bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Of God or Of the Devil??  (Read 4105 times)

winner08

Of God or Of the Devil??
« on: November 26, 2008, 01:18:01 AM »

I know we touched upon this subject awhile back., but a frien of mind who is still in the Bab. System went to a Holy Spirit celabration and when she had gotten back she couldn't wait to tell me all about it. Well she invited me to the next one which was a few days latter. I declined. I did notice however that she was very uplifted and excited. Which had me thinking back. In the 90s I went to one of these and remembered the feeling of dread when I went in the stadium. You see I was as far as one could be from God, and I didn't want anything to do with HIm. I did go for my grandmother, she begged and pleaded with me. So me  my uncle who is a born again christian and her went. I remember doing the service i keep thinking what a bunck of #@$%. Well by the time it was over I was singing and happy as a lark. I had this warm feeling come through my body as we all were holding hands and prasing the Lord. I keep thinking I must be caught up in the hype the mob mentality. Anyway my friend brought up all these feelings and I was wondering If this is not of God why does everybody feel so great. Is the work of Satan's deception? I guess it is either, or. one or the other. Of God or of the devil. I remember the story in 11kings i think where it is said I will be a lying spirit. and go out and decieve. Please don't quote me. Has anybody else had this happen to them??

Darren

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: Of God or Of the Devil??
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 02:11:22 AM »

1.  Ultimately all is of God, though not necessarily for the reasons you might suspect.

2.  The motives and methods behind the service were almost surely not Godly, but it's effect on individuals varied.  I daresay nobody in the congregation gained anything of lasting truth from being there directly from the service.

3.  Maybe you learned how easy it is to be swayed and how appealing to the flesh religion can be.  Maybe not.  But don't necessarily blame the Devil what what's in our own hearts.

4.  To quote David Letterman, "You were hypmotized".     
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Marlene

Re: Of God or Of the Devil??
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 02:38:31 AM »

Hello  When, I was a young child the neighbor hood kids would play Bible School. We would put on sing and skits and invite the neighbor ladies to watch us. Some were Catholic, some Lutheran and a variety.

But, a while before leaving churches it hit me. A strange feeling.  They would act out scenes from the Bible and do skits and all kinds of things. A thought came to me. This is Big People doing childs play.  I just could not get rid of this. It always has a leader and followers. And then they all clap. At the end they all praise each other for there hard work.  I believe God made me see the sham so I would leave. Amazing the different things along our journey  that led us where we are at. He for sure does direct our paths. There was lots of times I thought, why do I think this or that and it goes all against the chruch doctrines. I even belive he wanted me to change my mind about things, but he used a variety of things to make me leave. I use to sing solos at the church.
They would all brag on me and think she is so holy. Then even with that depression would set in. No, one knew it. It was not full filling. That , had to come from God. He was showing me applause from men doesn't mean a thing. Now, I dont care if I sing at all.  But, my heart sings alone with him. I love just telling him how much I love his truths and the changes he is doing in me.

This is just some of my thoughts. But, he uses it all.

In His Love,
Marlene

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.