bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: I Corinthians Chapter 14 verses 34 and 35  (Read 9881 times)

Marlene

I Corinthians Chapter 14 verses 34 and 35
« on: November 26, 2008, 04:07:38 AM »

Hello, I have some questions about these scriptures
I Corinthians Chapter 14 verse 34 Let your women keep silence in the churches;for it is not permitted unto them to speak, but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.

verse 35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask there husband at home; for it is a shame for woman to speak in church.

Now, I know they use to not believe Women should be pastors. I also, know that in many Babylon churches they have them now.

Could anyone give me some clarity on these scriptues.  Is there something I am missing here Spiritualy.

I remember Paul felt this way too. Also, since I don't have a husband that got into reading his Bible even while going to Babylon Churches he seems content that Jesus died for all.  How would he be much help to me. Now, I more or likely am not understanding this.

In His Love,
Marlene

aqrinc

Re: I Corinthians Chapter 14 verses 34 and 35
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 04:17:09 AM »

Hi Marlene,

I have no answer for that since i only skimmed over this from Ray before:

Esther- The Destiny of Women.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,5506.0.html

I will read it now and listen to the audio again. oops look at the bottom of my post. ???

george. :-*

« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 04:19:39 AM by aqr »

Marlene

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 04:47:19 AM »

You are something else! I will read this in the morning it is 2:45am in the morning. Sometimes my mind just goes on and on. LOL I try and study while my Husband is at work and My Mother is not talking to me all the time. Maybe that is why I get messed up sometimes on here too. LOL

Marlene

Beloved

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 05:12:20 AM »

Here are some of Rays emails

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2018.0.html   
http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2206.0.html
http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2144.0.html
http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,969.0.html

You need to learn to do searches on this site, sometime these have been addressed on several topic threads. They are there to read

Also here is a link to Rays emails go down the list so you are familiar with all what is covered. You will see it is a great collection set up by Kat.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3108.0.html

beloved

Marlene

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 02:53:51 PM »

Thanks Beloved, Yes, I do. I am not good with a computer and also I have a new one I am learning. But, I am not good at computer things , but I am trying to learn.

In His Love,
Marlene

EKnight

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2008, 07:43:29 PM »

How do you do searches??? Every time I try it will bring up every post or email that has any of the words I searched and that's just too much info.

Eileen

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2008, 09:15:36 PM »

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3108.0.html

Posted earlier.  This is a great resource, and one I didn't know about until today.  Thanks, Kat.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Marlene

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2008, 09:53:01 PM »

Eileen, I just hit on whave Beloved and Dave Gave Out to the side gives you and idea , about what the article is about. Hope this will help you.

Marlene

Marlene

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2008, 09:54:19 PM »

Eileen what George gave me helped with the verses I was reading. Ray has many scriptures about Women in the Church

Marlene

David

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2008, 07:26:53 AM »

I've always understood this scripture to be in relation to asking questions in Church and the whole issue of maintaining order in Church. Imagine someone like Ray atempting to teach a sermon and people are firing questions all over the place, it would be chaotic.
1 cor 11:5 But every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head, for that is one and the same as if her head were shaved.

Surely prophesying involves speaking?

Acts 2:17 Peter is explaining how and why the disciples are speaking in tongues, after some accused them of being drunk.

17 ‘ And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God,
       That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh;
      Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
      Your young men shall see visions,
      Your old men shall dream dreams.
       18 And on My menservants and on My maidservants
      I will pour out My Spirit in those days;
       And they shall prophesy.
       19 I will show wonders in heaven above
      And signs in the earth beneath:
      Blood and fire and vapor of smoke.
       20 The sun shall be turned into darkness,
      And the moon into blood,
      Before the coming of the great and awesome day of the LORD.
       21 And it shall come to pass
      That whoever calls on the name of the LORD
      Shall be saved.

Acts 18:26 suggests that a woman did indeed teach a very prominent minister in a sinagogue
In 1 Cor 3:5-6 Paul refers to Appolos as a minister. Acts 18:24 says he was eloquent and mighty in the scriptures.

Acts 18:24 Now a certain Jew named Apollos, born at Alexandria, an eloquent man and mighty in the Scriptures, came to Ephesus. 25 This man had been instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in spirit, he spoke and taught accurately the things of the Lord, though he knew only the baptism of John. 26 So he began to speak boldly in the synagogue. When Aquila and Priscilla heard him, they took him aside and explained to him the way of God more accurately.

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2008, 07:50:47 PM »

Marlene and Eilene,

What would be helpful for most of us is to simply go to Ray Smith's email site and begin reading at the beginning.

We do not need to learn everything that he replies to, but if your mind is anything like mine, you can't decide which questions to ask from day to day.

So just start at the beginning and click on each short sentence one after another.  This will give you a regular break from the forum and these questions and answers are mostly very easy to understand.

Then when you find a question that seems difficult to understand ask for help.

This approach doesn't require any computer experience you just use the mouse or the up/down arrows.

At first this may seem like a a waste of time when you have so many more important (?) question to ask, but trust me it is better for you in the long run and doesn't cause tension or frustration because the replies are designed for new people as well as bible experts who are just coming out of babylon.

Best to you , Indiana Bob

Ninny

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2008, 08:51:04 PM »

I. Bob,
Sound advice again! You know so many times I have started to post a question and decided to try to find the answer through Ray's writings and sure enough going back over everything really does help. Sometimes the questions I start out with fall away and make way for even new enlightenment! So, yeah that is a great idea. Thanks again! :D
Kathy :)

Marlene

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2008, 01:21:15 AM »

Thank Bob, I have already started doing that. I am also, going over all his other articles. There is so much to learn. If, then I still cannot understand I will ask a question. I have been doing this for last couple of days.

In His Love,
Marlene

Vangie

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2008, 07:49:02 AM »

I read Kat's transcript of Ray's study on Esther last night and was really inspired by it.  Not only is the literal story of Esther really interesting, but Ray's application of her example as to our roles as women is very positive and uplifting.  I really recommend this one in light of Marlene's question--thanks so much for bringing this topic forward, and thanks George for that link.

I also enjoyed the analogies to Daniel and Joseph in that study.

Love in Christ,
Vangie

Ninny

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2008, 07:07:04 PM »

Help! Oh, man I don't understand! What do I need to read to understand what you mean?
How does Acts 21:29 fit into this? I don't know about Marlene, but I am totally confused! :(
Kathy ???

Marlene

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2008, 09:45:05 PM »

Rev. Chapter 17 verse 5 And upon her forehead was a name written, Mystery Babylon The Great, The Mother of Harlots and Abominations of the Earth.

Marlene

Falconn003

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2008, 09:48:11 PM »

Marlene

B   I   N   G   O   !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;D

Rodger

Marlene

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2008, 09:53:27 PM »

The women who speaks the truth of God has her head covered.

Jackie Lee

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2008, 11:22:46 PM »

Thank you Marlene, you simplified for me. :)

Marlene

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2008, 05:31:44 PM »

Thank Rodger.

Marlene
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 22 queries.