bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: rev 3:20  (Read 16128 times)

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: rev 3:20
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2008, 10:31:51 PM »

"Do we really need scripture proof of everything that has  been revealed to each other and things that come from your heart?"

Knowing MY heart, line me up with people that DO!
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Kat

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2008, 01:48:41 AM »

Hi Eileen,

Rev 3:5  He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life; but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.

Only those whose name are written in the "Book of Life" - Jesus Christ, those with "white garmants" - righteous, will be in the first resurrection.

All the rest of mankind, those called into the church as well as those not, whose name is not in the "Book of Life" will be in the second resurrection - lake of fire, which is the second death.

Rev 20:11  Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them.
v. 12  And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books.
v. 13  The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works.
v. 14  Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
v. 15  And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

I believe this is the 'day of the Lord,' but as for it duration...

2Peter 3:7  But the heavens and the earth which are now preserved by the same word, are reserved for fire until the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
v. 8  But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
v. 9  The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

aqrinc

« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2008, 02:01:31 AM »

Kat,

Would this Scripture also help to explain the lake of fire ???:

I Corinthians 3:15:
If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

george.

Hi Eileen,

Rev 3:5  He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life; but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.

Only those whose name are written in the "Book of Life" - Jesus Christ, those with "white garmants" - righteous, will be in the first resurrection.

All the rest of mankind, those called into the church as well as those not, whose name is not in the "Book of Life" will be in the second resurrection - lake of fire, which is the second death.

Rev 20:11  Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them.
v. 12  And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books.
v. 13  The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works.
v. 14  Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
v. 15  And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

I believe this is the 'day of the Lord,' but as for it duration...

2Peter 3:7  But the heavens and the earth which are now preserved by the same word, are reserved for fire until the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
v. 8  But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
v. 9  The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Kat

« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2008, 02:27:43 AM »

Hi George,

Yes good Scripture for those going to the Lake of fire, but for those in this life too, don't you think.

Mar 9:49  For every one shall be salted with fire, and every sacrifice shall be salted with salt.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Ninny

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2008, 02:34:52 AM »

Hi guys,
thinking about the verses that Paula and Dewy gave-the ones in Matthew and Nehemiah, Do you think these verses are referring to our works being burned as the verse George was referring to in I Corinthians? Is that what all this shaking is talking about? We have learned to look at all the words and their meanings, so maybe I will search this out a little more! :)
Just thinking,
Kathy :)

aqrinc

« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2008, 02:36:33 AM »

I think Ray said that Scripture is never quoted in any hellfire sermon as it would blow up the case right then.

Kat,

Would this Scripture also help to explain the lake of fire ???:

I Corinthians 3:15:
If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

george.

Ninny

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2008, 02:40:16 AM »

I Corinthians 3:15 sure blasts a big hole in the hellfire scenario, doesn't it? :D
Woo-Hoo!
Kathy

aqrinc

« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2008, 02:55:06 AM »

Liberating for All the Ages too. I wonder if the people preaching hellfire and destruction really
do not make the connection. Or are they so lost that the admonition to not blaspheme the
Word's Scriptures goes past them without them even understanding it.

Thank GOD that HE Works All Things together For Good. ;D

george. :-*

hillsbororiver

« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2008, 01:24:22 PM »

Hi, A

I'm doing this just as fast as the Lord gives it to me. 

Now then,

RESPONSIBLE FOR KNOWLEDGE GIVEN

Babies are born knowing nothing.  They do not know even the basics of right and wrong.  They have to be taught virtually everything.  Similarly, the world does not know the things of God - spiritual right from spiritual wrong.  But with the knowledge of these things comes the responsibility to act on it.

Two Bible passages demonstrate that God holds people accountable for what they understand.  Notice James 4:17:  "Therefore to him that KNOWS TO DO GOOD, and does it not, to him it is sin."  Now read Hebrews 10:26:  "For if we sin willfully after that we have received the KNOWLEDGE OF THE TRUTH, there remains no more sacrifice for sins."

Let's understand.  Each time you learn more of God's truth (what is "good"), and it makes sense to you - you at least generally understand it - you are being given extraordinary spiritual knowledge for which God holds you accountable.  Once you have crossed that line, it's like a secret oath between you and Him - break the oath and the punishment is forthcoming.  And you will say "I'm sorry" but you can't be forgiven right then - another age - he knows you know.  It all comes back in your own time - you'll be saved.

This is part of the calling process - and is actually central to it.  Further, it makes understanding how God calls one much more serious than most have believed.  Recognize that God will only call each human being once.  Therefore, you are responsible now for the knowledge that you are being given.  If one does not act on what he is learning, God will take that understanding away (Rom. 2:13; Psa.111:10), and such a person is in a grave spiritual condition.

THE GREATEST FREEDOM

God's truth is most exciting to understand.  It is the path to all the wonderful, good things in life - things God wants you to have.  It is also the path to the greatest freedom that there is!  Christ told certain Jews professing to believe on Him:  "If you continue in My word [the truth - John 17:17], then are you My disciples indeed; and you shall now the truth, and THE TRUTH SHALL MAKE YOU FREE" (John 8:31-32).  You must be willing to "continue" in your studies of God's Word, learning ever more of His truth, which Christ explains will "set you free" from world cut off from God and held captive by Satan.  Even this understanding is precious knowledge.

Your associates in the world probably understand none of these things.  Neither do your relatives.  Without God's calling, they have no possible way of enjoying now what is being offerered to you - if you are understanding and acting upon God's truth.

It is also vital that you make certain the things you are learning.  You should find yourself wanting to PROVE the doctrines of God.  Pauls also told the Thessalonians to "PROVE all things; hold fast that which is good" (I Thes. 5:21).  If you know God is calling you, take time to prove that He exists.  Then prove that the Bible is truly His inspired Word for mankind.

Finally, prove the identity of God's church.  Remove all doubt, leaving no room for confusion.  there are many conterfeit churches - many spiritual "look-alikes" in the world.  Do not be fooled by any of them.  Christ promised, "I will build My Church" (Matt. 16:18).  Determine to know for certain if you have come in contact with it.   Make no mistake, folks, I'm not talking about a building.

At the same time you are proving these things, pray fervently about what you are learning.  When you are unclear on a matter, remember that Christ taught, "Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and you shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you" (Matt. 7:7).

Now I have to ask the older members of this forum, doesn't that sound a lot like some of our newer members?  Are they asking?  Should we be tolerant of them asking the same questions over and over again or versing their opinion on something?  Maybe its not the truth that they speak part of the time; but can't we see that they're searching for the truth?  We must show love.  That's okay, I'll get into that later.

John 14:17 explains how those coming toward conversion begin to find that they can see clearly the things of God.  Notice what Christ said when speaking to His disciples about the Holy Spirit they were soon to receive:  "Even the Spirit of truth; [which] the world cannot receive, because it sees [it] not, neither knows [it]: but you know [it]; for [it] dwells with you, and shall be in you."

At this point, the disciples were much like many today - perhaps like you, too.  They were seeing many spiritual truths in part, but did not yet fully grasp the enormous importance of learning God's Plan and way of life.  Through the Holy Spirit working with them, God was revealing certain things that they would only understand in a greater way once it was in them, beginning at conversion.  Ultimately, to fully understand all the things of God - all the mysteries of the kingdom of God - one must be begotten of the Holy Spirit.  This occurs when it enters directly into the mind!  Lacking baptism in Christ (without hands) and the vital receiving of God's Spirit, it is completely impossible for anyone to truly understand even a single biblical truth!

Sorry it took me so long for this last post.  I had to get some sleep.  My own head was spinning from all the revelations my Father was giving me (and still is).  There's another post to come yet - after I've had my coffee and think it out.  In the meantime, love y'ans.

Paula said it

Hi Dewey and Paula,

Please when cutting and pasting any article give credit to the original author, in this instance that would be David C. Pack who wrote  this article ("Are You Being Called?), it is exactly what you are saying are personal revelations from the Father given to you.

You also know that teaching from other sites is not allowed here as it usually brings strife and contention as well as major portions of leaven.

Ray does not condone the plagiarizing of his work, Mr. Pack would probably feel the same way too.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Joe

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2008, 03:08:28 PM »

A simple search on Google: http://www.exitsupportnetwork.com/artcls/Pack.htm

Not what we want on this forum.

Dennis

aqrinc

« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2008, 03:27:11 PM »

Dennis,

Thanks for looking out for us; I was perplexed about GOD calling once. I have seen no Scripture to support
that but would be interested if there is; to see where that fits into The Gospel Of The Kingdom. Since All
Will Be Saved and some do not heed the call now; that does not make even physical much less Spiritual
sense. If i am wrong in this understanding please point me in the right direction. ???

Love And Patient Learning,

george. :)

AK4

« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2008, 04:51:00 PM »

A simple search on Google: http://www.exitsupportnetwork.com/artcls/Pack.htm

Not what we want on this forum.

Dennis

Hi Dennis

Have you noticed the trend of these COG pastors claiming to be "the end-time apostle".  It makes me laugh because they all are following exactly after HWA.

I came out of this babylon from this self proclaimed end-time witness.  Convienantly his wife was the other end time witness of Revelations

*links not allowed* (Dennis posted the link above to expose the false teaching presented to the forum).

But i just glanced at his site----I just thought i would congratulate them on finding their 50th truth.  Wow!! I wonder how many more truths they will find.  If theyre just now getting to 50 they have a loooooooooong way to go.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 04:58:14 PM by Kat »

Vangie

« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2008, 10:50:20 PM »

Thanks Joe for bringing this false testimony to light.  This puts a real spin on "testing the spirits".  Thanks again to Joe as well as Dennis (and all of our true family) for looking out for us. 

Love in Christ,
Vangie

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2008, 11:47:22 AM »

And here's somethin' to think about too:  (Matthew 18:17)  says they searched the scriptures hoping that that would save them.  Do we really need scripture proof of everything that has  been revealed to each other and things that come from your heart?  Some things just can't be explained or put into words - it's just a "feeling" from the heart.  And isn't that where it comes from? 

I once  read in one of Ray's papers that when you're given a spiritual revelation hang on to it. 

Perhaps not, but on this forum, yes, we require scriptural proof. "Feelings" are meaningless here.

After many years on this forum I've seen many personal revelations that came from the "heart" that were totally wrong.

The problem is there are always new people coming to this forum and they have not yet figured out how to separate wheat from the chaff (read b.s.). They will accept someones "feelings" as truth and be led astray.

We will always have individuals that "think" they have a special channel to God that no one else has, and they feel it is their duty to share these personal revelations on this forum. IMO this is 99% ego (beast) driven by a need to be looked up to (worship the beast [Rev 14:11]).

Pro 3:5  Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Pro 3:7  Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.

Dennis

hillsbororiver

« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2008, 12:31:48 PM »

So true Dennis,

We all should keep Isaiah 8:20 in mind whenever we meditate on spiritual things, we cannot trust our natural heart, inclinations or feelings;

Isa 8:20  To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

Ecc 9:3  This is an evil among all things that are done under the sun, that there is one event unto all: yea, also the heart of the sons of men is full of evil and madness is in their heart while they live and after that they go to the dead.

Jer 3:17  At that time they shall call Jerusalem the throne of the LORD; and all the nations shall be gathered unto it, to the name of the LORD, to Jerusalem: neither shall they walk any more after the imagination of their evil heart.

Jer 7:24  But they hearkened not, nor inclined their ear, but walked in the counsels and in the imagination of their evil heart and went backward and not forward.

Jer 11:8  Yet they obeyed not, nor inclined their ear, but walked every one in the imagination of their evil heart: therefore I will bring upon them all the words of this covenant, which I commanded them to do; but they did them not.

Jer 13:10  This evil people, which refuse to hear my words, which walk in the imagination of their heart and walk after other gods, to serve them, and to worship them, shall even be as this girdle, which is good for nothing.

Jer 14:14  Then the LORD said unto me, The prophets prophesy lies in my name: I sent them not, neither have I commanded them, neither spoke unto them: they prophesy unto you a false vision and divination and a thing of naught and the deceit of their heart.

Jer 17:9  The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Jer 23:17  They say still unto them that despise me, The LORD hath said, Ye shall have peace; and they say unto every one that walketh after the imagination of his own heart, No evil shall come upon you.

Mat 15:19  For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:

There is so much wisdom to be mined from the Word of God, we have yet to scratch the surface, why do we need unscriptural "extra revelations" when there is so much more to discover within His Word?

Peace,

Joe

Ninny

« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2008, 05:01:36 PM »

Dennis & Joe,
You are my heroes!! :D :D :-* :-*
Thank you, I know it is hard for some of us to be able to understand the Bible without having to try to be sifting through a lot of extra stuff! It's hard not to get carried around by "every wind of doctrine" if you don't have a sound basis in understanding scripture.
Just thanks, that's all.
Kathy ;)   

winner08

« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2008, 05:39:08 PM »

I just got back to my computer and I want to reply to deweys comment about me rejecting God.
Well I don't believe rejection is the correct word even though you would disagree. I like many others heard what I believed (now) to be Gods calling. Even though I did not seek the truth I never stop believing in God. From time to time I would read and study but never fully commiting myself to Him. Now that has all changed and since God is in control of all That He knows the End from the Beginning then He knew excatly what I would do He knew I would not accept Him  at that time, that it would take yrs for me to commit. Saying all that I am sure I am not the only one who rejected God (as you said) and was Draged back to Him by His Son Jesus Christ. Infact I dare to say what happen to me happen to many people. I remember reading where Peter and the rest of Jesus discipiles who learned who ate who slept who drank with Christ fled and denied ever knowing Him Had nothing to do with Jesus. Would you say they (rejected God)? I say yes. But God knew what they would do and God knew what I would do. All in All Jesus came back for this one out of the 99. Just as in the prodical son I also return(dragged) I should say.

Darren
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 24 queries.