bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: words not in older manuscripts  (Read 4542 times)

dave

words not in older manuscripts
« on: November 26, 2008, 03:48:54 PM »

???I hope this is the proper place to ask. I thought it was on this site that I found either somone who had it or had a link that I went to. It had many words and phrases from Gen? to Rev. that are in our newer translations but were not in the earlier translations. Was it here and where might I get it again? (Hope it was you guys) Thanks ???

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Re: words not in older manuscripts
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 03:57:04 PM »

dave

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 08:21:30 PM »

:D  Thanks Brother

Beloved

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2008, 12:58:17 AM »

Interesting moniker you have Micah 7:9

I took time to look it up

Mic 7:9  I will bear the indignation of the LORD, because I have sinned against him, until he plead my cause, and execute judgment for me: he will bring me forth to the light, and I shall behold his righteousness.

beloved

kweli

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2008, 08:16:46 AM »

Some people really know how to submit. While some are goal-oriented busy bodies who act like they can 'help'  :'(, others just surrender and sit there to watch GOD's works manifest in their lives. I think I need to come into HIS rest from all this 'aiming for the prize' works.

Very humble of you micah7:9

I just realized that this might not sound right to all. So let me try to explain myself. My signature verse is:

Philippians 3 (NIV)
12 Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me.
13 Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead,
14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
15 All of us who are mature should take such a view of things. And if on some point you think differently, that too God will make clear to you.
16 Only let us live up to what we have already attained.

Too many Is. I understand what Paul is saying, so I was just bringing myself lower (okay, HE did that). The "goal-oriented busy body who acts like they can 'help'" is me. Compared to micah7:9, I feel very humbled.

Hope it came out right this time
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 10:49:05 AM by kweli »

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2008, 04:24:29 PM »

Man, Kweli.  You have really stabbed right into the heart of my struggle for many years.  The only wisdom I've gained is that both rest and genuine works are of God.  I think I understand your statement very, very well, and I pray we both grow in such practical understanding.  Thanks so much for sharing.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

dave

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2008, 12:30:36 AM »

::) I know its a mainstay saying of a lot of "rockin" churchs,
But I gotta say it anyway to all who responded to my queery
AINT GOD GOOD!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 22 queries.