bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Last time God slaped you upside your head??  (Read 6179 times)

winner08

Last time God slaped you upside your head??
« on: November 23, 2008, 12:52:56 AM »

Hello everybody: I was having a discussion with a friend of mind and I just knew I was right I mean there was no way I was wrong on this matter but yet I found out I was wrong. God Showed me the correct ansewer and I was very embarrassed. So I guess my question is when was the last time you thought you knew something without a doubt you just knew you were right. Come to find out you was not right. I mean when was the last time God slapped you upside your head and said no not that, this?

Darren

Ninny

Re: Last time God slaped you upside your head??
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 01:27:13 AM »

Ha! Darren, let's see for me that would be anytime I try to argue a point! Don't you sometimes get the distinct feeling that you have slammed into a brick wall? When I argue with my husband about a point it is very rare that I am ever right. (in his opinion anyway!) :D :D Oh, but that's not the same is it? ;) ha! He occasionally does end up saying to me "Oh, ok, I'm sorry" (I try not to gloat at those times!) ::) Sorry, Darren, I'm not a very good responder tonight!  :(
I just don't like the taste of crow, do you?  :P :D
Kathy :)

aqrinc

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2008, 04:31:17 AM »

Most everytime i open my mouth ???; that is why i type it now. ;D

george.

musicman

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2008, 12:42:36 PM »

I'm always right!!

Once I thought that I was wrong about something.

But I was mistaken.

walt123

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2008, 12:55:33 PM »

That is me too George,we must be related ;D

walt.

Marlene

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2008, 02:14:06 PM »

George and Walt , Do you need a Sister cause that would be me too?

Marlene

winner08

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2008, 06:00:29 PM »

Hello everybody. Guess what? I just got slaped in my head, NO not by God but by my wife. I not gonna say what I did. but I deserved it.

Richard D

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2008, 09:16:33 PM »

Amen to that George, I hate looking into that spiritual mirror that shows me who and what I am. Sometimes I think I’m so spiritual because I have some truth and talk to Jesus and yeah, next thing I know I have years of worldliness that needs to come out of me and the beast within is very cunning.

If I ever become God centered and loose my self centered ways it is only by the grace of God and that to me is a miracle in itself.

Its funny how we keep trying to clean ourselves up and realize over and over again it just don’t work like that.

I need to go back to one day at a time, no, One minute at a time.

P.S. I got a good spiritual slapped today and all I can say is how long how much longer before I understand Lord.

In God’s Love. Richard.

musicman

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2008, 09:35:30 PM »

Hello everybody. Guess what? I just got slaped in my head, NO not by God but by my wife. I not gonna say what I did. but I deserved it.

Let me guess.  It's Sunday, so you were probably pasted to the lazy boy watching NFL football.  Humm, let's see: 

1.  You asked her where that beer was that you had demanded 10 minutes ago?
2.  You complained about the bean dip that she took time out of her demanding schedule to make for you and your loud friends?
3.  You made a comment to the affect of, "that lady sideline reporter got that job because of her jugs"?
4.  You reminded her that she was blocking the TV when she reminded you that it's ya'll's anniversary?
5.  You turned up the TVs volume when she asked when you were going to fix the shed door?
6.  You laughed when she complained about the Home Depot gift certificate you gave her for ya'll's anniversary. . . .and then told her that she was blocking the TV. . . .as you turned up the volume?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 09:36:58 PM by musicman »

aqrinc

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2008, 09:54:36 PM »

Darren,

Sounds like one slap was 5 too little. :o

Marlene, come on in Sis we will get a lot more before it is done. :-*

Richard, here is your spot. ::)

Walt, we are related. 8)

Musicman, we are lucky to have a smart one in you. ;D

george.

Let me guess.  It's Sunday, so you were probably pasted to the lazy boy watching NFL football.  Humm, let's see: 

1.  You asked her where that beer was that you had demanded 10 minutes ago?
2.  You complained about the bean dip that she took time out of her demanding schedule to make for you and your loud friends?
3.  You made a comment to the affect of, "that lady sideline reporter got that job because of her jugs"?
4.  You reminded her that she was blocking the TV when she reminded you that it's ya'll's anniversary?
5.  You turned up the TVs volume when she asked when you were going to fix the shed door?
6.  You laughed when she complained about the Home Depot gift certificate you gave her for ya'll's anniversary. . . .and then told her that she was blocking the TV. . . .as you turned up the volume?

daywalker

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2008, 04:58:58 PM »

Pretty much every day... I got too much pride, and I don't wanna let go.. But sometimes He uses a tennis racket... a spiritual one, of course.  ;)

- Christopher
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 21 queries.