bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: All One  (Read 6057 times)

mharrell08

All One
« on: November 25, 2008, 06:46:46 PM »

Ray mentions again and again how the scriptures are 'all one'. I thought of this regarding these words. We all remember the young, rich man who inquired of our Lord, 'What must I do, that I have have eternal life?'

Matt 19:16  And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

Mark 10:17  And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?

Luke 17:17-18  Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein. And a certain ruler asked him, saying, Good Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?

This last reference from Luke informs us that this eternal life IS the kingdom of God. As in those who are of the chosen & faithful, which the 2nd death (Lake of Fire) has not power over them and are brought up in the 1st resurrection [Rev 20:6]. It's all one...eternal life, kingdom of God, chosen & faithful, 1st resurrection...all the same thing.

Now, as all of this is one thing, Christ then says all WE have to do is one thing. But what IS the one thing?

Matt 19:20-22  The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet? Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me. But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

Mark 10:21  Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me. And he was sad at that saying, and went away grieved: for he had great possessions

Luke 18:22-24  Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me. And when he heard this, he was very sorrowful: for he was very rich. And when Jesus saw that he was very sorrowful, he said, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God!

Now, what do the scriptures speak of in reference to the words of our Lord?

John 6:63  It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

John 3:34  For he [Christ] whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God...

John 6:68  Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.

John 14:10  Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me...

So what is it we must sell? All that we possess! Were these words for the young rich man ONLY? No, Christ is talking to US.

So what do we possess? Remember, His words are spirit. It's not about selling your home or your car, it's about ridding of the things that make our Lord say to us 'Yet lackest thou one thing'.

1 Cor 3:13-15  Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Rom 3:7-8  But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ. Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

Now, one may wonder, what about the joy, happiness, patience, etc that we possess? Do we sell that as well?

Here's the thing: You don't possess those...not yet. All we have is the earnest which doeth the works IN US.

2 Cor 1:22  Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts

Eph 1:13-14  ...ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Eph 2:10  For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

James 1:17  Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights

1 Cor 4:7  ...Now what have you which you did not obtain? Now if you obtained it also, why are you boasting as though not obtaining?

Isa 64:6  But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

This 'selling' or ridding ourselves of what makes us 'lacketh' is all one with 'calling upon the name of the Lord', by grace through faith, believe in your heart, etc. which Ray explains thoroughly in his 'How Hard is Getting Saved' study. Christ, the same today, yesterday, and tomorrow was not telling this young man any different that what our admonition is. It's all ONE.

Thanks,

Marques

hillsbororiver

Re: All One
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 07:38:32 PM »

Hi Marques,

This is always a timely message and it is for everyone whether in the churches or called out of the churches, thanks for the thoughts and for the scriptures you provided.

It is more than a coincidence that there are certain times verses, ideas, topics and posts will gravitate toward a particular truth, when I notice this trend developing it is time to pay very close attention. I find it very interesting that we had another member (jll) asking about Rev 3:20 in another thread and the verses that immediately came to my mind while reading your post were the verses that directly preceed Rev 3:20. Is the Spirit leading us somewhere? Stupid question I know.....

Rev 3:17  Because thou sayest, I am rich and increased with goods and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched and miserable and poor and blind and naked:

Rev 3:18  I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eye salve, that thou mayest see.

Rev 3:19  As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore and repent.

It is when we do not feel any rebuke (or the need for it) and chastening that we are in real danger of becoming complacent (lukewarm Rev 3:16) and feel no great need for His Spirit and grace to purge and purify us. Could this complacency also be described as being "idle"?

Pro 19:15  Slothfulness casteth into a deep sleep; and an idle soul shall suffer hunger.

1Ti 5:13  And withal they learn to be idle, wandering about from house to house; and not only idle, but tattlers also and busybodies, speaking things which they ought not.

Isn't it an incredible thing that the world gives so much adulation to the "rich and idle" celebrities who invariably set the worst kind of example to the young and impressionable? As Sir Isaac Newton once said; "The entire world is a parable."

Peace,

Joe

Marlene

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 08:14:23 PM »

Hi Marques, I liked that. Yes, it is all his and its all one. Like your scriptures showed.  We did not do the good works he does. So, we should never boast. Since, learning from Ray I see that all is spiritual. Not material or flesh. He has to teach us to think like him. If, not we cannot understand scriptures. I know in churches it is taught different. They think he had to sell everything he owned. The young man did not think spiritual so he was not able to understand. I am still learning how to do this. God, is patiently helping me to do this.

Yes, getting saved is all one. There is different scriptures that tells us how it is done. We just have to make sure we remember all the scriptues are one and  not just pick out a scripture we like. Its a witness of more then one scripture that shows us the whole picture so to speak. It is all one. He is working on me and helping me to see. We could not even get saved without Christ. What, I see that God is doing with me is that I need to be trained to think like him and that is spirit. Things we have believed for so many years do not always come out so easy , no it is not easy getting saved. But, with God all things are possible. I know, he even put the want to learn in me. Its all one.

In His Love,
Marlene

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 10:40:14 PM »

Hey Marques you had me think about all this when we discussed before, since you posted it, I wanted to add to it:
Exo 20:8  Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
Exo 20:9  Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work
Exo 20:10  But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
Exo 20:11  For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
Exo 20:17  Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his a@@, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.

Where is our Sabbath rest? Free from our works. Not just working on your job six days a week and Sunday you decide to take a day off!
They thought these were physical things, though they were to only rid yourself of the desire to want the things of this world and to stop doing our works which consists of worldly things and all works of the flesh.
I love when Paul says this:

Rom 7:5  For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death. (works of the flesh)
Rom 7:6  But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.
Rom 7:7  What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

I love when Ray says that this is how Paul new the law was spiritual

1Jn 2:15  Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
1Jn 2:16  For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
1Jn 2:17  And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

Gal 5:19  Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Gal 5:20  Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Gal 5:21  Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Will a man turn to God when all his physical things have turned to dust and rotted away? No I don’t think so, he’ll just get more stuff! He will steal, rob, and kill for the things of this world.
It is his carnal mind that must change

Rom 8:5  For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
Rom 8:6  For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
Rom 8:7  Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
Rom 8:8  So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Rom 8:12  Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
Rom 8:13  For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

I could just copy Romans 8 in its entirety!
Even when we rid ourselves of these things, we work harder to accumulate more replacing the old junk with new junk. Our care and concern for this world just grows deeper.
We need to sell all this junk and give good and lasting things to the poor, I'm reminded of this:

Act 3:1  Now Peter and John went up together into the temple at the hour of prayer, being the ninth hour.
Act 3:2  And a certain man lame from his mother's womb was carried, whom they laid daily at the gate of the temple which is called Beautiful, to ask alms of them that entered into the temple;
Act 3:3  Who seeing Peter and John about to go into the temple asked an alms.
Act 3:4  And Peter, fastening his eyes upon him with John, said, Look on us.
Act 3:5  And he gave heed unto them, expecting to receive something of them.
Act 3:6  Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.

Act 3:11  And as the lame man which was healed held Peter and John, all the people ran together unto them in the porch that is called Solomon's, greatly wondering.
Act 3:12  And when Peter saw it, he answered unto the people, Ye men of Israel, why marvel ye at this? or why look ye so earnestly on us, as though by our own power or holiness we had made this man to walk?
Act 3:13  The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go.
Act 3:14  But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you;
Act 3:15  And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses.
Act 3:16  And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all.

Again not our works but the works of Christ can we only do these things
I hope I have added some wonderful food for thought.
Almost seems like I started another thread but I think it ties in to what we have to sell in order to inherit the Kingdom of God

Antaiwan

"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

mharrell08

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 10:49:23 PM »

Again not our works but the works of Christ can we only do these things
I hope I have added some wonderful food for thought.
Almost seems like I started another thread but I think it ties in to what we have to sell in order to inherit the Kingdom of God

Antaiwan

Well said Antaiwan...yes, you have given us all more spiritual food for thought.  :)

Marques

Ninny

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2008, 12:52:05 AM »

So, 'the works of the flesh' are the things we have to sell off to inherit the kingdom of God. The rich young ruler asked, "What must I DO?" His thinking was "Well let's see I have all the money I need, riches can buy anything, here is something I have not yet attained, I will buy it!"
 Jesus said "Sell all you have and give to the poor."  When he learned that it would take ALL of his riches to purchase the kingdom of God, he backed off because not only was money his god, but it was his life.

Are we willing to lay down our life to obtain the kingdom of God? That's not just the giving of your physical life (dying) but giving up the things that feed your sense of, "I can do it myself, I am the one who rules my destiny, I can attain all things."
I guess this is just repeating what you've been saying already, but it helps to speak if over in different words to help with understanding. Tell me if I'm way off of what you were talking about.
You know since as Ray says "it's all one" then this would be the whole theme of the Bible. Laying it all aside to do the will of God.
These are just my thoughts!
Kathy :)

Marlene

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2008, 12:57:46 AM »

Thats, how I see it too Kathy. I know, in my life I am always seeing thinks I need to lay down and give up in my walk. You sure can't buy spiritual things. We have to lay down the things that keeps us from him.

In His Love,
Marlene

aqrinc

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2008, 01:35:01 AM »

I am always selling any time i find buyers, Marques thanks for starting this thread, Antaiwan and Joe great
additions, There is so much food here that it will take a while to eat. Well we can always store It in a safe
place and use some everyday. It is a beautiful Thing when one can start to understand and do the Scriptures
By The Grace Of GOD. Marlene do not try to eat too much too fast, let's go at it together (kindred).

So True, It IS ALL ONE: All Is From GOD Through Jesus Christ; All Is In Jesus Christ Who Is In The Father.
All Is Reconciling Through Jesus Christ To The Father So That GOD May Be ALL In ALL.

Here is some more for the Feast.

Hebrews 1:2:
Has in these last days spoken to us by his Son, whom he has appointed heir of all things, by whom also he
made the worlds;

I Corinthians 12:6:
And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which works all in all.

I Corinthians 15:28:
And when all things shall be subdued to him, then shall the Son also himself be subject to him that put all things
under him, that God may be all in all.

Ephesians 1:23:
Which is his body, the fullness of him that fills all in all.

george.

Ninny

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2008, 02:06:24 AM »

This reminds me of something else. Speaking of it all being one, One of my very favorite scriptures is
 Romans 12:2 "And do not be conformed to this world,but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God." and verse 3 is just as powerful as verse 2. In verse 3 we are reminded that we 'ought to think soberly'
We sometimes get high-minded and our thoughts get out of hand. Isn't it interesting how it all begins in our mind? That's where the battle is! The beast is born and is nurtured in our mind. The renewing of our mind, letting God be enthroned there is proving the acceptable and perfect will of God. That is how God controls the beast in us until the time he is completely destroyed.

aqrinc

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2008, 02:23:09 AM »

That is how i understand it too Kathy. Isn't it interesting we read: The things unseen are greater than the
things seen; but we keep giving more of our time and effort to the things seen daily. In fact as soon as we
start to set or i should say that GOD sets our mind to know the Things Unseen (Spiritual). The world look at
us as strange things not fit or presentable in their respectable company unless we cover the Light.

A beautiful thing about that now though is; I am not ashamed to Proclaim the Gospel Anytime, Anywhere
because i Know it is the Hope for All. The gospel of hell and everlasting punishment was one that i was
ashamed and rebellious to present. There is so much in The Scriptures to learn and Love. :-*

george. :)

Ninny

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2008, 02:37:16 AM »

Amen to that! :D
I think there is a lifetime of learning there!

Marlene

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2008, 11:11:24 PM »

Hi, I just got done reading Ray's paper on Worship. IThat is the true church.He sums up Worship as Obedience to God. Anything, we do with out obedience is all in vain. Luke Chapter 6 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say? Its all one, worship is obeying God. The whole Bible is all one.
Just like physical comes first then spiritual. The Church is lost in the physical. We are going to obey if we truly are being made in his image.  Without , that its all in vain. Physical means nothing.   So, To obey is true worhip. Its all one. The Bible truly does come to light when we remember it is all one.

In His Love,
Marlene
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 23 queries.