bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: God's will  (Read 6069 times)

jennie

God's will
« on: November 24, 2008, 11:36:30 AM »

I was reading and thinking on some things this morning and without going into a lot of detail about my personal situation... I believe things had to happen as they did to get us out of the church. It was all God's will. Without the hurtful and confusing things maybe we would have kept overlooking many things and stayed there. Now I know about God's will versus free will and believe it had to be all Him. Much love, Jennie

jeetkunejimi

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: God's will
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 01:32:48 PM »

Hi Jennie,
             your spot on, everyone's testimony is similar when they are called out of Babylon by God's Holy Spirit will rather than one's own apparent freewill via petty squabblings (Rev 18:4). All things God is working to the completion of His awesome grand plan to save all of His creation in due time to be testified by Christ.

Don't you just love it when a plan comes together? Lol.

Herein is our joy, herein is ourt peace, that God  Almighty really is in charge, sovereign of all, all in all. Amen sister.
Join me now in my new massive money making business venture, selling asbestos blankets only on Sundays at the exits of Orthodox churches. It's really gonna take off.

Marlene

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 10:03:25 PM »

Jennie, I blieve our life is a journey and our times in church serve a purpose. Some he will call out and some he will not. But, he loves us all and all will learn under his loving care. I always, look back at my journey and see even my falls brought me where I am today. I just thank him,that any traits like his that I have obtained are all his doing. But, it comforts when you see what he is making you become.

In His Love,
Marlene

Jackie Lee

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 10:28:14 PM »

Yes I agree our life is a journey.
God takes us down roads we have to take those paths to get to a place.
Then he takes us to another place.
 God has always worked with me this way.
I expect he will do this until the end of my earthly life.

jennie

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2008, 10:34:17 PM »

Many thanks to you all for your encouragement. I have been hurt and so mad over things that happened but when I think instead that it was God's will, I think I can bearup better. Much love to ya'll! Jennie
p.s. In spite of our troubles, I must say that God has provided a lovely turkey for me to cook for our family gathering this week. Also someone gave me 3 huge sweet potatoes so I will cook that souffle' and a can of pumpkin for a pie. Almost forgot... Irish ( or arsh as we say) on sale for creamed potatoes and good old green beans and corn we froze from the garden this summer What a feast of Thanksgiving! I hope ya'll eat till you are full too!

Samson

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2008, 10:48:09 PM »

I was reading and thinking on some things this morning and without going into a lot of detail about my personal situation... I believe things had to happen as they did to get us out of the church. It was all God's will. Without the hurtful and confusing things maybe we would have kept overlooking many things and stayed there. Now I know about God's will versus free will and believe it had to be all Him. Much love, Jennie

Hello Jennie,

Absolutely, we need to experience Evil and falsehoods in order to see the contrasts.
                  Evil contrasted with Good and Falsehood contrasted with Truth. I know people of
                  particular Denominations where everything is going well both materially and supposedly
                  spiritually and they automatically attribute that to the understanding that " God must
                  approve of my Church " or something to that effect.

Most, if not all of the people that are led to this site have had there share of bad experiences
                  in their former church(s) and in life, apparently benefiting from all of this. Many in this Age won't
                  even come to this realization. They will have to wait for the Resurrection.

Glad you are benefiting from your experiences, as well. It's a long and difficult journey, but I
                  always preferred to know the Truth in everything and glad you are here.  :)

Kind Regards, Samson.

jennie

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2008, 10:55:08 PM »

Thank you Samson. It is a hard journey but one I am on now!

Ninny

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2008, 09:55:32 AM »

Jennie! Oh my goodness! My mom and dad ALWAYS said "arsh potatoes"!! Such a small world! My parents were from Oklahoma.
Smiling :D
Kathy :)

jennie

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2008, 01:36:53 PM »

It is a small world but so comforting to know that all those familiar words still continue even though people are no longer here with us! Much love to you from arsh potato eating Jennie!

Ninny

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2008, 02:57:31 PM »

:D :D :D
Kathy ;)

Robin

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2008, 04:55:22 PM »

I tried staying in the church because I thought I must be crazy. How could this truth be true when no one else in the world believes it? They are huge and I am nothing. It wasn't logical for God to teach me something and open my eyes. I was a damaged nobody. That last year in the church was very hurtful. God used a movie to open my eyes more to show me the hypocrisy. I had a book at the time and I opened the book after the movie and read these words. I knew God was giving me a command that I needed to obey. I never went back to my church after that night.

Revelation 18:4
And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

The second part was a scripture that said he would gather us together. I can't remember the verse though. I thank God that he also opened my brother's eyes so I wasn't completely alone. I think I would have died.

Before I left the church I warned them on their false prophets and false books they were using for women's bible studies. I was told that my beliefs would only lead me to despair. They took me into the pastors office to prove to me that my beliefs were wrong. The pastor told me that he had the most hope for me than anyone else in the church and I disappointed him. The other church pastor in the area told a member that I was one of those women who is always learning and will never come to the full knowledge of the truth.

I kept searching for others. I knew there had to be a remnant. I couldn't find anyone. I didn't have a computer at the time. I remember hearing something on the radio and thought I found others. I ran over to the Christian's United for Reformation church and quickly found out that they didn't believe the same way I did.

God only showed me that I was the beast and there is no free will. He didn't teach me anything else. I spent 15 years in fear of hell. I knew I wasn't "saved" and didn't know what to do about that. At the end of those 15 years after watching something on TV I started questioning  justice. I came to the conclusion that it couldn't be just for God to pick some and not others when all were equally sinful and guilty. I didn't have the answers. I tried to prove hell wrong and couldn't do it. I searched the internet for others and couldn't find anyone with the key words I used. I got down on my knees crying hysterically and asked God to send me a teacher if someone existed in this world.

A couple of weeks later I was searching for a poem to comfort someone on another forum who lost her son and ended up on bible-truths. I can't begin to describe the emotions I felt as I read through the free will series. I laughed and wept for 2 weeks. When reading that there was no hell I was very cautious. I had been so disappointed before and didn't want to just jump in. I couldn't find anything that went against what God had already shown me so I kept studying Ray's papers and asked God to help me understand. For the first time in 15 years I was free from my fear of hell. I found out the answer to my questions on God's justice.

I told everyone I know that I found others. I'm not crazy. I didn't make it all up. It's all true and there is so much more. There is a feast at Ray's house and I was hungry and alone. I now have the assurance of my salvation and I know that God won't cast me away.

Ninny

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2008, 05:28:22 PM »

Wow! M.G.!
That is quite a testimony! I was in a church for nearly 20 years that taught no one burns forever in hell, and death is sleep, and everyone who has died is still in their graves. So when I came across Bible Truths it was like a confirmation to me! There was that and so much more!
So glad you found your way here!

Marlene

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2008, 04:13:29 PM »

MG , That was awesome testimony. The church I went to most of my married life, taught tithe and drilled it and drilled it. We, never had a lot of money, but God always provided my needs.  So, I gave with my heart. It did not satisfy the last minister we had. He, told what a young couple with a large family gave and they found out and left. I always could have kicked myself for not leaving to. Then I had been ill seriously for about a year. My second, week back the  Pastor told how much my husband and I gave. He preached it with a sermon . Then he said, he did not know what anyone gave. Then, he said,"Am I Saying God Might Kill You". We set through that sermon and that was the last time My Husband and Mother ever went back. All, my husbands family knowss about it but never left. But, hey. The belive all that stuff so how can I get mad at them. Also, I was begining to questions things and the Pastor treated me like a little child and being a woman I believe he told me not to delve into things. He even had a lady of the church send me some safe websites to read from. Well, like you Hell was the thing that set me free. It drove me crazy for years. Well, I didn't read his websites or take his advice. I took the Great I Am advice. So, here we all our. A wonderful family of Brothers and Sisters. Believe me they help keep me straight because many are very equiped to help where I lack.

In His Love,
Marlene

legoman

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2008, 01:18:30 PM »

Wow! M.G.!
That is quite a testimony! I was in a church for nearly 20 years that taught no one burns forever in hell, and death is sleep, and everyone who has died is still in their graves. So when I came across Bible Truths it was like a confirmation to me! There was that and so much more!
So glad you found your way here!

Wow Ninny, what church was that that ctually taught no one burns in hell forever?  Or was it something like LDS or belief in annhilation?

Kevin

Ninny

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2008, 05:47:55 PM »

Kevin
 yes it was an annihilation type belief, I was a member of the Seventh-Day Adventist church for all those years. That was one of the things that drew me to their beliefs in the first place. I never believed that God was going to burn people forever so that was a good point for me! I also was convinced about the Sabbath because I believed that God commanded it. I knew that Jesus said that King David was still in his grave so I knew there had to be something to their "death is a sleep" doctrine, too!

There were many other things I learned later as I was in the church, there were many teachings that were not scriptural. I raised my two sons in that church and left there when they were teenagers, it's a wonder that I didn't mess them up pulling out of there kind of suddenly! My sons are fine men so I guess I didn't mess them up either by raising them there or by pulling them out! Neither of them are Adventists either! :D

I knew God was taking me out of there and, oh my it's a long story. I'll tell it someday!
When I stumbled onto Bible Truths I understood what Ray was talking about and I knew it was the truth, I had been on sort of a "spiritual" journey for a long time!
Well, anyway it's great to have made my journey here, I am learning more and more as time passes. :D :D
Kathy :D

Jackie Lee

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2008, 05:53:47 PM »

Hi Jennie, have you ever eaten Irish/arsh potato candy?
My mother was looking for her old old recipe and asked if I had it?
I said I never heard of it she said well you ate plenty when you were a child, but I only remember fudge...Yummy.
I found a recipe for her on the net but she said without creme cheese.

jennie

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2008, 05:58:11 PM »

I still have some of my Grandmother's old recipes. She used to make it too. I'll look and see if I can find it and pass it on to you. much love and thanks for the wonderful memory, Jennie
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 19 queries.