bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: "The Kiss Of Death"  (Read 12225 times)

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
"The Kiss Of Death"
« on: November 24, 2008, 11:39:19 AM »

Quote from: mharrell08"

we are not to put up with this carnality at the expense of portraying a 'lovey-dovey' forum

The "lovey-dovey" makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up!

http://bible-truths.com/kiss.htm

Is your love pure or fake?

Quote from: L. Ray Smith

I hear a lot of "huggie huggie kissie kissie" pious platitudes from the mouths of today’s religious hobbyists. Personally, it makes me a little ill in my midsection. Most of it is as phony as a three-dollar bill. Could you be guilty of using this emotional charade to deceive those you wish to impress?

What must we learn from all this? Whenever we pretend to be Christ-like but it’s all a charade, we too are guilty of giving Christ a Judas kiss of death. What a disgusting display of the carnal mind and flesh, Judas has left us. Some have vengeance in their heart, others vanity, others bitterness and hatred, and yet others uncontrollable sins of the flesh, but they try to camouflage their evils with a plethora of hugs and kisses to all.

Don’t be afraid to hug; don’t be afraid to kiss, but beware of such phony displays of pious emotions, as they could be your "KISS OF DEATH."

Samson

Re: "The Kiss Of Death"
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 11:53:15 AM »

Hello Patrick,

The "wolves" COME IN SHEEP’S CLOTHING! You don’t see their teeth. They don’t show their teeth. They only show you a huggie huggie kissie kissie pious religious smile. THAT my friends, that pious front, IS the "sheep’s clothing." Wolves BITE, and their bite can be deadly:

"But if you bite and devour one another, take heed that you be not consumed one of another" (Gal. 5:15).

I copied and pasted the above comment from the Article of Rays that you presented in
                your thread, this stood out for me. I really enjoyed this article and will closely examine it
                again. Throughout my life, I've known my fair share of people like the type described in
                Ray's Article, perhaps that's why upon first meeting strangers, I tend to have a suspicious
                nature, proceeding with caution, especially the Religious type. It's really rough when it's
                family members that come in Sheeps clothing and you come to realize, their Spiritual assassins.

Thankyou for the reminder, Samson.

mharrell08

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 12:15:52 PM »

Quote from: mharrell08"

we are not to put up with this carnality at the expense of portraying a 'lovey-dovey' forum

The "lovey-dovey" makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up!

http://bible-truths.com/kiss.htm

Is your love pure or fake?

I hear a lot of "huggie huggie kissie kissie" pious platitudes from the mouths of today’s religious hobbyists. Personally, it makes me a little ill in my midsection. Most of it is as phony as a three-dollar bill. Could you be guilty of using this emotional charade to deceive those you wish to impress?

What must we learn from all this? Whenever we pretend to be Christ-like but it’s all a charade, we too are guilty of giving Christ a Judas kiss of death. What a disgusting display of the carnal mind and flesh, Judas has left us. Some have vengeance in their heart, others vanity, others bitterness and hatred, and yet others uncontrollable sins of the flesh, but they try to camouflage their evils with a plethora of hugs and kisses to all.

Don’t be afraid to hug; don’t be afraid to kiss, but beware of such phony displays of pious emotions, as they could be your "KISS OF DEATH."

Amen Patrick!  :D

Marques

Marlene

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 01:43:45 AM »

Yes, I agree. But, with the fruit of the spirit doing this in us we will grow and produce his likeness. Thats what I like to focus on Jesus make me just like you. When, he does it in us it won't be false. Its easy sometimes to see the false when we are around it. But, if it is of him. Time will tell. Its a dead give away. I think for the most part we have to be with the person or around them to see if they are walkin false or walking in the spirit.

I mean, like for instance, I have know people who eat someone all up.  Then, when they  walk away they talk about them, or tell personal things that they asked them to keep between them. I have known many of those. Yes, many of them are in Bablon churches. But, then I have found a few who became a good friend I could trust. I think we have to test the spirits and sometimes that comes when you are one on one with them. Now, sharing Gods truth with them will really tell us. I have a friend who left my last church who admited to me one night she left because people fight all the time in those churches. I talked to her about Rays truths and she asked me if we could get together and study his papers. Now, I was not looking for that one. I didnt have to beat her up and it was all Gods timing.

I like when people share things in there past in here like Samson. Now, that shows he is humble and is not afraid to say  what he once was.  When he talked about his past relatlionship and how he liked to control . 

There are truly people who are led by the spirit and some who are not.  Believe me time shows that all up.

Since we all are in here and runing the race to become like Christ this will become geniune only because God did it all in us.

I know I still have some idols of the heart. I mean those teachings were in grained in us. Beat into us. Now, God has to beat them out.

I am like David I prefer judgement of God then Man. You, know that right there is a good statement of proof of no hell.  Man made that one up.

Won't it just be wonderful when the whole world will be living in Gods way and not there own man made up ways. Again, in his time.

In His Love,
Marlene

aqrinc

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 03:39:41 AM »

It is not possible to pretend if you do not even know what the Object of your pretension really is. How can a
person pretend to be Christ like if they do not know Christ. To Be Like Jesus Christ one has to be always
doing The Will Of The Father; no less. Before doing The Will Of The Father one must know what That Will Is;
so how do we test the spirit?. In these Scriptures below is the answer from GOD.

I John 5:2:
By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.

Leviticus 19:18:
You shall not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself:
I am the LORD.

Zechariah 8:17:
And let none of you imagine evil in your hearts against his neighbor; and love no false oath: for all these are things that I hate,
said the LORD.

Luke 10:27:
And he answering said, You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength,
and with all your mind; and your neighbor as yourself.

Romans 13:9:
For this, You shall not commit adultery, You shall not kill, You shall not steal, You shall not bear false witness, You shall not covet;
and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, You shall love your neighbor as yourself.

Galatians 5:14:
For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; You shall love your neighbor as yourself.

James 2:8:
If you fulfill the royal law according to the scripture, You shall love your neighbor as yourself, you do well:

george.

Ninny

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2008, 12:51:04 PM »

Yes, George! If we don't have love, we don't have Christ! To quote the words of a song, "Love can build a bridge between your heart and mine, don't you think it's time, don't you think it's time?" here's a link for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=objDnnnQ5CA&feature=related
in love,
Kathy :-* :)

aqrinc

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2008, 12:58:16 PM »

Hi Kathy,

As my Brother at the 08 Nashville Conference said several times; Amen.
Good morning to you, enjoy this Day it is of GOD. ;D

Love and Peace Sister, :-*

george.

Ninny

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2008, 01:13:57 PM »

I'm sorry, I forgot to add that that song isn't really a "Christian" song, but the bridge-building should begin with Christian brothers and sisters.
that's all!
Kathy :)

jennie

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2008, 01:45:07 PM »

I am afraid I am lost in this thread. I don't understand , I guess, what it is about. I thought it was about not being fake but now I don't know. Help someone please!

Ninny

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2008, 01:53:07 PM »

Marques,
How do Ray's teaching not line up with the scriptures that George posted? If you can not love your neighbor, how can you be His? Jesus knew that Judas was giving him the "kiss of death" and we are to beware of the wolves in sheep's clothing. I don't think any of us are trying to contradict what Ray teaches, why would we be here lifting each other up and saying how we agree with Ray and being so thankful for the light he has brought to us?

He said not to be afraid to hug and kiss, he said to watch out for phony displays of pious emotions, he didn't say don't show love at all! If I am guilty of "using this emotional charade to deceive those I wish to impress" God will surely judge me on that and if it appears to be that to you, I apologize for the offense. God wants us to be kind so I hope I have been kind in this reply to you.
Kathy

Ninny

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2008, 02:23:49 PM »

Ok, now I understand what you were talking about. A person can pretend and sometimes it's hard to discern whether that person is sincere. Usually, though their actions will reveal the true nature of it. So let's say that someone was desperate for acceptance or whatever, one of these insincere persons comes along and PRETENDS to be Christ-like thereby snaring that one with deception.  We do have to guard against gullibility, you know test the spirits and such, huh?
I guess people can pretend to be anything they want to, actors do it all the time!

I understand what George was saying, too. You can't pretend to be someone you don't even know. Well, yeah you can, but sooner or later you will mess up! Your true motives will eventually surface because that is human nature.
Kathy

mharrell08

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2008, 02:25:28 PM »

Ok, now I understand what you were talking about. A person can pretend and sometimes it's hard to discern whether that person is sincere. Usually, though their actions will reveal the true nature of it. So let's say that someone was desperate for acceptance or whatever, one of these insincere persons comes along and PRETENDS to be Christ-like thereby snaring that one with deception.  We do have to guard against gullibility, you know test the spirits and such, huh?
I guess people can pretend to be anything they want to, actors do it all the time!

I understand what George was saying, too. You can't pretend to be someone you don't even know. Well, yeah you can, but sooner or later you will mess up! Your true motives will eventually surface because that is human nature.
Kathy

Exactly!  :D

Marques

aqrinc

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2008, 02:37:59 PM »

I have tried to discuss in private to no avail (you refused) so moderaters please take my comments in the spirit of Truth.

When one appoints themselves as inquisiter at least get the facts and intent right before judging.
Quote from: mharrell08

link=topic=8770.msg73095#msg73095 date=1227632662
Marques,
How do Ray's teaching not line up with the scriptures that George posted? If you can not love your neighbor, how can you be His? Jesus knew that Judas was giving him the "kiss of death" and we are to beware of the wolves in sheep's clothing. I don't think any of us are trying to contradict what Ray teaches, why would we be here lifting each other up and saying how we agree with Ray and being so thankful for the light he has brought to us?

He said not to be afraid to hug and kiss, he said to watch out for phony displays of pious emotions, he didn't say don't show love at all! If I am guilty of "using this emotional charade to deceive those I wish to impress" God will surely judge me on that and if it appears to be that to you, I apologize for the offense. God wants us to be kind so I hope I have been kind in this reply to you.
Kathy

Contradiction cited:

What must we learn from all this? Whenever we pretend to be Christ-like but it’s all a charade, we too are guilty of giving Christ a Judas kiss of death. What a disgusting display of the carnal mind and flesh, Judas has left us.

It is not possible to pretend if you do not even know what the Object of your pretension really is. How can a
person pretend to be Christ like if they do not know Christ.

Marques

If you see contradiction there then you are indeed scratching for worms in a rock. (Isn't pretending to be Christ Like a Charade) I would not say that i am pretending to be Christ Like rather I am learning to Be Christ Like. So where is the charade. We would do well to stop this foolishness of lashing out without first contemplating what is written. You young man are zealous and fiery; but be also temperate and humble in the presence of Our Lord Jesus Christ. I do not seek to win an argument but to be ready for whatever GOD calls me to do even when it is painful physically and Spiritually. You have no idea the pain it is causing right now to do this, please contemplate before answering and Pray that the ones who need our support most have to try to figure this out in public.

The Lord Know's my thoughts and He Will Judge; read The Romans Epistle especially here:

Romans: Chapter 12

1-I beseech you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God,
which is your reasonable service.
2-And be not conformed to this world: but be you transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good,
 and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
3-For I say, through the grace given to me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think;
 but to think soberly, according as God has dealt to every man the measure of faith.
4-For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office:
5-So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.
6-Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith;
7-Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teaches, on teaching;
8-Or he that exhorts, on exhortation: he that gives, let him do it with simplicity; he that rules, with diligence; he that shows mercy,
with cheerfulness.
9-Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; hold to that which is good.
10-Be kindly affectionate one to another with brotherly love; in honor preferring one another;
11-Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord;
12-Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;
13-Distributing to the necessity of saints; given to hospitality.
14-Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not.
15-Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep.
16-Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.
17-Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.
18-If it be possible, as much as lies in you, live peaceably with all men.
19-Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place to wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, said the Lord.
20-Therefore if your enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing you shall heap coals of fire on his head.
21-Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

george.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 07:24:51 PM by aqr »

mharrell08

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2008, 07:06:13 PM »

Then say nothing Marques, i did not solicit and do not need your response.

Thanks, george.

George, I was wrong. I missed your point and wronged you in my response. This was my screw up and no one else's. I am sorry.

Marques

aqrinc

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2008, 07:35:38 PM »

Marques

To bring this to closure let us all remember, i was just as wrong to not clearly explain what was the intent of my words. For
this i sincerely apologise for causing confusion, Marques do not retreat for fear of offending; rather then be just as zealous
but with some temperance and humility that we may all gain and grow in The Faith Through The Grace Of GOD.

Love Peace and Faith Brother, :)

george. ;D

hillsbororiver

« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2008, 07:44:04 PM »

Outstanding!  ;D

When we are motivated to sincerely seek understanding and put away the desire to prove ourselves "right" real godly fellowship is the spiritual fruit.

Thank you Brothers for providing such a fine example of this, it isn't always easy......

Peace,

Joe

ericsteven

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2008, 08:06:18 PM »

I second Joe's "Outstanding!"

Thank you both for your example. :D

God bless,

Eric

aqrinc

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2008, 08:22:46 PM »

As my brother Marques wrote in another thread; It Is All One (GOD WORKS All Together For Good).

Romans 8:28:
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

george.

Marlene

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2008, 08:29:52 PM »

I am like Joe that is outstanding.

In His Love,
Marlene

Samson

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2008, 10:17:20 PM »

Hello Brothers & Sisters,

I really appreciated the tone and interchange of expressions that
                                 have taken place in this Thread.  :)

Kind Regards, Samson.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 22 queries.