for it.  I posted the way I did even though I know it's borderline teaching.  I feel it needed to be said to maybe bring this forum back to the spiritual understanding  which I've witnessed here before.

Of course, let our Father's will be done.

love ya,
     Paula said it

hillsbororiver

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2008, 02:22:15 PM »

Recognize that God will only call each human being once.  Therefore, you are responsible now for the knowledge that you are being given.  If one does not act on what he is learning, God will take that understanding away (Rom. 2:13; Psa.111:10), and such a person is in a grave spiritual condition.

Hi Dewey,

Do you happen to have any scriptural witnesses to attest to this proclaimation? I see you have Rom 2:13 & Psa 111:10 next to your statement but I can't make it fit with the conclusion you wrote.
"Recognize that God will only call each human being once."

Here are the verses you quoted;

Rom 2:13  For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

Psa 111:10  The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth forever.

I agree that we are admonished to use what we are given for good but to say that God only calls once or gives only one chance to be purged and perfected is not what the scriptures actually say;

Luk 6:35  But love ye your enemies and do good and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.

Luk 6:36  Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.

Luk 6:37  Judge not and ye shall not be judged: condemn not and ye shall not be condemned: forgive and ye shall be forgiven:

Above we have the Words of our Lord telling us the boundless mercy of our God, there are many more that attest to His patience and longsuffering, here are just a couple; 

Psa 86:15  But thou, O Lord, art a God full of compassion, and gracious, longsuffering and plenteous in mercy and truth.

2Pe 3:9  The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

In Revelation we have Christ rebuking the Church of Ephesus but holding the door open for her to return to Him;

Rev 2:4  Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.

Rev 2:5  Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen and repent and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.

And repent they/we will! Either now or in the next age, it will happen.

When Peter asked our Lord how many times he should forgive another person Jesus said;

Mat 18:21  Then came Peter to him and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me and I forgive him? till seven times?

Mat 18:22  Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.

Does God expect us to be more patient, longsuffering and forgiving than He is willing to be?

Job 4:17  Shall mortal man be more just than God? shall a man be more pure than his maker?

Peace,

Joe

Marlene

« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2008, 02:49:48 PM »

Wow Joe I was reading that last night. Pretty tired. That was good you caught that. I know he has given me plenty of wake up calls over the years. He has always been patient with me. I have not always heeded the call because I was not hearing his voice while in sin. But, he never gives up on us. I also, remember Ray talking about that in one of his papers.

In His Love,
Marlene

AK4

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2008, 05:42:06 PM »

Hi Dewey,

Do you happen to have any scriptural witnesses to attest to this proclaimation? I see you have Rom 2:13 & Psa 111:10 next to your statement but I can't make it fit with the conclusion you wrote.
"Recognize that God will only call each human being once."

Here are the verses you quoted;

Rom 2:13  For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

Psa 111:10  The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth forever.

I agree that we are admonished to use what we are given for good but to say that God only calls once or gives only one chance to be purged and perfected is not what the scriptures actually say;

Luk 6:35  But love ye your enemies and do good and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.

Luk 6:36  Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.

Luk 6:37  Judge not and ye shall not be judged: condemn not and ye shall not be condemned: forgive and ye shall be forgiven:

Above we have the Words of our Lord telling us the boundless mercy of our God, there are many more that attest to His patience and longsuffering, here are just a couple; 

Psa 86:15  But thou, O Lord, art a God full of compassion, and gracious, longsuffering and plenteous in mercy and truth.

2Pe 3:9  The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

In Revelation we have Christ rebuking the Church of Ephesus but holding the door open for her to return to Him;

Rev 2:4  Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.

Rev 2:5  Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen and repent and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.

And repent they/we will! Either now or in the next age, it will happen.

When Peter asked our Lord how many times he should forgive another person Jesus said;

Mat 18:21  Then came Peter to him and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me and I forgive him? till seven times?

Mat 18:22  Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.

Does God expect us to be more patient, longsuffering and forgiving than He is willing to be?

Job 4:17  Shall mortal man be more just than God? shall a man be more pure than his maker?

Peace,

Joe

Just to add to Joes post

Pr 24:16 - For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again: but the wicked shall fall into mischief.

hillsbororiver

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2008, 06:49:09 PM »

Hi Marlene & Anthony (excellent addition by the way),

Thanks for responding and here are a couple more verses in this vein;

Neh 9:28  But after they had rest, they did evil again before thee: therefore leftest thou them in the hand of their enemies, so that they had the dominion over them: yet when they returned and cried unto thee, thou heardest them from heaven; and many times didst thou deliver them according to thy mercies;

Job 33:29  Lo, all these things worketh God oftentimes with man,

Job 33:30  To bring back his soul from the pit, to be enlightened with the light of the living.

Peace,

Joe

EKnight

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2008, 09:11:21 PM »

I'm sure it has been mentioned a hundred times before and I searched before I decided to post so don't everyone jump on me.

I know what happens to the "called" and the "called and Chosen" but what about the NOT Called??  Are they in the LOF/White Throne Judgment/2nd Resurrection with the "Many Called"?  And does this all happen on the "Day of the Lord"?  Simultaneously/all at once?

It's actually my husband's question.

Eileen

dewey

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2008, 09:56:55 PM »

Hi, Joe and Marques

and you guys were right, that was a bad choice of scriptures that I used.  I'm gonna post a few scriptures here, just to have something to ponder over:

Matthew 5:13
Matthew 7:19
Matthew 10:14
NE 5:13

And here's somethin' to think about too:  (Matthew 18:17)  says they searched the scriptures hoping that that would save them.  Do we really need scripture proof of everything that has  been revealed to each other and things that come from your heart?  Some things just can't be explained or put into words - it's just a "feeling" from the heart.  And isn't that where it comes from? 

I once  read in one of Ray's papers that when you're given a spiritual revelation hang on to it. 

Okay, guys, just wanted to reply to your posts and verse my opinion back; but we won't let this conversation get into one of those argumentative stages.  so with that said, this will be our last post on this subject.

Love y'ans in Christs' name

Dewey & Paula 

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 20 queries.