bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: End Times  (Read 11190 times)

psalmsinger

Re: End Times
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2008, 10:11:01 AM »

jeetkunejimi,

I also think a thief is someone who comes in the dark to take away the things of this life that you most value.  The carnally minded have a lot of "spiritual treasures" that are  laid up here on earth. The heart manifests itself in attitudes and actions.  I hope Jesus steals all of the  "carnal treasures" in the darkness of my mind because I know that the treasures in His heaven are those that are more important, more perfect and most lasting. The "heart" needs to be in the heaven where we, the Body of Christ may be "knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ;   In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge."

Matt 6:19-21
19   Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
20   But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
21   For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
(KJV)

Col 2:1-3

1   For I would that ye knew what great conflict I have for you, and for them at Laodicea, and for as many as have not seen my face in the flesh;
2   That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ;
3   In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

Barbara

A theif as I understand it is someone that takes away the things that we all would hold precious, material posessions, money, carnal averice,while you are sleeping. A thief doesn't usually want your toaster or your kettle, he want's the things that are of most value, gold,silver,diamonds. Spiritually speaking I believe this can be reprisentative of the things we still hold in our hearts and minds that are Anti-Christ as no one has overcome yet or is without sin.

So when Christ comes in the night to take what a theif would take, be not afraid, as what Christ comes to steal, his Father, our Father gave us in the first place(Isaiah 45:7), and needs to be stolen away from us, it needs to be taken by the only one who can touch it with out being tainted by it. And we need to let it go, just like the rich young ruler needed to.

I feel we need to be more ready and humble to let the things Christ wants to take from us(carnality & false indoctrinations) as he seperates the wheat from the chaff within each of us and the goats from the sheep within each of us until there is only the good left as we see in Christ are immortal elder brother.Amen.

Hope there's something of use for your spirit in what I've said my from my spirit, so the Holy Spirit of God can teach us both further.

Beloved

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2008, 10:32:43 AM »

;D ;D ;D Thatks for the great post Arcturus , I was only reading Revelation verse and addressing the elect's point of view.

Your point from the Thesselonians point was right on,  in looking at the Day of the Lord coming into darkness. The same things holds true in Revelation...it is where the Seven churches are being addressed.

That is why we need all members of the body in one mind so these different aspects can be addressed.   ;D ;D

Here John discusses the qualities of the Lord that he defined in his earlier writings

Joh 1:5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Joh 12:46  I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.

1Jn 1:5  This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

But God laid this all out much earlier...it was His Plan

(Gen 1:3)  And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

(Gen 1:4)  And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

(Gen 1:5)  [u]And God called the light Day[/u], and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

The Hebrew root of the “evening” means “mixture” or “mingling together”, while that of the “morning” means “separation” or “distinguishing between”.

Those who are complacent about the “mixture” of truth and error, are as certain to go on into darkness, as evening is to develop into night.

The dawn-light of the morning however goes on to the brightness of high noon

That is why John ends revelation with this statement

(Rev 22:5) And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign forever and ever.

Beloved
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 12:19:28 PM by Beloved »

psalmsinger

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2008, 10:40:32 AM »

"If you are indeed waiting for Jesus to come in the night as a thief, then you are in darkness."

No argument here, Rodger. I just don't think it is a negative, because no matter how Jesus comes, His light will dispel the darkness.
Even though it might be painful, that is a good thing!!!  Christ is the only one who can open eyes, shut eyes or wake us up from
spiritual slumber. I was looking for a spiritual application through my own experience.   Every dark untruth
that we have been exposed to doesn't leave our mind at quite the same time.  We are ever learning, ever changing, until that perfection is reached in Christ.

A revelation from Christ replaces that dark thought you were keeping as an idol of the heart.  Sometimes we seek and ask and knock and Christ sometimes may use drastic measures and situations to drag us into His understanding. Been there and done that:)  Longing for the time when those I love are not in that position.  I certainly have no claim to being totally perfect and full of light, although that is a prize worth striving for and the "end times".  I do like it much better when you ask, seek, and knock and then He opens the door for you.

Matt 7:7-8
7   Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
8   For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
(KJV)

Rest in the Lord,
Barbara

Beloved

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2008, 01:42:25 PM »

(1Th 5:7)  for those sleeping, by night  do sleep, and those making themselves drunk, by night  are drunken,

(1Th 5:8)  and we, being of the day--let us be sober, putting on a breastplate of faith and love, and an helmet--a hope of salvation

(1Th 5:9)  because God did not appoint  us to anger, but to the acquiring of salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ,

Unlike a swimmer in the natural... We ourselves have no strength ...it is this God works in us

Eph 2:10  For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

(Eph 6:10) As to the rest, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might
Eph 6:11)  put on the whole armour of God for your being able to stand against the wiles of the devil,

Like a watchman on duty we are told to

(Eph 6:14)  Stand, therefore, having your loins girt about in truth, and having put on the breastplate of the righteousness,
(Eph 6:15)  and having the feet shod in the preparation of the good-news of the peace;(Eph 6:16)  above all, having taken up the shield of the faith, in which ye shall be able all the fiery darts of the evil one to quench,
(Eph 6:17)  and the helmet of the salvation receive, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the saying of God,

Over and over in the scriptures God is the warning the world and the church ,but to those who He has given eyes and ears He tells them once again to

Rom 13:12  The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armor of light.

beloved

psalmsinger

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2008, 04:48:07 PM »

Beloved,

I see no one purposefully drunken or sleeping here.  We are all asking, seeking, and knocking to welcome the Light of Jesus Christ.  That is our part in the work that Jesus is completing.  He chooses the when, what, and where of what is revealed unto us.  As long as we are unfinished in the flesh there will be darkness to encounter for whatever reason He chooses......am I being chastised here?  Did not have a disagreement on my part.  I apologize for my weak contributions:)  Done,

Rest in the Lord,
Barbara

Beloved

« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2008, 06:08:55 PM »

I am sorry that I was not clear, in that scripture those asleep and drunk  are the church...not the ones that Jesus has revealed to the Father.

Yes I agree that the ones with eyes and ears are asking and seeking and knocking...we want to be awake and on guard.

I am not sure what "darkness that we are in" that you are referring to. Can you explain more?
The way I think about it, if Jesus has revealed himself to us, then there is only light, the darkness flees.   Are we carnal still ? yes..that is what we are working to rid ourselves us, it will be perfected in us when He returns. We are now to be in the world but not of the world.

Barbara I never think of these discussions as chastisement,  We are observing a wonderful mystery and all us bring our prospectives to it. I like to think that we are clarifying and honing our way of thinking.

My comments were countering Rodger's "swimmer" metaphor, by adding that it is God's action not the swimmers who saves.

Sorry if there was confusion

beloved

Beloved

« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2008, 07:30:01 PM »

Rodge you seem to take offence too easily, I was only using a chess term,  ;D

In studying the word, we all see these things at different paces

I was trying to encourage Babara who seemed to be hurt by what was said that is why I posted to her

Barbara I never think of these discussions as chastisement,  We are observing a wonderful mystery and all us bring our prospectives to it. I like to think that we are clarifying and honing our way of thinking

Because we were all talking about the Day of the Lord , as coming as a theif, and darkness, I added to what had been said by showing that we were told what to do and insured that the power would be supplied

Your statement on the swimmers seem to me to be centered on the single swimmer actions... I was just posting to point to the source of the swimmers abitity to swim and the second swimmers Faith....that is why I posted these verses

(Eph 6:10) As to the rest, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might
Eph 6:11)  put on the whole armour of God for your being able to stand against the wiles of the devil,

We all need to get these defensive attitudes.  When we communicate in a conversation we normally get to use three modes

First is the most obvious,. Words and believe it or not communicate only 7% of what we are trying to explain.

Second is tone. Tone makes up for 38% of what we are trying to explain.

Third is body language. Body language makes up 55% of what we are trying to explain.

The unfortunate part in participating in a forum is that tone, or body language is not seen/heard,.....  so all we are left with are the WORDS.

Having said this, when we see some thing posted that conflicts with what we understand..we are commanded to not think too much of ourselves. It is  better to give the person the benfit of doubt and be gracious in explaining.

(Php 2:3)  Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.

If a person can see what you are trying to communicate , good that is God's doing in them. If they can't then we are to be at peace, you can patiently rephrase it but  it is not our job to make them see or have any opinion about them when they don't.

AT the Fish breakfast, When Peter questioned things planned to happen to John...Jesus said to peter.........what is that to thee?...you follow me.

beloved

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 20 queries.