bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lack of faith  (Read 4890 times)

rocky

Lack of faith
« on: May 28, 2006, 12:00:11 PM »

I read Ray's article on prayer, and really enjoyed it.  

A day or two later, I came across a difficult situation, regarding a family member who had before them a choice of following the spirit or following the carnal mind.  I prayed for God to help her make the "right choice", but also prayed for God's will to be done.  

Well the outcome was not what i had hoped for, and she chose to go with the flesh.  God answered my prayer, as his will was done.  Yet, truthfully,  I am not strong enough in my faith to really believe this, and I am being convicted of my lack of faith, and truthfully; i am a little mad at God.    

When someone we love and cherish is obvioulsy choosing a route to destruction, it is so hard to believe this is God's plan.  As a parent, I wish I could help shortcut the process.  

Just thot i'd share and ask you all to pray for peace and increased faith for me in God's sovreign plan (although maybe it's not his will at this time :?  :? .)

gmik

lack of faith
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2006, 02:23:16 PM »

I will be praying for you.

Out of all the new "things" I have learned in the last 7 months, I would say that this causes my brain to fog up.  When we say we have to choose, but know that whatever the "choice" we make really was already planned, it is hard to believe God wanted us  to choose the bad plan. Then when we pray for somebody to make a wise choice and they don't well, we must trust God that that was His Will-in the grand scheme of things He knows best.  I look back at all my errors in judgement and think Gee God wanted me to do that?? But hopefully I learned from those mistakes, and I got closer to God(eventually).  I could get mad at Him too. But looking back I see His Hand on me every step of the way.

Another hard thing for my brain to get around is that Hitler, Bubonic plague, wars etc are all part of His plan.  I always figured man in his fallen state caused all the misery of the world and God was looking down saying that He had a better way people, but we wouldn't listen.(That looks so proud when I read it-who did I think I was? :lol:

Anyway, don't stop praying for this loved one.

knuckle

Lack of faith
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2006, 03:58:00 PM »

Hi all----------

gmik wrote----we must trust God that that was His Will-in the grand scheme of things He knows best. I look back at all my errors in judgement and think Gee God wanted me to do that?? But hopefully I learned from those mistakes, and I got closer to God(eventually).

this is one of the most misunderstood truths of God and gmik states it so plainly.When I first came to the realization that God is in complete control,I asked why the hitlers,why the pain and yes it is enough to make one angry with God.We have to go back to the basics to see it----God is in control because He loves us.We are each a unique creation and every time we stumble every time we hurt it is because that is exactly what we need at the time.We don't understand because we can't see the end from the beginning ,but God can and works HIS will toward OUR good end.Some of us NEED to walk through the fire in this life and others NEED to go through it afterward but when both get what they NEED they end up in the same place.

ertsky

Lack of faith
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2006, 04:28:22 PM »

this thread brings home the truth that the beast isn't called the beast for nothing.

therion, wild beast, carnal mind, cannot, will not, be subject, and so must be destroyed, and is was and will be being destroyed.

one day we will look for it and it will finally be gone, and in it's place one like unto the Son of man.

Psa 51:17  The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.
Psa 51:18  Do good in thy good pleasure unto Zion: build thou the walls of Jerusalem.
Psa 51:19  Then shalt thou be pleased with the sacrifices of righteousness, with burnt offering and whole burnt offering: then shall they offer bullocks upon thine altar.

Phi 2:10  That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
Phi 2:11  And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Rev 21:5  And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

longhorn

Lack of faith
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2006, 07:52:15 PM »

And then we have the joy of spending eternity as a spiritual puppet.  I for one am not excited about reliving another age under the control of a God who couldn't get it right the "FIRST TIME". Not only are we puppets, but have no choice to be anything but....

JesusOnly

Lack of faith
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2006, 08:50:14 PM »

Rocky.  I hear ya.

This world is a roller coaster ride for sure.  Unfortunately bad things happen in spite of our prayers.  Is it a matter of faith or lack thereof?  That is a good question.

Don't worry, I do not have great faith either and I don't see many of my prayers answered.  Like you, it is a struggle to find the good in it, if something bad happens, especially when we offer prayers and supplications to try and prevent it.  Trust is good medication.  Trusting God knows best even if it causes suffering.  Yes, I even get mad at God too at times.  But there is hidden opportunities in all things.  Time always tells the true story.. but for now, we have the moment before us and try to make the best of opportunities...

Opportunities?  When I got sick, it gave opportunity for saints to pray for me.  Their prayers did not heal me, but I was blessed to know that many cared for me.   At the same time I suffered financially because this sickness caused me to be off work for almost 2 months.  This gave opportunity for my fellow brothers and sisters to help me concerning my material needs.  Somehow I suffered and was blessed at the same time!!

This gave me opportunity to reflect on things too.  To really consider things in a much more meaningful way.  It seems that suffering and pain is the means by which we get closer to God at times.  It could be a sign that God takes special interest in me and its such a thing to easily overlook.  The temptation seems stronger to shake the fist - and I have gotten rid of a few tempations by just giving into it. :wink:  Hmmm.. seems crazy to think that sometimes suffering is the means by which God shows us that he cares for us and takes special interest in us. :wink:

Whether I have lots of faith or not is something I do not worry about anymore.  I know that God is perfectly capable of doing his business regardless of my doubts.  I hope you can find some rest and comfort in these words my friend.

May God's presence be a strong reality in Rockies life - and family.  Amen.

eutychus

Lack of faith
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2006, 10:23:42 AM »

Quote from: longhorn
And then we have the joy of spending eternity as a spiritual puppet.  I for one am not excited about reliving another age under the control of a God who couldn't get it right the "FIRST TIME". Not only are we puppets, but have no choice to be anything but....

you seemed vexed :cry:

when you learn that God does have it right then you will be free.

dont look at this temporal world.

Eze 22:5 [Those that be] near, and [those that be] far from thee, shall mock thee, [which art] infamous [and] much vexed.

Job 13:9 Is it good that he should search you out? or as one man mocketh another, do ye [so] mock him?

2Cr 10:12 For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.

Rom 8:18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time [are] not worthy [to be compared] with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 17 queries.