bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Out of Egypt  (Read 16783 times)

mharrell08

Out of Egypt
« on: November 24, 2008, 02:18:40 AM »

Exo 17:3  And the people thirsted there for water; and the people murmured against Moses, and said, Wherefore is this that thou hast brought us up out of Egypt, to kill us and our children and our cattle with thirst?

Exo 14:11-12  And they said unto Moses, Because there were no graves in Egypt, hast thou taken us away to die in the wilderness? wherefore hast thou dealt thus with us, to carry us forth out of Egypt? Is not this the word that we did tell thee in Egypt, saying, Let us alone, that we may serve the Egyptians? For it had been better for us to serve the Egyptians, than that we should die in the wilderness.

Exo 32:7  And the LORD said unto Moses, Go, get thee down; for thy people, which thou broughtest out of the land of Egypt, have corrupted themselves:

"Cry aloud, spare not, lift up your voice like a trumpet, and show MY PEOPLE their transgression, and the house of Jacob their sins" (Isa. 58:1).

There has been a lot of murmuring and complaining on this forum lately in the same fashion as the stubborn children of Israel in the wilderness. While some choose to voice like a trumpet to these members who look wistfully back to Egypt, others choose to help them polish these idols of the heart and tell them how wonderful they are. This is wrong. Why do we continue to stroke their egos when instead helping them understand the correction that has been presented to them?

Mark 7:6  He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.

Matt 7:21  Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Matt 13:18-22  Hear ye therefore the parable of the sower. When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it; Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended. He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.

Matt 11:6  And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me.

John 6:61  When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, Doth this offend you?

Listen, those who keep idols of the heart will always be the ones who are 'easily offended'. It has nothing to do with the 'way the message was said' but rather the message of truth itself is what these members have a problem with. They wish to worship the Father 'their way' not in spirit and in truth.

Though they apologize profusely again and again, there acts of repentance are a sham as they continue to worship their idols of their hearts and tell you 'don't judge me!'

2 Cor 6:14  Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

Lev 20:24  But I have said unto you, Ye shall inherit their land, and I will give it unto you to possess it, a land that floweth with milk and honey: I am the LORD your God, which have separated you from other people.

What fellowship does light have with darkness? Or believers with nonbelievers? These conflicts are of Satan as Joe pointed out previously and the means are believers being yoked together with unbelievers. And because of this, which Paul admonishes us NOT to do, we have ongoing conflicts. It's not a matter of one stating 'Well, I am not as learned as you'. That has nothing to do with it and I am tired of hearing that lame excuse. It is a matter of being humble, being teachable, and giving up these idols of the heart.

Matt 10:34  Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

Job 20:5  That the triumphing of the wicked is short, and the joy of the hypocrite but for a moment?

Isa 57:21  There is no peace, saith my God, to the wicked.

So there is no confusion: If you DO NOT want to give up these idols of YOUR HEART after multiple members continue to point them out, you have no business here! Your presence will only cause strife and chaos. If you DO want to give up these idols of the heart, stop putting it back together after the Word of God smashes it into a thousand pieces. This has gone on long enough but we all need to put our foot down. Otherwise, this forum will be the redundant, unfruitful, chaotic mess where it is headed.

Thanks,

Marques

Jackie Lee

Re: Out of Egypt
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 03:15:37 AM »

What Idols are you speaking of exactly?

Beloved

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 03:37:38 AM »

Neh 9:15  And gavest them bread from heaven for their hunger, and broughtest forth water for them out of the rock for their thirst, and promisedst them that they should go in to possess the land which thou hadst sworn to give them.

We need to focus on posessing the land. 

1Co 4:11  Even unto this present hour we both hunger, and thirst, and are naked, and are buffeted, and have no certain dwelling place;

We need to focus on the word and adide in it.

As Ray wrote

We have clearly seen that Jesus kept the real meaning and truths of His teaching from the masses, the church leaders, His disciples and even His apostles. Late in Christ’s ministry, we are told that:

"And they understood NONE OF THESE THINGS: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the THINGS WHICH WERE SPOKEN" (Luke 18:34).

But after His resurrection, Luke tells us that:

"THEN opened He their understanding, that they might understand THE SCRIPTURES: (Luke 24:45).

We need to study and pray that all will have our eyes open for His revelations

1Jn 2:24  Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.

Most importanly, we need to 

1Co 13:7  Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

beloved

mharrell08

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 08:40:25 AM »

Excerpt from LOF series #14:

others make an idol of the heart out of Christian Politics;

others make an idol of the heart out of their own church affiliation or pastor or choir or a plethora of church activities;
(and how they 'hated it all' and make is seem they had a hand in God dragging them out)

others (many) make an idol of the heart out of some pet, little-understood and little-believed Bible prophecy, which only they understand;

others make an idol of the heart out of much speaking using spiritually-sounding words and phrases (of which they understand little or nothing);

and others just flat out worship themselves

While others wish to discuss 'chosen', 'Elect', 1st and 2nd resurrection, etc. not in accord with Ray's teachings or the scriptures, just their own carnal reasonings and understandings. If you wish to see these things for yourself, look through the first 2-3 pages of General Discussions, particularly ones with multiple pages.

Thanks,

Marques

mharrell08

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2008, 11:17:00 AM »

Here are some more exact examples:

1. Some create idols of the heart by disregarding the scriptures and Ray's teachings regarding one verse interpreting itself. These members will continue to insist 1 verse has a different meaning than the rest of the scriptures all together. 2 Pet 1:20 ...that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. Matt 18:16 ...in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.

2. Some create idols of the heart by either stating and/or implying they are of the chosen or that God cannot make them into the chosen. Both of these sentiments demean the very words of our Lord who stated it is He who does the choosing and nothing is too hard for God. John 15:16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you... Matt 19:26 ...with God all things are possible.

3. Some create idols of the heart by continuing to insist that political and social events are a sign of the Lord's  judgments on the House of God going on now. Judgement brings about righteousness and is spiritual...Christ & His judgement comes to US 'quickly' not those of the world. Isa 26:9 ...for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness. John 6:63 ...the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit. Rev 22:20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly...

4. Some create idols of the heart by creating numerous posts that have nothing to do with scriptures and/or Ray's teachings but are a means to say 'Look at me'. They treat the General Discussions as a personal blog with complete disregard for anyone else looking for spiritual truths...not commentary that borders on heresy. 1 Tim 1:6  From which some having swerved have turned aside unto vain jangling. 2 Tim 2:16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

5. Some create idols of the heart by bringing their carnal conversations of the world into the forum. Why are these members trying to find reasoning with the members of the world who have a different interpretation of the bible? We are not to cast our pearls before swine as they trample them and look to rear us into pieces. Matt 7:6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

6. Some create idols of the heart by using the excuse 'well, I'm still learning' to post heresy after heresy. The are not well learned in the teachings of Ray and neither do they want to be. They want to continue to hold on to false beliefs from the church with a death grip which is exactly what it is. 2 Tim 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. 2 Tim 3:8-9 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith. But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as their's also was.

7. Others just flat out don't believe the scriptures and Ray's teachings when presented to them. They believe their own personal 'understanding' supercedes all. Matt 13:11-12 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given. For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.

Isa 30:10  Which say to the seers, See not; and to the prophets, Prophesy not unto us right things, speak unto us smooth things, prophesy deceits:

2 John 1:10-11  If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

These verses are very plain...we are not to put up with this carnality at the expense of portraying a 'lovey-dovey' forum. We are not to speak 'smooth things' to tickle the ears of those who continue to resist the spirit and dwell in the flesh.

Thanks,

Marques

Richard D

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2008, 05:05:10 PM »

Hello Marques.

I have read this thread and see you have made some great points. But after rereading this thread a few times I feel this thread is about bringing one under law, this is just my opinion my brother.

Rom 8:15  For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

Rom 8:35  Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

If it were possible to lump everyone into the same identical spiritual understanding there would not be conflicts on the forum. If I may used the analogy of school grades one through twelve would a sophomore teacher expect the same from a fifth grade student?

Rom 7:14  For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
Rom 7:15  For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

Marques, I cannot answer for another only myself and as God shows me my failures and short coming in this life I can only identified with the publican.

Luk 18:13  And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

Luk 18:38  And he cried, saying, Jesus, thou Son of David, have mercy on me.

God has brought all of us to this forum with different personalities and backgrounds from the Unites States to China and in between.  As our personalities differ so won’t the threads and responses also differ because we are at different spiritual areas in our walk with God.

Rom 8:33  Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

Rom 8:34  Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

Is it possible that there may be some here who are using deception?

Luk 18:7  And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?

As I’m contemplating on what you’re trying to covey, it brings to my understanding a perfect forum which is great. I think the only way to achieve this type of forum where everyone is on the same page is to allow membership to this forum after passing a test on all of Ray’s papers and of course is one receives less that a grade of 100% on the test then admittance to membership should be denied.

Now as long as everyone on the forum kept equal in knowledge with one another all would be well until just one of its members where to advance in knowledge over another member, then we would be back to square # 1 again.

I’m seeing much criticism in your thread about a brother or sister posting and replying in a way you do not approve of.

Luk 13:2  And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things?

Luk 17:4  And if he trespass against thee seven times in a day, and seven times in a day turn again to thee, saying, I repent; thou shalt forgive him.

We are all here to learn but some of us learn faster than others and I believe it takes one more time to loose their worldliness than another too.  One can only grow at the rate God has determined and not by the determination of the believer or another forum member.

Marques, I have only expressed my opinion as you have expressed your opinion my brother, but what you have expressed to my understanding is putting one under law, especially those who’s understanding  fall short of your understanding or Another’s.

IMHO           

In God’s Love. Your friend and brother, Richard.

aqrinc

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2008, 05:38:58 PM »

Brothers and Sisters All,

Once again i will interject with hope that what i write does not cause strife but edifies all who
read it. One of The Fruits Of The Spirit is Longsuffering another is Patience; these two seem to
be most needed and least practiced by Believers when under fire (spiritual attack) in many instances.

Sometimes when conversing online most of what we want to convey is only being seen or at
least looked at on the visual level. Wisdom (Another Fruit) would tell us to ask for clarification
and then contemplate hard and long before answering. Since early in the morning of Sun 23rd
November there has been a series of rapidfire responses and counterfire to percieved attacks.

We the Believers are under attack in a very ferocious and devious way by mighty forces of
spiritual darkness intent on sowing discord and if possible to destroy any who may be weak.
It is time to circle the wagons and aim out not in, those that are weak need Cuddling and Love.

We are all here because we have been called and dragged against our will out of Egypt and then
enlightened. As Jesus Christ Is Saying: In as much as you have done it onto the least of these;
My Brothers (Children) you have done it unto me.

george.

mharrell08

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2008, 05:40:48 PM »

We are all here to learn but some of us learn faster than others and I believe it takes one more time to loose their worldliness than another too.  One can only grow at the rate God has determined and not by the determination of the believer or another forum member.

Marques, I have only expressed my opinion as you have expressed your opinion my brother, but what you have expressed to my understanding is putting one under law, especially those who’s understanding  fall short of your understanding or Another’s.

Richard, I don't understand how you missed these statements after reading and rereading this thread as you stated.

"It's not a matter of one stating 'Well, I am not as learned as you'. That has nothing to do with it and I am tired of hearing that lame excuse. It is a matter of being humble, being teachable, and giving up these idols of the heart."

"6. Some create idols of the heart by using the excuse 'well, I'm still learning' to post heresy after heresy. The are not well learned in the teachings of Ray and neither do they want to be. They want to continue to hold on to false beliefs from the church with a death grip which is exactly what it is. 2 Tim 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. 2 Tim 3:8-9 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith. But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as their's also was.

This has nothing to do with 'being under law'. Your opinion is off-base and unfounded.

This thread is a call to all members to not look back to Egypt and speak out on those that do so. Not all members will understand this as they only give their idols of the heart full attention. I have explained this enough...either we are to edify (help and/or correct) one another or be edified (accept help and/or correction) from one another. If one does not fit one of these positions, they have no place here as their stubbornness only causes strife, conflict, and chaos. For what fellowship does light have with darkness?

Thanks,

Marques

mharrell08

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2008, 05:46:50 PM »

It is time to circle the wagons and aim out not in, those that are weak need Cuddling and Love.

No George...while your acts of peacekeeping have their place, this 'cuddling and love' only promotes those who wish to please the flesh.

Isa 30:10  Which say to the seers, See not; and to the prophets, Prophesy not unto us right things, speak unto us smooth things, prophesy deceits:

2 John 1:10-11  If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

"These verses are very plain...we are not to put up with this carnality at the expense of portraying a 'lovey-dovey' forum. We are not to speak 'smooth things' to tickle the ears of those who continue to resist the spirit and dwell in the flesh."

Thanks,

Marques

mharrell08

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2008, 06:14:56 PM »

Few excerpts from 'Fools, Hypocrites, Snakes':

"I'm not sure why it is automatically assumed that if one sounds angry there is something wrong with his message. When speaking of immoral and evil things that hurt and deceive people, it behooves us to be ANGRY about such things. Anger does not have to be a sin. God’s anger is mentioned a couple of hundreds times in Scripture. Many of the teachings of the Church are not only evil, but they are stupid and foolish. Sarcasm is often the perfect exposer of stupidity."

WHEN LIGHT IS DARKNESS

"The light of the body is the eye: if therefore, your eye be single, your whole body shall be full of light. But if your eye be evil, your whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the LIGHT that be in you is DARKNESS, how great is that darkness!" (Matt. 6:22-23).

What? If the LIGHT that be in you is DARKNESS? Isn’t that a little demeaning and sarcastic to say that even our own goodness is evil (dark)? This is not only an exaggeration; this is a physiological IMPOSSIBILITY! Yes, a "physiological" impossibility, but NOT A SPIRITUAL impossibility! Jesus is saying that even the supposed "goodness" (light) in us, is actually "evil." (darkness). How can that be? Because:

"…None is good, save One, that is , GOD" (Luke 18:19).

Maybe it is about time some of you started to feel a little anger toward all the spiritual swill and filth that is merchandised and peddled to the world in the name of Christianity! For those few, however, who are teaching the true Gospel of Jesus Christ, GOD BLESS YOU ONE AND ALL!

Marques

Richard D

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2008, 06:37:46 PM »

Hi Marques.

I should have mentioned and I apologize for not having done so but it was with reply # 4 on your thread I felt was putting one under law.

I read your last reply on reply # 8 and you said this.

If one does not fit one of these positions, they have no place here as their stubbornness only causes strife, conflict, and chaos. For what fellowship does light have with darkness?

This statement is law to my understanding and this is just my opinion but to me it’s like saying unless one writes a thread or responds in a way I approve of then they have no place here.

Marques, you quote this scripture Tim 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. Would you give me a time limit on this scripture please?

How about this for learning, there is no hell, we do not have free will and God will save all eventually, when his judgments are in the earth the inhabitants of the earth will learn righteousness. It is physical first then spiritual, before eve took from the fruit of the tree of good and evil she already had lust of the eye lust of the flesh and the pride of life.

I could go on and on but Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. Who are you directing this scripture too?

Marques, this is just my opinion like I said but I feel it’s about being put under law and not about edifying.

Marques, could you help me with my understanding with this statement you made which I’ll place below as I’m having a difficult time with it.

"It's not a matter of one stating 'Well, I am not as learned as you'. That has nothing to do with it and I am tired of hearing that lame excuse.

Thank you Marques for your response.  :)

In God’s Love. Richard.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 07:02:07 PM by Richard D »

Marlene

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2008, 06:41:57 PM »

Marques, I am sorry. Two years ago I had a huge stroke.  I sometimes have trouble expressing myself. I believe all that Ray teaches only because God words teaches the truth. Joe, and Rodger and Indiana Bob, answered my qestion. I have love for the lost. They saw I had anxiety for them. Now, last time I  read the Bible God loves the lost. I often go in and read Rays papers over and over. Now, while in Babylon I did not believe in tithe, I gave with my heart as new testament taught. I never had 10 percent to give any way. I never believed in the trinity. I got to questioning all there doctrines. Also, Love is the answer to every thing. Now, God is going to judge each individualy, but I do not think we know every ones heart. I do not want to go back to Babylon's teachings. But, I do have a heart that Loves all humanity. Could it be that God has put this in me. For, I believe it is one of the many traits of God. He acttualy sums ups his commandments as Love. God is love. Does he judge us because we are not where someone else might be. I am for showing truths.

Now, I believe in order to be chosen we have to have all those traits. I can't see God wanting any less. We are all running a race. Some are still at different pace and this is of Gods choosing. So, argue that with God. You are a young mand. Now, I am not saying you are but knowledge done is good, but also I said, that I did not express myself well. I gave you the reason. The Lord protected me Marques with a 109 temp and no paralysis from a stroke I had while suffering a deadly blood infection. Now, I hope we can all look at this as my mistake and forgiven and forget and love. Marques, I am humble it was all my fault. I don't like to cause division, never did it in Babylon and do not like to here. So, I will just read post and learn from them. I will not post until I understand or can express myself better.

In His Love,
Marlene

mharrell08

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2008, 07:06:23 PM »

I read your last reply on reply # 8 and you said this.

If one does not fit one of these positions, they have no place here as their stubbornness only causes strife, conflict, and chaos. For what fellowship does light have with darkness?

This statement is law to my understanding and this is just my opinion but to me it’s like saying unless one writes a thread or responds in a way I approve of then they have no place here.

Again, your opinion is off-base. My approval should be the least of a members' concerns. This is about having scriptures and Ray's teachings as a foundation in regarding fruitful discussions as that is why we are here...right? We are not here for vain babblings, are we? Or to mix spiritual truth with our carnal reasoning and understandings? I can't keep repeating the same thing again and again.

Marques, you quote this scripture Tim 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. Would you give me a time limit on this scripture please?

How about this for learning, there is no hell, we do not have free will and God will save all eventually, when his judgments are in the earth the inhabitants of the earth will learn righteousness. It is physical first then spiritual, before eve took from the fruit of the tree of good and evil she already had lust of the eye lust of the flesh and the pride of life.

I could go on and on but Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. Who are you directing this scripture too?

In response to your patronizing question, I never stated there was a time limit when it comes to gaining any spiritual understanding. All scriptures is for EVERYONE "and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: [2 Tim 3:16]. But there are members who repeat what they have heard from Ray and others here but then make comments that are contrary.

Marques, this is just my opinion like I said but I feel it’s about being put under law and not about edifying.

Marques, could you help me with my understanding with this statement you made which I’ll place below as I’m having a difficult time with it.

"It's not a matter of one stating 'Well, I am not as learned as you'. That has nothing to do with it and I am tired of hearing that lame excuse.

Richard, perhaps you should have reflected on the next statement after this one: "It is a matter of being humble, being teachable, and giving up these idols of the heart."

Richard, these phony acts of sincerity are as see-through as a window pane. Others may flock to you as you tickle their ears with smooth talk, but not I. Good day sir.

Marques

Kat

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2008, 07:17:59 PM »

Hi Marques,

You are taken a strong position here, but I see it as only beneficial for the forum.  If we are all of the same spirit we will be able to see this truth, even if we may not be able to have a depth of understanding it.  Just like in Ray's articles there is a wealth of deep spiritual knowledge there, but those just having their eyes opened can still recognize it as truth.  Even though they may not understand the deep spiritual meaning in the articles for some time.

We are here because we are seeking the truth, either you will unite with the teachings that are being promoted here or we won't.  We have always welcomed questions here, it's when the questioner does not want the answers they gets that there might be strife.  We do need to consider what a great privilege it is to be here and to share this wonderful truth.

1Co 2:6  Yet among the mature we do impart wisdom, although it is not a wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age, who are doomed to pass away.
v. 7  But we impart a secret and hidden wisdom of God, which God decreed before the ages for our glorification.
v. 8  None of the rulers of this age understood this; for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
v. 9  But, as it is written, "What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man conceived, what God has prepared for those who love him,"
v. 10  God has revealed to us through the Spirit. For the Spirit searches everything, even the depths of God.
v. 11  For what person knows a man's thoughts except the spirit of the man which is in him? So also no one comprehends the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.
v. 12  Now we have received not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit which is from God, that we might understand the gifts bestowed on us by God.
v. 13  And we impart this in words not taught by human wisdom but taught by the Spirit, interpreting spiritual truths to those who possess the Spirit.
v. 14  The unspiritual man does not receive the gifts of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned.
v. 15  The spiritual man judges all things, but is himself to be judged by no one.
v. 16  "For who has known the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him?" But we have the mind of Christ.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

hillsbororiver

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2008, 07:25:58 PM »

Hi Everyone,

In a couple of the most recent threads I started (Jonah's Gourd & Peaceful Oasis) the point I was attempting to convey is that there is no place of undefiled, perfect fellowship anywhere, period. There never has been either, yes, for a very short period of time during the Former Rain the early church had this experience of a single purpose of mind but then there was this bit of faithlessness (is that a word?) on the part of Ananias & Sapphira (Acts 5) and then the stoning of Stephen (Acts 7) where we see many fleeing with a fearful spirit.

Many who "stumble" onto Bible Truths come to the Forum with unreal expectations (I know I did) that this would be one happy family merrily learning and sharing together with no strife, no divisons, no controversies. Well let me say from 3 1/2 years of experience that this has never been the case, some periods are more peaceful than others but the bottom line is not how we perceive others who might actually desire strife but how we ourselves as individuals react to it. Do we run, do we challenge and accuse, do we seek understanding, how do we respond?

Over the years it has become intensely apparent that this is indeed a One on one walk with our Lord, I have mentioned this probably hundreds (literally) of times over the years. The Lord will use our interactions to purge us, judge us and eventually to perfect us. We are a spiritual family and household, who will be the ones who cause us the most grief, who are the ones we should really show the most nurturing toward?

Mat 10:36  And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

Gal 6:10  As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.

It ain't an easy journey Brothers and Sisters!

Peace,

Joe

Richard D

« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2008, 07:28:14 PM »

Marques.

I see now you stand in judgment of me and you say now I’m also a phony whom you can see through.

These are your words to me Marques and I’ll put them below.

Richard, these phony acts of sincerity are as see-through as a window pane. Others may flock to you as you tickle their ears with smooth talk, but not I. Good day sir.
Marques, I forgive you for this statement but be careful you don’t turn into another Jim Jones with your much learning my friend because all I’m seeing from you is self righteousness not the righteousness that comes from the righteousness of God.

Marques, I think you have a chip on your shoulder my friend and are just in a bad mood today.

I agree to disagree with your thread (OUT OF EGYPT) which makes me wonder if your not still there.

God bless you Marques and have a wonderful day my friend and brother in the Lord.

Richard.

mharrell08

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2008, 07:29:02 PM »

Marques, I am sorry. Two years ago I had a huge stroke.  I sometimes have trouble expressing myself. I believe all that Ray teaches only because God words teaches the truth. Joe, and Rodger and Indiana Bob, answered my qestion. I have love for the lost. They saw I had anxiety for them. Now, last time I  read the Bible God loves the lost. I often go in and read Rays papers over and over. Now, while in Babylon I did not believe in tithe, I gave with my heart as new testament taught. I never had 10 percent to give any way. I never believed in the trinity. I got to questioning all there doctrines. Also, Love is the answer to every thing. Now, God is going to judge each individualy, but I do not think we know every ones heart. I do not want to go back to Babylon's teachings. But, I do have a heart that Loves all humanity. Could it be that God has put this in me. For, I believe it is one of the many traits of God. He acttualy sums ups his commandments as Love. God is love. Does he judge us because we are not where someone else might be. I am for showing truths.

Now, I believe in order to be chosen we have to have all those traits. I can't see God wanting any less. We are all running a race. Some are still at different pace and this is of Gods choosing. So, argue that with God. You are a young mand. Now, I am not saying you are but knowledge done is good, but also I said, that I did not express myself well. I gave you the reason. The Lord protected me Marques with a 109 temp and no paralysis from a stroke I had while suffering a deadly blood infection. Now, I hope we can all look at this as my mistake and forgiven and forget and love. Marques, I am humble it was all my fault. I don't like to cause division, never did it in Babylon and do not like to here. So, I will just read post and learn from them. I will not post until I understand or can express myself better.

In His Love,
Marlene

Dear Marlene,

Do not let the timing of this post consume you into thinking this is all about you. These postings are for everyone who has an ear to hear.

Now, for some tough love...this statement of yours: "Now, while in Babylon I did not believe in tithe, I gave with my heart as new testament taught. I never had 10 percent to give any way. I never believed in the trinity. I got to questioning all there doctrines."

There is no good in Babylon and when you hold onto the thought that you did so much good while in Babylon, that is an IDOL OF THE HEART. I am only stating this to help you recognize it and REPENT. This is not to 'bully you' or put you down. This is what the scriptures refer to when stating, 'Sound the trumpet...show my people their transgressions'...Isa 58:1. For if no one shows you (as you state Joe and others did previously) how you you know and repent? God states he uses the 'foolishness of preaching' to save people. This is that foolishness...so let us turn away from these idols, stop looking back to Egypt, and walk in Christ footsteps. That is what this thread is all about.

Hope this helps,

Marques

Marlene

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2008, 07:55:03 PM »

Marques, I am sorry.  But, God did bring me out. Yes, I will repent I did not see them as idols of the heart. I sure there are plenty of idols of the heart. If, I might say one Idol I gave up was about Rev. All those teachings I had bought books about. One, day after reading Rays teachings on Rev. I got up and through all those stupid books away. I do want to grow and I know that God put this in me. I am not well Marques so I am not always best at my thinking.
I am sorry that I thouoght you were saying it just to me. Will you forgive me. I hope to learn more from you.

In His Love,
Marlene

Richard D

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2008, 08:15:40 PM »

Many who "stumble" onto Bible Truths come to the Forum with unreal expectations (I know I did) that this would be one happy family merrily learning and sharing together with no strife, no divisons, no controversies. ?

Amen to that Joe.

In God's Love. Richard.

Snowfire

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2008, 09:18:46 PM »

What I hear Marques conveying to you is not that you didn’t perceive that God was leading you while you were in bablylon, you did indeed observe these things in your life (God working in you)  But it was not your perception that established it or confirms it.  It is by  grace of God, the divine cause, (divine influence of God upon the heart, not your perceptibility (being able to see) nor by our perception of all the things that we have suffered and will suffer in this life.  It is all of God.

For example the statement  "Now, while in Babylon I did not believe in tithe“,  If you did not believe in tithe while in babylon, it was not your perception of the belief in not tithing, it was by “the divine Grace of God” in you, not by you, that cause you to look at tithing in a way that the world does not.

“I gave with my heart as new testament taught“.  It never was in you to give with your heart.  It was the “the divine Grace of God” in you that cause you to give as the new testament taught while in Babylon.  What ever good thing you find in yourself doing, it was never there by our ability to perceive it in us.  It is there by God’s doing alone.  To God be the Glory.

If everything that we are is by the  “the divine Grace of God” in us, how is it we find ourselves wronged by others by the way that we perceive things (our way of thinking).  If everything that we are has been given to us and not of our selves, by whose standards have we been wronged. Ours?  It never was by us or in us to begin with.  It never was by our standards which can be subject to rejection and hurt. Every Godly standard that we experience  in our life was all of God, in God and thru God from the beginning.

All that Marques has posted is of God’s standards, not his.

Rick
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 20 queries.