bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lake of Fire defined on Wikipedia  (Read 13601 times)

legoman

Re: Lake of Fire defined on Wikipedia
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2008, 05:28:02 PM »

By the way I just updated the Christian Universalism page on wikipedia with a link to Bible-truths:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Universalism#External_links

Guess I'm in the mood to spread some links...

Kevin

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2008, 05:48:37 PM »

You know it would be a full time job for someone to keep this and other wiki topics updated, but it would be a good use of time for any volunteers, and a great way to spread the true gospel.

Craig

Akira329

• "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2008, 08:08:46 PM »

hmmmmmmmmmm...........??
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

Extol

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2008, 12:17:31 AM »

hey marques,
 i read the wikipedia entry and was reminded how beautiful God's plan for humanity is. i've been at bible truths for nearly three years and have believed in the salvation of all, but for some reason when i read that line on wikipedia, it really hit me again. . .almost as if i was realizing it for the first time; that the Lake of Fire is a means for redemption and salvation. thanks for the reminder. :)

cjwood

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2008, 12:29:43 AM »

hey marques,
 i read the wikipedia entry and was reminded how beautiful God's plan for humanity is. i've been at bible truths for nearly three years and have believed in the salvation of all, but for some reason when i read that line on wikipedia, it really hit me again. . .almost as if i was realizing it for the first time; that the Lake of Fire is a means for redemption and salvation. thanks for the reminder. :)

marques,
in light of extol's being shown anew what he thought he a...knew...i would say keep on keeping on with your wiki (true)definition of the lake of fire. yes indeed, our God works in mysterious ways.

you are a warrior of the best kind.
claudia

aqrinc

« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2008, 03:53:14 AM »

Marques,

The link is live (references) at this time, i went there and read the first page. :o Now that is going on
the attack and since we already know the end, the battle is won, Our Lake puts Out their hellfire. ;D

Glory To GOD And Our Lord Jesus Christ.

george.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 04:02:29 AM by aqr »

fox

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2008, 12:51:39 PM »

Your work has been edited again. One reference and 2 links are left. Last sentence refers to the reference
that is left. At least they did not totally obliterate your addition at this time.

fox
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 12:55:28 PM by fox »

Craig

• There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2008, 01:22:54 PM »

Yet others interpret the lake of fire as a painless process of purification, a means of salvation or redemption.

Marques, where did you or Ray ever write this.  This is the problem with mainstream christianity, they only see what they think.

Craig

mharrell08

« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2008, 01:43:15 PM »

This is what I originally posted in the Lake of Fire in Revelation section of the Wiki page:

Some time in the last half of the first century AD, the apostle John was on the Isle of Patmos when he found himself "in spirit on the Lord’s day."[4] Among his many remarkable visions he saw this:

Revelation 19:20 "And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone."

Revelation 20:10 "And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever."

Revelation 20:14-15 "And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."

Revelation 21:8 "But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death."

Concerning the "Second Death," John also has this to report

Revelation 2:11 "He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death."

Revelation 20:6 "Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years."

And finally this one

Revelation 14:10 "...and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb."

These are all the Scriptural references in the entire Bible that mention the "lake of fire and the second death."[5]

The Lake of Fire is symbolic as is the Second Death. As with all the images described in the Book of Revelation, it was signified [6] which is to make known with signs or symbols and therefore not literal.

While popular belief is that people who are cast into the Lake of Fire are tormented for time unending, the Bible never states such. The Bible shows the purpose of the Lake of Fire as a means for salvation or redemption and not pain or torment.

Then that Deftri or whatever user keeps undoing it...I'm finished.  :P

That's so true Craig...they only see what they want to see...this same user has all kind of heretical junk that they have contributed; spiritual understanding means nothing to them as long as the reference has an MD, DD, or whatever.  ::)

Marques

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2008, 06:38:53 PM »

If you know where to look, you can buy one of those, Marques.  Or should I say, the Rev. Dr. Marques.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

mharrell08

« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2008, 07:23:49 PM »

If you know where to look, you can buy one of those, Marques.  Or should I say, the Rev. Dr. Marques.

LOL... :D

'Can I get an Amen!!!! Hallelujah!!!!...now you all know that the Reverend and his Mrs have been looking into a new building for the church...there is a collection plate being passed around now; if you could find if in your heart to give as you will receive a hundredfold...'  :D :D :D

Marques

aqrinc

« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2008, 01:09:05 AM »

LOL Marques,

In for a penny or a pound of longhorn fertilizer.

george. ;D

LOL... :D

'Can I get an Amen!!!! Hallelujah!!!!...now you all know that the Reverend and his Mrs have been looking into a new building for the church...there is a collection plate being passed around now; if you could find if in your heart to give as you will receive a hundredfold...'  :D :D :D

Marques

Akira329

• "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2008, 11:57:54 PM »

Look over to ya neighbor and say, "Tis better to give than receive"
and now say amen hallelujah!! ;D

Boy I could go on and on, I been in church way too long!!

Yet others interpret the lake of fire as a painless process of purification, a means of salvation or redemption.

Marques, where did you or Ray ever write this.  This is the problem with mainstream christianity, they only see what they think.

Craig

This is quite funny! :D

Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

legoman

« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2009, 10:29:15 AM »

This is an older thread I know, but just thought I'd give an update and point out the Lake of Fire wikipedia link to bible-truths.com has been modified.

Its kindof amusing actually - there are 2 links that say they point to bible-truths.com, but when you actually click on them they point to a couple of "pro-hell" websites!  "hellandjustice.com" and "isaiah666.com"

What kind of a name is "Isaiah 666"?  Sheesh.  Foolishness.  I will change them back in the next day or so if no one else does.

Kevin

Phil3:10

« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2009, 12:43:28 PM »

Marques,
Great try, maybe someone or many had the opportunity to see the real truth. However, our GOD will call those HE wills into HIS absolute truth. Thanks for your faithfulness.
Phil3:10

meee

« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2009, 10:42:01 AM »

Hey Marques, maybe you can keep going and keep changing it. ;)
        Wonder what would happen the,!?
                   Hugs,meee

legoman

« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2009, 12:45:18 PM »

Somebody fixed it up last night.  Who ever that was, thankyou  :)

By the way its easy for anyone to go into wikipedia and fix up the page.  I periodically check it every month or so (mainly just out of curiousity to see if the link was still there).  Just be respectful/subtle with your changes and they will stay there.

Kevin

daywalker

« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2009, 06:32:07 PM »

Look over to ya neighbor and say, "Tis better to give than receive"
and now say amen hallelujah!! ;D

Boy I could go on and on, I been in church way too long!!

Craig

This is quite funny! :D

Antaiwan

Every Sunday, when I used to go to Church [Freel Will Baptist denomination], when they were getting ready to receive "offerings", the Band Leader would say,

"If you're a visitor, we don't want your money. But if you're a member, hand over the bucks!" [usually followed by laughter]

Now, I know he said this, sarcastically, but it makes you wonder why anyone would want to become a "member"? You mean as long as I remain a "visitor", then I never have to pay tithes .. excuse me, "offerings"?  ??? 8)

Ha, ha, funny, funny,

Daywalker.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 22 queries.