bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: His Blood  (Read 5135 times)

airmikeborne

His Blood
« on: May 27, 2006, 08:19:32 PM »

Hello Everyone,

Couple of questions:

1). When exactly is His blood applied, and HOW is His blood applied?

2). Is celebrating ones birthday participating somehow in a pagan ritual??
     Mother's Day?
     Father's Day?

Thanks for listening and I look forward to many discussions.

Hooahh

chrissiela

Re: His Blood
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2006, 08:40:34 PM »

Quote from: airmikeborne
Hello Everyone,

Couple of questions:

Mother's Day?
     Father's Day?

Hooahh

HI airmikeborne!

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by your first question there, but I will give you this:
    Joh 6:53  Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you,
Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

Joh 6:54  Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

Joh 6:55  For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.[/list:u]

Of course, it is a spiritual eating and drinking that is being spoken about. However, Christ's blood was spilled at the cross for EVERYONE.

As far as celebrating particular days... sure some days have pagan origins, but we are told:

Col 2:16  
Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:[/list:u]

Seems to me that this would cover any 'day'.

We are not to be judged by another man's conscience. But neither are we to put a stumbling block before another man. So you have to use your own judgment and let your conscience be your guide as to how and when and with whom you might 'celebrate' these days.

Blessings,
Chrissie

gmik

his blood
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2006, 01:37:31 AM »

Hi and welcome airmikeborne. I liked Chrissie's answer on birthdays. I really have never read about much legalism or you can't do this or that on this forum or from Mike or Ray. Make sure you check out off topics for some fun stuff too.

berny

birthdays
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2006, 08:50:31 AM »

hi,
in the bible matthew 14 it mentions king herods birthday so they celebrated birthdays back then  unfortunately john the baptist had his head cut off, but nothing is said to say we should not celebrate our birthday. Jehovahhs witnesses use this scripture to say we should not celebrate birthdays because of what happened to john the baptist, but i cannot find any scripture to back that line of thought up.
hope this helps.
berny :)

shibboleth

His Blood
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2006, 10:52:26 AM »

I used to believe there was actual healing power in Jesus blood. I thought Jesus bllod was a different composition from normal people because of his virgin birth. And to tell you the truth, noone in church could answer my question about how it was applied, so I continued to believe that until I learned that Jesus blood was to be applied spiritually.

As far as celebrating birthdays or any other holidays, I would just say this.
Everything God gave us is good. But man, being the idolatrous being he is, finds a way to pervert every good thing God has given us. Money, sex, TV, religion, work, or any other thing can be used for good or evil. I haven't found anything that God gave us that can't be used for wicked purposes. So anything we do is subject to the higher authority: Christs law and our conscience. If celebrating holidays makes you feel guilty then it's a sin. So  noone can say it's a sin or not if the Bible doesn't give clear passages about them.

rocky

His Blood
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2006, 11:12:04 AM »

Rom 14:23  But he that doubteth is condemned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith; and whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

Heb 11:6  And without faith it is impossible to be well-pleasing unto him; for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that seek after him.

1Jo 5:4  For whatsoever is begotten of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that hath overcome the world, even our faith.

buddyjc

Re: His Blood
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2006, 11:53:51 AM »

Quote from: airmikeborne
Hello Everyone,

Couple of questions:

Mother's Day?
     Father's Day?

Hooahh

Hi Mike,

I have often heard that we are to apply the blood of Christ to our lives, but the question always arises, how?  I have looked through Scripture, and found there really is no clue as to how.  A good friend of mine told me that when you don't know what to do, do what you know to do.  

If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: but if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.[/u]  (1 John 1:6-7)

The thing is Mike, we cannot do it ourselves, because all things are of God.  You just keep doing what you 'know' to do, and let God take care of the rest.  Hope this helps a little.

In regard to birthdays, holidays, etc., I can only go on what the Scriptures say.  

One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike.  Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.  (Rom. 14:5)

Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:  (Col. 2:16)

I know that Christmas and Easter rose from pagan holidays, but you must be persuaded in your own mind.  As believers we have a liberty in Christ.  I personally have never heard anyone say they were celebrating a pagan holiday when they celebrate Christmas.  The important thing to remember is to not judge others for celebrating these holidays.  (Rom. 14:6-10)  I do celebrate Christmas, because it is important to my wife, and I do not want to cause discord among my family.  I don't know if this will help you much, but you can take it however you want.

Your Brother,
Brian W.

JesusOnly

His Blood
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2006, 08:04:08 PM »

Airmikeborne asked:

Mother's Day?
Father's Day?

1.  In one way, Jesus blood was applied when it fell from his body and hit the earth.  The earth signifying the humanity for whom he suffered and died for - "the lamb who taketh away the sin of the world"

His blood is applied towards our account.  The picturistic way in Hebrews tells of the High Priest who went into the Holy of Holies for the last time with the blood of the lamb/goat for the sins of Israel - the blood sprinkled on the mercy seat was reckoned to Israels account and their sins were covered for that year -  Jesus also did this BUT ONCE when he entered heavens portals and offered his very own blood in the Holy presence of God.  Its a beautiful parallel of the old testament practice of blood sacrifices, but Jesus did this only once and not as the High Priests of old who did it yearly.

2.  Berny said that the Jw's point to the story of Herod's birthday to make their point that birthday celebrations are pagan.  Actually, Jw's find only two examples.  There is another example in the OT where death results from someone celebrating a birthday.  So, the Jw argument is that birthdays were celebrated by pagans which resulted in the death of someone, thus, making birthdays unholy and should be avoided.  Then they stretch this claim to include every celebration.  You must consider if this is good or bad logic.

Personally, I don't really care if someone celebrates a birthday or holiday.  Just don't go around beheading people. 8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 17 queries.