bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A greeting and nod to Parsons  (Read 6074 times)

Superman

A greeting and nod to Parsons
« on: December 01, 2008, 07:56:19 AM »

How's it going, everyone? I hope well. Got done downloading e-sword, and remembered to introduce myself on this forum. So here it is:

I've tackled problems with Christianity for a solid decade now. My grandparents, during my pre-teens and early teens took me to a Pentecostal church whenever I visited them. I always hid my dread at going to church once every Wednesday and twice on Sunday. For the longest time, even though I tried to suppress the feeling, I felt the church itself was.... wrong. This nagging feeling had me thinking I might be possessed, and that's why I avoided going up front to be prayed upon at all costs. It was the worst feeling spiritually that I've ever felt, everytime someone "prophesied" or "spoke in tongues" or otherwise went into (what I can now boldly and comfortably label) a borderline psychotic episode.

Quite a while ago, I found this site of essays, and they sufficiently answered all the right questions for me. By no means am I an expert on the subjects at hand, but Ray's arguments against mainstream Christianity make both logical and spiritual sense. They've been a great help. I can better distinguish between the foolishness of this world, and the righteous glory of God. I also now realize that the foolishness of this world serves a high cause.

I've been chosen. I'll try to not be too prideful of that fact.

Love, peace, and blessings to you all in the name of Jesus Christ,

- "Superman"
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 08:00:41 AM by Superman »

cherokee

Re: A greeting and nod to Parsons
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 09:06:31 AM »

Hey and welcome.

Suzie

OBrenda

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 10:48:19 AM »

Hi & Welcome Superman....

You look kinda like a guy I use to know I think his name was Clark?

;D
Brenda

Kat

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 12:05:51 PM »

Hi Superman,

The truths that are brought to light at BT are so wonderful to find, especially after our striving to find truth in the church.  It is so good to have this forum to get the fellowship of like minded people, that we all crave after coming to this truth.

Here are a few links to things we have available here at the forum that you might like.

The forum rules, it will help you see how this forum is moderated.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3.0.html
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4558.0.html
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3614.0.html

Forum Indexes & lots of Info.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,14.0.html

Ray's Videos
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,8227.0.html

Ray's Audios 
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2641.0.html

Ray's 2008 Audios
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,8256.0.html

Transcripts of Ray's Audios
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,12.0.html

Who Am I? (members pics and personal stuff)
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,16.0.html

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 01:06:20 PM »

- "Superman"

Hi Superman,

Welcome to the forum. :)

Below is an email reply from Ray on the subject of those who are the Elect (or chosen).  Hopefully, his reply will benefit you as well.

René

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2059.0.html

Dear Kelly:

Those whom God has foreordained to be the elect will always be the elect. The chosen elect cannot be lost.  But you and I do not know exactly who is and who isn't an elect. Only God's knows those who are His, and therefore, we can never let down our guard, because we might only think that we are elect.  I have seen and witnessed this with my own eyes where those who appeared to be elect, turned and now blaspheme the name of the Saviour they claimed to worship a short while back.

God be with you,
Ray

Jackie Lee

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2008, 03:56:28 PM »

Hi & Welcome Superman....

You look kinda like a guy I use to know I think his name was Clark?

;D
Brenda

You knew him too, small world.. ;D
Welcome Superman.

Superman

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2008, 05:48:58 PM »

Thank you everyone.  :)

Samson

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2008, 06:28:33 PM »

Welcome to the Forum Superman,

I think Samson is outmatched, your powers far exceed mine.
                                                 I can't fly, don't have xray vision and bullets won't bounce off
                                                 my chest. I have great strength, just ask the Phillistines and a
                                                 Lion.  ;D

Now we both receive the most nutritious Spiritual food available
                                                 to increase our Spiritual strength.  ;)

First the Physical, than the Spiritual and some wholesome fellowship
                                                 at this Forum.

Kind Regards, Samson.

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2008, 08:37:04 PM »

welcome home superman. i have been told stories by my momma about her going to a pentacostal church when she was a young girl, and how she saw people who had been "touched by the spirit" and would fall out on the floor and some would get "happy" and just clap and clap and all other sorts of "physical" exhibitions. she said that she and her sister would then go home and play "pentacostal church" and pretend they had the "spirit" and they would fall on the floor and roll around.  but then she got older and attended a different church with her mom, one that was called "free will baptist". now there's a church for you. i never really thought about the name "free will baptist" til just the other day when i said to myself, "boy do they have that one wrong." no such thing as "free will" because that would nullify the sovereign will of God. we on the forum can empathize with the excitement of learning the scriptural Truths which God has and will show you/us as we continue in our study of His scriptures and our obedience to Him. the e-sword is an awesome tool available to us. by the way, i don't think i have ever sent a message to superman. too cool.

claudia

Marlene

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2008, 08:52:47 PM »

Welcome Superman, This is the place to learn the truths of God.

In His Love,
Marlene

daywalker

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2008, 04:50:17 PM »

How's it going, everyone? I hope well. Got done downloading e-sword, and remembered to introduce myself on this forum. So here it is:

I've tackled problems with Christianity for a solid decade now. My grandparents, during my pre-teens and early teens took me to a Pentecostal church whenever I visited them. I always hid my dread at going to church once every Wednesday and twice on Sunday. For the longest time, even though I tried to suppress the feeling, I felt the church itself was.... wrong. This nagging feeling had me thinking I might be possessed, and that's why I avoided going up front to be prayed upon at all costs. It was the worst feeling spiritually that I've ever felt, everytime someone "prophesied" or "spoke in tongues" or otherwise went into (what I can now boldly and comfortably label) a borderline psychotic episode.

Quite a while ago, I found this site of essays, and they sufficiently answered all the right questions for me. By no means am I an expert on the subjects at hand, but Ray's arguments against mainstream Christianity make both logical and spiritual sense. They've been a great help. I can better distinguish between the foolishness of this world, and the righteous glory of God. I also now realize that the foolishness of this world serves a high cause.

Love, peace, and blessings to you all in the name of Jesus Christ,

- "Superman"

Hello Superman!

Welcome to The Forum. Always nice to see another Superhero realize his True Destiny:D

PS: Look out for vampires! I think I've scared most of them off, but every now and then, another one pops out...

- Daywalker

aqrinc

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2008, 03:05:23 AM »

Hi Superman,

Welcome to the forum, lots of great stuff and some challenges to keep you on your toes.
Btw whatever happened to that jar of kryptonite Lex was running around with ??? ;D.

I know what you mean about the Pentecostal Church, that was one of my many stops
while on the run from God. Still remember the weird feeling when i looked around at
people gyrating and yammering; i always thought something was wrong with me because
i did not ever once feel anything but what is going on here ???. Glad we both made it out
in more or less one piece  :o.

george ;D.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 23 queries.