bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: I Corinthians Chapter 14 verses 34 and 35  (Read 9880 times)

dave

Re: I Corinthians Chapter 14 verses 34 and 35
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2008, 08:45:30 PM »

I realize there will be flack, but someone said about a woman having her head cover is a parable, when did Paul speak in parables? And
I feel in my heart and in my whole being, that woman have a work and a word for us to hear and follow. I myself have received good word and instruction from women as teacher, and preacher. I have had this discussion in futility,and will say without doubt Paul's words are pretty muchset in gospel concrete. I will not give chap. and verse you can look it up...woman are to be silent in the congregation and woman should not be pastors or teachers. I have listened to Rays "Destiny of Woman" and I receive that woman have been and are benefit to Gods  work, they always will be. But unless we let supposition enter into our thinking woman are not allowed to teach, or preach; yet they can and are a ministry.

OBrenda

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2008, 03:27:31 PM »

Ray has taught to look at scriptures with "Spiritual Eyes".....

I guess I still don't know where/when we are to take these scriptures Literally or Spritually or Both?
Like we celebrate the Sabath Spiritually Everyday,....or do it Physically Friday evening til Saturday evening?

I'm not the sharpest crayon in the box, and still trying to sort it out.  I appologize if I'm missing something here!

???
Respectfully,
Brenda

dave

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2008, 01:42:56 AM »

I believe this note is going to Falconnoc..Rodger.

Rodger/Falconnoc…several days ago I responded to a discussion that a member had about woman being…ministers, preachers,(teachers), pastors. And it would have seemed that I did not understand that to be true. I see after reading my initial statement I sounded
Like someone who may not even belong on a site like bibletruths.
Rodger/Falconnc, I know that I did offend you and many others who read what I said. about that subject.. Not you so much but your intelligence, in rightfully divide the Word.
I want to apolgize to you sir. I should have given chapter and verse. I would say that I have had so many of these talks  with other folks about this subject..now (I’m nothing more than a layman to the world of religion; yet The Lord has enlighten His
vessels as He sees fit.)
Rodger, I fully understand and am fully behind the female as a minister of the Word.
I know that…I’ve been told that…..  one should not argue with a fool; and I have done that very thing when it comes to this subject;  I hope that we do not look at each other as fools.  I had fogotten that “bibletruths,” has saints who understand the scriptures, with more wisdom and understanding  than those who believe in religon.
All I meant to say and continue to say is that I Cor..14:34 and (1 Tim.2:11-12) are in the book. Yes I realize that it is in and from the spirit that words are discerened.
Rodger, I listened  again to Rays audio on Esther. Rodger I am really on your side. Yet Rays audio did not clearify ICor and ITim.”
If I upset you and you were angry enough to decide you don’t like me anymore for my typed actions, I apologize. I have read many of your answers and aides and insight to others and I  agree with much of what you say.

Vangie

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2008, 03:34:11 PM »

Thanks guys for dealing with and overcoming a complicated issue--lots of different angles that apply to lots of us in different phases in our journeys.  I was kind of confused as I didn't grasp what Micah's first post was actually getting at, but now I see as you guys fleshed it out.  All of this is spiritual nutrition for the development of our fruit.  I thank you both.

Love in Christ,
Vangie

Extol

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2008, 05:37:21 PM »

I second Vangie's thanks. Falcon man, I enjoy reading your posts; it seems that every time I read them, my spiritual eyes are opened a little more. I'm glad to have received some insight on this topic, as it is one I was a bit confused about (since "there is neither male nor female"--Gal. 3:28).
Thanks!!!

:)

aqrinc

« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2008, 08:17:31 PM »

Hi Rodger and Micah,

Thanks for being so exhaustive and thorough in explaining and defending the Scriptures :). Micah same to you
for being humble enough to come back and explain your meaning without being upset. A wonderful outcome
from 2 brothers in the Faith; Well done. ;D

george.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 22 queries.